Chapter 15

Saving Cinderella
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The day was a mournful and lugubrious one as it was the day that an angel leaving all the ones that loved her in grieves and sorrow. It was not said through their words, but it can be clearly seen in their eyes and the atmosphere around them itself was disheartening. The clouds seemed to understand what they were feeling as it was dark and clouding them from the hot sun. The wind seemed to feel them crying inside their hearts and touched them once in a while to give them comfort.

Standing in front of her grave, were the people that she held dear in her life. There was one among the rest that she had known all her life, and the rest were the ones that she just got the chance to meet.

These people doted on her, just as she did them. There was more that this little angel did besides making them happy. She changed their perceptions towards each other, she brought out smiles in each of them more than they cared to admit, and because of her too, someone among all of them managed to undergo the hardships in life no matter how much it was hurting that someone. Now that she was gone, her departure was like taking their hearts away with her. They were beside themselves with grieve as they were standing in front of her tomb.

“KyonDae ...” Someone called. All heads shifted from the grave towards the owner of the voice. The said person stood up weakly and looked at the one who called her sadly. “What are you doing here, father?” She asked with her hoarse voice.

She could hardly stand properly that moment as mourn had taken over her. Tears were still falling but she was too sad to even wipe them away. Now, seeing this man in front of her was like rubbing salt onto her wound. “Go away.” She said. It sounded harsh but due to her voice, it sounded more like a beg than asking him to leave.

DaeHo was hurt with her words but he knew KyonDae was much more broken. She’d got a face like a wet week-end and her eyes explained enough. DaeHo knew his presence was unwanted there but he still had to confront his daughter sooner or later. “KyonDae, I’m so sorry. What happened was my fault. If only I didn’t leave her alone-”

“I don’t want to hear anything anymore! I want you to go!! Leave now!” KyonDae yelled. All of them flinched when KyonDae suddenly blew a fuse and they tried to calm her down before she went ballistic.

L.Joe quickly held her shoulders and pulled her back against him while ChunJi and Cap politely asked DaeHo to leave first, as KyonDae was in a black mood. DaeHo nodded understandingly at the both of them and took one last glance at KyonDae who was staring at her feet with her breath uneven.

“I’ll be leaving then. I’m so sorry.”

With that, he left with a heavy heart. He knew that saying sorry won’t be enough but there was nothing more he can say when KyonDae didn’t even want him to be there.

Right after DaeHo left, KyonDae sank onto the ground and cried her eyes out. The rest of them sat around her and comforted her by telling her to be strong, though they knew it was easier said than done.

But what else can they say?

They themselves were down in the dumps as well but they knew what they felt can’t be compared to what KyonDae was feeling. That was the first time that day that KyonDae actually cried as she tried very hard to hold back her tears the day before when she was told that SoRa was dead.

The wind was not blowing too strongly but enough to make them shiver. Teen Top clutched onto their clothes tighter but KyonDae didn’t seem to bother about the weather at all. She didn’t even seem like wanting to leave and the rest of them didn’t have the heart to leave her as well. She was feeling very guilty and kept blaming herself mentally, that if only she didn’t leave SoRa alone at home, she wouldn’t have been dead.

“SoRa ... I’m so sorry. It’s my fault right? I failed you this time.” KyonDae mumbled in her tears. “If only I didn’t leave you yesterday, it wouldn’t be like this, would it?” Endless remorse was storming towards her heart as she recalled the memories of yesterday. Her heart was stabbed again and again and her tears were being cruel to her as well.

L.Joe rubbed her shoulder and tried to console her. “It’s not your fault. Things happened. You wouldn’t have known that this will happen right? No matter how much you regret for leaving her, the ship has sailed. What’s done is already done.”

KyonDae kept on weeping and continued, “SoRa, a thousand tears or words can never bring you back to me. That I know. The reason that you kept saying you love me yesterday, was because you knew your time was coming right? The reason you kept smiling from ear to ear, was because after this I won’t get to see it anymore right?” KyonDae chuckled. Teen Top just kept quiet and let KyonDae pour everything in her heart out if that would make her feel better later. They couldn’t help but to cry silently as well, as they knew how much SoRa meant to KyonDae.

“You made me stronger each day when things went bad. Sometimes when I felt like I should’ve just given up, the image of you standing by and waiting for me just gave me the adrenaline to keep moving. I knew that I can’t back down, because I knew you were counting on me.” She chuckled again. “You remember the promise I made to you? That you’ll be going to a kindergarten next year and that we will be moving to a better place. Looks like all of that are just dreams then.” Another chuckle.

“KyonDae, why don’t we call it a day? We come back tomorrow okay?” L.Joe said with concern. He was okay if he were to stay there with her but it looked like KyonDae didn’t want to leave at all and it seemed like she wanted to be there and talk to SoRa till tomorrow. And I have something to tell her, too... but how can I when she’s like this?

“You’re so young, SoRa ... you still have a lot to do ...” KyonDae mumbled, ignoring what L. Joe had said earlier. Ricky went to L. Joe and whispered to his ear as quietly as possible, “Hyung, let her be here for another half hour at least. We’re staying with you too.” L.Joe looked at Ricky and just nodded his head.

“KyonDae.” A familiar voice called but KyonDae didn’t look up. L.Joe turned to see who was coming and was relieved when he saw MyungHee who, without a doubt, had a look of sorrow plastered on her face too. L.Joe crouched down beside KyonDae and said, “KyonDae, MyungHee is here.” Hearing the name MyungHee, KyonDae quickly stood up and embraced MyungHee when their eyes met.

MyungHee hugged her back but none of them cried, or so it seemed. MyungHee’s tears were about to fall but she kept telling herself to keep herself together when she saw KyonDae look so downhearted. MyungHee knew that if she cried, KyonDae would cry again as well.

“Finally I see you, MyungHee. Where were you?” KyonDae asked with a low voice. She could hardly talk anymore due to the crying. MyungHee wiped KyonDae’s tears and forced a smile. “I went to pick someone up. You would love to see him again.”

KyonDae frowned. But before she could ask who it was, MyungSoo walked up towards them. “MyungSoo oppa!” KyonDae called and went to his embrace. MyungSoo enveloped her in a strong hug, her hair and kissed the crown of her.

“No more tears now, okay? You’ve cried a lot already. Princess wouldn’t like it if she sees you in this state.” The truth is, MyungSoo felt like crying there too but he couldn’t. Just like MyungHee, he tried to hold back his tears even though his heart ached so much.

God knows how much his heart was hurting but he tried not to show. SoRa mattered to him as much as she meant to everyone else. SoRa was also the reason he hesitated to leave the country at first. But now, he could no longer see her.

“Whatever that happened was not your fault. Remember that. It was not your fault.” MyungSoo said when they broke the hug but KyonDae didn’t reply. She just kept quiet and tried to take deep breaths to not cry again but she just nodded

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter