018

Someday
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

TAEYEON

“I haven’t seen your boyfriend in awhile. Is he still alive?”

“Yes, he is still alive. Why’d you ask? Do you miss him? I can ring him for you” I questioned back while teasing him. He only shrugged and made a duck-face.

What? Does he think he’s cute? Well, he’s not.

Duck face doesn’t suit Wu Yi Fan.

“You aren’t denying it now. So, is he really your boyfriend now?” he asked as he looked up to me from his workbook. I’m currently reading a book in Pharmacology while Kris is sat opposite to me answering some Calc stuff that he wanted to do here in my place.

Apparently, the giant likes spending time here too. So, now I am sharing this discussion room with him even if it wasn’t our schedule to do tutoring and we’ll basically he is learning more from Chanyeol than from me, so he probably don’t need my help anymore.

Though I am not looking at him, I can feel his hawk-like stare at me.

And I chose not to answer him.

“I’ll take your silence as a yes, Choi Siwon is now Kim Taeyeon’s boyfriend” he concluded. I didn’t try to correct because he was right.

Choi Siwon and I are now together.

“hello?” I answered groggily, a little bit half asleep. It was already two in the morning when my phone suddenly rang. I didn’t know who the caller was because I was too sleepy to check. But then, the voice that I heard from the other line made my system automatically energized.

[Taeyeon…]

“S-s-Siwon?”

[yeah, it’s me. I’m sorry I called you at this hour]

“no, it’s okay. I was still studying” I lied as I sat up in bed with a pillow in my lap. I don’t want him to feel like he is disturbing me. And besides, I miss hearing his voice already. I miss him so much.

[nice try, Kim Taeyeon. I know that you were already asleep. The sound of your voice tells me so] he points out with a chuckle. I pout, a little bit embarrassed, caught lying to him. [don’t pout, you’re already cute without that] he adds.

A small smile reached my lips.

This man knows me so well.

“okay, I won’t deny it. I was already in my tenth dream when you called” I conceded. I received a hearty laugh from the other line making me blush hard.

“stop laughing at me narcissist!” I whined. He only laughed harder upon hearing me whine.

“I’m hanging up” I threatened

[hey, hey, hey! Don’t hang up yet!]

“hnnnn?”

[okay, I’ll stop] he reassured me

 I heaved a sigh signaling him that I am giving in to his plea.

 “you better be. So, why’d you call?” I asked. There was a moment of silence before he finally spoke again

[will you be my girlfriend Taeyeon?]

I was stunned by the sudden proposal. I was speechless and frozen in bed. I totally did not expect that. I mean, why would I expect that?

I heard a sigh from the other line, a frustrated sigh.

[I know this is sudden and a bit inappropriate. I should’ve asked this question in person and not through the phone. But, I just…]

“Siwon, is everything okay?” I cautiously asked.

By the way Siwon sounds, I can feel that something is off. Like something wrong is bound to happen, something is bothering him and is making him feel vexed.

[nothing’s wrong. It’s just that…]

“just what?”

[I don’t feel at ease with Kris and the other guys lurking around you, while I’m away. I feel so anxious knowing that you are not mine] he explained. A smile crept up to my face along with the warmth on my cheeks and the fast beating of my heart.

“hey, aren’t you supposed to narcissistic and pretty much confident with yourself? Why are you sounding so insecure? The Choi Siwon I know isn’t insecure” I with a little chuckle. I heard another sigh from him.

[Taeng, I  just--]

“I love you, Choi Siwon. You should pretty well know by now that my heart belongs to you. it always belonged to you. so, stop being insecure, okay? It’s so unlike you”

[I’m always insecure when it comes to matters involving you]

“don’t be”

[I can’t help it. I don’t know when I’m coming back. I don’t know when I can ask you this question. I don’t want to prolong this anymore nor can I wait to ask you this]

Yes, his return is still not fixed. He was supposed to just stay in France for the anniversary celebration of Miyoung’s parents. But, after the accident, Miyoung lost her memory. She was unconscious for three days and when she woke up she doesn’t remember a thing, not even her name. Right now, Tiffany is receiving therapy session in France since she incurred some injuries that sort of impaired her ability to walk but nonetheless she isn’t disabled.

I had a sad smile on my face as I remembered that I missed him so much and will be missing him more. The pain of thinking of the wait I have to endure to see him again has now resurfaced. But, I don’t want him to worry or feel any sadder.

Siwon is going through a lot, I know he is silently blaming himself for what happened to Miyoung, I don’t want to be an additional burden to him.

“My boyfriend sure is a cutie” I said with a giggle. His line went silent for awhile.

[a-a-a-are you r-r-r-referring to me, right now, T-t-t-t-Taeyeon?]

“I never thought my boyfriend was so uncool. Stuttering so much, are we?” I teased. Again, he was silent. “hey, are you still there, boyfriend?” I asked.

[b-b-b-b-boyfriend?]

“uh-huh. Got any problem with that?” I asked

[what? No, no, no! I don’t. I’m… I’m just quite shocked]

I chuckled. “don’t be. It was bound to happen anyway, right?”

That call so short for our liking, even though our call ended at five in the morning, it still wasn’t enough. It just made me miss him more. It has been almost two weeks since then and Siwon has made extra efforts to be a good boyfriend despite the distance.

He’s been constantly sending me text messages, calling me every day, leaving me voice mails whenever I can’t answer his calls.

“still not correcting me?” Kris taunted and I just raised my eyebrow. He ‘tch’-ed and rolled his eyes on me. Really childish.

I felt my phone vibrating in my pockets and fished it out from there.

From : Kwon Ji Yong

Msg : hey, baby girl! I don’t have a schedule today. Wanna go grab some ice cream? ;)

I replied

Msg : wow, that’s rare! Your treat, right?

Ji Yong : well, of course. You’re my baby girl after all ;)

Me : how about Kyu and Hae? They’ll both be here with me in a few minutes

Ji Yong : I already informed them, they’ll take care of their selves. I’ll only treat you :p

Me : I suppose they can handle themselves

Ji Yong : where are you?

Me : same place

Ji Yong : ok :*

“boyfriend?” Kris asked eyeing me as I started packing my things. I shook my head and he raised an eyebrow.

“boy friend” I emphasized the space in between. Kris however showed his unfazed and bored look. “why did you even ask if you won’t listen to me after all?” I asked scrutinizing him. He shrugged and answered, “human nature. It’s human nature to be curious but that doesn’t mean I’m concerned like how you think”

“you really are a puzzle Yifan. I definitely cannot understand what’s going through you brilliant brain” I said exasperatedly.

“you don’t need to understand me, Miss Kim. You are not obliged” he answered.

It might be just me but I can definitely hear the hint of sadness and hurt in the way Kris answered me a little while ago.

“Yi-“ I was cut short when the discussion room door burst open and came my fashion forward friend, who miraculously had time to spare to be with us today.

“baby girl!” I shout with much happiness and excitement as he ran towards me. I was engulfed by his warm bear hug. “gosh! I miss you baby! I’m so sorry oppa just got the chance to visit you today. I’ve been pretty busy lately” he expressed as he continued to snuggle me like I was some fluffy teddy bear.

“ugh, please. Who are you trying to fool Kwon Jiyong? I know you’ve been running around like a Casanova so stop telling me those lies” I said as I pushed him away from me. He pouts and showed me his famous puppy eye plea.

“that won’t work on me” I dismissed him while chuckling as I looked away from him. My eyes then landed on the tall male who was still in front of me. He seemed to surprised seeing what was transpiring before him.

“Yifan, this is Kwon Jiyong better known as the G-dragon of the entertainment industry. Jiyong oppa, this Kris Wu an exchange student from China” I introduced them to each other.

“nice to meet you, finally, Mr. Wu. I’ve heard stories about you bothering baby girl here from Siwon, Hae and Kyu. I hope you ain’t doing that anymore, her boyfriend definitely will not- ugh!” Jiyong remarked and I had to elbow him so that he won’t continue to blabber any further.

“stop it” I glared and he mouthed, “what?”

“you don’t need to worry about your baby girl Mr. Kwon. I don’t have any interest in her, so you can tell your friend Mr. Choi that he can relax” Kris calmly answered while he stood up and grabbed his calc book. Kyuhyun and Hae then arrived. Donghae immediately raised his eyebrow as they saw Kris.

“well, I better be going then” Kris bid as he turned to Kyuhyun and Donghae. He walked pass

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter