Chapter 5

Fragile Line

A/N ; Please listen to SM The Ballad Jonghyun and Taeyeon - Breath. It helps a lot.

 

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

Yoona went back to her dorm after she thought about searching for Yuri at one places that Yuri wanted to go on her birthday. Yoona know Yuri’s going to be there, she just know Yuri will be there. On her way back, she called her manager to buy a flight ticket to the place she’s heading to. She barge into the dorm and run straight to her room. Taeyeon, Sunny and Seohyun looks at each other weirdly when they sees Yoona seems in rush.

“What happen to her?” Sunny asks the other two latter. Taeyeon and Seohyun just shrug their shoulder. Sunny sigh and stand up from the couch. She went to Yoona and Yuri’s room and she see that Yoona is putting all her clothes inside her luggage. Sunny entered the room and looks at Yoona weirdly. “Yoong, where are you going?”

“I’m going to find Yuri and bring her back here.” Yoona said while packing up her clothes. She has determined to bring Yuri back no matter what.

Sunny looks at Yoona with disbelief look. “How are you going to find her? Yoong we don’t even had any clue where she is right now.”

“I know and Unnie, in five days is her birthday and I believe she will be there. She just will.” Yoona said softly while nodding at her words.

“Yoona, what if.. What if you didn’t find her?” Sunny said slowly.

“My heart said she will be there. She will.” Yoona keep tossing her clothes into her luggage and zip her luggage. She walks out from her room and sees her all members is at living room and looks at her weirdly.

“Where are you going Yoona?” Jessica said while looking at Yoona and her luggage.

“I’m going to find Yuri and bring her back here Unnie.”

“Yoona please stay at home. You’re not fully recovered.” Plead Taeyeon.

“No Taeyeon Unnie. I need to bring her back. I will bring her back Unnie.”

“Yoona, are sure abo--?”

“Let her be is not that she’s going to find Yuri. Obviously she’s going on vacation with her oh-so-lovable boyfriend.” Tiffany said while looks at Yoona hatefully. Tiffany had some trust issues with Yoona after Yuri’s incident and Tiffany didn’t trust single words that Yoona said right now.

“Unnie say what you want to say. I know what I’m doing. Taeyeon Unnie, Jessica Unnie, I’ll be back in one week. I promise I will bring Yuri back.” With that Yoona walk out from the dorm and went straight to the airport.

As soon as she arrived at the airport, she met her manager and took the ticket later run straight to the international departure. She checks in herself and waits for the call for her flight. She took a seat and starts to spacing out. She held her passport on her left hand and Yuri’s wedding ring on her right. She stares at Yuri’s wedding ring and trace the ring with her thumb.

‘I will bring you back. I promise I will make you happy again. Wait for me My Queen.’ Yoona thought while stares at the ring.

 

‘Attention to all passengers who will board on QF508, flight to Brisbane International Airport, Australia. Kindly proceed to gate 7 for departure. Thank you.’

 

With that announcement, Yoona stand up and walks to the gate to proceeds her departure to Australia.

 

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

Yoona safely arrived at Australia and currently at the place that she knew Yuri will be there. Today is 5th of December, Yoona decide to strolls along the road near her hotel to find Yuri’s birthday presents.

She stops in front of flower shop and smile. She entered the shop and greeted by the florist of the shop. “Hello. How may I help you?”

Yoona looks around and change her gaze to the florist. “Do you have fresh white tulips and purple lilac?”

“Yes. Let me show you.” The florist led Yoona to where she keeps the fresh flowers. Yoona smile when she sees the fresh flower. “You want a flower or in bouquet?”

“In bouquet please.” Yoona said softly.

The florist takes the fresh white tulips and lilac and wraps it to a bouquet. She passes Yoona the flower and she sees Yoona smiling to her ears. “You know a lot about flowers. Do you know what white tulips and lilac means?”

Yoona shook her head innocently. “These two flowers crossed my mind so I decide to buy it.”

The florist laughs heartily at Yoona’s word. “Miss, white tulips means forgiveness while purple lilac means first love. Are you asking for someone forgiveness? I assume it’s your first love isn't it?” Yoona nod and smile sadly. “Don’t worry Miss. I’m sure she’s going to love it.”

Yoona widen her eyes at the florist words. “How did you know that I’m going to give it to a girl?”

“Well mostly man or boys will come here to buy flowers to their love ones. It’s rare to see a girl like you to come here a buy flowers.” Yoona smile at the florist words. She took out her credit card to pay for the flowers but the florist just shook her head. “It’s okay Miss. The bouquet is on me.”

Yoona smile widely at the florist word and bow. “Thank you.” Yoona took the bouquet of flowers and walk out from the shop. Yoona continue walking until one shop caught her eyes. She smile and enter the shop to buy the presents that she know Yuri’s going to love it.

 

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

(A/N ; Here's the link to the song ; http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iIgC5Ky6Fwc , start read it when Jonghyun sings the first line.)

 

Without even knowing, I was holding the phone

It’s me, it’s been a long time

Because it was so hard, because I felt bad if I held you back

Because I regret letting you go, I just let out a sigh

 

Yoona walks at the beach she used to walk with Yuri here in this island. She’s hoping she could find Yuri here. With a bouquet of white tulips that had lilac surrounds it on her left hand and a small cage on her right hand. She walks thru the beach hoping she could find Yuri here. She walks until she found a place to rest. She put the cage next to her and look surrounds her. ‘She will come here.. I know she will.’ She thought to herself.

 

Because I was so surprised, I couldn’t speak

I was holding on to my trembling heart

Are you struggling a lot? Where are you?

Before I could even ask, tears fell down

Just by hearing the sound of your breath

 

Yuri is currently sitting on the couch and spacing out. It’s her birthday and she knows she supposed to be happy but she doesn’t know why she’s feeling so empty and dull. Once in a while, she will stares at her phone that she put on the coffee table in front of her. For once, she hopes that her phone will vibrate and when she picked up someone’s singing Happy Birthday song to her. She chuckle at her own thought. ‘What was I thinking? I choose this remember?’ She shook her head and stood up from the couch.

 

When tears fall, even my smallest cherished memories don’t know what to do

Because it hurt so much, we promised to let each other go

But whenever I’m not sure I can do it, please let me hear at least your breath

 

Flashback

 

Yoona remove the blind fold from Yuri and she heard Yuri gasp. Yuri looks at her unbelievably. “You make this?” Yuri asks while walks forward to the table that Yoona set up for her birthday.

Yoona smile sweetly and nod. “Do you like it?” Yoona said while slide her arms thru Yuri’s waist.

“I love it. Thank you so much Yoong.” Yuri kissed Yoona cheek and made Yoona blushed.

“Happy Birthday baby, I’m sorry I can’t bring you to the place that you wanted to go on your birthday. Hope this is enough.” Yoona said sweetly while kissed Yuri’s shoulder.

“This is more than enough. Thank you so much Yoona ah. About going there I’m fine, there’s always next year.” Yuri said while Yoona’s face softly and made Yoona closed her eyes and feels her touch.

Yoona kiss Yuri’s palm and took Yuri’s hand. “Happy Birthday My Queen, I love you.” Yoona give a peck on Yuri’s lips and smile sweetly.

 

Breathing, opening my eyes every day, barely getting through each day

I couldn’t tell you that those things were harder than dying

In case you would get worried so like a fool, I just let out a sigh

 

Yoona sighs heavily while looks at her surroundings and it almost sunset. She’s not going to give up on waiting. She knows Yuri will come here. She bit her lips while tilt her head from left to right. She folds her arms to keep herself warm after a cold breeze hit her. She looks at the cage and peek down at the creature inside the cage. She smiles when she sees the creature is sleeping soundly and cutely. ‘She’s going to love you kiddo.’ Yoona thought while looking at the sleeping creature. She changes her gaze to the sea and sighs. ‘Please come Yuri ah..’

 

When tears fall, even my smallest cherished memories don’t know what to do

Because it hurt so much, we promised to let each other go

But whenever I’m not sure I can do it, please let me hear at least your breath

 

“Hi Yul. How’s your birthday today?” The bartender asks her in English.

“A bit boring plus I’m literally alone here James.” Yuri replied fluently and sighed heavily.

James sensed Yuri is not as bright as he seen her before. “Yul. How about this? Pick any drinks you want. It’s on the house today since it’s your day.”  James said to her.

“I’ll have the usual then.” Yuri said coolly. The bartender nod and walk away from Yuri. Yuri start to looks around and there’s only a few people inside this bar. Yuri starts to space out until she overheard a couple talking behind her.

“Let’s go to the beach. It’s been awhile since we go there.” The girlfriend said to her boyfriend.

Yuri bit her lips and starts thinking about going to the beach. Her favourite beach, ‘Maybe a walk wouldn’t hurt right?’ Yuri nod and make up her mind. She will go to the beach after she had this drink.

 

There was so much I wanted to say but I couldn’t say anything

We said that we were okay, comforting each other in pain

When I look back, we were only happy, we haven’t let each other go

 

Flashback

 

Yuri woke up from bed and look to the left side of the bed. ‘She didn’t come home last night?’ Yuri grabbed her phone and called Yoona.

“Hello?” Yoona said and she’s sound like she’s just wake up from sleep.

“Where are you?” Yuri said softly.

“My apartment, I’m too tired to go home last night and I had photo shoot after this, it’s couple blocks away.”

Yuri bit her lips at Yoona blunt words. “Okay. Have fun.” She hung up the call and throws her phone away. ‘I guess she forgot about it.’ Yuri chuckled sadly and shook her head. She decides to let it be and starts to unpacked her stuff. This is first time Yoona didn’t come home and didn’t wish her birthday. Yoona also forgot about the holiday that she’s said to Yuri, few days before Yuri’s birthday.

 

When tears fall, even my smallest cherished memories don’t know what to do

Because it hurt so much, we promised to let each other go

When I keep thinking about you

When it’s so hard that I can’t take it

Please let me hear at least your breath

 

Yoona sighed heavily when she didn’t see any single soul walking in front of her. ‘I guess she’s not coming then.’ Yoona thought sadly while stood from the bench she sits from the afternoon. She kneels down and looks at the creature inside the cage. The creature still sleeping soundly, she let her lone tears run down on her cheeks and Yoona finally give up on waiting. “If she come here and found you, please protect and cherish her for me.” Yoona said and wipe her lone tears. She took out a small card and a pen from her back pocket and writes a few words on it.  Yoona stands up while putting the small card in its envelope and put the card inside bouquet. She wipes her tears and walks away from the place. Yoona entered her car and drive away.

A few moments later, a figure walks along the beach and nearing Yoona rest spot. As she getting near to the place, she heard a small puppy barking. She gets near the cage that had ribbon on it and looks inside the cage. “Annyeong.” She said to the creature. She opens the cage and took the puppy out from the cage. She looks around, looking for the owner of the puppy. She changes her gaze to the flower bouquet on top of the cage. She picked up the bouquet and there’s a small card in it. She furrows her eyebrows when she sees the initials at the envelope. She takes a sit next to the cage and put the puppy on her lap. She opens the card and read the content.

 

‘Happy Birthday My Queen,

I Love You

-IYA’

 

She put the card away as her tears starts to foams at her eyes. ‘She’s here.’ She looks around her looking for that person with the initials IYA. She knew the owner of the initials and sigh heavily at her own action. She shook her head. ‘What am I doing? I run away from her. Why did I keep looking for her?’ She thought while closes her eyes letting her tears flow down even more. She opens her eyes and looks down at the puppy on her lap. She held the puppy up and smiles sweetly while letting her tears run down on her cheeks. “From now on I’m your new owner. I’m Kwon Yuri and I’m going to name you Hani. Kwon Hani.” Yuri said while nodded her head and smile. She put the puppy back inside the cage and brought the cage and the bouquet of flower back to her house.

 

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

-TBC-

Author's Note; Hello lovelies! I'm back! And I'm officially on SEMESTER BREAK! Hahaha! Okay okay. Here's a short update about YoonYul How's the chapter? Is it okay? Thank you for the new subscribers and upvotes. More to come everyone! Thank you! Thank you! Yo Peace out!