Chapter 1

Saving Cinderella
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Five boys were standing in front of a gate of a big mansion. They were waiting for the arrival of someone whom they missed so much and hadn’t seen for so many years. Three weeks earlier the five boys received a happy news saying that their friend who left for Australia seven years ago was finally returning home and maybe staying for good.

They had been waiting for almost an hour and the youngest among all of them, couldn’t sit still as he was too enthusiastic waiting upon their friend’s arrival. One minute he was sitting, the next minute he was standing and paced back and forth. And it continued for the next minutes that followed.

“ChangJo can you please stop pacing back and forth?! You’re making me feel dizzy! Sit down for goodness’s sake!” One of them who was the second oldest said in frustration. He fanned himself as the weather was hot and sweats kept forming on his forehead.

“What’s taking him so long? Are you hyungs sure he is arriving today? This is not a prank or something right?” ChangJo asked as he grumbled. ChunJi, the one who scolded ChangJo, pulled his arm and made him stood still. He had enough of ChangJo pacing to and fro and making his head dizzy. The weather was hot and having ChangJo making so many movements was not helping at all.

“There is no way we’re kidding about this. Do you think we have nothing else to do other than standing here for almost an hour if it is all a prank ?!” The eldest, known as Cap, scolded. It was obvious enough that he was getting irritated with all the questions that were asked.

“Haven’t you guys heard of the word ‘phone’? Why can’t one of you call him? Ask him where he is instead of you guys sulking here. I left mine at home.” Niel said, obviously annoyed by his friends who didn’t use their common sense at all. They didn’t know where their friend was, fine. Then the least they could do was to call him right? Since they believed that his plane had landed about two hours ago.

However, instead of answering to Niel's question, a voice said something that was off-topic. “I’m hungry ~~” Suddenly someone whined. All heads turned to the owner of the voice and glared at him. “What ?!” He asked, as he felt weird seeing everyone was looking at him as if they were going to swallow him alive. He just said that he was hungry, and they were looking at him as if he said something wrong.

“Seriously, Ricky? We just ate around an hour ago and how come you’re hungry again?” Cap asked in a disbelief tone.

“Well how should I know! Ask my stomach then hyung!” Ricky snapped back and Cap shot him another death glare which caused Ricky to hide behind Niel's back. That would probably keep his mouth shut for a few moments.

Niel face palmed himself as he watched his childish members. He let out a sigh and before any fight broke unnecessarily in front of someone else’s house, he quickly tried to calm them down. He knew they were being like that because of the weather and also the boredom for having to wait there.

“Guys I know we’ve been standing here for an hour and it’s also freaking hot but please chill. We don’t want to fight on L. Joe hyung’s day of arrival. I’m sure L. Joe hyung will arrive soon and OH THERE HE IS !!” Niel screamed and all of them looked towards the car that was heading towards their direction.

“L.JOE HYUNG !!” Ricky called and waved as the car was approaching them. He was about to run to the middle of the road if it weren't for his friends to hold him back. The car stopped right in front of the gate and a figure got out of the car with a big smile on his face. Totally happy and blissed to see the crowd standing in front of his house.

“Yah! Why are you guys here?! Why didn’t you guys go to the airport ?!” L.Joe yelled playfully as he hugged each of s. It was stamped clearly on his face just how much he missed each and every one of them. “Well, we can’t because obviously it’s the first day of school today and there is no way we’re skipping school no matter how much we miss you.” ChunJi said as the rest nodded.

“Oh, you wound me. I thought you guys love me ~” L. Joe whined and all of them simply laughed at him. They missed him alright.

A middle aged woman then came out from the car as well and greeted them. “Hello boys. You guys must have been waiting for ByungHun for a long time, yes? Why don’t all of you come inside and catch up? I’ll tell the maids to prepare some drinks for you.” L.Joe’s mother invited them and of course all of them said yes. After standing outside under the hot sun for so long, it would be a lie to say they didn't want to come in.

“Thank you, Mrs Lee!” All of them beamed and walked together towards the front door.

“Hey, what about me ~?” L.Joe’s father pretended to be hurt as they didn’t acknowledge him. The six of them laughed at L. Joe’s dad and each of them gave him a hug. “You too, Mr Lee. Sorry for bothering you guys when you just arrived today. All of you must be tired, still.” ChunJi said on behalf of his friends as they all went inside.

“Don’t worry about it. I’m sure you boys have a lot to catch on.” Mr Lee said with understandingly.

“Appa, we’re not girls! Besides, these dudes video called me every weekend.” L.Joe stated as he laughed. The six of them went up to L. Joe’s room. L.Joe smiled widely as he saw the sight of his bedroom, the one he left for so many years. His things were still in order and untouched and he was so happy to be back in his old room. Where he spent all of his childhood in.

“So hyung, you’ll be enrolling in our school right?” ChangJo asked as they sat in L. Joe’s room. Even though L. Joe and his parents left the country for seven years, but they paid for the maids to stay in the house and kept the house clean because there were times when L. Joe’s father will return personally due to business. Hence the house was not dirty or dusty by the time L. Joe and his parents got home.

L.Joe shrugged upon ChangJo's question and cocked his head to the side, “Well, yeah. I mean, I may be staying here for good as appa’s business in Australia is doing well now without having him to monitor all the time. We miss home a lot too so I don’t think we’ll be going there anytime soon.” L.Joe answered.

His answer seemed to please all of them as they cheered happily knowing that he will be staying for good. “Then it’s going to be awesome! We can’t wait to show you around the school and also bring you to various places in Seoul. I d

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter