chapter 7

love.music.you.me

Hyun Soo's POV


“Waahh..nomo maaa..” Baekhyun oppa slurping the last drops of doenjjang jiggae in his bowl loudly.

I gave him my sweetest smile as he did that. Which means halmeoni’s cooks are very delicious.Not to forget, I also helped halmeoni in cooking this afternoon.  So it also means that I’m the contributor in making this delicious meal!

“Oppa, try this. I made it you know” I serve all of them dubu salad that I made myself.

“Whooaa… Uri dongsaeng jjang!” Chanyeol oppa thumbs up after taste my salad.

“ Jijja oppa?” I’m so delighted. I’m not expecting they will like my salad because this is first time I made it with halmeoni’s help.  

Everyone nods their head while continuously eating my dubu salad. I’m very satisfied. Kyungsoo oppa also seems happy and proud of me. He winked and I’m laughed. The environment is so nice until Kai comes and joined us in at table. He sat opposite of me.

Oh my god! Ottoke?

My heart beats suddenly increases it's speed. Suddenly the table became awkward.   No, not the whole table, only me! I can’t even lift my face because when I do, automatically I’ll imagine the ‘scene’ in the bedroom. I blushed as I kept my head down.   

Kai looks so normal. How can he do that after what he has done to me? Didn’t he has a bit of shame? Aigoo…

Omo! Our toe touch!

Kai who eats silently from just now chokes while my cheek reddened. It seems like our toes are accidentally touches. But why my heart can’t stop beating?

“Kyaah…Now when I look at it, your face is really identical. Hyung,  you can even wear a wig and everyone will call you Hyunsoo. Hahahha. “ Sehun’s voice saved me from any more blushing. I lift my face and looked at Sehun.

“Of course! We are sibling after all” i tried to smile to cover about how nervous I am.

“But if we look at Hyunsoo once again, she’s more resembles Minseok hyung” Chanyeol interrupted us.

Now everybody’s focus is on Xiumin oppa. He gives us his smiling eyes and bloating his baozi cheek. Wah, Umin oppa is so cute. I feel like pinching his fat cheeks.

“No, I think Hyunsoo’s eyes, nose, mouth resembles Kyungsoo but her face is totally Minseok’s hyung. Didn’t you agree?  Halmeoni, what say you?” Baek oppa gives his point to the table.

Halmeoni nods to show that she is agree with Baek oppa. Kyungsoo oppa also acknowledge it after scanning our faces several times. Me? I’m not so sure. I’m never observing my face in front of mirror. So I don’t know if what they are saying is true or not.  Let’s just see when I came back home. I’ll put pictures of them in front of mirror and compare it with my face. Hahaha

“Then, I can be your oppa too. Isn’t Kyungsoo?” Xiumin oppa look at me and smiles.

“Oh, sure you can” Kyungsoo oppa gives his permission.

Yes! Now I have two oppas. But, if it isn’t the case, I’m already thought of them as my brothers since Kyungsoo oppa once said to me that he loves s so much and feels them as his own siblings. Oppa’s siblings are my sibling too then.

  “I don’t want to be your oppa as brother, but your boyfriend. Can i?” Baek oppa winked me and give me naughty smile. I’m blushed harder this time.

“Me too!” Chanyeol oppa and Sehun talks at the same time. Aish.. Why are they like this? They are too handsome for me to handle.

Seeing me looking so blank, Xiumin oppa fed three of them the dubu salad.

“Kyahh all of you, just eat this and keep quiet”

“Good job hyung. You really did your responsibility on your dongsaeng” Kyungsoo oppa gives ‘high five’ to Xiumin oppa.

All of us laugh so hard except for a person in front of me. He’s looking so serious after Baek oppa said like that. Suddenly Kai stand up and leaves the dining table. He wash he’s own plate and entered the room. Ten minutes later, Kai left the house, he said nothing to all of us. I didn’t even have a chance talk to him.

“Oppa, where is Kai going? Why he didn’t eat my salad? Is it so bad?” I ask Chanyeol oppa.

“No, your salad is the best! Don’t bother him. He is really like that. Now it’s time for him to practice.” Chanyeol oppa reply me while bites an apple in his hand.

Oohh.. But why I feel like Kai is avoiding me? I just wanna have a talk with him. To say thanks about everything that he has done to me. Ah, I should follow him. He must be not go so far by now.

“Oppa, do you all want some coke? Or snacks? It's still early. All of you didn’t have any schedule tomorrow morning right?”

Oh God, please let them want some drinks or whatsoever. I want to go after him. Hurry please my oppa!

“That would be nice. It has been too long for us to drink together like this. Okay, let’s us drank tonight!! It will be on me.” Chanyeol oppa like always with his bright face persuades all the oppa.

When all the oppa place their orders, I volunteer to buy and they seems okay since idols cannot go out as they like though.

“Hyunsoo, wait, let me give you the money.” Chanyeol oppa blocks my way to give me the money.

No, it’s going to be too late. Kai will be gone then.

“It’s okay oppa, I’ll just use mine. You can pay me later.” I ran from the dorm and rushed to downstairs. I don’t have enough time to catch him if I wait for the elevator.

Running from sixth floor to the ground is not easy for people who rarely run like me. In fact it has been 12 years since I last run. Here me now, running while wearing skirt..

 There is Kai! He is starting his car now. I must hurry!

“Kyaah Kim Jongin, wait for me!” I’m panting heavily

I knocked on the window and he surely shock seeing me in front of him right now. He let me into his car. Before he opens his mouth, I start first.

“Kyaah Kim Jongin, you…” I can’t catch my breath right. I still was panting.

“What’s wrong with you?” Kai shows me his jerk face

“Wait, let me breath first.” After about 10 seconds, I continue, “Why are you avoids me?”

“Me? No.. Who says so?” I saw his eyes avoid me and he is stuttering.

“I might not know people but I can sense you are lying right now, Jongin” I staring him

“Go away if you don’t have anything important to say. I’m busy right now, and please, call me Kai. Being a sister of my friend does not mean that you can call me by my name. “Kai said seriously.

“Wait a minute Kai. I just want to say thank you to you. That’s all. Thank you for treating me nicely when I’m still live in depressed way and always sang for me. Thanks for brings me back to the world. Thanks for everything.” I’m sincerely thanked him for all kind he’s doing. Then I open the car’s door and go out. It’s enough for the day. And I can’t stay too long. My heart doesn’t know how to breathe rightly each time I confront with Kai and it’s not because of running. I know.

“Wait, how do you know I’m the one who sang for you?” Kai puzzled

“I may not talk and watch you all the times. But I’m not deaf. Yeah, you right. I know the surrounding. And I know, in these past 12 years, oppa has always sung, making jokes and doing everything for me. It’s just me who always build a barrier within me and the world outside. I force myself to close my hearing, my mouth, even my sight so that I will not create any bad luck again. But, it doesn’t go with the plan. That’s why sometimes I will scream and angry to myself. Thanks to you, I know the meaning of life now.”

“You already recover now. So you don’t need me anymore. Live your life well. Now, go” Kai coldly told me off. My heart throbbed.

“I didn’t finish yet. I want you to always sing for me. Like that time. “ He drove away from me while I’m still here, rumbling on and on,alone.