Rivals?

Sober Hearts

DONGHAE’S POV

It’s just two in the afternoon and I’m already here at our rendezvous. I’m too punctual, aye? Well, that’s just who I am.

 

Okay. My excitement isn’t all that obvious, right? No no. Excited isn’t the right word, I guess. I’m too.. anxious.

 

Here, let me tell you a secret.....

 

I didn’t have enough sleep last night. Or so I thought...?

 

Well, you probably know that feeling when you’re asleep, but there’s just so many thoughts that are bugging you mind that in the end, you’ll feel like you haven’t slept at all. Or that feeling when you’re mind is so tired, but you can’t shut your lids, you just stare at the dark, blank ceiling the whole time then you realize it’s already morning.

 

Something like that.

 

So I decided, that since my body isn’t responding to what my brain tells it to do, instead of forcing it, I might as well do something “productive”.

 

I spent the whole night wandering through my closet, looking for the best clothe I have. I don’t know why, but I had this feeling that I should wear something formal tomorrow. Formal ain’t the right term, sounds too much. It’s more of like...

 

 

Presentable?

 

So here I am now, wearing white long-sleeved top, matched with blue-gray denim pants.

 

Being the only one here, I got bored, so I scanned through the channels of the TV, but nothing good was on. Since I’m really bored, I scanned the stack of CDs placed beside the TV. I searched for some good albums and DVDs, but I spotted an unlabeled case.

 

Due to curiosity, I took it out of the stack and popped it in the player.

 

“Annyeong!”

 

“Annyeong!”

 

“Annyeong!”

 

Voices of girls greeting one after another escaped the speakers. I’m pretty sure I’ve heard those voices before. Those voices sounded so familiar, but I couldn’t find the face in my mind that would fit those voices.

 

“Hey there! Uhmm. A warning brought to you by a very beautiful young lady, that’s yours truly, before you proceed watching. After this short caution of mine, you’ll hear awful voices coming from awful people. So, you better get your eardrums ready!”

 

“Yaah! Awful voices, eh? Then the award for having the worst voice among us here goes to... tentenenen! The one and only you!!”

 

*blooogsh blaaap bloooogsh kablaaam!* [AN: Sorry for the ridiculous sound effect. Hahaha (^_^)v]

 

And there were random, indistinguishably loud shouts and thumps. It seems like they’re hurting each other right now. Wait. What?! They’re actually hurting each other physically? Well, based on what I’m hearing, they probably are.

 

“Enough. Enough playing around girls! So, let the singing begin! To start off, let’s begin with Romeo’s favourite girl and our Ice Princess, Jessica!”

 

Brain buffering....

 

Mwoh? Romeo’s favourite girl?

 

“Yah! Since when did she become his favourite girl and since when did she become his girl? As of what I could remember I’m his favourite girl.”, protested Hyoyeon.

 

Yeah! Since when did some she become his girl? As of what I could remember, she’s not anyone’s property. I don’t believe this.

 

So this is Jessica and the other girls? But urgggh!

 

What relationship does the two of them have? I mean, according to what I heard from Leeteuk, the girls don’t have any boyfriends . Taeyeon being the only exception.

 

“You should really accept the fact that I’m his fave girl, not you. Mwahaha! Aiigoo~ It’s an honor and a priviledge to be given that title. I feel so flattered. *chuckles* Romeo, if you’re listening to this, this is for you. DJ Ppany! Put it back up!”

 

This may sound gay, but this is like adding insult to injury. I’m feeling greater and greater pain as I continue listening to this. But her sweet voice is just so alluring that I  can’t put myself to stop.

 

“The title of the song I’m about to sing is Someday. Please take time to hear me out.”

 

“DJ Ppany, putting it on!”, said Fany.

 

[A/N: Here’s the link directing to the video for you to hear Sica’s actual voice. Her sister, Krystal, is the one accompanying her through playing the piano. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NHRFDGpcul4]

Call me crazy or whatever, but I felt this extreme anger inside me, and I don’t even know what’s the reason.

I searched for any possible reason, and only one popped in my mind. The thing I fear the most.

I..

I may..

I may be..

“Woah, dude! What’s with the angry face? Calm down, man.”

He was approaching me to maybe pat my shoulders to calm me down or something, but he stopped and gave me a teasing look.

 

“Ooh. You’re listening to Jessica. *teasing look* She has a very nice voice, right? *even more teasing look*”, he said.

 

“Shut up. You sound so gay, you know? Not that I have something about gays. And for your information, I didn’t know it was her until you told me.”

 

Maybe I go too preoccupied with my thoughts and her voice that I didn’t notice Siwon entering the room.

 

“Psh. How long have we been friends, Hae? You can’t lie to me, dude. I know when you’re not telling the truth or not.”, he said as he gave me a doubtful look.

 

That actually caught me off guard. Aiish! Our closeness is creeping me out right now.

 

“Alright, dude. Whatever. Think or believe whatever you want. There’s no point in arguing anyway.”

 

Learn from me. If you have friends that are as pushy as them, end a conversation like this without confirming nor denying anything.

 

He was laughing so hard when Jessie finished singing.

 

“Annyeonghaseyo! Now that Jessica is done singing, it’s my turn. Actually, I wanted to be the last one to sing, but my friends here made up a rule that English speakers should be the ones to sing first.”

 

Siwon froze as another voice spoke. In movies, there are such scenes that everything seems like they’re in mid air. Yes! That scene! It’s like it’s happening right now, but he still has a smile plastered in his face.

“Awww!! Look! Look guys! He looks oh-so-adorable! Looking down like he’s shy or something.”

 

Now I know that I’m not the only one in the world. I believe that my friend here is feeling the same thing I felt just moments ago.

 

I dare you guys! If you can paint Siwon’s face right now, I’ll give you a hug and a kiss.

 

[A/N: Okay, I’m first in line. I will try my best to paint his face. What does he look like? Lol.  Btw, here’s the link to the video where Fany is singing Call Me Maybe: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yjHVBzo_AgA XD]

 

Hmm. What does he look like? Well, let’s just say that it’s unpaintable.

 

But that facial expression shifted back to the previous one, the one having a smile.

 

“Alright! Alright! I’m singing Call Me Maybe, to brighten up the mood.”

 

Then, there was another sudden change of mood. Back to the one having an unpaintable face.

 

“This is for Romeo, my love. Hahaha.”

 

I’ve never seen so many shifts in facial expression like this before, not in a short period of time. All those from the moment Tifanny started talking up until she finished singing.

 

“Wow. You guys are here earlier than expected.”, said by a voice from the person who just walked in the door. “Hmm. You know you’re making your HDs obvious.”

 

“HD?!”, Siwon and I asked loudly in unison.

 

“H-D. Hidden Desires. You haven’t heard of that before, you sure? When were you guys born?”

 

“Yah! Eunhyuk! You realize that you sound so gay right now, do you? We’re men, we’re not supposed to talk like that.”, Siwon said.

 

“You are a gender-bias, dude. And Hyuk, what about you? We can also see your so-called ‘HD’. It’s just half past one and you’re also already here.”, I said.

 

“Well, Uhm... Whatever. Keep quiet. I want to listen to what you’re listening to also.”

 

Reasons..... ( - _ - )

 

*clap clap clap*

 

“Thank you for listening, guys and gals. Ooooooh. We have a guest here. Hyoyeon! Call Henry, let him join us.”

 

“Aye aye, captain Ppany! Henry-yah!”

 

“Ah. Annyeong noona. What are you doing right now?”

 

“Well, good thing that you’re here. We’re just hanging out and recording. And since you’re already here, can you do me a faor? Can you sing with us. Ooh! And that gives me an idea. Yuri!! What about doing a trio!”

 

“Brilliant idea, Hyo. Henry, is it alright with you? Aren’t we disturbing you?”

 

“Do I have a choice? I’m only doing this because I love you, Hyoyeon noona.”

 

“AWWWWWW!”, all the girls squealed.

 

“Awww. I also love you. You’re so sweet that I want to hug you.”

 

“Noona! Don’t squeeze me! I’m running out of breath.”

 

“You’re a bit exaggerating there. It’s not like I’m that strong.”

 

“Yes, you are.”            “No, I’m not.”             “Yes, you are.”            “No----”

 

“Stop it with the LQ-ing stuff. Its’ either we sing now or I’m not joining you guys anymore.”

 

“Psh. Ms. Stricty-pants.”, Hyoyeon and Henry said at the same time.

 

“Woah! Great minds do really think alike!”, still in unison.

 

“Another woah! This is---”, for the last time, they also said that in unison, until they were cut off by Yuri.

 

“Okay. I’m not singing with you anymore. You two do it yourselves.”

 

“Yah! Yuri. We were just amazed on how compatible we are with one another. Okay. Let’s begin.”

 

“So.... annyeong once again! We, Yuri, Henry and yours truly, are going to sing or rather, rap ‘I am’. Please take your time to listen to us up to the end.”

 

[A/N:. Here’s the link of video of Hyoyeon, Yuri and Henry singing (mostly rapping): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5BHL4dEZRFk . It’s an awesome performance, I tell you. ^_^]

 

* looks at Hyuk * *looks at Siwon*   *looks at Hyuk*          *then back to Siwon *

 

“HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!”, me and Siwon bursted laughing.

 

“Dude! Why the hell did you punch the wall?”

 

“What did the wall ever do to you? Did the wall do any wrong to you? Hahaha!”, Siwon said.

 

Eunhyuk just glared at us, but it didn’t even startle us for a bit. It only made us laugh even more.

 

“Moments ago, you were teasing us because we’re a little bit showy about our feelings, and now you’re...... HAHAHA! You’re really funny Hyuk!”

 

 

EUNHYUK’S POV

 

“Do I have a choice? I’m only doing this because I love you, Hyoyeon noona.”

 

“Awww. I also love you. You’re so sweet that I want to hug you.”

 

“Noona! Don’t squeeze me! I’m running out of breath.”

 

“You’re a bit exaggerating there. It’s not like I’m that strong.”

 

“Yes, you are.”            “No, I’m not.”             “Yes, you are.”            “No----”

 

“Stop it with the LQ-ing stuff. Its’ either we sing now or I’m not joining you guys anymore.”

 

“Psh. Ms. Stricty-pants.”, Hyoyeon and that guy said at the same time.

 

“Woah! Great minds do really think alike!”, still in unison.

 

“Another woah! This is---”, for the last time, they also said that in unison.

 

“Okay. I’m not singing with you anymore. You two do it yourselves.”

 

“Yah! Yuri. We were just amazed on how compatible we are with one another. Okay. Let’s begin.”

 

“So.... annyeong once again! We, Yuri, Henry and yours truly, are going to sing or rather, rap ‘I am’. Please take your time to listen to us up to the end.”

 

I’m already full that I couldn’t keep in the anger inside of me any longer. I want to kill someone right now.

The only way I can release this anger is by punching the wall.

I won’t say that I don’t understand this feeling because I know what this is. I’ve felt this several times before.

I know that I’m....

I’m feeling....

Je......

 

Jenelyd. Just kidding. Whoever that is. ;) And it doesn’t even make sense.