Chapter 12

Saving Cinderella
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Hey, have you guys heard about the latest news?” A girl asked her two friends. The second girl looked at the first girl with a frown and asked back, “News? What news? The last time I heard about the latest news was regarding Mr. Lee was sent to the hospital due to food poisoning.”

The first girl shook her head and looked around her. “Not that news! It’s about the famous brat, Park KyonDae!”

The third girl’s eyes widened in amusement and at the same time portrayed a look of disgust once her friend mentioned the name. “Oh, that brat. The poor twins’ stepsister. What about her?” How can they say the twins poor? If they were that pitiful than they wouldn’t have said anything bad about other people right? Clearly, the students who believed what they said were fooled by their pathetic appearance by showing everyone their sad faces and always looked hurt whenever they were talking bad about KyonDae.

“Well, I heard that she actually doesn’t know where her real mom is and her birth was because ... well, you know.” The first girl said while still looking around, as if trying to spot whether KyonDae was nearby. It was very silly of her, really. She was brave enough to talk behind her back but scared if the said person was around the area.

“How do you know this?!” The second girl asked. They were starting to get more curious. The first girl flipped her hair and answered, “What do I not know? I’m one of the twin’s friends. Of course I always know.”

Second and third girl nodded their heads. This is going to be a hot topic among the students.

KyonDae walked in side by side with MyungHee towards the school compound. KyonDae noticed that every student was looking at her with the expressions that she was clearly aware of, disgust and loathing. She was aware of that and she already prepared herself for it the minute she walked out of the house. She knew this would happen. The news about who she really was spreading everywhere so quickly and she knew exactly who brought the story up.

MyungHee in the meantime was irritated by the look that the students gave to KyonDae. Even though KyonDae seemed calm and ignored all the stares, MyungHee can’t help but to get angry. They were looking at her as if the whole thing was her fault. They looked at KyonDae as if she was like an alien or a being that came from outer space. MyungHee shot every student a glare every time they landed their eyes on KyonDae. Some students will stop looking but some students just didn’t care.

KyonDae noticed that her friend was challenging other students and shooting daggers at them so she quickly comforted MyungHee. “It’s fine, MyungHee. Just let them be. They’ll be tired of it soon.”

MyungHee protested and stomped her feet. “But I don’t like the way they look at you! It offends me!” KyonDae gave MyungHee a convincing smile and nodded her head. “I know but don’t worry. They were just looking and I’m not even bleeding because of it. It’s not like I would die just because they can’t look somewhere else.”

MyungHee finally gave in and grunted. “Fine. But they will do more than just looking. They will say hurtful words like they always do too or even worse. Don’t listen to them.”

KyonDae nodded thoughtfully at her friend and they went to the roof top. At least no one is going to give them weird looks when they were there right? The two girls sat side by side while watching the sun to rise. It was something they liked to do occasionally.

They spent quite a lot of time on the roof top for a few years now. Before the school session started, during break time, or during their free period. They just loved to be there because they knew not many students actually liked to be up there especially the girls.

Since the wind was a bit stronger up there, they were always worried that their beautiful hair will go messy so none of them actually went there. They thought roof top was nothing special and KyonDae and MyungHee thanked them for that.

KyonDae turned to MyungHee whom she thought was sleeping and said, “Thank you, MyungHee, for still being my friend.” MyungHee looked back at her and elbowed her friend gently. “Don’t let it get into your head. Nothing’s going to change me being your friend so stop saying that.”

KyonDae smiled and nodded. Who cared what the rest of the school was going to say about her? What mattered to her the most was that her best friend was there for her always.

“It’s not a really big deal, KyonDae. Remember that. I just don’t get why the students are making a huge fuss about it. The past is just the past though.” MyungHee added and yawned. The cold breeze was really seducing her to sleep a little.

“Maybe because they have nothing else to fuss about? That’s why they decided to make a huge deal about this thing. I just hope that it will be over soon.” KyonDae said and noticing that MyungHee was about to go back to sleep again, KyonDae shook her hard.

Knowing that she can’t sleep, MyungHee rubbed her eyes and straight sat again. “Oh, you’re working today too right?” She asked. KyonDae nodded her head and replied, “I guess I’m working every day now since the restaurant is the only place I can send SoRa for a while. My manager doesn’t seem to be happy about it but she allows me to send her there anyway. SoBin does a great job looking after her. Though she doesn’t really need a constant check.”

MyungHee suddenly remembered something that she was going to tell KyonDae first thing in the morning but she had completely forgotten about it once she saw the students who were irritating her. “Hey KyonDae I almost forgot! You don’t have to send SoRa to the restaurant anymore starting tomorrow!”

KyonDae’s eyebrows met and she looked at the excited MyungHee weirdly. “Why?”

MyungHee smiled happily and explained. “Starting tomorrow my mother will be doing her office work at home and she actually volunteers to look after SoRa for you. We found out about it just last night though and I was meaning to tell you just now but I forgot. Anyhow, she said she really wants to help you to keep an eye on SoRa, considering that you might lose your job if your manager starts to get pissed by having SoRa there even though none of us sees the reason why she has to be.”

KyonDae couldn’t believe what she heard as it was something very pleasant to hear. MyungHee’s mother says she can help take care of SoRa? That is so nice! MyungHee’s mother had known her for like a long time and she knew perfectly well about KyonDae’s life. If SoRa was under her care, she wouldn’t have to worry anymore. Not that she didn’t trust SoBin but it would be bett

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter