Chapter 5

Saving Cinderella
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Exactly before the sun rose, KyonDae woke up from her sleep. Her arm still hurt so badly and her head throbbed a little due to the perfume bottle that was thrown at her by ChungAe. In addition, of having to sleep on a thin mattress on the floor just made it worse. Man, what kind of perfume did she use?

KyonDae quickly washed up and put on her school uniforms. Once she was done, she prepared breakfast for the whole family even though they were still sleeping. It was already her duty for years. She cleaned the house a little before going back to her room, to prepare SoRa before sending her to MyungHee’s house. After she had changed SoRa into new clothes, KyonDae lifted SoRa up, who was still asleep too. KyonDae put on SoRa’s sweater around her and didn’t forget her dolly. She grabbed her old school bag on the chair and quietly walked out of the house, making her way to MyungHee’s house.

Since it was only 6:30am, the weather was chilly and cold. SoRa, who was cradled by KyonDae snuggled to her closer as the cool breeze touched her skin. She snuggled closer to KyonDae, hoping to get warmer. KyonDae sighed and felt sympathy towards her sister. “This sweater can no longer keep you warm, SoRa ah.”

Once she reached the front door of MyungHee’s house, the door opened without her having the chance to knock, revealing MyungSoo’s figure and his messy bed hair. He grinned when he saw KyonDae. With a yawn and a little scratch on his head, he greeted KyonDae. “Morning, KyonDae.” KyonDae nodded and let out a soft chuckle. “Did you just wake up, oppa?”

MyungSoo nodded and he grinned wider while taking SoRa from KyonDae, carefully not to wake her up. “Let me get this princess in first. It’s cold.” Just as MyungSoo went back inside with SoRa, MyungHee appeared next while putting on her shoes. “Hi KyonDae! Let’s go.” MyungHee said while linking her arms with KyonDae. “Oppa, we’re going!” MyungHee said while closing the door.

“Okay! You girls better be careful, alright?” MyungSoo replied in his sleepy voice and not to forget with a yawn at the end.

MyungHee and KyonDae laughed and walked side by side to school. Their journey was filled with MyungHee talking nonstop about MyungSoo who tried teaching her to learn the guitar yesterday and MyungHee ended up getting scolded a lot of times by MyungSoo. Their lesson then turned into a fight as MyungHee questioned MyungSoo on why didn’t he have any patience when teaching her but he managed to handle his temper very well when he was teaching other peoples’ kids.

“It’s ridiculous and weird, you know? I’m his sister and yet he scolded me like there’s no tomorrow! I told him many times yesterday that it was my first time learning and it was his job as a teacher to help me get it right. I also asked him how come he can teach his students without having them to feel scared or wanting to run away from his temper. The only reason he gave me was, ‘You’re my sister. You’re different.’ ” KyonDae smiled as she listened to MyungHee’s story.

MyungHee and MyungSoo were always like that. They always bickered and got on each other’s nerves, but no doubt, that they were very close as well. There were only the two of them at home and since they were small, they did a lot of stuff together. They loved each other like other brothers and sisters should, even though they never said it out loud.

There were times when KyonDae felt jealous with the bond between MyungHee and MyungSoo. KyonDae’s stepsisters never treated her as one of the family members. They thought of her as a slave instead, and also the family’s income. KyonDae had no idea why her stepsisters hated her to the core. She didn’t do anything to them at all. KyonDae still remembered the first day her father brought her stepmother and stepsisters home. All three of them looked at her with full hatred and treated KyonDae as if she was some trash.

KyonDae was furious about it at first; but knowing that she cannot do anything and she was afraid that they would hurt SoRa instead; KyonDae just endured it all.

“Yah! KyonDae ah!” KyonDae’s thoughts disappeared as she heard MyungHee calling her. KyonDae looked at MyungHee and frowned when she saw that MyungHee’s eyes were looking somewhere else. KyonDae followed her gaze and noticed that MyungHee was looking at her arm, the one that was injured due to the hot iron done by ChungAe.

“Who did this, Park KyonDae?!” MyungHee shouted. Luckily, there were not many people around and they already reached the school gate. MyungHee grabbed KyonDae’s arm and took a closer look. Her face was full with anger and her eyes looked so sad.

“Haish, KyonDae ah. This must hurt so much, huh?” MyungHee asked again. KyonDae only nodded and patted MyungHee’s hand. “It’s okay. It hurts but it is okay.” KyonDae assured her.

MyungHee shook her head as she didn’t want to hear it. Instead, she took KyonDae’s hand and walked inside the building. They went to the stairs and made their way to the rooftop, their usual hangout. They had a lot of time before the first bell rang.

“MyungHee ah, why are we here?” KyonDae asked as they reached the rooftop. MyungHee led them to the back side of the rooftop, where their usual spot was. They liked the back side of the rooftop most, as it faces the view of a beautiful pond not far from their school. KyonDae liked to be there sometimes as it was the only place that will keep her calm every time her stepsisters said bad things about her to other students.

“It’ll get worse that wound. Come, I’ll help you treat them, yeah?” MyungHee said as they sat. She opened her bag pack and took out some medicines and cottons for KyonDae’s arm. “It is okay, MyungHee ah. I can do it later.” KyonDae said.

“It’s okay. I can do it for you.” MyungHee insisted as she rolled KyonDae’s sleeves up and carefully dabbed the injury with the cotton that had medicine on it. Once in a while KyonDae would flinch but she tried not to let any sound escaped from .

“What would I ever do without you, MyungHee...” KyonDae mumbled. MyungHee looked up at her and smiled. “Of course you can’t survive. You really need MyungSoo oppa and me in your life. That’s why you can’t go anywhere that doesn’t include us.” She said playfully. KyonDae slapped her arm and smiled. “Yah! Don’t disturb me! I’m mending your wound here!” MyungHee pretended to scold her and KyonDae sat quietly again, letting MyungHee tend to her wound.

“Why is it always me to arrive at school the earliest? It’s either I’m too excited for school every day or the other five are just lazy to wake up early.” L.Joe mumbled to himself as he entered the classroom. True, he was early that day. Well, not just that day but also since his first day there actually. He was just used to it when he was studying in Australia.

He had no idea that the rest of TeenTop were actually sleeping by the time he reached school until his second day there. He called one of them which happened to be Niel and asked him where he or the others were. He was a bit shocked after that as Niel told him that he and the others were still at home and asked L.Joe why was he so early.

He did try not to come too early but he just can’t help it. He felt guilty if he came a little bit late to school.

“What should I do now ... none of my friends are here yet and there is no one here as well. Should I make friends with the tables and chairs instead?” L.Joe asked himself. He was bored and did not know what to do until the bell rang.

After a few minutes, L. Joe decided to walk around the school. He didn’t really have the chance to explore the whole school yet and that morning he decided to just walk around on the same floor. He found a few interesting rooms which he didn’t notice before. “Music room? Cool.” L.Joe said and made a mental note to enter the room later with the other boys.

As he was walking, L. Joe noticed the stairs that led to the rooftop. “I’ve never been to the rooftop yet. Wonder what the view is like from up there.” L.Joe said to himself as he walked up the steps. “I guess I’m too bored, huh, as a re

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter