To Be W/ You ~c~

Sober Hearts

Past is past. If you want happiness, don’t walk together with your past. It may be unforgettable, but the truth is, PAST IS JUST A LESSON. JUST LOOK BACK, BUT NEVER BRING IT BACK.

 

I can feel my cellphone ringing. I’m guessing that the girls are alarmed because of my absence right now. The bell has already rung, and I’m not in our classroom yet.

 

Honestly speaking, although there’s a part of me that wants to leave him here, there’s also a part of me that wants to stay and ask why. Maybe the reason why I’m still unable to move on from our already-torn-and-finish relationship is because I haven’t had the closure I wanted. Things between us ended with me being dumbfounded. It could have turned out better if both parties agreed upon the separation, but no. It was only him who decided to call an end to it. Never did it cross my mind to leave him.

 

Now, here he is, sweet talking me again. This is the main reason why I fell for him in the fist place. But not again. I will never fall for those sugar-coated words of his.

 

“Sica, could you spare me some of your time? Time, that’s all I want right now.”, he said with his pleading eyes.

 

I wanted some explanation and closure, right? Maybe this is it.

 

I just nodded in response to his question. Less talk, less mistake, right? His doing most of the talking here. I’m not the one who has a lot of explaining to do, so me talking is just a waste of saliva.

 

Thinking about it now, I nodded even before I thought of a reason to do so or even before I convinced myself that talking to him isn’t a bad idea.

 

It was that moment again when my body decides to do something even before my brain agrees to do so.

 

I saw a small smile grow on his face. I don’t know how to react to this situation, and how to exactly feel right now. There’s a side of me that wants me to be happy because I finally saw his smile after a long time. And also another side that wants to get mad, thinking that he has the guts to smile in front of me after everything that had happened.

 

Really, I don’t know what the right thing to do right now, so I just touched both sides of his lips that were forming a small curve, and erased the symbol of happiness that was plastered on his face.

 

I felt my heart thump because of that little interaction between my fingers and his lips. I  withdrew my hand as quickly as possible, that thumping is really uncomfortable.

 

“Can we go to another place to talk?”, he hesitantly asked.

 

“It depends on you. But there’s no one here anyway, except for us. That is if privacy is the reason for you asking me that question.”,  I said coldly without looking at him.

 

“Okay.”, he said in reply.

 

It was then followed by silence. The uncomfortable silence, the type that when you’re involved, you can sense that there is tension.

 

“You can talk now.” now that.. that was my impatient side talking.

 

“I’m sorry, Sica. I’m  sorry for leaving you. I’m sorry for hurting you. Believe it or not, I was always keeping an eye on you during those times you were hurting. You might not have seen me, but I saw you. I saw all the pain that you have gone through. There was a time that I couldn’t keep still anymore. I showed myself in front of you. It was when you got really drunk, so you may not remember.”

 

~FLASHBACK~

JAEJONG’S POV

 

I’ve been here in this bar from 7 in the evening, and now it’s already quarter to 12.

 

I have been silently watching her drown herself in liquor and reject guys trying to flirt with her. She was already tipsy, but she’s still asking for another bottle from the bartender.

 

My eyebrows raised when I saw a group of guys approach her. I didn’t like the vibes those guys were giving off. So, I stood from my chair and went a little closer to them, just in case they really do something wrong, I’ll be close enough to respond in time.

 

And just like what I predicted, they really were planning on doing something to her.

 

They surrounded her while she was sitting in one of the bar counter stool, and were holding both of her arms. Since she was already in the influence of alcohol, it made it her more vulnerable to those advantage-taker and erted guys.

 

I was observing them at first, checking their physique if I can handle beating them up or I would rather call the security, but based on their body structure, they’re just a bunch of boy-next-door-making-an-illusion-of-having-biceps-by-sewing-the-sleeves-tight. You get the idea.

 

So, I decide to deal with them by myself. Not to brag or anything, but while I’m training in our company, I’m also taking outside classes for martial arts. It’s gonna come handy.

 

Yeah, I beat them up. Honestly, they were lousy at fighting. When one of them fell, they just ran. But before they could go out of the bar, some of the bouncers  got a hold of them.

 

“Thanks for giving us a head start. We’ve been watching them, we were just waiting for the right timing. Thank you for saving Ms. Jessica. May we know your name so that when she comes here next time, we can tell her what happened.”, said one of the bouncers.

 

“Oh. No. It’s alright. Just tell her that one of her old friends came to rescue her from some erts.”, I said as I smiled to them.

 

I guess she has been a valued customer in this bar, hearing that even the workers here know her name and even watching here safety.

 

“And I already texted her friends, they said that they’re on their way here. Please keep watch of her until they come and pick her up. I’ll be leaving first.”, and with that, I bowed and left the bar.

 

~End of Flashback~

 

I can’t believe this. So he’s the guy I’ve been looking for everytime I go to the bar?

 

During those times I was also hating and longing for Jaejoong’s presence, I was also waiting for the guy who saved me to come back. It never crossed my mind that the two person I was searching for would only be one person.

 

The same person, but I have different feelings for--- extreme anger and extreme gratefulness.

 

And again, for the third time today, my mind got blown away.

 

Just because of the presence of this guy, my day had just gotten from bad to worst. So many misfortunes in one day. Could this get any worse? I just wish it won’t or else I would really lose it.

 

“Believe me, princess. I was always with you. And now I regret that I ever left you. Leaving you was one of the worst decisions ive ever made in my life. I know i chose the wrong path, I shouldn’t have chosen my career first before you. Fame didn’t mean much to me after leaving you. What’s the use of fame if the person that I treasure most is no longer mine? I guess I realized that too late already. So I came back here, leaving everything that I've worked for to fix...

 

 

Us."

 

He said those words while holding my hands and eyes locked to mine. I dont know anymore.

 

I don’t know what to believe anymore.

 

He has already given me enough pain to last a lifetime, and I don’t want to add more to it. But... there is sincerity in his words. i can see it in the way he looks. I can hear it in the way he speaks. I can feel it in his touch.

 

"Neaga michin goya.", I whispered to myself.

 

I really am going crazy. And even crazier by the moment.  I want to hit my head into a solid hard wall just to pass out and escape this situation that I am in right now.

 

But I can’t. Taeyeon always told me "hurting yourself physically when you’re experiencing emotional pain is not helpful. It only adds more pain."

 

So I’m trying to deal with this in the most harmless way. Where I can no longer hurt myself or hurt the people around me.

 

But how can I deal with this? I don’t have any idea.

 

"So tell me how you would do that.", I unconsciously blurted out.

 

Damn. I wish i could zip this mouth of mine during times like these.

 

I saw his face brighten up. When moments ago, his was facing down, now, it's facing me with a lightened expression.

 

I wanted to take it back. Saying that only means that I’m really giving him another chance.. another chance to play and break my already torn heart.

 

However, something is also stopping me from taking it back. Something in me is willing to face the consequences of giving him a second chance. The remaining uncrushed part of me is brave enough to hold on to the thought of us being together again.

 

"I don’t know exactly how to do if yet. But I assure you, I will do my best to gain your trust..

 

And love again."

 

There was this long, deafening silence that came after. With that silence, you can hear footsteps of people passing by outside the clinic.

 

( O . O )

 

Those fast-paced footsteps sounds so familiar. Those fast-paced high-heeled footsteps sounds really really familiar.

 

Omg. They're coming here.

 

I can’t let them see him. They'll kill him if they do. I know. They've already cursed him so much, and I couldn't imagine what they can do to him once they faced him.

 

I’m panicking. Where should I hide him? Under my skirt?

 

Wait.. WHAT?!

 

That's like.. the stupidest thing I’ve ever thought of. But damn! Where could I hide him?

 

 

 

*door swings open revealing 5 gorgeous ladies...