017

Someday
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

TIFFANY

[Stephanie, I am expecting you to be here on mine and your dad’s wedding anniversary, okay?]

“yes mom, I wouldn’t want to miss that event out. So, has Michael arrived there already? I sent him off this morning” I replied.

Yes, my brother, Hwang Chansung also known as Michael Hwang is off to see my parents in France. In a few days, my parents are about to celebrate their wedding anniversary at the same time the anniversary of our company’s establishment. This year, they decided to celebrate in France.

 [Yes, Michael is already here. And he told me that you and Siwon are getting along well. I am expecting the two of you here, okay?]

Michael Hwang, why on earth did you tell mom that Siwon and I are getting along? I am so going to kill you Hwang Chansung. Ugh! Damn it! I don’t want to come in between him and Taeyeon.

I am neither blind nor naïve enough to not notice how Siwon and Taeyeon are acting around each other. There is more than plain friendship between the two of them. I wouldn’t lie and say that I am kind of disappointed and a bit annoyed observing them.

I knew there was something between the very moment when the three of us were in one location, and that was when I first arrived here. The way Siwon looked at Taeyeon is endearing beyond compare. He was looking at her like she is the most beautiful thing that his eyes had ever laid on. He was caring for her like she is the most delicate thing in the world.

I know I shouldn’t feel this way especially when Taeyeon is a dear childhood friend of mine. But I just can’t help it. I mean, how can I not get envious when their relationship is so perfect and beautiful while my relationship crumbled down miserably? And how can I not get irritated when in fact Siwon is supposed to get married to me?

Now, tell me. How can I move on from Kris if Siwon can’t help me and in turn he is making me feel more miserable and frustrated of my past relationship?

[Stephanie, are you listening to me?]

“yes, mom. I am listening to you” I answered as I got back from my reverie. I heaved a sigh as I brush off the frustrating idea in my mind and got up from my bed. “Am I supposed to be the one who’ll invite him?” I asked.

[no, Kangta already confirmed that Siwon will be going. But, if you want to do it personally that would be good too]

Now, I don’t have any reasons why I can’t bring Siwon there when his father confirmed the invitation for him. Ugh!

[well, I’ll see you soon then Stephanie]

“okay, bye mom”

*click*

I plopped myself back in bed as I tried to figure out what to do. As I stared blankly at the ceiling, I just came with one conclusion of what to do. And that is to kill Hwang Chansung.

I grabbed my phone again and sent him a message. I smiled to myself after sending the message. I was about to put down my phone when suddenly there was an incoming call.

Choi Siwon calling…

-------------------------------------------------------

“so, we’re leaving in two days then?” Siwon asked with a smile. I just nodded my head as a response to his question.

Siwon called me for a date he says. But in actuality, he just wanted to talk about the details of our upcoming trip to France.

“I’ve never been to France. I hope I can make good memories there. Have you been there before Tiff?” he asked.

“I’ve been there twice. It’s a beautiful place” I answered and he nods his head while he looked at me eagerly.

Why does he look so happy today? He shouldn’t be happy. He’ll be separated from Taeyeon. Won’t he miss her? Won’t he feel sad? They’ll be miles away and for almost a week. Isn’t that too long?

“what’s wrong?” he asked and that was when I noticed that I was frowning.

“it’s nothing” I denied.

“really now? Your face doesn’t say so” he answered back to which I just answered with a shake of my head as I looked down on my plate. Then, he placed his hand below my chin and lifted it up, making me face him square on.

I’d be lying if I’ll say that the man in front of me is not a beauty to behold, because he is. Choi Siwon is a fine and handsome young man. His prominent jaw, his chiseled nose, his protruding cheek bones, his round beautiful eyes, his luscious plump lips, his thick brows; his face in general is beautiful.

It is really not questionable that almost half the population in school regards him as the most handsome one in campus.

“Tiffany?” he called out with a raised eyebrow.

“are you sure that you really want to go? You can say no if you really don’t want to. I don’t want to burden you” I subconsciously blurted out my innermost thoughts. My eyes widened as I realized what I just blurted out.

Siwon smiled at me.

“I want to go. This is the least that I can do for my father and besides, I’ve been wanting to go out of the country. So, why miss out the chance when it’s already here? Plus, I get myself a free translator slash tour guide. So, why decline?”

But won’t you miss Taeyeon?

I wanted to ask him that, but I think my envy would be evident so I opted not to.

“I’ll be your guide then, but I can’t assure you though that we’ll be in the right track” I joked making laugh. “thank you, SIwon oppa” I told him as soon as his laughter died down.

“what are you thanking me for?” he asked.

“for being my friend here. And for not thinking that I am a burden”

“whoever told you that you’re a burden must have gone completely insane” he joked.

So, my parents are insane, huh?

He cupped my face and made me look up to me again.

“a beautiful girl like you should never feel that way. Any man would be lucky enough to be in your companion. I am lucky enough to be in your presence. So, stop being like that, okay?” he coaxed me as made gentle circles on my cheek with his thumb.

The gentle warmth of his thumb on my face was relaxing but at the same time it made me feel an unexplainable feeling. It was the same feeling when I first saw Kris in school. It was a beautiful feeling but I don’t want to ever feel it again because I know the pain that comes next is unbearable, to the point that it feels like breaking me to my very bones.

“yeah, you’re right” I said as I moved away and released myself from his grasp. He smiles at me once more and said, “that’s the spirit” while ruffling my hair. I could only awkwardly smile at him and then sipped on my bubble tea.

“I think we should go now” I told him as I tried to erase the unnerving silence between the two of us.

“okay” he says as he got up from his seat and waited for me to the same. He led us out of the café and towards his car. I was trailing behind him as I tried to calm myself down. Because a not calm me, would only lead to a disaster.

And yes, it did cause one.

I clumsily stumbled on the pavement that we were walking on. Thankfully, Siwon was dexterous enough to catch me before my face could hit the solid floor.

But, I think that wasn’t the best thing that should’ve happen. Maybe, I should’ve just hit the floor instead of being in Choi Siwon’s strong hold. We stood there in silence for a few moments. Wait, no. I, stood there in silence, frozen and stunned by our close proximity.

“are you okay?” he asked as he examined me. I can smell his mint breath, I can feel the air that he breathes out on my face, and I can feel the warmth that his body is emitting.

For the first time since I fell for Kris

For the first time for another man

For the first time since then, my heart beat like crazy for another man.

I’m sorry Taeyeon. I think I am starting to feel something for Siwon.

SIWON

Tonight, I’ll make my stand.

I know I have consented to this but I couldn’t bring myself to hurt Taeyeon more. This is the farthest that I could get with my obedience and love for my father. I don’t care if he’ll disown me whatsoever, for as long as Taeyeon and I will be together.

I know what you’ve been doing while I’m away. Don’t think I’ll let it slip away, son.

The text message that he sent to me as a warning gave me the chills. But, I have to stand firm with my decision hereon.

I love my father. I wouldn’t be who I am without him and for that I am whole-heartedly grateful to him. But, I can’t allow him to control my life. I am old enough to make my own decisions and I starting with this one now which is to be with the woman that I love, Kim Taeyeon.

“why’d you bring me here, oppa?” Tiffany asked as she settled herself to the seat that I pulled out for her. I pushed her chair before going to mine and answered, “Well, this is part of my plan on getting to know you, Tiffany”

‘And there are important matters that we need to talk about’ I added in my mind.

Tiffany smiles and nods her head in approval to my plan.

If only I wasn’t that much in love with Taeyeon

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter