Chapter 13

Saving Cinderella
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The days went on as usual with KyonDae going to school and then to MyungHee’s house to pick SoRa up before proceeding to her part time work and the routine repeated every day. Since the day that the truth had been told about her real mother, KyonDae avoided her family as much as possible. She did all the house chores as usual and even though the yelling and screaming were still there, it didn’t happen as much as it used to be, and they hardly involved her anymore, much to her delight.

KyonDae noticed that her stepmother was always not at home and so were her stepsisters. It was not that she didn’t like it, but there were times when she was curious too about their whereabouts. She did like them not being at home even though nothing actually changed because they added her errands more to be honest.

More clothes seemed to be piling up each day and more alcohols can be found everywhere in the house too. KyonDae doubted that it only belonged to her father. She knew some of it was her stepmother’s as well. Or so she thought until one day she saw ChungAe drinking too.

Anyway, back to reality. The last lesson ended and KyonDae and MyungHee were preparing to go home as well. They were packing their stuff and made sure that they left nothing behind. The school holiday had started so they were making sure that they left no books or homework in school as it will be a bother to come back and get them. No one liked to go back to school during holidays just to get your homework right?

“Hey, girls. What are you two doing tomorrow? It's the first day of the school break.” L.Joe asked as he walked out of the classroom with them. He will usually walk them to the gate before waiting for his friends to arrive and went home together with them as the rest of the boys finished at different timings sometimes. It was just a habit that he liked to do.

“I may be sprawling on the couch with my chocolates and snacks that needed some love and watching Twilight series. Or so I hope. If I’m unlucky I might have to watch my mom’s kind of movie which is totally old school.” MyungHee answered. L.Joe nodded with a chuckle and turned to KyonDae, waiting for her answer.

“The usual.” She answered. “Just that I might work extra shifts at the restaurant so that I can earn more. The twins and their mother will not be at home again tomorrow.”

MyungHee frowned and couldn’t help but ask, “Where do they always go anyway? My family and I always notice that they will go out in the evening and be back very, very late. But the screaming and yelling are still constant though.” KyonDae shrugged at her question. “I don’t know too and I don’t want to know. I don’t want to care what the three of them have been doing as long as it doesn’t involve me. The more I see the condition of the house each time I get home; I think I already have a pretty good idea what they’ve been doing.”

“For how much longer are you planning to stay there? I think you’ve been living there long enough.” L.Joe suddenly said. That house she was living in was not a suitable place to live and he was bothered by SoRa’s growth too. SoRa was a girl who was growing up and living in a home like that, it will really affect her brain and psychology.

“Don’t worry about it. KyonDae’s already planning to leave though. That’s why she started working in the first place besides the fact that her scholarship money was always used by her family. She’s saving money to buy a house far away and out of her family’s reach. Isn’t it, KyonDae ?” MyungHee explained on her behalf and KyonDae nodded in agreement. “True. I am saving to leave the house and live peacefully with SoRa and also for her education.”

“So far have you made enough savings?” L.Joe asked seriously. KyonDae snorted and answered. “If my savings are enough by now, I wouldn’t be living there anymore, would I? But I’m doing well though. It’s just a bit difficult to look for a place that doesn’t cost much. Since I’m underage, I can’t get a full time job yet. I'm planning to leave before I graduate though.”

MyungHee twined their fingers and said to her encouragingly, “No worries about that. We can help you look for a good place soon. After that, we will search a good school for SoRa okay? Oh, by the way, why were you asking about our activities tomorrow, L. Joe? Looking for any ideas of what to do during your free time?”

L.Joe suddenly remembered the reason he asked them in the first place and laughed at himself for forgetting it so easily. “Oh, I forgot about that. Well, my mom invited you guys and Teen Top to our house tomorrow for lunch. She said she wants to get to know my friends. Well, she already knows Teen Top and now she wants to see both of you too. And also SoRa. She’s excited to see her the most since the day I told her about SoRa. So ... you two are coming right?” He asked but his question was more directly asked to one of them whose answer was easy to predict.

MyungHee quickly nodded in excitement without needing any second thoughts. “Well, it sounds better than watching Twilight though and I even doubt I get to watch it since my mom’s going to be at home. She will be taking control of the TV so I’m coming! I can’t wait to see your family.”

L.Joe nodded at her answer as he knew MyungHee would say yes but not the other girl. As expected, she turned down the invitation as polite as she could. “I think I’ll pass. But MyungHee can take SoRa and go!” KyonDae suggested. She would love to come but when remembering that she had work, she decided that maybe it will be next time.

MyungHee whined and pouted hearing KyonDae’s answer. L.Joe was a bit sad as well and said, “Very well, then. We shall do it another day when you’re free.” The three of them were standing at the gate and due to KyonDae’s answer of not being able to come; all of them were still standing there and not wanting to go anywhere until KyonDae changed her mind.

KyonDae sighed and tried to convince them to just proceed with the plan and that she was okay with it. MyungHee, however, didn’t want to go if her best friend was not there and Teen Top will fret as well. “Awe ~ come on now, KyonDae! Just for a while! It won’t take that long. After the lunch, you can continue your work. Besides, when else would you have the time other than tomorrow since your stepfamily is not at home? And the rest of the boys will get unhappy too!”

KyonDae was contemplating with herself as MyungHee said that. Nothing will change so much if she didn’t come right? It’s only one person though.

“It won’t take more than two hours. It’s a promise. And you will still get to work extra-long than you usually do.” L.Joe assured her as she seemed troubled. KyonDae thought about it again and felt bad seeing MyungHee’s gloomy face. She knew MyungHee wanted her to come so badly, as they didn’t really spend time together as best friends do besides at school.

“Well ... okay then. As long as it won’t be too long ...” KyonDae mumbled after a few moments of thinking. MyungHee cheered as loud as she can and hugged KyonDae tightly. Call her immature but she just wanted her best friend to loosen up a bit once in a while. MyungHee knew very well that KyonDae had never been to any other places except her home, school, and the restaurant. Even though it was just L. Joe’s house, she wanted her to be sociable person too.

L.Joe smiled happily when she said that she was coming, even though she doubted it and seemed to be a bit reluctant but that moment he had the same thinking as MyungHee. What happened to her lately was a bit hard as she finally found out the secret that her father kept from her and she always got her teeth into her work more and more. He understood her intention of wanting to earn more to look for a better place to live but at the same time, he wanted her to ease off a little bit.

“Well, we will keep going then! See you tomorrow at your house!” MyungHee said and pulled KyonDae away before waving goodbye.

“Hey! You don’t even know my address!” L.Joe yelled as the two of them were getting further away. He was about to give them his address when they already started walking away, leaving him clueless there.

“Text me then, smart brains! That’s what phones are for!! I’ll be coming with KyonDae and SoRa so don’t worry about them!” MyungHee yelled back and gained attention from the people around. KyonDae simply shook her head. Not that she was embarrassed. It was just MyungHee after all and that was her usual self.

“You’re not mad at me, are you?” MyungHee asked her al

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter