Chapter 2

Saving Cinderella
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Morning KyonDae!” KyonDae shifted her gaze from the scenery outside the window to the owner of the voice who called her name. It was Kim MyungHee, her one and only friend. MyungHee was smiling as usual while taking off her bag pack and sat beside KyonDae. The school session hadn’t started yet and they were among the earlier ones to arrive at school.

MyungHee or Kim MyungHee, was the only person in the school who knew about her life. MyungHee was someone special to KyonDae as since the first year of high school, MyungHee was her best friend and was always there for KyonDae. Despite KyonDae's thick wall that prevented anyone to be friended her including MyungHee, MyungHee managed to break the wall through and became KyonDae's best friend until now. She had been KyonDae’s seatmate for years and no matter what the school said about KyonDae, MyungHee never left her side as she knew what KyonDae had been through.

KyonDae tried to smile as MyungHee looked at her and MyungHee, whose smile never left her face, gasped and her face was full of worry when she looked at KyonDae properly.

“KyonDae ah! You look so pale! Are you okay? Did they hurt you anywhere again? No what am I saying. They hurt you every day!” MyungHee exclaimed as she cupped KyonDae’s face. She already knew that if something was wrong with KyonDae, it had to be due to something that happened at her home. No need to ask more. Once her hands were in contact with KyonDae’s skin, MyungHee jerked her hands back.

“You’re having a fever, KyonDae!” MyungHee exclaimed as she started to worry. “What happened? How come you suddenly have a fever? You were fine yesterday! Tell me quick.” MyungHee urged KyonDae to tell her what happened and how did she suddenly get a fever.

“They ... left me outside when it was raining last night. I was drenching the whole night.” KyonDae explained. Her voice was low and only MyungHee could hear her. Typical KyonDae. She didn’t really talk to others and the person she talked to the most was MyungHee and yet she didn’t really say a few sentences much. And her fever made it worse as she could hardly feel any energy running in her veins.

“They left you outside the whole night?! When it was freaking pouring?! What about SoRa? Is she okay?” MyungHee kept asking as she tried not to say them out loud. KyonDae nodded weakly upon MyungHee’s questions. She tried not to mention about her being tied to the front gate as she was sure MyungHee would grow furious.

“Don’t worry. I’m fine. SoRa's fine too. They did not do anything to her. Guess they forgot that she was inside the house yesterday. Luckily it was just me.” KyonDae assured her, even though she was feeling a bit dizzy as her body’s temperature was higher than usual.

“Don’t lie. I know you’re not fine. How can you be fine when you’re having a temperature? But thank God they didn't do anything to the poor angel.” MyungHee said while reaching inside her bag pack. She took out a bottle of pills and handed it to KyonDae. “Swallow this. Only one tablet. It will help to reduce your fever.”

KyonDae took them and started to swallow them with some help from MyungHee. KyonDae always had trouble swallowing pills and if MyungHee didn’t watch her taking the pills, KyonDae would throw them away.

“There’s still a few minutes before the bell rings. Sleep first, KyonDae.” MyungHee rubbed her shoulder as she advised her to take a short sleep first. As MyungHee’s hand touched KyonDae’s shoulder, she winced. MyungHee’s eyebrows met and she observed this friend of hers. “Park KyonDae.” MyungHee called as she could smell something fishy. She didn't even hit KyonDae's shoulder hard and was just basically rubbing it but the girl winced as if MyungHee used a lot of force on it.

“I’m fine, don’t worry. It’s nothing. I think I fell off my bed and hit my shoulder.” KyonDae said again and tried to smile. She knew MyungHee won’t buy her lie hence she quickly buried her face in her arms and tried to have a short nap before the bell rang. Her head was throbbing but luckily it wasn’t that unbearable. She was hoping that by the time the lesson started, her headache would be gone so she could concentrate on the lesson.

MyungHee sighed as she watched KyonDae slowly drifting to sleep. She softened as she looked at her poor friend. She knew that KyonDae lied when she said she fell off from her bed because KyonDae didn’t have a bed of her own. At home, KyonDae only slept on a thin mattress she shared with her little sister. MyungHee knew well enough who would hurt her and caused her shoulder to hurt. But she knew better than to dwell on it since there was nothing she could do about it.

“You’re the reason why I transformed my school bag into a first aid kit as well, you know.” MyungHee mumbled to herself before opening a book to read and let KyonDae sleep.

“Good morning class. Today is a very fortunate day for us as we have a new student in our class.” Said the teacher during the first lesson of the day. KyonDae seemed a bit better after taking the pill and having a nap. Her head was less dizzy but her temperature was still about the same. Well, it didn’t matter to her as long as she can still focus in class.

“You heard that? A new student in our class.” MyungHee whispered to KyonDae and the girl only nodded. All eyes shifted to the front door to see the new student as they were excited to have a new classmate. It wasn't every day that they get to have a new student in their class.

“Class, this is Lee ByungHun. Your new classmate.” The teacher said as she motioned her hand towards the door where all eyes followed.

L.Joe entered the class with a smile and stood in the middle before bowing to the rest of his new classmates. “Hello, everyone. My name’s Lee ByungHun but you can call me L. Joe. I’m new here so I hope you can look after me as well.” He introduced himself as he looked at everyone in the class and seemed to be relieved that they were accepting his presence well.

Most of the students in the class didn’t blink even for a second once they caught the sight of L. Joe entering their class. They seemed to be stiff and was mesmerised by L. Joe’s good looks especially his flaming red hair. The girls seemed to have hearts sparkling in their eyes while the boys scoffed a little among one another as they sensed a new competition among them.

L.Joe rubbed the back of his neck as he let out a nervous chuckle. Way too accepting.

“ByungHun, you can sit beside Oh SeHun. The sleeping boy who always dozes of in my class. Do me a favour by trying to keep him awake, please. And another thing Mr Lee, red hair is not allowed in this school.” The teacher said. L.Joe smiled sheepishly before bowing politely to his teacher and made his way to his seat. Next to the sleeping boy.

L.Joe tried to ignore the stares and glances h

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter