Chapter 6

Fragile Line

Chapter 6

 

Author’s POV

Bar Around the Town

 

“Stupid.” Yoona mumbles after sip her drinks.

“Miss, are you okay?” The waiter asks her.

Yoona glared at him and made him flinch. “This is weak. Give me something strong.” Yoona said while raising her glass. The waiter nod his head and made Yoona another drinks. Yoona look down to the table and spacing out while smiling. ‘I hate the taste of this thing but why am I here?’ Yoona scoffed at her own thoughts.

She looks on her table. She realise she’s been drinking 8 glass beer and currently waiting for another one to come. Yoona hate the taste of alcohol but yet here she is. Drinking like a mad woman. She took off her snapback and ruffles her hair. She wishes all her thoughts will go away. She wishes she will forget everything in the morning. She doesn’t want to remember anything.

“Here’s your drink Miss.” The waiter said. Yoona put back her snapback and take one shots of her drinks. The bartender looks at Yoona and amazed how a girl could take one shots of that tall glass.

Yoona put down her glass and wipe her lips. She starts to feel dizzy and the world around her is spinning around. She looks at the bartender and smile sheepishly. “Give me a bottle of JD.” The waiter walks away and takes the bottle of beer to Yoona’s table.

“Here you go Miss.” The waiter said and left Yoona alone. Yoona looks at the beer bottle and take a sip from it. She smiles like an idiot and starts rummage at her pocket to take out the money.

She left the money on the table and starts to walk out from the bar. She walks slowly and once in a while she takes a sip from the bottle of beer. Her head is getting heavier yet she keeps pushing herself to drink all the beer. She walks and stops in the middle of the road. The thoughts of Yuri come across her mind.

Without she realising it, tears run down on her cheeks. She misses Yuri. She needs to meet Yuri. She has to bring Yuri back. She needs to fix everything. She doesn’t want their marriage crumble down into ashes. She still loves their relationship. She would do anything to win Yuri’s heart again. ‘Where are you Yuri..’ Yoona thought sadly. She closes her eyes and let her tears falls again.

 

HONK! HONK!

 

A loud horn has made her open her eyes and a bright light is getting closer to her. ‘If this is the end, then be it.’ Yoona thoughts and closes her eyes. She waited for a loud impact coming to her until she heard someone screaming. “Watch out!” That person screams and pushes Yoona away. Yoona fall down on the ground and didn’t feel any pain at her body. She tried to open her eyes but her eyes won’t budge. With her fuzzy sight, she sees a person shook her body and asks her to wake up. Slowly Yoona let herself, meet the darkness.

 

--------------------------------------------------------------------

 

Yuri is strolling around the town to ease her mind. She looks around her and sees a lot of couple around her. Yuri sighed heavily. How she wishes Yoona was here to walk with her like they used to. Holding hands, giggling over each other jokes, sharing ice cream, Yuri missed to do that.

She shook her head and keep on walking. She reaches in front of the bar that she drops by this evening to hang out. Yuri walks into the bar and greet her friend who also the bartender of the bar. “Hi James” Yuri said while sits on the chair.

“Yuri? That’s odd.” James said jokingly.

“What’s odd?”

“It’s rarely to see you here at this time. What happen to the skin protection what so ever?”

Yuri laughs heartily. “Hey, screw the skin regenerate. I need a couple drinks.”

“Usual?” James asks while wiping her glass.

“Yes James. The usual please”

“Wait for a while.”

Yuri nod and her eyes start to wander around the bar. She sees James boyfriend, Nathan which also a waiter at the bar is sweating like mad.

“Here’s your drink.” James said while put the glass in front of Yuri.

She takes a sip and put the glass down. “Hey James, what happen to him?” Yuri points at Nathan.

James laughs when he sees Nathan pissed off face. “Nathan? Some customer pissing him off, he said that girl over there. Keep glaring at her whenever she asks for a drink.” James said while points at the right side of the bar.

Yuri nods her head and changes her gaze to the right side of the bar. She shrugged and changes her view. She sees Nathan is approaching them with his pissed off.

“That girl, thank god she’s beautiful. Or else, I’m sure I’m going to punch her in her face.” Nathan said while put away the glasses. “She’s been drinking like a mad woman. See these 9 glasses it’s all hers! I know she had a problem but for god sake don’t throw it at others.”

“Where is she from?” James asks while eyeing at the girl.

“I don’t know. Sounds like Korean. Her slang says it.” Nathan said and made Yuri looks at him.

“Did you say Korean?” Yuri asks him while furrowed her eyebrows.

“I think so. She had beautiful eyes, like a deer or something and fair skin. She seems like having a lot of problem. I pitied her but still, she didn’t have to glare at me every time I serve her.”

“Deer eyes??” Yuri said while widen her own eyes. She looks at her right side and sees the table is empty. Yuri takes out her money and left it on the table. She walks out from the bar and looking for the person Nathan describe to her just now. If it’s Yoona, she needs to find her.

After heard what Nathan about the amount of the glasses, she’s getting worried. If the girl was Yoona, Yuri needs to be there. She’s afraid Yoona will do something that will harm herself. She sees Yoona drunk and it afraid her. She continues walking and sees a figure standing in the middle of the road. She takes a deep breath and walk slowly to the figure.

 

HONK! HONK!

 

Yuri hears a loud horn coming from her left side and she sees that figure didn’t bother to move. Yuri runs to the figure and shouts. “Watch out!” She pushes the figure with her fall to the ground. She wraps her arms around the figure and looks at the figure. Yuri kneels next to the figure and shook that figure body. “Wake up! Wake up!” That figure didn’t budge and Yuri keeps on shook that figure body until the figure snapbacks fell off.

“Yoona..” Yuri widens her eyes when she sees Yoona’s face. Yuri taps on Yoona’s cheek asking Yoona to wake up. “Yoona wake up. Please. Wake up. Please.” Yuri begs her. Suddenly Yoona snuggles closer to Yuri and made Yuri sighs in relieve. She looks down and chuckles when she sees how cute Yoona is.

Yuri looks at the bottle that lay next to Yoona and sighed heavily. ‘What happen to you Yoong?’ Yuri thought while put a strands of Yoona hair behind ears. She checks Yoona hoodie to find Yoona’s key card and which hotel Yoona staying. She takes out Yoona key card and put inside her pocket. She held Yoona and let Yoona stand for a while. She put Yoona behind her back and gives Yoona a piggyback ride.

On the walk back to the hotel, Yoona were sleeping soundly on her back. She chuckled softly when Yoona snuggles closer to her. She remembers Yoona used to say that her back is comfy. Before the incident happen, Yoona like to bully Yuri by giving her a piggyback ride. Though Yoona is the man in the relationship, she still needs someone to pamper her like a baby. Yuri sighed heavily when she knows this will be the last she give Yoona a piggyback ride.

As soon as they arrive at the hotel, Yuri walks straight to Yoona’s room and slowly tucks Yoona into the hotel bed. She sits next to Yoona and stares at Yoona’s peaceful face. That calm face Yuri use sees every time she wakes up in the morning and today will be her last time seeing it.

With shaking hand, she slowly reach for Yoona face and Yoona face softly and full with love. She bit her lips when she can feel Yoona’s cheekbone and Yuri realise that latter is getting skinnier than she used to. ‘Why are you getting skinnier? He didn’t feed you?’ Yuri thought sadly. She keep on tracing Yoona’s face and slowly let her fingers feels Yoona’s jawline. The line are getting more visible and Yuri shook her head.

Yoona shifts her sleep position and made Yuri flinch a bit. Yuri looks at Yoona’s left hand and sees Yoona’s bandage arm has been flowed with blood. Without waiting, she stood up and find an aid kit to change Yoona bandages. She stood up and throws her coat away and walk to the toilet. With the aid kit and a bowl of water, Yuri went to Yoona left side and begin to treats Yoona’s wound.

Slowly she opens the bandage and not making Yoona winced in pain. She put away the old bandage and take a piece of clothes and wipe Yoona’s wound softly. She stares at Yoona’s wound and almost cry. This is one of the reason why Yuri never left Yoona alone after Yoona first attempt to herself when Seunggi left her. Only Yuri and Sooyoung knew about this incident. Yoona wouldn’t cut herself unless she’s depressed and Yuri know she’s the reason behind this deep wound.

After wiping Yoona’s wound, she bandage the wound back. Yuri rub Yoona left arms slowly. Yuri trace Yoona’s left arm until she reach Yoona’s finger. She’s shock when she sees Yoona is wearing both of their wedding ring. Slowly Yuri interwined her hand with Yoona and kiss the wedding ring. Yuri closed her eyes to held in her tears. She let go of Yoona’s hand and went to toilet to keep the bowl and aid kit away.

She walks back to Yoona bed and sit next to her. Yuri is ready to bid her goodbye to Yoona and after she walks out from this room she’s no longer known as Kwon-Im Yuri nor Kwon Yuri. Yuri spread Yoona right arms slowly and lie down next to Yoona. She take Yoona’s right arm to slide it under her neck. Yuri wanted to feel Yoona’s warmth again even it just for awhile. She brought her hand to Yoona’s face and rub Yoona’s cheek softly. Yuri closes her eyes and wishing time could stop for a moment. “I’m sorry Yoona..” Yuri whispered slowly.

Yoona who heard the familiar voice, slowly open her eyes. With blurry sight, she sees a figure lying down next to her. A sharp sting come across her head and made her shook her head softly. After a few moment when her sight become clearer, she couldnt believe her eyes. The one who she’s hoping to see is lying next to her and staring at her. ‘Am I dreaming? She’s here.’ Yoona thoughts. She wanted to believe her eyes, she wanted to believe that the one she’s been searching for is here. “You’re here?” Yoona asks the person with hoarse and soft voice. Yoona reach out her left hand and trace that person face slowly. Her eyes starts to glistening with tears as she sense that Yuri is somewhat a dream come true to her.

Yuri looks softly into Yoona’s eye and nod slowly. “I’m here now.” Yuri rub Yoona’s cheek slowly and made Yoona closes her eyes to the familiar touch.

“Yuri, I’m sorry.” Yoona said softly while letting her single tears run down on her face.

“Don’t be.” Yuri shook her head and wipe Yoona tears away.

“I’m sorry.” Yoona said while looking straight into Yuri’s eye. Yuri could feel that Yoona’s body starts to tremble due to the crying Yoona held for a while now and Yuri keep on wipes the tears that run down on Yoona face. “Don’t go.” Yoona said softly.

Yuri nod her and smile at Yoona softly. Without her to notice, her tears starts to run down on her cheeks.

With shaking hand, Yoona Yuri cheeks and starts to cry even harder. “I’m so--sorry. Don--don’t leave m--me. Please.  Don--don’t go.” Yoona

“I won’t.” Yuri said softly. She keep on wiping Yoona tears who wouldn’t stop falling. “Don’t cry. Please.”

Yoona pull Yuri closer to her and hug Yuri tightly. She cried and keep mumbling ‘don’t go, please don’t leave me, I’m sorry’ to Yuri. Yoona couldn’t stop crying. She’s afraid that Yuri is just a dream. A dream that she keep having for the past few months. She’s afraid when she wake up from her sleep, Yuri’s gone from her sight again.  

Yuri slide her arms under Yoona’s waist and hug Yoona’s back. Yuri keep nodding her head and let her tears shed down on her cheeks. Yuri pull herself a bit and look into Yoona’s eye. That fragile doe eye is begging for her to stay again. That doe eyes who used to shine like a gem, it didnt shine anymore. “Don’t cry.” Yuri whispered to Yoona while wipes those painful tears away.

“I lo--love you Yuri. I love you.. dont leave me..” Yoona said while sobbing. “I lo--” Yoona’s word has been sealed by a kiss from Yuri. Slowly Yoona closed her eyes and let herself drown into the kiss.

Yuri kisses Yoona lips slowly and full with love. ‘God, let me feel her for one last time. Just for this one last time.’ Yuri thoughts and let her tears flows down even more. Both of them were crying and neither of them wanted to pulled away. They have drown into those tender kisses that full with pain, longing and love.

Yoona pulled Yuri closer to her closing the gap between them. She held Yuri tightly and never had intention to let Yuri go. Yuri throws her arms around Yoona necks and hugs Yoona even tighter. They kiss until they out of breath and rest on each other forehead.

They just stares into each other eyes while taking their breath. “Don’t leave me..” Yoona said softly.

“I won’t.” Yuri replied back. She pulled Yoona into her embraces and let Yoona snuggle closer to her. “Go to sleep.” Yuri said softly while Yoona hair.

“Don’t leave me Yuri.” Yoona said softly and closed her eyes to let herself went to her real dreamland.

Yuri kiss Yoona’s crown and let tears fall once again. “I’m sorry Yoona.” Yuri whispers. Knowing that this will be the last time she held Yoona in her arms, she hugs Yoona tightly and stayed in that position for awhile. Yuri know Yoona won’t remember any of this when that latter wake up in the morning.

Slowly she slide off her arms from Yoona’s neck and put Yoona hands away from her waist. She put down Yoona’s hand and looks at Yoona peaceful face again. “I’m sorry Yoona.” Yuri whispers and kiss Yoona’s forehead for one last time. She stayed there and whispered that one word. “I love you..”

She grab her coat and walks out from Yoona’s hotel room. She fasten her steps and let tears run down on her cheeks all over again. After she reach at the outside of the hotel, Yuri starts to run. She doesn’t know where her legs led her. She keep on running until she reach at the beach. Their favorite beach.

Yuri fell down on her knees and cried her heart out. All the pain she took for almost two years has end but yet she feel a painful stab in her and she feel herself has crumble down into a pieces. After all Yoona did to her, Yuri can never hate Yoona. The sparks of Yoona’s love are still linger in her.

“I’m sorry Yoona.. I’m sorry..” Yuri said softly to the sea in front of her. After calming herself, Yuri stand up from her current position and walk back home.

 

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

Yoona’s POV

 

I woke up after light beams thru my eyes. Slowly I open my eyes and been greeted by blue skies from the outside of my hotel room. Out of sudden, I feel a massive pain at my head and my bandage arm. I look at my left arm and find the bandage had been change. ‘What happen last night?’ I thought to myself.

I woke up from bed and stares at my new bandage. I’m trying to remember what happen last night. All I remember that I went to a bar for a couple drinks and walk out from the bar with a bottle in my right hand and I was crying. And the last thing I saw is a bright light from my left side.

I shook my head and decide to let it be. I look to my right side of the bed and sigh heavily. “So it’s really just a dream.” I said to myself. I remember last night Yuri was here. She’s here. She’s really here. ‘Silly, you expect her to be here after you’ve done to her?’ I scoffed at myself.

I stand up from my bed and stand in front of mirror. I play with my hair and later slowly stare at the reflection of me. I notice too many changes happens to me and this person inside the mirror is just the plain me. The plain me who cause a lot of pain to Yuri and the plain me who change because of that one man who used to have my heart and left that one woman who had locks my heart with all her vows.

This isn’t my real reflection. My real reflection had walks away from me. The one who I used to stares at every day, the one who I called other half of me and the one who love me and the one who would always cherish me in her life has choose to go her own way. “Will you give me another chance to fix you again?” I said to the mirror and sigh heavily. I walk to the bathroom to take a bath.

After an hour taking bath, I get myself ready and pack up my things. I’m going back to Korea without Yuri with me. I promise my unnies that I’ll bring her back but here I am breaking another promise to them. It’s my fault. I don’t deserve her. I don’t deserve to have anyone in my life. Yes no one.

I’m not giving up on her. I’m not giving on us. It just I’m sick of this and the thought of leaving her here alone is driving me crazy. I’m sick living alone. I’m sick not having her with me. I’m sick with me. I’m sick with me who treat her like a trash.

After done packing up my things, I went down for the check-out procedure and ride a taxi to the airport. I know as soon as I ride off my plane, I will left all of me buried here. Till that day come, maybe I will let it in again.

‘I will wait for you Yuri. Even it takes a lifetime for you to come back then I’ll wait for you.’ I thought while staring at the outside of the plane.

 

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

Yuri’s POV

 

Yuri’s Dream

 

“Yuri where are you?”

A voice called me. I’ve been hiding inside this closet for a while now. That voice keep on calling for me. I’m scared. That voice keep on chasing me. “Yuri, where are you? Come here baby.. Don’t be scared. I’m here.” I hug my knees as I feel the voice is getting closer to the place I’ve been hiding.

“Go away..” I whisper softly. My body starts to tremble as I hear the door closer starts to open slowly.

“There you are baby.. Why are you hiding in here? Are you scared?” That voice said in soft tone but full with venom in it. His hand starts to my hair and made me shivered in fear.

“St--stay away fr--from me..” I said while avoid his hand. I can hear his breath changing and suddenly I feel a sharp pain at my head as he dragging me out from the closet by grabs a fist of my hair. “LET ME GO!” I shout in pain.

He pulled to the mirror to let me see my own reflection. I look at myself in the mirror. My clothes were torn apart and bruise all over my body. I look at the person who had his grip at my hair, it’s him. Him who ruins me before, his eyes were fuming in anger and smiling at me like a psychopath. “Who’s going to save you now Yuri.. No one Yuri.. No one..” He whisper loudly at my ears and laugh like an evil.

 

---------------------------------------------------------------------

 

I open my eyes and jolt up from my bed. My chest starts to hurt so badly and my body is tremble in fear. I fall down from my bed and gasping for my air. I crawl to my make-up table to take my medicine. I reach out for my medicine at the table and open the bottle. My hands were shaking so badly and it didn’t help at all. I try to open the cap of the bottle with my shaking hand.

I feel my breath is getting shorter and my chest is getting tighter. “Open.. Damn it..” I said in between my breath. Finally the cap has open and the pills splattered all over the floor. I grab two pills and reach out for my water bottle. I sit and let my back resting at the chair near the table.

Quickly I swallow the two pills and take a sip of water from the bottle. I put the bottle next to me as I breathe in and out slowly. I close my eyes and I feel my tears starts to run down on my face. I open my eyes and look to my left and right of the room. That feeling come back again to haunt me.

I starts to feel scared and the feeling of someone is watching me is haunting me again. I hug my knees and close my eyes tightly. I keep on shaking my head to left and right. “Go away.. Stay away from me.. Leave me alone..” I said loudly. I’m scared to open my eyes, what if someone come and kill me like he did. I cried my heart out and keep on saying the same thing.

“Yoona, where are you? Please come back.. Help me please.. I’m scared.. Help me..” I said to myself. I let myself fall down to the floor. I curl myself up and hug myself tightly. “Yoona, please help me.. I ne--need you.. I’m sc--scared.. Help me..” I said while crying. At this time, I wish Yoona were here. I wish she were here to keep this fear away. I wish she were here to hug me and whisper to me that everything is going to be fine.

“Yoona.. I need you.. Help me.. Please Yoona.. Help me..” I’m calling out for her. I’m calling for her who hurt me. I’m calling out for her who neglects me. But the one that I’m calling is never going to be here. She’s with someone else. She’s no longer mine. She left me in misery and pain yet she’s the one I love until now. I still need her. I still want her. I still love her. “Yoona, please come back..” I said before letting myself drifting away to my dreamland again.

 

-TBC-

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

Author's Note; Hello Hello! How was it everyone? Okay it's Yoonyul encounters. Sorry I had to break them up again. Don't worry they will meet again soon! Please wait for it! Thank you for the upvotes and thank you for subscribing my story! Thank you! Thank you! Yo Peace Out!

 

COMING UP ON CHAPTER 7;

 

“Annyeong chingu ah..” Yoona said approach the little girl closer.

That little girl looks at her and smiles. “Annyeong ajumma.” The little girl waves at her and asks Yoona to come closer.

 

“I don’t have appa. I have omma. Omma is busy.” The little girl said while continued drawing at the wall.

 “What’s your name little girl?” Yoona ask while looking at the little girl drawings.

 

I snapped out and look at her face. It’s her. It’s really her. Her face, it stills the same. That smile line. “Are you Yuri? Our Yuri?” I ask her.

“I think you had mistaken me.” She said to me softly. 

 

‘Yuri ah. Tell me how much you love me.’

Yuri looks at the camera and smile sweetly. ‘I love you too much and I think I can’t even spend a day without you. Yoona ah, thank you for accepting me at my flaws. Thank you so much Yoona. If you didn’t save me that day, I don’t think I can be here and be happy again with you.’ Yuri changes her vision to the sea and scream. ‘IM YOONA! I LOVE YOU! KWON-IM YURI LOVES YOU! SARANGHAE!’