chapter 5

love.music.you.me

Now everyone is staying still in the living room. They still in shock because of what happen. Even right now from the outside, your screaming and crying can still be heard from outside. 

"All of you can back now. I'm sorry for what happen." told D.O to all s which still clueless about the situation.

Of course. They do not know anything. They just follow the Kai's plan to make a surprise birthday party to D.O's dongsaeng.

"Kai, you too. Just let me handle her alone. She needs me jigeum dangjang." D.O was going to enter the room before Kai first take his way

Kai pulls your hand and brings you out from your room. You did try to loosen your hand by pulling it back but Kai's strength is not just a word

"Kai! What are you thinking you're doing now?" D.O is yelling him. He is seriously stunned by Kai's unexpectedly act.

Kai pretends to not hear anything. He just pulls your hand and take you out from the house. You try to put pressure on him by damning your body down to the ground but it doesn't effect Kai's strength at all.

In some quiet place, he drops you down. Yeah, you struggle to get loose of him until at some point, he just cannot stand and lift up your body on his shoulder. You could see all green grass on your surroundings. 'So, this was the world'. It has been so long since you're going out of your room. But it's not that important. What is your concern right now is the guy in front of you. Why out of the hell he brings you here?

You give him a stare. Your rounded eyes become bigger. You want an explanation from him. Though you don’t say anything, you really hope he knows what are you try to talk.

 

Author’s POV

“Kyaah Hyun Soo! Now it’s the time for you to wake up! Wake up from your own fear, your own prison. It’s already 12 years Hyun Soo ah. Enough is enough. Stop putting all the blames on yourself!”

Kai express his resentful to a girl in front of him right now. For year, he tried to understand her and be like D.O, a friend for her. But all his effort seems meaningless after a scene made by her half an hour ago

From a distance, Kai could see D.O approaching them slowly. His face was full of worried.

“You build a wall in your heart. Then you live in your wall by yourself. You pretend to not hear, not to see, not to feel. Oh wait, how come you can do all these kind when you yourself live with your nightmare 12 years ago?”

Kai could see tears from Hyun Soo’s eyes but he must continue. He needs to awake her. Things have been dragged for a long time.

“Kim Jongin!! What are you thinking you’re doing right now huh? She’s my sister!” D.O exploded

“Shut up! I want to realize her!  Want her to break down the wall she made up for herself. She needs to know the reality now that things cannot be changed even she do this till the end!” Kai said seriously

“Aargghh!!!!” Hyun Soo screams again.  

“Kyah you!” D.O can’t stand his anger. He punches Kai’s face with his fist. First time ever he had landed his fist to anyone.

Kai can feel warm blood flowing from his mouth. It’s hurt, but never makes him feels to stop. Instead, he pulls Hyun Soo and facing her.

“Can’t you see how much he loves you? For God sake Hyun Soo! He endured all his pain alone for these years. He would do everything for you but why can’t you even feel it? He gives up his laughter, his own happiness for you. Of course, you didn’t know about it because every time when he is with you, he keeps smiling like nothing happen.” Kai stopped for a while, give him a break for a minute because he’s trying hard to hold back his tears seeing D.O’s face.

“Look at me, Hyun Soo.” Kai holds Hyun Soo’s cheek so that she could face him.

“In this world, there are full of colours. Some may be dark and you didn’t like it, but after all, there must be colourful like a rainbow after darkness fades. That is life. You can’t stop at one point. Our journey is longer than you might think. Your parents must be sad looking at you and your brother. Come back please Hyun Soo. Everyone is missing you. Halmeoni, Kyung Soo and me..” the last two words only said by him in his heart.

Hyun Soo can’t hold more her tears. She hugs his brother and sobbing.

“Oppa!!” first word came from her clear mind after 12 years

“Hyun Soo. My dongsaeng!” D.O also cried hard. He is never expects this.

“Oppa, I’m very sorry. I’ve been burden you all this time. I miss you so hard oppa.”

“It’s okay dear. I’m never feeling like that. You are my dongsaeng after all. I love you so much” D.O wiped the tears from his face, trying to calm his heart.

D.O makes an eye contact with Kai who watch them from aside. Kai’s eye looks teary. Quickly, he wipes off before D.O can see it. D.O’s eyes send thank you to his best friend. Kai understands. He nods. Then slowly, he makes a leave.  Kai does want to give them some time. It’s like Hyun Soo is coming back from death for D.O.

Kai smiles as he walks away from them. Pain around his mouth doesn’t feel hurt anymore.

‘’Great job Kim Jongin!” He said to himself and proudly. Suddenly he feels very hungry. Quickly he back to D.O’s house because halmeoni already making them a food.