chapter 9

love.music.you.me

Kai was in pain when he fell off from the stage during their rehearsal but for fans that awaited them for hours, he endure the sore on his back and going up to the stage. After their concert ended, Kai cannot stand the pain anymore so he asks help from stylist noona to massage his back.  

When both of them are together, there are too many stories to talk about since they are best friend ever since Kai’s trainee days.

Suddenly Kai felt something hard hits him from the back. Both of them are overawed by this situation. When Kai turns his back, he saw Hyunsoo at the in front of the door and she is pouting. When he checked, Hyunsoo throws her shoe to him.

“Kyaah! What’s wrong with you?” Kai stand up and rub his back. The pain still doesn't fade away.

“I’m sorry. I didn’t mean it.” Hyunsoo close with her palm. She seems shocked with what she has done.

While the stylist noona still sitting in her seat and confused of what happened, Kai just go out and pulling Hyunsoo with him. Kai brings Hyunsoo into the store room and pushed her to the wall.

“You. I’ve already told you that I don’t want us to meet again. So what are you doing in front of me? What are you thinking by throwing me a shoe?” The distance between them is just a few centimeters. Either Kai or Hyunsoo can feels each other’s breath.

This makes Hyunsoo more nervous.

“It’s was an accident. I really didn’t mean it. I swear!” Hyunsoo stuttering. This is the second time they are too closed like this. The only difference is now Kai is fully awake and watching her closely.

For Kai, this is the first time he’d ever see such beautiful girl like Hyunsoo in this close distance. He study deeply Hyunsoo’s wide eyes, funny nose, love shaped lips. She really resembles D.O. 90 percent of her face is all from D.O’s. Day by day, he keeps falling love with the girl in front of him right now. No matter how hard he is denying the truth, he always loses in heart game.

‘No, this is wrong Kim Jongin. Stop it by now!’ His mind starts to prevent him from going too far away

Kai then loosen his grip on Hyunsoo shoulder. He backs off.

“You should go by now. Your brother’s waiting for you. “

“No! Shireo. Why are you always avoiding me Kim Jongin? What’s wrong with me? Do you really hate me?” This time, its Hyunsoo turn to block Kai by spreading her arms.

“I miss you. Jeongmal.. I really want you to sing for me. Can’t you at least do that for me? I know you didn’t like me as much as I like you but…” Before Hyunsoo could finish her words, Kai interrupt her.

“For your information, your brother is a vocal of group but I am not. I’m the dancer. Keep on dreaming and you will never move on in your life. I’m too busy and tired to entertain immature kid like you so get lost from my sight now.” Kai push Hyunsoo outside of the store room and told her to leave.

“I’m sorry. Jeongmal miannata Hyunsoo aahh.. I love you but I love my job more. You can find so many guys outside with your personalities and looks. So don’t bother me. I really can’t help myself from loving you more.” After Hyunsoo leaves, Kai fall on the floor and curse himself for being such a coward.

 Hyunsoo is too frustrated with him. She feels like Kai really hate her. Hyunsoo don’t have any moods to eat with them, so she decided to just go back. Hyunsoo take a walk by herself on the street of Hongdae, which she never does that before. Though it’s already midnight, Hongdae is alive. She could see so many bands and stalls along the street. Her mind still in lost actually so she doesn’t have any mood to eat or enter the shops. She thought maybe watching some band performance could relieve her stress. Unexpectedly, the vocalist of the band asks her to come to the stage and sang along with them. Maybe because of her looks and how she enjoyed the band makes him do so.

On stage, Hyunsoo feels bit nervous since she never sing in front of people before but the vocalist persuade her to have faith on what she would doing. Hyunsoo ask the guitarist to play the Miracle in December song; her brother song. She sings with full of emotion and close her eyes. Without she realize it, the tears flowing out.

While at the back stage where all the members are ready to eat meal box from Hyunsoo, D.O didn’t find his sister in every corner. He keeps asking the members whether they saw his sister or not.  More than an hour passed but still, Hyunsoo can’t be found.  D.O and Kai starts to worry. D.O asks everyone to eat first and he will find Hyunsoo. The problem is, his sister doesn’t own a phone! She just left without word and they can’t even go outside because of their status.

Tao like always uploading his selca after eats see something in his wall. Fans are uploading video which a girl singing MID song. Her face looks exactly like D.O.

“Guys, come here. See this!” Tao shows to everyone the video.

“This is Hyunsoo. Kyaah Kyungsoo. This is your sister! She’s on the video.” Xiumin call for D.O since he didn’t care at all on what Tao showed.

Kai was the first one who rushes and grab Tao’s phone.

“Where is this place?” Kai narrowing his eyes when watching the video to find any hint that he could knows.

“I think I know where this place at. If I’m not mistaking, this is Hongdae.” Chanyeol answers after him himself see the video. 

“Okay everyone. Let’s us back. Tomorrow all of you have another schedule so take this time to rest.” EXO’s manager comes to them and wants to bring them back to the dorm.

“Hyung! My dongsaeng! She’s trapped in Hongdae. She surely doesn’t know how to back home. Hyung chebal, let me find her” D.O almost tearing while appeal to his manager.

“No. Everyone go to the van. We will back to the dorm right now!” EXO’s manager firmly command them

  “Hyung chebal! Help me” D.O already kneeling

Everyone was moved by D.O. They know his life story, but they can’t do anything because of their job as idols.

“Okay then. Just don’t let this matter be known by fans and especially our company. So, do anyone who wants to come along?”

At last, every 12 members of EXO did helps in finding Hyunsoo. The rain was too heavy with lightning and thunder.

“Hyunsoo… She’s really afraid of lightning. Ottoke?” D.O can’t sit well in the van. He keeps look out the windows to check the rain.

“Hyung, mianhei. I’m the one who make Hynsoo leaves.” Kai really felt sorry about this matter.

D.O pretending to not hearing what Kai’s going to say. He knows already. He heard both of them talking in the store room 2 hours before. He can say nothing because he was the one who oppose and told Kai to back off and avoids Hyunsoo.

“We are already here! All of you guys, please covered up yourself and don’t ever give a chance to sasaeng to know who you are. Understand?” EXO manager gives them warning.

“Nae!”

Then every members of EXO split by two in groups and try to find Hyunsoo in every corner.  

‘Hyunsoo aah, please hold yourself. Oppa’s going to get you now. Be patient Hyunsoo aah’ D.O’s big eyes sharply scanning all surround him.

 ‘Hyunsoo. Mianhei…jeongmal miannata. Because of me, you lost here. We are all come to get you. Wherever you are, please come out’ Kai doesn’t care about anything. He just want to find Hyunsoo.

 


YOUR POV


“Oppa.. I’m afraid. Help me oppa.” All I can hear is sound of thunder rushing through my veins. The rain pours down heavily, soaking into my skin, I couldn't think of anything, my brain wasn't working on any level.

I can’t go back, I don’t know where I am and this place is too deserted. All of the shops are closed. My entire body trembles with fear as I couldn't stop myself from shaking.

“Oppa, help me.. “ Then I can’t feel my body.

Soon, darkness came over me.