Chapter 10

Fragile Line
“Sooyoung, I know it was yours and Hyoyeon plan to made me met with Sica and Tiffany.” 
“Look I know, I’m sorry. But I don’t call you to talk about that.”
“You think I’m going to let you go that easy? What were both of you thinking?! Seriously women! Are you trying to kill me? And who give you the god damn permission to let my daughter involve with your plan?!”

Sooyoung sigh heavily thru the line and bit her lips while listening to Yuri’s rant. “Okay, I’m sorry. I really am. I just wanted to see you happy. I’m sorry that my plan might get you kill by the Americans which I assume won’t kill for real but will let your ears bleed to death.”
“Seriously Choi Sooyoung?” Yuri said unbelievably.
“Okay sorry but there’s something else. It’s about Jessica.”
“Look I don’t want hear Jessica and others. Just let me be! Leave me alone!”
“GODDAMN IT KWON! WOULD YOU PLEASE ME TALK?!” Sooyoung shouts in frustrated which make Yuri froze on the line. “Thank you. Here’s the thing, Jessica passed out after she met you, she’s still unconscious and I thought I should let you know.” After a few moments of silence, Yuri sigh heavily later hung up the call. Sooyoung look at her phone unbelievably later clench her teeth in anger. “You did not just hung up on me Kwon!” She shouts while pressing the dial button but her attempt were stop by Hyoyeon who snatch her phone.
“Are you crazy? Wait. I have a hitch that she will respond back.” Hyoyeon put the phone away while calming her love down.
“Nobody hung up on me! Nobody! I swear to god I’m going to choke her when I meet her!” Sooyoung said while having the choke gesture on the air but later flinch after earn a deadliest glare from her wife. “Sorry.”
“Just wait for her text.”
“What if she don’t text back?”
“Is that a doubt I’m sensing in your tone Choi Sooyoung?” Hyoyeon said softly but in sinister way.
“Nope. You were right. Absolutely right. She will text back.” Sooyoung know if she keep on arguing it will result to a World War between her and Hyoyeon.

Hyoyeon feel a soft vibrate from the back of her pocket which make her smile mischievously. She look at the new text message and open it. “I told you so.” She said mischievously later shows Sooyoung the content of the message. 
From; Yul

Which hospital? I'll be expecting to see you in one hour.

 

__

Hospital

Sooyoung and Hyoyeon hop off from Range Rover Sport while had their eyes on black BMW Z4 park not far from them. Together they walk towards the car and find Yuri who had eyes close while slowly sway her body to the song she’s listening to. Sooyoung knock on the window but no response. She peek thru hoodie’s Yuri wear and sigh heavily. “She had her earphone on.” Sooyoung keep on knocking the window loudly and make Yuri look in confuse later startle and smile sheepishly.

“You were deep in thought.” Hyoyeon said and later flinch after receive a stern glare from Yuri. 

“Don’t think I would let you get away with this Kim Hyoyeon. You should be grateful that Jessica passed out!”

“Okay. Okay. We are sorry. I’m sorry.” Hyoyeon hung her head low and follow Yuri and Sooyoung from behind.

“How is she?” Yuri ask to break the silence.

“Doctor said it’s low blood pressure. You know her, she never a friend to sweet things.” Sooyoung replied and make Yuri stand in silence. “Look Yuri, I’m sorry. I just want to help you and see you happy again.” Sooyoung said sadly which make Yuri look at her in sympathy.

Yuri bit her lips and sigh heavily. She took off her baseball cap and run her fingers thru her hair and look at Sooyoung again. “Look I’m not mad. I know you do good things but I’m just upset. You should’ve told me. At least I could prepare myself. I forgive you alright? Don’t. I mean don’t ever do that again.” Yuri put her baseball cap on and walk out from the lift and let Sooyoung and Hyoyeon lead to Jessica’s room.

“She’s in here.” Sooyoung show the door and see Yuri hesitantly peek from the glass door. “You want me and Hyoyeon to come along?” 

“No. I can handle this. I think. Wish me luck.” Yuri then take a deep breath and walk into Jessica room. As she walk further she could see another figure sitting next to Jessica bed and her eyes move away to Jessica who’s sound asleep on the bed. ‘I worried for nothing.’ She took a step back to walk out from the door deciding not to disturb the ice princess.

“If you think you can get away this time, think again Yul.” Yuri stop her track and see Tiffany standing behind her with unreadable expression. Yuri stood froze later maintain her posture while avoiding Tiffany’s gaze. She walks towards the bed after Tiffany return to her seat. She stand at the end of the bed and once in awhile look at Tiffany who’s hugging her body and seems spacing out. Yuri tried to open  to speak but she couldn’t find the right word to start the conversation. 

“Yuri.” Tiffany call out for her.

“Yes.” Yuri bit her lips after answering her calls.

Tiffany smirk sadly, still fixing her gaze to the window. “Funny isn’t it? It’s funny that I know it was you ever since I saw your first stage few months back. Been wondering when will you going to come to us and tell us everything. I’ve been waiting and waiting but no call from you. Even yesterday, you ran away. Run away like you always did.” Tiffany sigh heavily and with heavy heart she continue. “Tell me Yuri, why did you run away? Why not face me and Jessica and tell us everything you’ve been thru?”

Yuri swallow a huge lump down  and take a deep breath. “I’m afraid.” Yuri said softly and hung her head low while fidgeting her clothes. “You don’t know how much I want to stay and hug you and pretend everything nothing ever happened within us but I know it wasn’t that easy. Pretend like nothing happened? What was I thinking?”

“Why did you come back?”

“Wha--?”

“You heard me. Why did you come back? Why now? Why after all these years, why now?” Yuri looks into Tiffany eyes whose glistening in tears. She tried to push herself explain everything but her brain wouldn’t react to it. “Why Yuri? Why now? Why? Do you know how hurt I was? Do you know what we’ve been thru after you left?” Tiffany said and cry her heart out. “DO YOU KNOW THAT KWON YURI?!” She later shouts and make Yuri flinch. 

Yuri take a deep breath and momentarily trying to find the right words to explain. “I’m sorry. I did--” Yuri words were cut when Sooyoung burst into the room scream in panic.

__


Few minutes before,

 

Yoona look around and all she sees is white blank space. She calls out for everyone names but no one answering instead a loud but harsh whisper around her. “You’re weak. You’re abusive. What makes you think that she will come back to you after you’ve done? You thought your friends will be happy with you around?”

 

Yoona flinch in her sleep.

 

“Do you think you could save her after what you’ve done? Look at her Yoona. Look at her.” Yoona look at her left and see Yuri in unbearable pain in a pool of blood. When Yoona try to run to Yuri, the voice stop her from going. “You thought you could save her now? Do I need to show you what you did?”
Yoona look around finding the voice and scream. “WHO ARE YOU? LEAVE ME ALONE!”
“LOOK AT WHAT YOU DID!” Yoona see herself beating Yuri which make her shaken in fear. The anger she saw makes her fall towards her knees.

 

“Page Doctor Kim immediately. We have Code Blue, 7, 245.”

 

DIE YOU UNGRATEFUL !”
“DON’T YOU SEE THAT I WAS BUSY!!”
“YOU AS MY WIFE YOU SHOULD UNDERSTAND HOW HARD I WORKED!
No.. stop. Don’t.. dont beat her anymore. Please stop it.
Her other self grab a handful of Yuri’s hair and make her scream in pain. “I’M TIRED DON’T YOU UNDERSTAND!” A slap after slap and Yuri were trying so hard to cover herself from the slaps.
I’m sorry. Please stop it Yoona. It hurts. Please stop.” Yuri said in agony asking Yoona to stop. Yoona who’s watching herself begging for the image to stop but it didn’t. She sees herself throwing punch and kicking Yuri who’s lying on the ground helpless asking Yoona to stop. 
Please.. please.. stop it.” Yoona plead to the voice around her. 

 

The doctor and nurses starting to rush to Yoona’s room which catches Sooyoung and Hyoyeon attention who’s standing in front of Jessica’s room. Sooyoung gesture Hyoyeon to stay while she herself walks and stop one of the nurses who’s running towards Yoona’s room. “Excuse me what happened?” 
"She's having cardiac arrest. Please wait out here.”
“WE ARE LOSING HER!” The nurses inside said loudly which make Sooyoung froze at her spot later run to Jessica’s room.


She sees herself keep beating and Yuri’s scream for help makes her heart stop each time. “Please stop it..

Sooyoung barge into Jessica’s room in panic which catch Yuri and Tiffany’s attention. “It’s Yoona. She-- she--”


Stop it. Whoever you are. Stop it. Please.” The image keep on repeat and make her gone crazy.“STOP IT! PLEASE STOP IT! DON’T HURT HER ANYMORE! STOP IT! PLEASE!” Yoona scream and cry herself out. “Please.. stop.. please..” The suddenly gone and the voice starts speaking again.Why do you want it to stop? You love it don’t you? You love hitting her. You love to see her in pain. You love to see the pain she get, her despicable tears, her scream.. Oh Yoona, her scream. I like her scream. It’s.. soothing.”

“No. I’m sorry. I’m sorry. Please stop it.” Yoona close her ears but the voices didn’t stop.Yoona.. Yoona.. Yoona.. Admit that you love to see her in pain. Admit that you love to see her tears. Admit that you love hearing the agony, misery in her quivering voice. Admit that you love it.. oh I know you do you sly fox.

 

Jessica jolt up from her sleep after hearing Sooyoung shouts in panic. Yuri startle when she sees sleeping princess is wide awake but she know she needs to deal with it later. She looks at Tiffany and Jessica who’s already storm out from the room. Yuri walks out from the room slowly and see the four her friend is being push out from getting into Yoona’s room.  She walks towards that room and everything suddenly gone into slow motion when she look into the windows of Yoona’s room. She could see the wires all over Yoona’s body, the oxygen mask on Yoona’s face and the doctor were doing CPR to revive Yoona again.

“Yoona...” Yuri said slowly.

 

Yoona look up after she heard a different yet soothing voice. She walks around later the creepy voice starts to talk again.Not so fast Yoona..”

“Leave me alone! Who are you! What do you want from me!”

“What do I want? I want you to stay. Here with me. Don’t you see Yoona? No one needs you. No one seems to care about you.” The harsh whisper turns into a soft voice. “But me.. I want you to be here.. together forever..”

“Yuri?”

“I’m right here Yoong..” Yoona turn around later stumble to the ground in horror after seeing ‘Yuri’ cover in blood, smiling creepily at her. “I’m here now. We can be together. Forever..”

“No.. no.. You’re not her. Who are you? Leave me alone.. please leave me alone.” Yoona stumble back while looking at the figure right in front of her horridly.

‘Yuri’ laugh creepily as her hand reach for her face and reveal a face of a person Yoona herself fear the most. “I’m you.” She smirk creepily. Yoona stood up with all her strength to run away from herself.

 

“CPR is not working. Bring out the defibrillator!” The doctor commands.

Yuri from the outside of the room were being held by Sooyoung trying to break into the room. No words coming out but the desperation were written on her face as she keep on trying to push Sooyoung away. 

“130. Clear!”

“Clear!” Yoona’s body jump following the shock she receive. The doctor look over his shoulder to check for a heartbeat.


Yoona stunned and feel an immerse pain on her chest. She falls down and clench her chest and look into her other self in pain. “What did you do to me!”

“I didn’t do anything. Nothing happen to me. But you.. You are dying.” Her otherself said while pointing smiling down upon her.No. No. It can’t be! I need to win her back! I need to make things right!”

“Tell me Yoona. How in the world you can make things right again? Should I show you what happen after she left? Should I? You bet right I should.An image of Yuri running in rain with blood trickling down her face. Yoona remember that day. It was the day when Yuri caught her with Seunggi.  


“150. Clear!”

“Clear!” 

Yuri starting to scream out for Yoona after Yoona didn’t react to the second shock. “No. No. Yoona.” Yuri shook her head and try her hardest to push Sooyoung away. “Yoona. Wake up! Wake up! Please!”


Yoona look around finding the voice then she saw a light. She try her hardest to crawl to the light while the other her walk slowly behind her. “Yoona. Yoona. What makes you think that you could go back and make things right? You promise her dozen of time but still you never change. Well we never change.Another image come up in front of her, Yuri sat on the bed later gone thru the album she made for Yoona later went to the last page and pull out the picture from the missing page she saw before. With the picture in her hand, Yuri walked out from the apartment.

Yoona look at sad image that now slowly fading away. “No. No. Baby. No. Baby don't go.” Yoona look into her otherself and begin to beg. "Please let me go back. Please. She's all I had. I promised her. Please." But her otherself look at her in disbelief. She continue to crawl and crawl but the light is getting smaller and it’s getting out of her reach.And then what? There’s no use. You are going to break it all over again.” 

With the last strength she had, Yoona stood up and walk slowly towards the light.

 

“180. Clear!”
“Clear!” 

The doctor put the defibrillator on Yoona’s chest for the third and last time. Yuri looks at Yoona’s lifeless body with hope that the last shock will bring Yoona alive.

 

As she almost reach the light, the last shock she receive made her stumble to ground again and scream in immerse pain. She look at the light which starting to fade away. “No.. no.. please..” Yoona said miserably with tears fill her doe eyes. “Please. I need to make things right.
And the last image popped up and Yoona sees Yuri was hugging a little girl with a beautiful smile drawn on her face and it makes Yoona smile in pain. ‘She’s happy.. Maybe I should let go.. Maybe she’ll be happy.’ But that happiness she felt only stay for awhile after she sees the little girl turn around, a dark figure is chasing Yuri and the little girl. 
No! No!” Yoona screams out loud.
There’s no way you could save her Yoona. Remember you caused this. And what you see just now is a glimpse from the future. Oh Yoona. Poor Yuri and poor little girl.
"No! I will not let you win. Not this time!” Yoona shouts and crawl to now fading light. 

 

Everything seems to go into slow motion as Yuri sees Yoona’s body jump up from the shock but nothing change. There’s Yoona the one she love, on her deathbed. The doctors and nurses around Yoona starting to shook their head and looks at each other. One of them starting to look at their watch and their lips move and mutter. “Time of death 1855hrs.” 
“No.. No..” Yuri shook her head and try to break thru the nurses and Sooyoung’s hug. “Let me go! Yoona! Yoona!” Yuri pushes the nurses in front of her and the doors of Yoona’s rooms slightly open and she shouts miserably. “Don’t leave me! Don’t leave me! I love you.. Please Yoona.. please..” Yuri voice slowly become slower as she realize Yoona’s not moving at all. 


“I love you...


The light that before fade now become bright and it is brighter than before it blind Yoona’s eyes but Yoona didn’t have the strength to crawl further to the bright light later cry miserably trying push herself to crawl to light.
See Yoona. You’re weak.
I’m not weak." Yoona groggily stood up and walk towards the bright light.
You’re weak.
I’m not weak." Yoona said and wipe her tears away. "You are not going to stop me. Not now. Not in forever.
Yoona.. Yoona.. are you going to leave me here? You and I are going to be together forever. Just the way you want to it to be.
Yoona ignore the voice tailing from behind her as she force herself to reach out for the light. “I will save her. I’m going to fight for her even it takes me a thousand years. I will.” Yoona said softly and walk into the light with her eyes closed.

 

Sooyoung pull Yuri back in to her arms and hug Yuri tightly and drag Yuri away from the room. “Yuri.. Yuri.. look at me. Look at me. She’s gone. She’s gone.” Sooyoung said while cupped Yuri face. “She’s gone..”  Sooyoung then hug Yuri who’s crying her heart out. “I’m going to bring her somewhere else.” Sooyoung said to Hyoyeon later walk away from the scene with Yuri crying in her arms. 

A few moments later, as the nurses took off wires on Yoona’s body, Yoona open her eyes and violently gasp for air which make the nurses around her startle and rush out from the rooms calling out for the doctors. The doctors runs back towards the room which gather the girls attention. They could see Yoona is struggling to get off the bed.

“Let me go. Let me go. I need to see her. Let me go.” Yoona said in hoarse voice while use the last strength to push the doctors and nurses away. After managing to push people around her away, with adrenaline rushing in her, Yoona groggily walk out from the room, look to left and right finding an exit. She choose the right side, ignoring Jessica, Tiffany and Hyoyeon calling out and chasing her from behind. 

“I need to find her.. its now or never.” Yoona whisper slowly while clench her chest which in immerse pain. Yoona walks slowly with her hands trailing the walls, her dead eyes looking around for an exit, she gather everyone attention including two pairs of familiar eyes watching her in shock. Yoona walks stop abruptly after her vision starts to take over her and she falls down onto her knees and she remember the last thing she heard is a familiar voice calling her name. A familiar voice that she want to meet and hear every single day. A voice that she’s been longing to hear. “Yuri..” Yoona whispers as she slowly falls into the deep darkness.

“Yoona! Yoona!” Yuri scream as she catch Yoona who’s falling to ground and hold her tightly. “Baby. Baby. It's me. Please wake up. Wake up.” Yuri plead while softly  Yoona’s cheek.

__

 

Few hours later,

 

The hallway is eerily quiet as everyone anxiously wait for the doctor to come out from Yoona’s room. As for Yuri, she feel the uneasiness ever since she step her foot inside Jessica’s room and now that Yoona is unstable makes her restless even more. Her eyes never left the room and it’s been about two and half hours since the doctors went in.
“She’s going to be okay.” Sooyoung whispers and reassure Yuri while caresses Yuri in her hug and Yuri nod hesitantly then look towards the door after she heard a click coming from Yoona’s room. 
The doctor walk out later smile at the girls and nod. “She’s awake. You can see her now.” As the doctor want walk away, Yuri tap his shoulder politely and bow.
“Doctor. Is she going to be okay?”
The doctor hesitate to tell her at first but later nod with warm smile on his face. “She’s going to be okay. It's impossible for a doctor to revive whose suffered cardiac arrest but she died for 5 minutes and now she's alive and well. I can't explain what happen to her but I can tell you that she's a fighter. She fought herself out from it. She's a miracle.”

 

__

 

Inside Yoona’s room,

 

Jessica walks into the room and the others follow suit from behind. She stares at Yoona who’s wide awake and looking pale but a bit brighter. “Hey baby.” Jessica whispers softly which later Yoona responds with a small smile and trying to get up from the bed but stops by others instantly.
“You should give yourself a rest.” Tiffany reassures softly.

“You gave us a good scared just now. When I mean good, I mean it. Don’t do that anymore.” Hyoyeon said playfully to enlighten the room and make Yoona giggle slowly.
Yoona look around the room and find the person she wanted to see the most wasn’t there. took off her ventilator mask and with her hoarse voive she speak softly. “Where’s Yuri?” Her question make everyone look at each other later Sooyoung move next to Yoona and hold her hand.
She took a deep breath and bit her lips anxiously then she saw Yoona’s door room was slightly open and she sees Yuri standing there and shake her head slowly. She look back at Yoona with sad eyes. “She’s not here Yoona ah.” 
Yoona nod slowly later put her mask back and gesture Sooyoung to come closer. “I dreamed Yuri was here. She hugged me. It felt so real Sooyoung ah. I must be dreaming aren’t I?” Yoona whispers softly and look at Sooyoung with a hope that her dream was real. “Sooyoung I could feel her touch. It felt so real. So real.”
Sooyoung look into Yoona empty eyes but fill with hope. A hope that even Sooyoung herself have a huge doubt toward it. “Yoona ah, she’s not here. If it’s a dream then it’s the sweetest dream Yoona ah. If she was here, you wont be seeing me in here.” Sooyoung chuckle sadly while  Yoona’s hair. “Yoona ah, don’t do that anymore. Don’t leave me because if you do, I might regret everything. Please don’t ever lose hope just yet. We know you can recover well. We believe in you. We always will.”

Yoona nods her head slowly and whispers ‘Thank you’ to Sooyoung later close her eyes for a quick nap. The door that before slightly open now slowly close and make everyone turn their head towards it. Sooyoung walks towards door and got stop by Jessica. “Let me talk to her.” 
Jessica then rush out from Yoona’s room and catch a glimpse of Yuri entering the lift and Jessica instantly chose to walk down to the basement, hoping she could catch up. She walks down as fast as she could and as soon as she exit, she saw the lift Yuri were in almost arrive. Jessica lean towards the wall to catch her breath and the door lift open and she sees Yuri who’s staring at her shockingly which make her smile sheepishly. “You thought I couldn’t catch up didn’t you?” Yuri smile sadly and walk pass by Jessica. “Hey wait up!” Jessica follow suit from behind. She grasp Yuri’s hand tightly, stopping Yuri. “Are you going to run again?” Yuri froze at her spot but didn’t look back. “Tell me Yuri, are you going to run again? Because if you do, tell me one thing, why did you come back? After all these years, why come back now?”  
“Because the love of my life asks me to.” Yuri said sadly and turns to Jessica. Slowly Jessica loosen up her tight grip. “It’s not Yoona. But Yoonhee. You met her before. That little angel asks me to bring her here. As a mom, I didn’t want to let my child down. I brought her here where I always belong. But things didn’t go the way I thought it would.” Yuri took a deep breath and continue. “I came back here with one purpose to make my child happy and of course I missed being around all of you but I guess it’s too early. It just too early to come back.”
“It was never too early Yuri.” Jessica looks at Yuri sadly. “Yuri, as your long time friend I wont stop you. If you feel like staying away from us would make you happy then do it. I’ll wait for you. We will wait for you. Take your time. If it’s takes you another few years, then do it. But Yul please remember that we will always be the home that you can come home to. The door will always open for you.”
“I’m sorry Sica ah. It’s just me. Yoona is hurt because of me. Maybe I am useless like she said. I hurt everyone around me. What am I thinking? I forgot there is no home for me to come home to. I’m sorry. Please tell them I’m sorry.” 
As Yuri tried to run, Jessica holds Yuri’s wrist and in irritate and calm tone she said. “You know Yoona is not going to stop right?”
Without answering Yuri shove Jessica hand away and leave the dumbfounded brunette behind. She run towards her car and exit the hospital. As she drive away, Jessica still stand where she left her and softly whispers. “I’m sorry.. it’s just me.”

 

__

 

Somewhere around Seoul,

A tall figure enters his apartment charismatically and as he walks in he remove his coat and lay it down tidily on the couch. His watch is next, he open his watch slide into his pocket as he walks straight to the end of the hallways entering the lock room and sit down at the centre of the room and creepily he smile as he looks at the bunch of photos that he personally took and magazine cuts plastered on the wall. 
“When will I see you again..” He whisper harshly as his hands slowly reach for one of photo at the wall. “Wait for me my love. I’ll come for you.. and when I do, oh the things I’ll do to you.” He whispers harshly and smile creepily while trace his finger at the photo later crumple it in anger.

 

___________

 

                              -TBC

 

Author Note; Hello everyone! AND THAT ISSA LOOOOOOOONG ASSS CHAPTER! Hope ya'll enjoy it. Thank you for reading! Stay tune for more update! Peaceout! XD