Chapter 8.1

Fragile Line

Flashback

“Congratulations Mrs Kwon, I guess the procedure work after all.” I smile widely at the doctor statements when he did ultrasound scan to me. “It’s already three weeks. Look here.” He turned the monitor to me. I cupped my mouth and held in my tears when I see the little embryo moving in me.

“Thank you so much doctor. Thank you so much. My wife would be so happy when she heard about this.” I said softly to the doctor. I can’t wait to tell Yoona about this happy news. Yoona didn’t know about me taking the insemination procedure since she’s travelling outside of the country for the past few weeks.

“Doctor, can you print out a picture of this little one for me?” I said while tap at the screen monitor.

The doctor chuckled at my action. “Sure Mrs Kwon. It’s a surprise for your wife I assume?” I nod while smiling widely at him.

While waiting for the pictures to be done, I look at my phone and saw the clock. I gasped hard when I realise I didn’t have much time to prepare. Yoona is coming back from travelling today and this is my gift to her for our fourth anniversary. I rubbed my small bump and smile widely.

“Here you go Mrs Kwon.” The doctor passed me an envelope. I took out the pictures of it and stared at it while smiling.

“Thank you so much doctor.” I said then bowed to him.

“You’re welcome Mrs Kwon. Don’t forget to come here for your monthly check-up.” I nod at him vigorously. I walked out from the hospital and went back home to cook dinner for us.

I arrived home and quickly rush to my room to change to my comfortable clothes. I went to the kitchen and took out ingredient that I need for cook the dinner. I will make Yoona’s favourite dishes and I believe she’s going to love it.

 

After 4 hours

 

I wipe my sweats and sighed in satisfaction at the dishes I cook. I served it on the table and smile widely. “Good job Yuri.” I said to myself proudly. I look at the clock hanging on the wall and its shows 6.30 p.m. Yoona has already arrived and on her way home by now. I rush to our room to get ready.

After done taking a bath for half an hour and get ready in casual wear that suits for the dinner, I took out an album that I made for her. It has YY words engraved at the front cover. I traced it and take a look at the content of the album. I chuckled when I saw most of our dorky and lovely photos in it. I turned to the last pictures that had question mark under our photo. I took out the baby photo and put it at the next page. I put back the album inside its cover and hide it inside our closet. I went to kitchen and sat on the dining table chair and waits for her to come home.

 

After 2 hours

 

I look at the watch and it’s already 9.00 p.m. I sighed heavily. She supposed to be home by now but there’s no sign of her yet. The food is getting cold and she still not here. “Where is she?” I mumbled to myself. I went to the living room and peek through the window. I pouted when there no sign of cars coming here.

I slumped myself down to the couch and the television. I watched the news and my eyes are getting heavier due to boredom I feel. I close my eyes to let it rest for a while.

 

After 3 hours

 

I slowly opened my eyes and looks at the clock. It’s already 12 a.m. still she’s not here. I sighed heavily and walked back to the dining table. I took all the dishes and keep it inside the refrigerator. I washed all the plates and I heard a sound of key ruffled at the door. I took out my gloves and run to the door. I opened the door and saw she’s looking at me with expressionless face. “Yoona ah, where have you been?” I asked her softly.

She glared at me like she’s throwing daggers at me. I flinched and hung my head low. She walk pass me and give her back on me. “Yoona ah..” I called her softly.

I can hear she sighed in annoyed tone. “What do you want?” She asks while facing me.

I hung my head low again and ask her. “Have you eaten? If you didn’t, I’m going to reheat some food I cook for us.”

“I’m not hungry.” She said and walked toward to the living room. I followed her from behind and sit at the couch next to her. She the television and ignored my presence next to her. ‘Did she forget what date is today?’ I thought sadly.

“Yoona ah, do you need anything?” I asked her.

“Can you shut up for a while? Stop annoyed me. Please.” She said in harsh tone.

I started to feel offended with her words. “I asked you nicely Yoong. Why can’t you answer me back the way I am?”

“Stop this. I’m not in mood to fight.”

“You came back home late! You expect to shut my mouth up? What’s your problem? Seriously what’s wrong with you lately? What happen to you? Did I do something wrong?”

“Shut up Yuri. I beg you shut up.” She ruffled her hair and grunted in frustration.

“What do you want actually Yoona? What is wrong with you? What happen to you? What happen to us? Tell me if I did something wrong to you. Don’t shut me off from your life.” I replied back to her. I saw her standing up and had this irritate face that’s going to blow any minute from now.

“What did I just said?” She said in slow and irritated tone. “I SAID SHUT THE F*** UP!” She slaps me in the face and made me fall down from the couch. I can feel a hot liquid starting to form at the tip of my lips.

She grabbed a fist of my hair and made me shouts in pain. “Yoona! Stop please! I’m sorry.. Please ..”

“You want to know what my problems are. YOU! YOU YURI! YOU ARE MY PROBLEM!” She shouts and slapped me in the face again. She pulled me up to my standing position and tried to punch my stomach. My hands reflect as her fist almost reaches my stomach. I twist her fist and push her away from me.

I tried to run away from her but she grabbed my wrists hard until it leaves marks. “Let me go! Let me go!” I shouted at her.

“COME HERE! I DIDN’T FINISH WITH YOU YET!” She shouted at me. She tried to pull me closer to her. I shoved her hand and push her until her slumped down on the floor. She stood up and tried to reach for my hand.

“STAY AWAY FROM ME! GO AWAY! DON’T YOU DARE TO COME CLOSER!” I shouted at her while letting my tears run down on my face. She rushed to me and slapped my face again. She pushed me until I slumped down on the couch. She hit my body with her bare hands and made me cover my small bump. I believe all my body will have bruises all over after I take this hit. I keep on screaming for her to stop but she ignored it. After a while, I feel the hit has stop and I can feel she has walked away from me.

I heard the door shut loudly. I opened my eyes and started to cried even harder than before. I thoughts this pain had stop but why did it comes again. I hug my knees and tremble in fear. I reached out for my phone and called someone for help.

 

Tutt.. Tutt.. Tutt..

 

“Yobeoseyo?”

“Soo--Sooyoung ah..”

“Yah, Yuri ah, you okay what happen?” She asks me and I can feel a hint of worried in her tone.

“Yoo--Yoona, she hu--hurt me..”

“Wait there. I’ll come over now.” Sooyoung hung up the call. I lie down on the floor and curl myself up. I keep on crying and keep on wonder what or where did I do wrong to Yoona until she acts this way to me.

I cried until there no tears forms at my eyes. I’m tired. My body are started to drain its energy. I heard the door open slowly and someone is calling out for me. “Yuri ah..” Sooyoung called out for me.

I was too tired to call her. I can feel her footsteps nearing me and she’s starts to scream when she sees my current state. “Yuri ah!” Sooyoung went to me and held me in her arms. I cried again in her hugs.

“Sooyoung, it hurts.” I plead at her.

“Shh.. Shh.. I’m here..” She rubs my back to calm me. “Hyoyeon ah, go and pack all her stuff. She’s coming with us. Pack everything. I mean everything.” Sooyoung said sternly to Hyoyeon. After a few minutes, Sooyoung brought me to her car and let me settling in her car back seat. She never let go of me and hugs me tightly.

“I got all her stuff.” Hyoyeon said and drive us away from there.

 

---------------------------------------------------

Presents

 

“Omma..” I shook my head at the painful memories and look my little angel who poking my cheek. I smile sweetly when I see her worried face. “Omma, is Omma sad again?” She said while furrowed her eyebrows cutely.

“Aniyo. Omma okay. See Omma is not sad?” I showed her silliest face and made her laugh. I laugh along with her and I feel happy when I see her laugh. That smile and laugh cures me every time I’m in pain. I look at my watch and it’s already past Yoonhee bedtime. I stare at her who busy drawing. I kneel next to her and look at her drawing.

“Look Omma, I draw you, me and appa.” Yoonhee points at her drawing. I smile sadly when Yoonhee shows me her drawing. I her hair softly and kiss the crown of her head.

“Yoonhee. Come, let’s go to bed. It’s past your bed time.” I stand up and hold her in my arms. We walk to her room and I settle her in bed.

“Can Yoonhee sleep with Omma tonight?”

“Why? Are you scared?” I asked her softly.

“Aniyo. Yoonhee don’t want Omma to sleep alone. Omma is sad and Yoonhee want to accompany Omma.” She said cutely to me. I nod and pick her up again. We walk to my room and I settle her in my bed. I let her play with my phone while I go for a wash. When I come back, I see she’s staring at my phone. I lie down next to her and see what she’s staring at. It’s Yoona’s picture. “Omma, who is this ajumma?” She tapped my phone screen.

I smile sadly at her question. I can’t tell her who Yoona is to her. Maybe one fine day when I’m ready, I will tell her. I kiss her forehead and her hair softly. “Omma will tell you tomorrow okay?”

“Promise?” Yoonhee showed me her pinkie finger.

I intertwine my pinkie finger with hers and chuckle. “Arasso. Omma promise will tell you tomorrow. Now come here.” I ask her to come closer to me and sleep in my arms.

After settling in my arms, she stares at me with innocent eyes. She pokes my cheek and starts to speak. “Omma, don’t be sad anymore. Yoonhee is here. Yoonhee promise Omma, Yoonhee won’t leave Omma alone.”

I close my eyes and nod slowly at her words. “Thank you Yoonhee ah.”

“Now Omma go to sleep, Yoonhee want to see Omma sleep.” She said while furrowed her eyes cutely. I chuckled at her cuteness.

“Arasso. Let’s sleep together. Let’s close our eyes together. One.. Two.. Three..” I quickly close my eyes and open my right eye to peek her. She’s doing the same I did. She peek me and we laugh at each other silliness. I hug her tightly and I feel she snuggle closer to me.

“Omma, when can Yoonhee meet Omma friend? Omma said Omma friend is beautiful and Yoonhee want to meet them.” She mumbles at me.

I kiss the crown of her head and I lay my head on top of hers. “One day, we will meet them.”

Yoonhee knows about my members since we were back in Australia. I had a portrait of 9 of us hanging at the wall and every time she looks at it, she will asks me who are they and once in a while I will tell her story about me and my members. How we joke around. How we help each other. She will always laugh whenever I tell her story about Sooyoung, Hyoyeon and me inside one dorm on how we tease the JeTi’s couple and DanDyu’s couple. She will always say she wanted to meet Sooyoung and Hyoyeon.

But I never forget to tell her about this one person who had my heart until now. Im Yoona. I chuckled whenever that name crossed my mind. I tell her about how me and Yoona being the pranksters and twins of the group but I didn’t tell Yoonhee about my love story with Yoona. It’s too painful for me to remember the sweet memories between me and Yoona. Those sweet memories I feel are slowly fleeting away and it replaced with bad and worst nightmare.

I snapped myself out when I heard Yoonhee starts yawn and snuggle closer to me. “Good night Omma, saranghae.”

“Saranghae Yoonhee ah.” I said softly to her.

I stare at the blank space in front of me and sigh heavily. Silence slowly engulfs the room and the sound of rain dropping outside accompanies me. It’s cold. Too cold and empty, I hate emptiness. It’s torturing me. That feeling of someone is watching me just never left me. I can feel him everywhere inside this room. I can feel he’s closer to me. I shook my head and close my eyes to ease the feels away. I have to stay strong for Yoonhee. ‘This nightmare will go away. Hang in there Yul.’ I nod to my words and slowly let myself cross to dreamland.

 

----------------------------------------------------

 

Author’s POV

 

Next Day

 

“Okay. That’s a wrap! Thank you Anna ssi, Hyoyeon ssi.” The photographer said while shaking Yuri and Hyoyeon hand. Today Hyoyeon and Yuri had unexpected photo shoot together. Song Ji Hyo who is also Yuri’s manager had set up this photo shoot between Yuri and Hyoyeon without Yuri knowing it.

Yuri walks to her make-up room and slump herself down to the couch. She closes her eyes and sighed heavily. She’s having a hard time every time Hyoyeon mistaken her as Yuri. Hyoyeon often called Yuri’s by her real name instead of Anna. Knowing Hyoyeon who usually mistaken people’s name, Yuri can’t even blame her. Yuri heard her door room is making creaking sound like someone is lurking at her. She abruptly opens her eyes and look at the door.

 “Hyoyeon ssi.” Yuri said when she sees Hyoyeon is lurking at her. Yuri stands up from the couch and opens the door wider. “Is something wrong?” Yuri asks softly.

“Aniyo. I just wondered if you have any other schedule after this.”

“I don’t think so, I’m free after this. Why Hyoyeon ssi?”

“Would you mind accompany me for lunch? My.. My boyfriend couldn’t make it.” Hyoyeon said while rub the back of her neck.

Yuri chuckled softly at Hyoyeon’s word. “Sure. Let me change for a while.”

Yuri sees Hyoyeon eyes become brighter than before. “Great! I’ll see you later.” Hyoyeon bows at Yuri and walk away.

Yuri closes the door and changes her clothes to the casual ones. She walks to the make-up table and begins to remove her make-up. After a while, she looks at mirror and stares at her bare face. Yuri sighed heavily when she sees a soulless woman inside the mirror. She had this feeling to be happy again but a part of her refuse to. She decides to let her thoughts go away and look away from the mirror.

She looks at her bag and look at her watch. She reach for her bag and takes out a bottle of propranolol pills. She stares at the bottle and feels sick looking at it. She’s sick of the trauma she’s been having for the past years. She’s sick of the loneliness she felt every night. She’s sick of the feeling someone is watching her and every time that feeling come and haunt her she will keep on calling out for Yoona’s name because part of her keep on believing Yoona’s words before and all Yoona’s promises are still linger in that part of her.

She opens the cap of the bottle and takes two pills out from it. She swallows the pills with a sip of water from her water bottle. She closes her eyes and let the pills effect flows in her.

“ANNA YAH!” Ji Hyo shouts when she enters the room without knock. Yuri opens her eyes abruptly and looks at Ji Hyo with her eyes wide open.

“Unnie, there’s a thing call KNOCK!” Yuri shouts at Ji Hyo while rubs her chest to ease the pain she had.

“Mianhae. I’m too happy when I see you talking with Hyoyeon. How was it?”

Yuri smile when she sees this side of Ji Hyo. “It’s okay but don’t think that I’ll forgive you for not telling me about this photo shoot Unnie.” Yuri starts to sulk and look away from Ji Hyo.

“Yuri ah, I did this for you. For you ow--”

“Anna ssi..” Someone called Yuri and knock the door and made Ji Hyo startled a bit.

Ji Hyo looks behind her and bows. “Annyeonghaseyo Hyoyeon ssi.”

“Annyeonghaseyo.” Hyoyeon bows back at Ji Hyo and change her gaze to Yuri. “Anna ssi, are you ready?” Yuri nods at Hyoyeon question and stand up from the couch to grab her coat.

“Where are you going?” Ji Hyo asks Yuri.

“I invite her for lunch Ji Hyo ssi. You don’t mind right?” Hyoyeon said softly.

Ji Hyo looks at Yuri who is busy grabbing some stuff to bring along with her. Ji Hyo furrows her eyebrows when she sees Yuri seems so anxious though Yuri did a good job hiding it. “Hyoyeon ssi, would you mind let me talk to Anna in private for a while?” Ji Hyo asks politely. Hyoyeon nod at her question and close the door.

Ji Hyo walks closer to Yuri and she sees Yuri’s hand is shaking badly. She holds Yuri hand and rubs it gently. “Yuri ah, you’re going to be fine.” Yuri looks at Ji Hyo and smile bitterly. “Yuri ah, don’t you think it’s time to tell her?”

“I don’t know Unnie.” Yuri said and hung her head low.

Ji Hyo nod and rub Yuri’s back softly. “Call me if you need anything okay? Now go and have fun.”

Yuri smile at Ji Hyo’s word. She feels comfortable talking to Ji Hyo and she knows Ji Hyo understand how she’s feeling right now. “Gomawo Unnie. Oh Unnie, can you please fetch Yoonhee for me and look after her for a while?”

“Arasso. Now go!” Ji Hyo chased Yuri out from the room.

 

------------------------------------------------------------------

 

“Anna ssi.”

“Drop the formalities Hyoyeon ssi. Please call me Anna.”

“Anna, you should call me Hyoyeon too.”

“Okay Hyoyeon. Where are we going now?”

“Let’s have lunch at café near here. I heard they had the best coffee in town.” Hyoyeon said while lead their way to the café.

After they arrived at the café, Hyoyeon ask Yuri to find them a seat near the window. Yuri choose a seat at the end of the café which had less people since Hyoyeon still wearing her make-up and people might recognize them.

While waiting Yuri played with her hands, she can’t hide herself from being so nervous after four years she finally could spend times with one of her member. Though she had different names she carried with her but the comfort she feel when Hyoyeon around her is just the same. The warm smile that Hyoyeon give to Yuri made she feels like she’s home. She always knows that Hyoyeon care with people around her even though it’s Hyoyeon first time meeting them.

“Anna. Here’s your coffee.” Hyoyeon said while putting down the cup in front of her.

“Thank you.” Yuri said softly and her eyes follow everything Hyoyeon did.

Hyoyoen settle down at the chair in front of Yuri and sigh heavily. Hyoyeon looks at Yuri who busy sipping her drinks. Hyoyeon stares at Yuri until their eyes meet. “Is there something wrong Hyoyeon?” Yuri asks and put down her cup.

Hyoyeon smile sadly at Yuri’s question. “Nothing, something just crossed my mind.” Hyoyeon chuckled slowly. Hyoyeon pick up her cup and sip her drinks.

Yuri nod slowly at Hyoyeon answer. Suddenly she feels sad and wanted to tell Hyoyeon the whole truth. She doesn’t like to see Hyoyeon sad and that chuckle Hyoyeon give to her just now showed that Hyoyeon are sad. Yuri takes a deep breath and shook her head slowly. ‘It’s not the right time.’

“Anna ssi, tell me about yourself.” Hyoyeon said cheerfully when she feels her surroundings are getting gloomier.

Yuri chuckled softly at Hyoyeon bluntness. “What you want to know about me?”

“Anything, enlighten me.” Hyoyeon said. Yuri starts to say things about herself which she slightly changes a bit here and there about her true self. Most of Yuri talks full with lies and she’s really conscious in every word she said to Hyoyeon.

They laugh over silly jokes that Hyoyeon made and Yuri feel like she’s not Anna but Kwon Yuri. After a while, Yuri starts to sense Hyoyeon starts to slow down and stare at her intensely. “Hyoyeon are you okay?” Yuri asks her.

“I’m fine. It just that you remind me to my long lost member, you exactly had the exact feature just like her. Everything about you and her is just the same. Just that you’re skinnier and she’s not.” Hyoyeon laugh at her words. Yuri tried staying calm at Hyoyeon words and smiled nervously. She decided to carry on the talk with Hyoyeon.

“Is that a bad thing?”

“No. It’s a good thing actually. You want to see her?” Yuri nods and Hyoyeon takes out her smartphones and ask Yuri to sit next to her. Hyoyeon shows Yuri her picture with Yuri. Yuri smiled when she sees the picture where she and Hyoyeon were hugging each other and Yuri were doing I-want-to-kiss-you face to Hyoyeon while Hyoyeon made her derp face at Yuri’s action. “You look exactly like her.” Hyoyeon said sadly to Yuri.

They were so happy back then and now look at them. Yuri changes her gaze at Hyoyeon who holding in her tears and smiles sadly at the picture. Yuri feels at fault for leaving her members longing for her presence. As Yuri staring at the photo, a phone call just pop up at the screen.

 

‘Love S;’

 

Yuri smile when she sees the caller name. Of course she knows who the caller is. Yuri passes the phone back to Hyoyeon and return back to her sit. She stares at Hyoyeon warmly and chuckled softly when Hyoyeon keep on nagging at Sooyoung about food. Hyoyeon smiled when she heard Sooyoung is waiting outside of the café. Hyoyeon put away her phone and shook her head slowly. “Stupid Choi” Hyoyeon muttered while pack up her stuff.

“You’re going already?” Yuri asks while sip a drink from her cup.

“Apparently yes, my boyfriend is here already.”

Yuri nod and change her gaze to the outside of the café. She sees a tall person in perfect disguise like a boy and Yuri barely recognize that person. Yuri smile when she sees that tall person bare face and the hoodie that person is wearing. ‘She still had it.’ Yuri thought. She thought Sooyoung wouldn’t wear that hoodie after she went away.

Yuri decides to tease Hyoyeon a bit. “Your boyfriend is a girl Hyoyeon ssi?” Hyoyeon widen her eyes at Yuri’s statement. She looks flustered and begins to rubs her neck softly. “Hey chill. I’m fine with same relationship. Don’t worry your secret is safe with me. Now go, she’s waiting for you.” Yuri points at the outside of the window where Sooyoung is standing.

Hyoyeon smiles at Yuri’s kindness and stand up. “Thank you Anna. I would love to meet you again. Let’s stay in touch okay?” Hyoyeon bows and walks away from Yuri. Yuri looks at the outside of the café to see the two couple meet. She smile widely when Hyoyeon jumps on Sooyoung back and made Sooyoung startled.

Yuri’s happy smile slowly turns to sad smile. Seeing Hyoyeon and Sooyoung being clingy to each other made her remember her memories with Yoona. If she could choose where the time she wanted to be in the most, she would choose the first two years of their marriage where no one was in their way and she would repeat the same two years all over again. Just those two years would be enough for her.

Yuri shook her head slowly and sighed heavily. She hung her head low and stand up from the couch. As she took a step forward, she feels that she’s stepping on something. She took a step back and sees there’s a leather card holder on the floor. She picked up the card holder and look through it. She takes the person identification card and she shook her head and smile sheepishly at the person careless mistake.

 

Kim Hyoyeon

 

Yuri bit her lips when she realise she didn’t have Hyoyeon phone number. She takes out her phone and called someone. “Unnie, can you get SNSD Hyoyeon phone number? Okay thank you.” Yuri put her phone and the card holder into her bags and walks out from the café.

 

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

That Night

 

“Hello?”

‘Hello. Can I speak to Hyoyeon?’

“Hyoyeon speaking. Who is this?”

‘It’s me, Anna.’

“Oh Anna ssi? Why are you calling me this late?”

‘Just now you drop your card holder at the café and I wanted to give it back to you. Sorry I had to look through your card holder.’

“Omo! Thank god you found it! I’ve been searching for it just now! Thank you so much Anna ssi. Let me come over to your house. I’ll come over to your house now if you don’t mind.”

'Sure. I’ll text you my address then?’

“Ne. Thank you so much Anna ssi.”

Hyoyeon wake up from her bed slowly and get ready to meet Yuri but without Hyoyeon knowing, Sooyoung heard their conversation and she decided to follow Hyoyeon to Yuri’s house.

Hyoyeon went into her car and drive away from their dorm and Sooyoung following her not far from behind. Hyoyeon starts to looks at the address that Anna gave to her. While driving she starts to furrow her eyebrows at the road she’s taking. ‘Isn’t this the road to Yuri’s house?’ Hyoyeon thought. She decides to shrug it off until she stops in front of a mansion which this mansion is really familiar to her. She went inside the house and knocks the door.

 

KNOCK KNOCK

 

Yuri opened the door and greets Hyoyeon. She invited Hyoyeon into her house and closes the door. Sooyoung who stops a few meters from the mansion widen her eyes. ‘This.. This is Yuri’s house. What is Hyoyeon doing here?’ After she sees Yuri closes the door, she went out from her car and went inside the mansion and hide below the window from the living room.

Hyoyeon widen her eyes at the pictures inside the house. It has all her member picture with Yuri. There’s a portrait of 9 them in the living room. She tried to utter a word but nothing comes out. “Have a sit. I’ll make us some coffee.” Anna said while giving her a warm smile.

Hyoyeon take a sit at the couch and a frame on the table next to her caught her eyes. She takes the frame and there’s a picture of Yuri kissing a little girl cheek. She looks at the little girl and it’s has a same smile with Yuri.

“Beautiful isn’t it?” Yuri said while putting the cup down on the coffee table.

Hyoyeon looks up and smile softly at Anna. “She’s indeed beautiful.” Hyoyeon said while putting the frame away.

“Here’s your card holder.”

“Thank you so much. I thought I lost it!” Hyoyeon takes her card holder and put it on the coffee table. She takes a sip from her cup and looks around the living room. “Anna ssi, sorry if I ask this, why did you have our portraits hanging on your wall?”

Yuri takes a deep breath and smile sadly. After seeing Hyoyeon at the café, Yuri has made up her mind to tell Hyoyeon the truth. She knows she can trust Hyoyeon on this matter. Before Hyoyeon arrives, she’s been battling with her mind to tell or not to tell Hyoyeon but after deeply thinks about it Yuri has made up her mind. ‘This is it Yul. This is the time.’ Yuri thought.“It’s.. it’s my old memories.” Yuri said softly.

Hyoyeon furrows her eyebrows at Yuri’s word.  “Yo--Your memories?” Hyoyeon stutter.

Yuri nods at Hyoyeon’s word. “I used to say to them, I live when the eight of them are around me. I made a mistake leaving them. I don’t know what I should to say to them now that I’m back. I wish to turn back times to the day I left them and I would explain to them everything the need to know.” Yuri said softly and her eyes never left Hyoyeon face. “Hyoyeon ah, do you think they will forgive me after I left them without any words?”

Hyoyeon widen her eyes and let hung low. She doesn’t know what to say. She went speechless when Yuri said that. Slowly everything has come to conclusion, Hyoyeon eyes starts to b with tears and she tried to utter that one name. “Yu--Yuri?”

Yuri nod slowly and smile at Hyoyeon words. Both of them stands up and Yuri notice Hyoyeon were shaking.  Yuri reaches out for Hyoyeon hand and held it softly. “Hyoyeon ah, it’s me. Yuri. Your long lost member.” Yuri said while chuckles sadly.

Hyoyeon shook her head and pull Yuri into her embrace. Hyoyeon hugs Yuri tightly and cry in Yuri’s embrace. “Yuri ah, you’re here.” Hyoyeon said while cup Yuri’s face “Where were you? Why are so skinny? Where have you been?” Hyoyeon said while looks at Yuri’s body.

“Does it matter now that I’m here?” Yuri said while trying to hold in her tears.

Sooyoung who heard the two latter conversations widen her eyes and had hung low. She just can’t believe what she heard just now. Lee Anna just confessed to be her long lost member, Kwon Yuri. Without Sooyoung realizing it, her tears starts to shed and she feels that she’s choking her own air. A part of her feels glad that Yuri’s is here but a part of her is fuming in anger and she knows she deserves that one thing, an explanation. Without waiting, Sooyoung barge into Yuri’s house with her eyes are fuming in anger and sadness.

The sudden loud bang made Yuri and Hyoyeon turns their gaze to the door. Yuri looks at Sooyoung who in need an explanation from her. Sooyoung eyes that b in tears and it made Yuri look away from her. Hyoyeon looks at Sooyoung and Yuri and she feels a strong tense is happening among the two latter. “Sooyoung ah..” Hyoyeon said to break away Sooyoung stares and went to Sooyoung to hold hands. Sooyoung shoved Hyoyeon hands and went to Yuri.

Sooyoung looks at Yuri and clenched her teeth. Sooyoung were shaking so does Yuri. Yuri didn’t dare to look into Sooyoung eyes and keep hung her head low. “Why? Why? Why did you leave me and the girls here? Do you know how hurt I was? Do you know how guilty I was for letting you leave? Do you know that Yul?” Yuri feels a sting straight to her heart when Sooyoung called her Yul. That name that’s Yuri been longing to hear for the past three years. “Answer me.” Sooyoung said while sobbing. “ANSWER ME!” Sooyoung starts screams while shook Yuri’s body rapidly. Yuri just sealed her lips. “ANSWER ME KWON YURI!” Sooyoung shouts at Yuri and made Hyoyeon flinch.

Hyoyeon starts to feel someone else presence inside the room. She looks behind Yuri and see the little girl that she saw inside the picture. With shaking hand, slowly she pulled Sooyoung back. “What’s wrong with you Hyoyeon?!” Sooyoung accidently shouts at Hyoyeon. Hyoyeon glared at Sooyoung and points at the kid behind Yuri.

Sooyoung looks at Hyoyeon weirdly and she looks behind Yuri and see a little girl rubbing her eyes cutely. Sooyoung looks at Yuri hung her head low and biting her lips to control her tears. Yuri looks at Sooyoung and Hyoyeon who looks at her weirdly. She turns back and sees her daughter standing behind her with hugging her teddy bear.

She kneeled down in front of her daughter and hugs her daughter tightly. Tears start to shed on her eyes as she hugs her daughter. Yuri pulled away from the hug and Yoonhee’s hair softly. Yoonhee looks at her mom and wipe Yuri’s tears. “Why omma crying? Omma don’t cry. If omma cry, Yoonhee will cry too.” Yoonhee said while wipe Yuri tears away. Yoonhee peeks to Yuri’s right side and see two people standing behind Yuri. “Omma.” Yoonhee called Yuri while points at Sooyoung and Hyoyeon. “Auntie Syoo and Auntie Hyo.” Sooyoung and Hyoyeon widen their eyes when the little girl recognized them. Yuri nods while smile sadly and let her tears flow down like a river. “Omma. Don’t cry anymore. Yoonhee is here.” Yoonhee said while wipe Yuri tears away.

Yuri grabs Yoonhee’s palm and the toddler palm softly while nodding at her daughter remark. “Arasso. Omma won’t cry because omma have Yoonhee. Now go to sleep. You had school tomorrow remember?” Yoonhee nod and kiss Yuri cheeks and walks to her rooms.

Sooyoung froze at her spot when she heard the mother and daughter conversation. “Yuri.. Who is that girl..” Sooyoung ask. Yuri didn’t answer Sooyoung instead she let her tears flow and trying to ignore Sooyoung question. “Answer me Yuri. Who is that girl?” Sooyoung said while crying.

Yuri took a deep breath and closed her eyes. She smile sadly and urge herself to looks at Sooyoung. “She’s.. she’s my daughter Soo. My daughter.”

Sooyoung feels her knees is getting weaker at Yuri’s answer and slowly take a step back from Yuri and Hyoyeon cupped with her shaking hand. “Your.. your daughter?” Yuri nods at Hyoyeon question. “Why.. How.. What happen.. Why you never tell us?” Hyoyeon was dumbfounded with Yuri’s answer.

“Does it make any difference if told each and every one of you? Will Yoona come back to me after she knows about her? Will things change after all of you know about her existence? No right? That’s why I choose to let go everything I had just to raise her. She’s the answer to your entire question Sooyoung ah, Hyoyeon ah.” Yuri said points at Yoonhee’s way.

“Yuri ah, why you never tell us? Why Yuri? Why?” Hyoyeon asks and Sooyoung slumps down on the sofa.

Yuri scoffed at Hyoyeon question and hung her head low. “Yoona always brag about having baby with me. Since the day I married to her, I’ve been thinking about doing insemination procedure. That day on her first week out of the country, I made up my mind to take the procedure. Two weeks later, on our fourth anniversary, I was positive. She doesn’t even know about it. It was supposed to be a surprise for our wedding anniversary. That night on our anniversary, she came home and hit me again. Few days later, the table turns, I caught her with my own eyes.” Yuri chuckle sadly. “I’ve been thinking and I realise I can’t raise this child on my own. For once, I was thinking about abduction. But, the baby wasn’t even at fault. That’s why I choose to left everything I had here and raise her in Australia. I was in Australia for three years and raising Yoonhee on my own.”

Hyoyeon fell down at the couch behind her and cried even harder. Guilty starts to roams in her when she didn’t know about her friend raising her own child on her own. “Why did you come back?” Sooyoung ask while tears glistening on her eyes.

“Yoonhee made me realise, I need to go back to where I belong. Plus she keeps bragging me about meeting the two of you. I came back here 6 months ago.” Yuri chuckled sadly while picks up the frame of her and Yoonhee. “I found my happiness back as she grown up. She’s such an angel that came from above. Once in a while, she reminds me of Yoona. She likes to eat a lot like Yoona and she’s a choding too.” Yuri said sadly while tracing the frame.

She put the frame away and stares at Sooyoung who currently not making any eye contacts with her. “Sooyoung ah, I know you’re still mad at me. I know. I’m sorry for leaving you and the girls without telling you my reasons. I’m sorry Sooyoung, it just I had to do it. For the sake of Yoonhee, I had to leave. And I wanted to start a new life without Yoona. I never meant to left you and break our promise. I’m sorry Sooyoung.” Yuri said and took a deep a breath. She walks to Hyoyeon and hold Hyoyeon’s hand.

“Hyoyeon ah, I’m sorry. I’m such a bad friend aren’t I? I’m sorry. I really am.” Yuri said softly and made Hyoyeon hug her tightly.

“Don’t go anymore Yuri. Please don’t go anymore. I need you, Syoo needs you, and the girls need you. Don’t go anymore. Please come back to the dorm and tell them.” Hyoyeon said in between her sobs.

“Hyoyeon ah, one day I’ll come home with Yoonhee. I’ll tell them.” Yuri said and Hyoyeon nods at Yuri’s word. Yuri let go of Hyoyeon and walks to Sooyoung who is crying hard. She went down on her knees and kneels in front of Sooyoung. Yuri hold both of Sooyoung’s hand and looks at Sooyoung softly. “Sooyoung ah, I know you don’t want to hear me now but I’ll say this one last time, I’m sorry. I never meant to left you. I’m sorry Syoo. I never meant to break our promise. I know I should have told all of you about my daughter but I don’t want to burden all of you anymore. I’m sorry Sooyoung ah.” Sooyoung ignores Yuri’s word and looks away from Yuri. Yuri wipes her tears and nods and stands up from her current position.

Sooyoung closes her eyes and grabs Yuri’s hand. Yuri looks back at Sooyoung who had her eyes glistening with tears. “Don--don’t go any--more I need y--you, ple--please don--don’t go Yu--Yuri ah.” Sooyoung said between her sobs and hug Yuri tightly. Yuri hugs Sooyoung back and cried along.

“Mianhae Sooyoung ah.. Mianhae..” Yuri said in between their hugs.

 

------------------------------------------------------------------------