Chapter 10

Saving Cinderella
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Awe ~ why hyung why?!” Ricky whined loudly inside the cafeteria and all eyes were looking at him, wondering what was wrong with him to whine all of a sudden and not to mention, very loudly too. Teen Top felt like burying their heads in the ground with the sudden attention they were receiving. Ignoring all the stares, Ricky continued to whine and whine and whine.

Feeling frustrated, Cap took a piece of bread from his lunch box and shoved it into Ricky’s mouth, thinking that probably that method will make Ricky quiet. Well, it did work though as Ricky stopped his whining due to shock when the elder stuffed something inside his mouth. Ricky stared at Cap and wanted to start protesting when Cap shot him a death look, “Quiet.”

ChunJi and L. Joe were flabbergasted to see their leader’s action while ChangJo and Niel laughed out loud but their laughter died too when Cap gave them the same amount of glare that he gave Ricky. Poor boy Ricky chewed the bread slowly and started asking again but this time not so much whining.

“Why did you and ChunJi and Niel took her out to play without us? I want to play with her too. Not fair.” Ricky said while pocking his food angrily.

L.Joe shook his head and said, “I told you that we happened to pass by and it wasn’t even planned. Besides, we had nothing to do as well yesterday. The three of you had a punishment of having to help Mr. Lee yesterday right? It wasn’t as if you guys can tag along though, even if we told you. And when did you start caring about her younger sister anyway? I thought you guys don’t like KyonDae in the first place to even like her younger sister.” L.Joe eyed his three other friends one by one. Besides ChunJi and Niel, he had no idea that the other three had a liking towards SoRa as well. He thought they didn’t like her as much as they didn’t like KyonDae.

ChangJo shrugged and just scratched his head, “Well ... it is true that we didn’t really like her at first. We kind of believed what the twins said about her as well. But after a while and all the things that you told us before, I think she’s not what the twins say she is. Besides, SoRa is too cute to handle.” Cap and Ricky agreed while nodding their heads.

“Oh, speak of the devil.” Niel said while nudging them towards the cafeteria door where KyonDae was standing, waiting for MyungHee who went inside to buy her milk and sandwich. Since Teen Top’s table was a bit close to the entrance, all of them could see the students that came in and out of the cafeteria.

L.Joe automatically raised his hand and waved at her whose gaze managed to land on their table. KyonDae only gave him a small wave as a reply, as not to be rude. She left the cafeteria then with MyungHee who came out a few minutes later, maybe to the rooftop.

As L. Joe turned back to his friends, he was shocked to see them all staring at him in surprise and Ricky even with his mouth gaped. L.Joe thoughtfully reached out and closed Ricky’s mouth. “Erm ... why are you guys looking at me like that?” He asked, feeling uncomfortable with s’ stares.

“Hyung, what magic did you use on her?!” ChangJo asked and the rest began to lean forward as well. They stared at L. Joe and their eyes screamed curiosity.

L.Joe frowned and asked back while crossing his arms, “Magic? What magic?”

“She freaking waved back at you hyung! She waved at you!” Ricky exclaimed out loud. L.Joe looked at him in confusion and lifted his shoulders as he said, “Well, yeah I saw that. And the reason you’re freaking out about this is because ...?”

“L. Joe, she had never, ever, ever, raised her hand to wave at a species called boys.” ChunJi said next. Niel who sat beside him looked at him with a deep frown and replied, “Don’t make it sound so weird, ChunJi hyung. You are aware that you are a boy too, right? You make it sound as if we’re not human.” ChunJi simply looked at him and rolled his eyes.

“Oh. So she never waved at any boys. Then what about it?” L.Joe asked again, clearly confused with this issue his friends were talking about. What is wrong with them? We’re talking in the same language but I can’t understand them.

“Well, she changed! She changed when she met YOU! For your information, she had never talked to any guys before until you came. She had never waved at anyone before until, again, you came. She had never allowed anyone to be close to her sister until-”

“Until I came. Yes. Then what’s the really big deal? You guys are confusing me. I told you before that we’re already friends right, so it’s normal, I think. If you guys are her friends, she will wave at you people back though.” L.Joe stated, clearly didn’t see what the problem was.

“And for your extra information you are also her first male friend ever in this school. Wow ... what did you do that made her change? And her sister likes you as well.” Niel said in amusement and the rest of them nodded eagerly in agreement.

L.Joe shook his head and raised both of his hands. “I didn’t do anything. I just told her that I want to be her friend. That’s all. And her little sister, I don’t know why she likes me so much but it isn’t a problem because I like her too and we happen to cross each other’s paths lately hence sometimes we spend time together.”

L.Joe wasn’t sure whether his friends were convinced of what he said or not as he himself didn’t know what to assure them of. So he was KyonDae’s first male friend and her sister happened to like him as much as he did. Then what’s the big deal?

Ricky pretended to scratch his chin and nodding his head while looking at L. Joe suspiciously, followed by the rest. “Are you by any chance trying to court her, L. Joe hyung?” He asked and caused L. Joe to choke on his drink.

“What are you talking about, Yoo ChangHyun ?!” L.Joe said as he knocked Ricky's head.

Ricky rubbed his head with a pout and continued, “Well, considering the fact that the two of you always ran into each other, her sister likes you, and you somehow made her change a little as well, who wouldn’t be curious and suspicious?” The rest of them nodded and agreed with what Ricky said. This matter was really causing curiosity to rise in every one of them as they had never expected KyonDae to slowly warm up to anyone. And yet L. Joe was doing it pretty well with not so much hard work.

L.Joe didn’t know what to say to that as he didn’t expect such questions to come from any of s at all. He was speechless and cursed himself on why didn’t he have any idea what to reply.

Cap who was sitting beside him hugged his shoulder and simply said all of a sudden, “Ask her out quickly, L. Joe. Before other boys do.” L.Joe looked at his hyung with a weird expression. “Ask her out? I didn’t even say if I like her as more than a friend!” He protested, or much to his surprise, trying to deny himself. Wait, why am I like this?

Now it was ChunJi’s turn, “Aigoo, my friend. You failed in trying to deny it with us.” All of them burst out laughing at L. Joe whose face had turned bright red.

That night, at KyonDae's house, a hell was going to break loose. “HeaJung!! Come out here right now!” DaeHo screamed in the middle of the night without even bothering about anyone who was still sleeping in the house. HeaJung, who was sleeping, immediately woke up and walked down while stomping on her feet towards DaeHo. “What’s wrong with you? Why are you shouting at this hour?!”

DaeHo scoffed and said with a smirk, “Like you’ve never done it. Now tell me dirty woman, why did you throw all my things away?!”

HeaJung was surprised when she heard what DaeHo said. He noticed it? He found out that his things are gone? But how?!! “What things are you talking about?!! I’ve never touched anything that belongs to you!” HeaJung defended herself as she crossed her arms.

DaeHo’s face turned red and he was shaking due to trying to control his anger. “Stop lying! I know you threw my things away! Why?!” DaeHo yelled again. His blood was boiling and he had no time to play with HeaJung's nonsense.

HeaJung didn’t waste a single second before running towards KyonDae’s room angrily. KyonDae who was keeping her books inside her bag was shocked to suddenly see her stepmother kicking the door and entered her room. Seeing her stepmother’s expression, KyonDae shivered. Something was wrong and she was going to get it even though she had no idea what the problem was.

“You! Come here!” HeaJung said and pulled KyonDae’s hair and dragged her mercilessly towards the living room where DaeHo was. KyonDae tried to beg her stepmother to let her go as it hurt so much but the more she pleaded, the rougher her stepmother treated her. She dragged the poor girl like she was an object without even caring about the pain she was going through.

HeaJung threw her on the floor and slapped her face continuously, “You! Why did you tell your father I asked you to throw his things away? You stupid !”

“HEAJUNG! LEAVE MY DAUGHTER ALONE!” DaeHo said and pushed HeaJung away from KyonDae. KyonDae shockingly crawled to a corner and saw SoRa running towards her. KyonDae quickly hugged SoRa who was too frightened to say anything. KyonDae could feel her sister’s heartbeat was thumping fast and she tried to calm SoRa down. She wasn’t crying, but it worried KyonDae more when she was quiet. She embraced SoRa protectively as if she was the only thing that can keep KyonDae alive at the moment.

HeaJung's eyes widened at DaeHo's actions. “Oh, so now all of a sudden you’re

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter