Chapter 17

Saving Cinderella
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“So ... why is it that you called us out here? Don’t you know it’s freaking cold? Have you no sense of the weather?” ChangJo grunted as he abruptly sat down on one of the chairs at the table. Cap, ChunJi, Niel and Ricky were too, not to forget MyungHee.

“Of course I know it’s cold. I’m living in the same country as you. Where do you think I have been living all this while, huh?” MyungHee shot back annoyingly. She didn’t know why but ChangJo always tried to get on her nerves. The both of them just couldn’t stand to be near each other. They will always fight even about the smallest things.

“Oh, so you do have sense about the weather. I thought you are some kind of a bipolar alien.”

“Why do you call me a bipolar?! And an alien even! That doesn't make it sound better at all !!”

“Guys, seriously now. We’re not here to watch the two of you fight, right? The sooner we deal with this, the quicker we can go home. So, MyungHee. What’s the matter?” ChunJi quickly stopped them and rubbed his temple. He could feel his head was already getting dizzy even though they just started fighting and he was considered lucky that they didn’t start another war there.

MyungHee rolled her eyes at ChangJo and focused on the rest of the boys at the table. “Okay, so … here’s the thing. You guys know that I’ve been living with KyonDae for a while now, right?” She asked and the rest of them nodded knowingly. “Yeah ... you told us. So?”

MyungHee looked around her cautiously in case she spotted a familiar someone nearby. She sighed when the one she was looking for was nowhere in the cafe. Teen Top looked at her with frowned eyebrows as they were wondering what was wrong with MyungHee. “Who are you looking for?” Ricky asked as he was looking around as well, trying to see whom MyungHee was trying to search.

MyungHee quickly shook her head and said, “No, no. No one, she’s not here. The story is like this. This morning when I was having breakfast with KyonDae at her house, I noticed something different about her.” Teen Top leaned in closer and stared at her. “Different? What do you mean different?”

“Her stepfamily was living with her too now for temporary as they had nowhere to go but then suddenly this morning, KyonDae started ordering them around and threatened them that she will kick them out if they don’t do the things she asks them to do.” MyungHee explained and she received weird looks from the boys. They clearly looked a bit shocked as it was something unusual for them.

“KyonDae was ordering them around? You mean treating them like maids?” ChunJi asked. MyungHee nodded nervously. “I have a feeling that it will get worse than that. It frightens me a little bit. She doesn’t act like that at all when she’s with me or her mom, but whenever her step family is nearby, she will start being the cold and mean-looking person. Her aura changed when she was with her stepfamily.”

Niel shrugged at her words and said, “Well, you can’t blame her for that. They had been treating her so badly when they lived together. Somehow, don’t you think that her stepfamily deserved it?”

Cap shook his head and quickly interfered, “I can’t say you’re wrong when you said they deserved it but this is KyonDae we’re talking about. She’s never acted like this before. Something tells me that she will get meaner because of the hatred she feels inside of her towards them.”

“So what should we do, hyung? All of us know that KyonDae is not that kind of person and hatred can make her become who she is not.” ChangJo spoke after keeping quiet for a while.

“Should we tell lover boy about this?” MyungHee asked and the rest of them were in deep thoughts for a moment before they could give her a reply. ChunJi frowned and looked at each of s. “Do you think we should tell him? He could be the only one who can get her out of this mess.”

Cap shook his head and said firmly, “No. Do not tell him about this first. If we do, I’m sure he will get the earliest flight home and leaving behind the things that he should be attending there. Let’s not overthink about this, guys. This matter can still be handled by us. So here’s the deal. MyungHee, you keep your eyes open for her behaviours and try to stop her if she starts acting fiercer towards them. The last thing we need now is for L. Joe to come back and see that KyonDae has changed. I’m sure she’ll be okay soon. She’s just acting like that because they’re living there right?”

All of them nodded their heads even though deep down inside them, they were still worried, but they believed what the leader said nonetheless. “We’ll watch out for her too, and keep her distracted if we can. Let’s just hope that she won’t get dragged by her grudge too far.” ChunJi added.

KyonDae was checking out some books at her mother’s mini library while EunJung was sorting out some stuff on the small table not far from her. EunJung just got back from her work trip and she was more than delighted to see KyonDae again. But she was oblivious to notice about what was going on in the house. She was filled with too much joy of having to reunite with her daughter again that she could hardly sense the dark atmosphere in the house.

MyungHee, eventually, despite of supposing to go home after EunJung returned, managed to get a green light from her mother to stay longer with KyonDae. She explained the situation to her mother and her mother simply said ‘yes’. Mrs. Lee and her family cared about KyonDae and treated her just like one of their own, so when they heard of what was going on with her, they decided to just let MyungHee stay with her for a while. They somehow knew that MyungHee’s presence can help calm her down when she suddenly blew a fuse.

MyungHee didn’t intend to explain the real situation to EunJung as she didn’t want to worry her more but she knew that she had to do it sooner or later. The lovely woman was too happy to be with her daughter again that she didn’t notice even the slightest bit of change that KyonDae had.

KyonDae was standing in front of a shelf while flipping some pages of one of the books when MyungHee entered. EunJung gave her a smile before continuing her work. “Thank you for not minding to have me here again, EunJung-ssi. I hope I won’t be a bother.” MyungHee thanked her and bowed to EunJung.

EunJung chuckled and nodded her head, “Sure, MyungHee. Of course, I don’t mind. In fact, I’m the one who should thank you instead. You can keep KyonDae company while I’m out working. Seriously, I don’t know what the problem with my boss is. He keeps giving me tons of work without even bothering whether I want to spend time with my daughter or not.”

KyonDae turned to her mother and said, “It’s okay, mom. I’m sure we can hang out together later. Don’t worry about me thoug

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter