chapter 8

love.music.you.me

Author's POV


The practice room is loud with song of ‘Baby Don’t Cry’ and there’s a man who is passionately dance through this song as his feeling was belong with the meaning of it. The songs keep replays few times and he dances so many times. Without Kai realize, there was someone who watching him for a long time in front of the door. Slowly he walks into the room and shut off the song. Kai turns back and he saw Taemin giving stare on him. He reaches his water bottle and quickly glups it down in a flash, he walked to the corner on the dance room as he saw Taemin coming to sit next to him.

“What’s wrong with you? Got anything to share with me?” Taemin ask him

“Where are you from? Rooftop?” Kai doesn’t answer his best friend but ask him another question.

“Like you don’t know where’ve I am been.” Taemin sarcastically answered

“Hmm.. it’s must’ve been fun being a sunbae. To be exact, free to date and going out with yoja.” Kai jerk his eye brow. He sighed.

Today, he is very jealous with Taemin. Not because Taemin’s dance but because of girl things. Taemin can go out and date freely with Naeun, member of A Pink after they’ve announce their relationship to public. Their president only allows the idols under SM Entertainment to announce their relationship to public after 6 years of contract and that’s subjected with strict conditions. They can’t simply date with common girl or their own fans.  They can only date with idol among themselves.

“So you’re telling me you want to date? Or you do have a girl that you like?” Taemin guessing

Kai’s silent give the answer to Taemin. He knows his best friend

“Tell me who that lucky girl is. The one that changed my brother’s frozen heart.” Taemin point his finger on Kai’s chest

“D.O’s dongsaeng.”

“Jinjja?” Taemin’s eyes rounded. “So go! Confess to her.” Taemin happy to see his friend changed

“Maybe you forgot but I still remember our contract. Last time, she avoids me and I’m always finding the way to approach her. Now, it’s vice versa.” Kai sigh. This is not what he wants. 


Hyunsoo/Your POV


Aahh!! I’m so boring. What should I do now? Halmeoni is taking an afternoon nap in her room. But I’m not sleepy at all. I want to cook but now no mood at all. Hmm.. What should I do?

Suddenly my mind recalled my discussion with Kyungsoo oppa last week;

“Hyunsoo, it’s been almost two month since you recover. Do you have any plan to do with your future? I mean, you should think by now my dear. You can’t just simply live under halmeoni. You need to learn how to independence. How bout if you continue your study?” Kyungsoo oppa gives me slow talk at our home when he comes back from his dorm

“No, I don’t want to study! I’m already 20. To be in school in this old..shireo! “ I pouted and shook my head.

“Why dear?” Kyungsoo oppa doesn’t angry but he approach me kindly

“I can’t write, nor can read. What do you expect me to be? Should I study in school for ten years? I will be too old then. Andwae, no! shireo oppa..” Out of nowhere, I felt tears rushing down my flushed cheeks. Such a weak girl I am. I'm so angry with myself

“Shh.. don’t cry dear. Oppa just ask. It’s okay Hyunsoo if you don’t want to go to school. Oppa will not angry.” Kyungsoo oppa pat my head and bring me to his lap. He tries to calm me down.

“Oppa, I don’t want go to school please.” I sobbing against his chest while sitting on his lap

“Okay, I will never force you doing what you hate. But dear, don’t you have a dream? Don’t you want to have a friend?”

I know, oppa really worried with me because of how’s my life in these two months. I don’t have single friend or even anyone to hang out with.

To the end of day, I don’t give specified answer to oppa.I don't even know my own dream. Oppa ask me to give a serious think about my future. He also asks me if I’m interested in becoming an idol or ulzzang. Me as idol and ulzzang? Ha ha ha... I hate being people’s attention, and I don’t like fame. I know oppa also like me in the past but since he needs to find alternative way to feed us, becoming an ulzzang is the only way. Now, he seems happy with his career. While me as his sister still dreams in the air. Huh..

-End of flashback-

 Why today is so boring? Hmm.. let’s just watch cooking show in TV.

*click click click*

*sigh*

Hmm… There’s no interesting show in TV. Oh wait. Isn’t today EXO going to have their comeback?

I click on KBS channel and coincidentally EXO is the next one to stand on the stage. I’m so nervous. Hope all the oppa can get through this. Hope EXO oppa can do well. I watch them excitedly. Their song is surely daebak! With Kyungsoo oppa’s powerful voices helped by Baek and Chen oppa makes EXO really stand out on the stage. 

Waah.. Their appearance is so cool. Kyungsoo oppa is so handsome with his hair and nice suits. Same goes with Kai. Today he is so handsome not like other oppa on the stage. His hair, and the way he wear his suit. Then Kai strip on the stage, showing part of his chocolate abs.

Omo! Ottoke? He is so handsome… I’m melting with him

Suddenly I got a dream. It must be great to make hairstyle for oppa and Kai. They just need to sit down and I will be the one that makes them shine on the stage. I want to be the only one who touches my Kai.

Damn! What I’ve been thinking of!

I hit my head for the fault of thinking so much. But really, maybe that’s the only way that makes them keep sang a song to me. Oppa now is so busy with his work and got no time to sing for me. Kai? There’s been so long I don’t meet him. He always creates excuses to avoid me. I really hate that part of him.

I heard the phone rang song I rushed to table. In this house, we only have cable phone. We don’t even have smartphone like I always see on the dramas. That’s not a matter. I don’t even know how to use them.

“Yoboseyo, Hyunsoo speaking.”

“Hyunsoo, its me, oppa” I heard Kyungsoo oppa’s voice and I scream happily. I miss him so much!    

“Oppa want to invite you to our concert. You must be boring just staying in the house right? So, come!”

Go to concert? Oh My God! I’ve never go to concert even though my brother is an idol.

“Of course, I’d love to go!” I can’t hide my excited feeling and oppa heard me so he laughs

“Okay, then see you there. Sorry oppa can’t fetch you because I’ve got rehearsal.”

“It’s okay oppa. I’ll be there by taxi.” I convinced him so that he wouldn’t worry too much

Just after we hang up, I go to the kitchen, prepare some dinner for all my oppa. Halmeoni wake up from loud that I made at the kitchen so she asked me what I’ve doing

“Oppa invites me to go to his concert tonight.” I smile brightly

Halmeoni help me with kitchen work and dressed me out. She picked a wonderful dress for me to wear at the concert and makes my hair. After satisfied with my look and make sure I’m bringing all the food for them, I walk out from the house and ride a taxi to the place.

With help of Kyungsoo oppa, I managed to go enter their makeup room. I can see how busy they are in preparing for the concert.  Though they are being makeup by stylist, I can see some of them still practicing their song, including my oppa. Of course, he is main vocal of the group. I didn’t see Kai anywhere in the room. Then, oppa ask me to wait in the waiting room before going to the main hall for the concert. They can’t eat before doing the show or else they will lose their shape by what Chanyeol oppa said. So I just hand in the meal box to Kyungsoo oppa and ask him to eat together after the concert end

This is my first time going to concert but this was the best one for me. EXO’s performance is just too amazing. My character of noble girl fades out in the hall. I’m no longer Do Kyungsoo dongsaeng, but I’m D.O fan. To be exact, I’m EXO fan. My throat feels pain after two hours screaming for them.

After the concert end, I go to back room where all EXO members gather together. I want to eat with them. I opened the makeup room’s door then I saw something unexpected in front of me. Kai is shirtless while being massage on his shoulder by a girl. Both are giggling and keep talking. I can see how seduced that girl by what she wore. Not like me. I can feel my heart burning with fire. Hot, but It’s more like hurt. I dont know that girl but i really hate her...