019

Someday
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

KRIS

“here” Chanyeol said as he handed me a white envelope. We are now on break and we are still both panting like horses that have run a mile after practice.

“what’s this?” I asked as I received the envelope before I chugged down my water. Chanyeol wasn’t able to answer because he was drinking from his water jug so  I opened the envelope and read that it was an invitation to a party. “who’s party is this? I’m not going” I told him handing the envelop back to him.

“it’s my dad’s party and he wants to meet you” Chanyeol explained pushing my hand back. “I’m not going” I said as I stood firm with my decision.

“why not?” Chanyeol asked. I just shrugged and answered, “I don’t want to. It’s just going to be a hassle”

“I don’t think you have a choice though, Kris” Luhan interjected as he suddenly appeared out of nowhere and placed an arm on my shoulder. Luhan's not part of the basketball team, he's interested in soccer than basketball but they're not accepting newcomers as of the moment so Luhan's been pretty vacant and just pops out of nowhere.

“are you perhaps a mushroom, Lu?” I questioned. He knits his eyebrows and asked, “a mushroom? Why am I a mushroom?”

“You suddenly popped out of nowhere like a mushroom” I explained and he just shrugged. “and what do you mean by that Lu? What makes you think that I don’t have a choice?” I demanded for an explanation.

He got his phone and read, “Luhan, I have my eyes and ears on the party. I’ll know if Yifan isn’t around”

“wow, I thought my father was scary but I think your father is scarier hyung. And that’s just even a text from him” Chanyeol commented. “well, he really is scary in person too, Chanyeol. Though he is very good-looking, better-looking than our Fanfan here” Yixing added.

I rolled my eyes and commented, “he’s such a control-freak”. I wouldn’t argue with what Yixing said, that my dad is better-looking than me because I know he is. I wouldn’t have my looks if not for him, just that he is older and has wrinkles on his face.

“like father like son”

“what did you just say, Lu?” I asked raising my eyebrow on him. But like the usual the deer is still unfazed by me. “what? I was stating a fact about you and uncle, Kris. I mean, you and uncle Kristian are so alike Kris. You can’t deny that” he explained.

I tch’ed at him and averted my attention away from him.

“I haven’t met his father before, do they resemble each other so much hyung?” Chanyeol asked Yixing and Luhan, and they both nodded their heads eagerly.

“they are both angry birds” Luhan

“control and neat freaks too” Yixing

“he’s a greater control and neat freak than I am” I argued. They both shrugged and said, “whatever you say, Yifan”

“so, does this mean that you are going hyung?” Chanyeol asked me. But Luhan answered in my stead and said, “of course, he’s going. He can’t go against his father or else the three of us would be shipped back to China. And I for myself wouldn’t want that”

“I don’t mind going back, I can finally see my girlfriend if that’s the case” Yixing remarked.

“how about you hyung?” Chanyeol asked again. And it made me think twice. However, I came to  a conclusion or rather an appropriate answer. “We haven’t done what we are supposed to do here in Korea, so going back isn’t an option yet”

“really now?” Luhan taunted.

“yeah, really” I answered as I got up dusted off my pants. “where are you going?” Luhan asked as he noticed that I was walking away.

“stop acting like a mother hen, Luhan. You are so damn clingy. I don’t ever want a clingy girlfriend as you” I shrugged him off. “but seriously, Kris. Where are you going? Your practice is still not done, you know” he followed up.

“Cho Kyuhyun wanted to speak to me. So, I better get going. He’s a good asset to the Wu Corp, I guess” I explained. “hey, let me tag along!” he bid as he got up from where he was seated.

I looked back and glared, “you are not needed there Luhan, so you better keep your nailed to where it is right now”

 

 

“What is it you want, Kyuhyun? I don’t have all day to listen to you. So, just spill it already” I asked as soon as I got close enough to where Kyuhyun was. He said he wants to talk to me in private and preferably alone.

“Why are you such in a hurry? Can’t you at least sit down, Kris ssi? It won’t take long, I promise” he answered nonchalantly as he motioned for me sit on the seat opposite to his.

I heaved a sigh and pulled back the chair for me settle in.

“So? What?” I questioned as soon as I was settled on the seat that he offered. “won’t you have some tea or coffee? How about juice?” he offered but I only deadpanned at him. He must have noticed how uninterested I was, so he heaved a sigh before taking a sip from his cup.

“To be honest Kris, I am very disturbed by your presence” he started and I quirked an eyebrow, a little bit irritated by what he said. But, I chose to be quiet and let him continue. “And I just want to erase your presence from this university that my parents own, but I have no power to do that. my parents would probably think that I’ve lost my mind if I ask them to expel you, who happens to be the son of a very important client of ours” he continued.

“get to the point already, Kyuhyun. Stop with the bull” I told him. He shrugged and then said, “you really are uncle Kristian’s son afterall”

“you know my dad?” I asked and he nodded his head. “I’ve met him on some occasions where I accompany my father” he answered. I wanted to ask further but he cut me off.

“well, since you want me to get to my point already, I will get to my point now." He paused as he stared at me then he asked, "can you help us in protecting Taeyeon?”

“Protect Taeyeon? Why is she in some sort of trouble? And why in the world do you think would I do that?” I interrogated. “it’s none of my business”, I scoffed.

“Taeyeon’s in danger, you know that. you’ve been hanging around her because you knew that she was in danger” he concluded. “Is it because I am staying in the discussion room with her? Nah, don’t misunderstand me. I just like staying in that room just so I could get off the crazy women’s radar. But, if it puts you to ease then I’ll stay away from her” I explained.

“if that’s what you want to believe in, then believe it if you want to. And even if I hate doing this, stay with her Kris. Don’t leave her alone” Kyuhyun answered.

“Okay, let’s say Taeyeon really is in danger. Do you think it’s a right decision to trust me? Me, of all people? I’m related to the mafia, Kyuhyun and aside from that I’m the greatest playboy in town” I tried to provoke him.

“at first, I thought that you are a dangerous person. but, I also think that you’re not. You, being related to the mafia makes you the best person to protect our Taeyeon” he states which got me confused. “Can’t you do that yourself? There’s you, Lee Donghae, that Kwon Jiyong and of course the boyfriend, Choi Siwon”

He pursed his lips and then shook his head. “Donghae hyung’s company isn’t capable of such since they are still on shaky grounds. Our company on the other hand has to maintain a clean image since we’re in the field of education. Jiyong on the other hand is a celebrity; we can’t link a woman’s name to him. Siwon on the other hand…” he trails off. I raised an eyebrow to urge him to continue.

“he’s out of the country” he simply answers and something tells me he’s not saying everything regarding this matter. “so, you are using me, huh?” I insinuated

“pretty much, yes” he simply answers. I couldn’t help but scoff with his bluntness and straightforwardness. This man really does have some guts.

“and how about me being a man? As a man yourself, I think you know very well that s are the best. And well, your friend’s…. a … isn’t she?” I asked, lowering my voice’s volume as I stated that Taeyeon is a as I continued to provoke. I knew the topic Taeyeon being a would irk him since he's her bestfriend.

But, maybe Kyuhyun’s a long lost brother of Luhan.

He leans in and whispers, “yeah, she’s a ”. I was astounded by his answer, I didn’t think he would even confirm it. I mean, he’s her friend and isn’t he trying to protect her?

He leans away and smile, “but I don’t think you’ll touch her Kris. The way you question me right now tells me you wouldn’t even dare lay a finger on her”

I didn’t notice that I have spaced out until he stood up and said, “told you it won’t take long right? I’ll be taking my leave now. So, thank you Kris. Goodbye”

“wa-wa-w-wait, Kyuhyun” I called out as I followed after him. He halted and turned to look at me before he smiled a victorious smile, “later, Kris!”

 

SIWON

I closed my eyes and breathed in the fresh air of Korea as I leaned on the hood of my car.

It just feels good to be back. After almost two months of being away from Korea, I’ve finally set foot back to where I came from. The plane that I rode from France landed just an hour ago. It’s still 5 o’clock in the morning and I’m already in the outskirts of Seoul waiting for Kyuhyun to arrive.

I noticed an approaching car which made me stand straight and smile. I got something inside my car before I walked to where the other car parked.

“Oppa, where are we? What are we doing here?” I heard her ask. It seems that she hasn’t noticed that I am here waiting for her.

“Taeyeon, your welcome” Kyuhyun answers as he hugged Taeyeon and handed her a bag then he walked back to his car and waved before igniting his car’s engine. I noticed that Taeyeon panicked, “O-o-o-oppa, y-y-yah! Where are you going?! Oppa! Are you leaving me here all alone?! Yah!”

Kyuhyun just smiled and completely drove away. She was about to ran after Kyuhyun but I immediately wrapped my arms around her. I noticed how her body stiffened.

“miss me?” I whispered into her ear.

“S-s-s-s-Siwon?” she asked.

I released her from my embrace and turned her around. She blinked a couple of times and I smiled at her cuteness.

“hi” I greeted as I caressed her cheek. She didn’t answer back, she didn’t utter any word instead she hugged me tight and I hugged her back.

“I miss you so much, Taeyeon” I whispered as I kissed the crown of her head.

No words were said between us, there was just silence. Taeyeon didn’t say anything, she just hugged me tight and I did the same. I savored the feeling of having her in my arms and the feeling of me in her arms. Everything just felt so right whenever I am with her.

A few minutes after I felt her loosening her grip on me so I copied her. I didn’t want to suffocate her or something. I backed away and cupped her face to make her look up to me. I studied her face, her beautiful face that I miss so much.

“Welcome back” she said smiling at me.

“sorry, it took me awhile to come back” I apologized as I caressed her cheeks. She shook her head and answered, “it’s okay. What matters most is that you’re back”

Another silence followed as we just stared into each others’ eyes. I chose to break the silence by voicing out my innermost sentiments, “I love you, Taeyeon”

"I love you too, Siwon" she said with a very beautiful smile adorned on her face.

I leaned close and kissed her lips. It was just a simple touch, no movement, just our lips in contact with each other, just savoring the feeling of her lips in mine yet it feels like my heart can explode  from happiness and joy.

I just miss her so much. I've been away for too long and simply hearing her voice just wouldn't do anymore. And I am happy that I am back even just for a few days, I can finally be with Taeyeon again.

After our brief kiss, I grabbed her bag and led her by the hand to the passenger seat of my car. "Are we going somewhere?" she asked before I opened the door. I simply nodded my head and smiled as I opened the door for her before motioning for her to get in.

"where are we going?" she asked as she sat. I just winked at her and closed the door before going to my side. "Siwon, where are we going?" she asked again as soon as I got in. I didn't answer her, instead I held her hand, kissed the back of it and asked back, "do you trust me?"

She nodded her head and smiled, "I trust you. But, I need to know where we are going"

"we're going to the beach and spend the rest of the weekend there" I answered as I started the car.

"beach? but it's far. and aren't you tired? you've just arrived and you plan to have a long drive. you should rest"

"I'm not tired. As soon as I saw your smile, my energy got restored Taeyeon. I'll never get tired for as long as I am with you. And besides, the beach isn't that far" I reasoned out. "but still, don't you have a jet lag or something?" she questioned, concerned and still not convinced to go despite the pink tint evident on her cheeks.

"I'm fine, Taeyeon. If you give me another reason not to go, I'd conclude that you don't want to be with me anymore" I threatened.

She knits her eyebrows, "I want to be with you, okay? I'm just worried about you"

"don't be. I'm totally fine and this is my way of making it up to you for being away for long"

With one final sigh, she surrendered.

 

 

"I don't understand why you wanted to come here. Winter is approaching and the sea is starting to become freezing cold" Taeyeon remarks while she embraced herself in an attempt to make herself feel warmer.

"it's better

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter