Chapter 4.1

Fragile Line

Two Weeks Later

Yoona has been discharged from the hospital and she currently staying at the dorm under her member supervision. Her member brought her to the dorm and decided to let Yoona to stay with them after what happen to her three weeks ago. Yoona has been secluding herself from everyone since the day she’s been discharged from the hospital.

Yoona is lying on her bed inside the room that she shared with Yuri. It becomes a habit to her and Yuri and whenever she’s on bed, she will always lie on the left side of the bed and Yuri on the other side. She stared at the empty ceiling in front of her and sighs heavily. She shifts her position facing the empty side of the bed.

She traces the empty sheets with her cold palm. She looks at the empty side and her heart start to shatter. For once and right now, she wishes Yuri was here. She will hug Yuri and asks for Yuri’s forgiveness again. She will do anything as long as Yuri willing to come back and held her like she used to.

A commotion happens at the living room and made Yoona turn around to face the door. She hesitates to walk out from the room. She’s afraid she will ruin the mood after what she did. She knew how mad Sooyoung and Tiffany were to her. She decides to shrugged it off and close her eyes to take a short nap.

 

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

Living Room

 

Sooyoung took the package and bring it inside the dorm. She brought the big packages to the living room where’s everyone is waiting for her. “Yah! Where did you get that?” Sunny said out loud.

“It’s from Yuri. It’s arrived a week ago. Seohyun ah, can you call Yoona?” Sooyoung said while putting the packages. Seohyun who received the instruction from Sooyoung, nodded and went to get Yoona.

“What’s in there Soo?” Tiffany asks.

“I don’t know. Let’s wait for Yoona. Oh there you are.” Sooyoung said when she sees maknae dragging Yoona to the living room. The others look at Yoona who is currently rubbing her eyes. Yoona is getting skinnier day after day after she stops taking her meals and her left arms still on bandage. Seohyun make Yoona seated in front of the packages and Yoona looks weirdly at the package.

“Open this package Yoona. It’s from Yuri.” Yoona eyes lit up when she heard Yuri’s name. She quickly wrapped off the packages and took out the small packages from the inside. On the small packages had Yoona and all the members name. Yoona distribute the small packages to them.

“Okay let’s open it.” Taeyeon instruct them.

Tiffany opens her packages and sees her favourite muffler and a letter in it. Tiffany smile sadly while grip the muffler tightly. “It’s my favourite muffler, Yuri like this muffler so I gave it to her.”

Jessica opens her packages and took out a small box with a watch from Michael Kors in it. The box comes with a letter from Yuri. “I thought she lost this watch. She told me she lost this watch. I was so damn mad at her when she said she lost it.”

Taeyeon opens her packages. It’s a sketch book and a letter had been stick at the front cover. Taeyeon go page by page and trace it slowly. When she reaches the last page, there’s a picture of 9 of them laughing and looks really happy and she knows she didn’t sketches it. Yuri did. She just bit her lips and sigh when she sees the p/s note at the bottom of the sketches.

‘Taenggoo ah, Kekeke, I’m the one who keeping this sketch book. Look I drew all of us. Pretty isn’t it?!! Plus in this sketch book, it has Yoona in it but now I’m giving it back. Mianhae! ^_^’

Hyoyeon and Sunny looks surprised when they see what Yuri gave back to them. Sunny got her. “I can’t believe she remembered this.” Sunny said while examine the box that had headphones that she wanted the most. She remembered how she bugs Yuri to buy this headphone as her birthday presents. As for Hyoyeon, Yuri gave her a snapback, Yuri’s favourite snapback. Hyoyeon remembered how she steals the hat from Yuri. Hyoyeon love the design of the hat and this hat only Yuri’s own it since it made special for her.

Seohyun opened up her packages and cup . “UNNIE! IT’S HAS BAN KI MOON SIGNATURE ON IT!” Seohyun said while showing the books to all her unnies. She hugs the books tightly and holds the letters Yuri give to her.

Sooyoung sigh and looks at packages in front of her. “You want me to open it for you?” Hyoyeon said while Sooyoung cheeks. Sooyoung nods. Hyoyeon opens the packages and she takes out a hoodie that had sticky notes on it and letters from Yuri.

 

‘Youngie ah, remember when you said you love to hug people whenever Hyoyeon wasn’t around? Kekeke. Here’s my favourite hoodie for you. Hope it will keep you warm and accompany you whenever Hyoyeon wasn’t around okay? ^_^v’

 

Hyoyeon passed Sooyoung the hoodies and Sooyoung stared at the hoodie.

The others look at Yoona and waited for her to open her packages. Yoona sigh heavily and opens her packages. She received a yellow envelope, her favourite bangles, an album and Yuri’s wedding ring. Yoona dig deeper into the envelope to see is there any letter from Yuri to her but she got none. Yoona open the yellow envelope and bit her lips when she sees the content.

It’s their divorce document that had been sign by Yuri. The others who see the documents cupped their mouth and widen their eyes. Yoona throw the documents slowly on the table and cupped her face.

“You get what you want. Sign it.” Sooyoung said coldly and walks out from the living room. The others look at Sooyoung and sighed heavily. Tiffany who is still mad at Yoona decides to walk out from the living room.

“I’m sorry Yoong. Let them be for a while.” Hyoyeon said while rubs Yoona’s back.

“It’s okay Unnie.” Yoona smile sadly. Yoona take all the things that Yuri give her and put inside the packages back. She stood up and walk to the front door. “Unnie. I’m going to my apartment for a while.” Yoona said to her unnies while wearing her coats.

“You want me to send you there?” Taeyeon offered.

“It’s okay Unnie. I’ll just take the taxi.” Yoona assured them with sad smile.

“Are you sure Yoong?” Sunny asked worriedly.

Yoona nodded and walks out from the house. She takes taxi to her apartments. She walks into her apartments and realise nothing has changes since the last time she came here. Yoona walks to one specific room and decided to keep all the stuff that Yuri gave to her in there.

She put the album on the bedside table so does the documents. She holds Yuri wedding ring and stares at it for a while. She shook her head and walks out from the room. Yoona walks to her living room and sit there for a while. Thoughts start to revolve in her as the words she spoke to Sooyoung cross thru her mind.

 

“The thing is I just save her from that incident and I don’t expecting her to fall in love with me because of that.”

 

She cupped her face after remembering those words. Those painful words she said it herself yet she feels her heart were torn apart and rip into million pieces.

 

“You know what Sooyoung, I believe saving her was a biggest mistake I ever made. I wish I didn’t save her. I wish she could just die from that incident so that I won’t get myself into her messy life and this messy situation.”

 

She shook her head at her words. ‘Why did I say that?’ Yoona thought. Worries start to build in her as she remembers her word. There’s a reason why she save Yuri. There’s the reason why she choose to be in love with Yuri. She wanted to protect Yuri. That day when Yoona saw how vulnerable Yuri has been, she promised herself she will do anything to make Yuri happy again and promised herself to always protect Yuri. She even promises herself she wouldn’t bring out this side of Yuri again.

But here she is, breaking all the promises she made. She cheated on Yuri. Instead of shielding Yuri and being Yuri’s knight and shining armour, she’s adding more pain to all the wounds that she already made. Instead of making the new Yuri, she brings out the old Yuri again.

 

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

Flashback

 

Yoona, who is currently waiting for her members at practice room to practicing their new comeback songs, after 2 hours of waiting, she starts to feel bored and decides to take a walk around the building until she saw a two familiar figure, a boy and a girl at the end of the corridor. She recognized both of them. Yoona tip toes to both figures hide behind the stacks of boxes near them. Yoona eavesdrop their conversation.

“Yuri, please.” A deep voice called Yuri while grabbing Yuri’s wrist tightly.

“What do you want Minho? I had enough with this. Seriously, stop this. I don’t like this and please stop this.” Yuri said in stern and soft voice.

“Yuri, don’t you love me anymore? I thought you like me. I thought you love me. I love you Yuri ah.” Yuri who heard Minho saying this starts to feel weird at Minho’s action.

“Minho, let me go. You’re hurting me.” Yuri tried to free her wrist. She starts to unbearable pain when Minho grab her wrist tightly which made her winced at the pain.

“No. I didn’t have any intention of letting you go now.”

“Minho, please stop it. Let me go.”

“No.” Yuri shook her head at childish Minho.

“Let me go or else.”

“Or else what, you going to scream for help? Yuri, look around you. There’s no one here to help you.” Minho pinned Yuri to the wall harshly. “You’re all mine now.” Minho said while whispered at Yuri’s neck.

Yuri starts to feel disgusted at Minho touch. She tried to let herself go. She pushed Minho as hard as she can and slap Minho face.

 

PAK!

 

“Stay away from me!! Here’s the thing, for once I never thought of making you my boyfriend! I love someone else!!” Yuri shouts and tried to run away from the scene. Yoona bit her lips at Yuri’s word. Yuri never told her about liking someone.

Minho grabs Yuri wrist and pull her into an empty room. Yuri tried scream but Minho covered and muffles came out thru it. Yoona widen her eyes as soon as she heard Yuri’s muffle. She stood up to stop Minho but they’re gone. She starts to panic when she heard Yuri screaming for help in the empty room. Yoona went to the room and notice the room was lock.

She eavesdrops and heard chaos happening inside the room. She heard Yuri helplessly screaming for help. After a few minute, she feels her heart stop beating when she didn’t Yuri’s voice from the inside. Her hand starts to shake as she reaches for the stick near her.

“DIE YOU UNGRATEFUL WOMAN! DIE!” Minho screams from the inside. Yoona starts to feel anger roaming inside her and clench her teeth hard. With a split second, she kicks the door and looks at Minho back furiously. The scenery in front of her breaks her evens more when she saw Minho is holding a stick and ready to swing it at Yuri.

“YAH!” Yoona screams and swung the stick and it hits Minho head. Yoona hit Minho with the stick for several time until he passed out on the floor. Yuri looks at Yoona and she noticed Yoona face was so red and clenching her teeth hard.

“Yoo--Yoona ah..” She called Yoona with her last strength.

Yoona looks at Yuri who is bleeding and coughing blood. She let go of the stick and went to Yuri and held her tightly. “Unnie.. Unnie.. Please don’t.. don’t.. Unnie.. Stay with me..” Yoona said while choking up her tears. Her hand was shaking so badly when she saw blood from Yuri’s face didn’t stop from flowing.

“Yo--Yoona ah..”

“Unnie.. Hang on… Don’t say anything. Let’s get you out from here.” When she tried to put Yuri on her back, Yuri starts to scream in pain. Slowly she put Yuri on her back and run out from the room. Yoona runs out from the back of the building and run to the hospital which is five blocks away from their company. “Yuri Unnie, stay with me. Don’t close your eyes. Jaebal.” Yoona said while running to the hospital.

Yuri who heard Yoona’s word tried to stay awake but her body is slowly giving up on her. “Yoona ah, I ca--can’t..” Yuri said but that doesn’t made Yoona stop.

“We’re almost there. Please Yuri. Stay with me and don’t leave me please.” Yoona said when she feels Yuri’s body become heavier. She didn’t stop running and she let her tears run down on her cheeks and she tried to run as fast as she can to the hospital. As soon as she arrived at emergency room, she looks for help. “Please help me. She’s dying. Please save her.” Yoona said in between her cries as soon as she entered the emergency room. The nurse who saw the broken Yoona, assist her to the critical zone. She put unconscious Yuri on the bed and without letting go Yuri’s hand she followed Yuri to the Operation Room. “Stay with me. Don’t leave me. Don’t leave me please.” Yoona said while holding Yuri’s hand tightly.

Yuri who heard all Yoona’s word, let a single tears run down on her cheeks. For the first time she heard Yoona saying this, it touched her. Slowly she returns back the grip on Yoona’s hand. She squeezes Yoona’s hand softly.

Yoona keep on crying and Yuri’s face until they reach in front of OR, the nurse stops Yoona and kindly asks Yoona to wait patiently outside of the room. Yoona took a seat near the OR and sigh heavily. She’s breathing heavily while looks at her palm which full with Yuri’s blood. ‘God, please save her. Please don’t take her away. Save her please.’ Yoona thought sadly. She starts to space out until a phone call disturbed her. She took out her phone and there’s Jessica calling her.

“Yoona ah, are you inside the building right now? Why there’s an ambulance and police in front of the building? What happen? We couldn’t get into the building, there’s media, press and paparazzi out here.”

Yoona went speechless. She tried to tell Jessica about Yuri. Suddenly, she feels like choking her words after tears starts to run down on her face. She starts to sob and cried hard.

“Yoona ah, what’s wrong? What happen?”

“Si--Sica Unn--nie, Yu--Yuri Unn--nie, she--she’s in hospital.”

“WHAT?!! WHICH HOSPITAL? ARE YOU WITH HER? OH MY GOD! WHAT HAPPEN?” Jessica screamed on the line.

“Kyung Hee Hos--pital. Unn--nie.. Yu--Yuri Unn--nie..” Yoona said in between her sobs.

“Yoong hang on, we’ll be there as soon as possible. Wait for us.” Jessica hung up the phone and Yoona keep on crying. She hugs her knees and the image of Minho holding the stick to swing at Yuri keeps coming thru her mind. She wanted to kill Minho for hurting Yuri.

After a few minutes, all her members were running through the hallway. “Yoona ah, wh-what happ-pen to Yu-Yuri?” Sooyoung asked while breathed heavily. Yoona told all her members her stories and cried even harder. She feels she should save Yuri earlier before Minho dragged Yuri into the room. They start to feel worried after they heard about Yuri. Taeyeon starts to wander in front of the OR room and the others were calming each other and Yoona down. They knew it’s hard for Yoona since she close with Yuri.

After three hours of waiting, doctor came out from the OR rooms. Yoona and all her members gathered around the doctor. “Doctor, how’s Yuri? Is she okay?” Sooyoung asks while Yoona is hugging Jessica and afraid to heard news of what happen to Yuri.

“Can all of you come to my room for a while?” Doctor said and the others just nod. They followed the doctor from behind. The doctor gestured them to have a sit when they walk inside his room. Suddenly a man in suits and their manager walks into the doctor room. The doctor shakes his hand with the man and asks him to have a seat at the empty couch. “Girls, I would like you to meet Detective Lee Min Joon.” Their manager said.

“Hello.” Detective Lee said while giving them a small nod.

The girls bowed and Taeyeon as their leader starts to ask the doctor about Yuri. “Doctor, how is she doctor and why is Detective Lee are with us today?”

“She’s safe. Thanks to Miss Im for brought her to the hospital just in time. She suffered from few broken ribs, bruises and cuts on her face and she lost too much blood. Also I’m afraid to say that, this person who attacks her are trying ually assaults her.” Doctor said while examined his files.

“What do you mean doctor?” Taeyeon asks while furrowed her eyebrows. The others look at each other with unbelievable looks.

“I’ll take it from here Doctor.” Detective Lee said and made the girls face him. “There’s a scratch on her chest which the attacker trying to torn her tank tops but she avoid it from happening by punching the attacker, which causes her knuckles to bleed and after examine her attires, we notice that her jeans has a stretch mark near the zipper, looks like the attackers trying hard to torn her jeans apart.”

Yoona cupped after hearing the detective statement. Guilty starts to roam in her and she knows she should save Yuri earlier not after Yuri being dragged into the room. “It’s my fault. I should have saved her earlier. I heard she’s been muffled by him but I just stayed there until there’s no sound coming from the inside.” Yoona said in between her sobs.

Taeyeon sigh heavily when she heard Yoona’s word. She hates it when Yoona put all the blame on herself. She stood up from seat and kneeled in front of Yoona. “Yoona ah, it’s not your fault. Don’t ever blame yourself. You didn’t know it will happen this way right? Don’t blame yourself. No one is blaming you. Yoona ah, you’ve done a great job on saving her. If you didn’t save her, we might lose her today. She’s saved because of you, Yoona ah.” Taeyeon said while Yoona’s cheek.

Yoona throw her arms around Taeyeon and hug Taeyeon tightly. She cried in Taeyeon embraced and keeps mumbling I’m sorry to her.

All of them hung their head low. “We will do our best to solve this case.” Detective Lee bowed at them and walks out from the room with their manager.

“Doctor, can we see her now?” Tiffany asks softly.

“You may see her. Come let me show you her room.” The doctor walks them to Yuri’s room which located at VVIP floor. They bowed at the doctor and walks into Yuri’s room. They choked their tears when they see Yuri’s current state. Yuri’s is currently using ventilator to breath and her body are full wires. Her face is full with cuts and her head has been bandaged. Yoona went next to Yuri and hold her hand. She tried hard not to cry. She stared at Yuri’s face and slowly rubs Yuri’s hand.

Their manager walks into Yuri’s room to persuade them to go home and rest. Yoona insists to go home instead she choose to stay besides Yuri. All of them tries to persuade Yoona to go home but Yoona didn’t move instead she sits on the couch next to Yuri and look away from her member and shook her head. Yoona wanted to stay beside Yuri and be there for Yuri like Yuri did when Seunggi left her.

They give up on stubborn Yoona and walks out from the room. “Yoona ah, I’ll come tomorrow morning. Please inform us if she’s awake.” Taeyeon said while closed the door.

Yoona took a deep breath and look at Yuri softly. She’s glad that the doctors able to save her. While looking at Yuri’s peaceful face, a thought crosses her mind. ‘What happen if I wasn’t there? She might be dead and I would lose one of the most important people in my life. Now that she’s save, I know she will never be the same. What should I do?’ Yoona thought while rubs Yuri’s hand. While holding Yuri’s hand, she put her head on bed and slowly drifted to the dreamland.

 

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

A Week Later..

“Yoona ah, wake up.” Taeyeon rub Yoona’s shoulder softly to wake her up.

Yoona open her right eyes and sit properly. She rubs her neck to ease the cramped that she had after sleeping at the chair for almost one week. She tilts her head from left to right and open her eyes slowly. She sighed heavily when she saw Yuri’s still didn’t wake up from her sleep. She looks at Taeyeon and Sunny while rubs her eyes cutely.

Sunny and Taeyeon smiles softly at Yoona’s act, they’ve been repeated the same routine for a week. In the morning, Taeyeon and Sunny would come and brings Yoona some breakfast and clothes to change. In the afternoon, Jessica and Tiffany would drop by to pass Yoona her lunch and in the evening, Seohyun, Hyoyeon and Sooyoung would come over to give Yoona her dinner.

All her members has been persuading Yoona to come home and rest but Yoona just shook her head and decides to stay beside Yuri until the latter woke up. Her schedule has been cancelled so the other members too.

“Go and change then eat your breakfast.” Sunny said while patted Yoona’s shoulder. Yoona nods and went to the bathroom to wash up. After finish washing up, she came out from the room and see Taeyeon and Sunny are nowhere to be found. She walks to couch she sat earlier and took out her phone. There’s a text from Taeyeon.

 

‘Yoona ah,

We’re going to the café downstairs for a while.

Tell us if you need anything okay?’

 

She put her phone away and stares at Yuri who lifelessly lying on bed. ‘I miss you Yuri.’ Yoona thought while looking at Yuri softly. She sighs heavily and decides to go out from the room to meet Taeyeon and Sunny at the café. Before she walks out from the room, she went closer to Yuri and stares at Yuri’s face up close. She kisses Yuri’s cheek and Yuri’s face softly.  

She sighed and picked up the meal that Taeyeon and Sunny brought for her and walk to the café downstairs. She took a last look at Yuri before closing the door. Right after the door closed, Yuri’s finger starts to move and slowly she clenched her hand.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

Author's Note; Doucle Update for everyone!