Character Index and Glossary

It Begins With Blood

Due to the rather large cast of this story, I have decided to compile a list of every character and the most relevant information we have about them to date (accurate as of Chapter 50).  As the story is not completed yet, the list isn't either and you can expect changes to be made over time until then.  However, for now, you will have the option to peruse the alphabetical listings for reminders about who is who and how they're connected and all that jazz.  There are also extended definitions for the various creature classes I couldn't fit into the overall story nicely.  Quite frankly, unless a character is going into story mode themselves, you weren't likely to get some of the more minor but fun details.  So enjoy the listing and if you have any questions or suggestions, feel free to send them my way.  Thank you!

Ahn Daniel (deceased)

A vampire of the Shim clan who was turned by Changmin.  He was tall with dark eyes and dark brown hair.  Partner to the vampire Changjo of the Song Clan.  Killed trying to infiltrate a military base on an information run.

Bang Mir

One of the three Bang Brother Hunters with dark eyes and dirty blonde hair.  He is the middle brother, though they all have different mothers.  When the parties began to split up and after Yongguk’s death, he volunteered to travel with the Kims to try and deal with the rising threat of half-turned groups and the monstrous actions of some humans.  It was his voice that kept the previously hostile mercenary Mika alive – in direct contrast to the Kims who would have executed him – when they used him to track down those who attacked them first.

Bang Minsoo

One of the three Bang Brother Hunters with dark eyes and dark hair.  He is the youngest brother, though they all have different mothers.  He is known for convincing his siblings to keep Luna (see Park Luna) alive when they found her after taking care of her rogue werewolf mother.  As her unofficial guardian, he most recently had to push Luna away when she was growing too attracted to him.  Of late, he has been spending more time in Daesung’s company and assisting the would-be healer closer to base.

Bang Yongguk (deceased)

One of the three Bang Brother Hunters with dark hair and dark eyes.  As the eldest half-brother, he was their unconfirmed leader before he fell in the mercenary led attack that threatened the entire group they were traveling with.  He is survived by two sons though he has had no contact with them since they began their hunt to counter the werewolves before the official war started.

Cha N

Tentative leader of the Cha Clan in the Western Hemisphere with dark eyes and deep red hair.  He is close friends with Hyosung, though they often try each other’s nerves.  He is also a major contact point for coordinating communication with other vampires and he is the first person Kyuhyun seeks when they are still trying to avert the disaster of war.  After the war began, he rekindled his friendship with Kiseop, another Cha turned previously.  When he lost his wings in an explosion, Kiseop decided to remain at his side and the pair are very close now.

Cho Kyuhyun

Tentative leader of the Cho Clan in the Western Hemisphere; he is tall with dark eyes and dark brown hair.  He is the vampire who attacked Henry when Ryeowook was visiting and got the latter human embroiled in the world of nonhumans.  He is often seen in the company of Kangin, a young, brawler of a man, but since the war started, he has spent more time in Ryeowook’s company, little by little winning the young man over after first making him a half-turned and then a vampire completely in an effort to save his life.  He has also spent time trying to win Ryeowook’s brother, JR, over.  After a brief bout of near insanity early on when he overextended himself trying to hack into the government’s system for information, he has been relying more and more on Ryeowook’s presence to keep him sane and grounded.  He is ashamed of another lapse in cognizance when he unwittingly attacked Ryeowook after they broke into a military base, and finally admitted to needing the other vampire.  Recently, their relationship has shifted into further intimacy and at present Kyuhyun and Ryeowook are nearly inseparable.

Choi Changjo

A member of the Song Clan, previously turned by Victoria.  Physically, he is tall and toned, with dark eyes and black hair.  He was partners with Niel of the Shim clan before the other vampire was killed.  Bearing personal guilt at not being able to protect him, he was recruited by Changmin to be his ally, fulfilling the typical partnership of Shims and Songs.  They are not as close as either previous pairing, but Changjo feels he has to live up to Victoria’s name as a protector and her decision to make him a Song.

Choi Sulli (paralyzed)

A human born wolf and member of the Choi pack, Sulli resides under Seunghyun’s rule.  She is a packmate to Siwon and Junhong, though Jongup is her cousin and a wolf-kin.  She is taller than most females and has dark eyes and medium length, brown hair.  Though she survived the beginning of the war, an explosion crippled her and she lost the use of her legs.  In their new home, she mans the radios and listens for any signals in the central cavern.  While she is not bonded with Taekwoon, a member of the Jung Pack, they do have a special relationship amongst the wolves.

Choi Junhong

A human born wolf and member of the Choi pack, Junhong resides under Seunghyun’s rule.  He is a packmate to Siwon and Sulli, though Jongup is his cousin and a wolf-kin.  Tall for his age in particular, he has dark eyes but regularly dyed his hair pink before the war.  He is among the youngest of their wolves and does not bear the typical mindset of a Choi, leaving many to wonder if he was born into the wrong pack.  Of late, he has become a confidant to Luna, much to the consternation of her brother Karam, and their relationship is still developing as they continue to work together in scouting and foraging expeditions.

Choi Minho

One of the surviving humans who has long since counted himself a friend to the werewolves.  He knew of their existence before the war and has since thrown his lot in with them, fighting against other hostile humans to help defend the Wolves and Vampires in their midst.  Tall, athletic, and confident, if anyone among the humans were asked, he would be a primary choice for a leader for the survivors.  Recently, there have been rumors of him spending more time with Amber, though most of the humans are close by nature and circumstance.  Beyond that, he spends a large portion of his time with the Perimeter Patrol group including Zico, Jihoon, and Dongho.

Choi Ren

Previously a human who survived the worst of the war, Ren volunteered to become a vampire when they were searching for a new place to take shelter and was taken under Zhou’s tutelage as a member of the Song Clan.  He still has ties with the remaining humans but he felt the change was necessary for him to be able to pull his weight and has been a vital member of Kangin’s vampire patrol group on their forays out in the nuclear winter countryside.  Most recently, their group found supplies from a hospital but also ran afoul of an unknown foe that nearly killed Jinki in their first encounter.  He is en route to the base camp now.

Choi Seunghyun

The human born leader of the Choi Pack.  s include Siwon, Sulli, and Junhong as Pack and Jongup as wolf kin.  Along with Yunho of the Jung Pack, he was one of the primary instigators of the bombing in New York which started the waterfall effect which led to the war between the humans and nonhumans.  While he never intended for things to get this bad, he has since been forced to band together with the survivors (humans, wolves, vampires, hunters, and possessed alike) simply to make ends meet.  He still does not entirely like humans and will not work with them if he can avoid it, but he maintains regular patrols to verify the safety of all of their group.  He confides more in Siwon than any other wolf and has taken an almost fatherly role in regards to Junhong now that they have a place to take refuge in.

Choi Siwon

A human born wolf and member of the Choi pack, Siwon resides under Seunghyun’s rule.  He is a packmate to Junhong and Sulli, though Jongup is his cousin and a wolf-kin.  As one of the eldest and most experienced Choi wolves, he would make a strong Alpha but concedes his position to Seunghyun as his stout second in command.  He maintains patrols with the Alpha and continues to help scout when the other wolf asks his assistance.  Lately, he has grown particularly close with Sunny, a member of the Kim Pack.

Dong Taeyang

A former military soldier that the nonhumans incidentally freed and recruited after they were found in a military base the wolves and vampires were trying to infiltrate.  He was allowed into their pack when it was confirmed that he, with his other group mates Soohyun, Seungho, and Zico, were deserters after being misled about the nature of the human trials they volunteered for.  Good with a gun (or combat in general) and backed by strong military experience, he is a solid member of the patrols around their new base.  Lately, he is part of the Wolf Rider Brigade where he and Minhyuk ride on Kyung during forays.

Guardians

The name give by Satoru to the creatures rising from the earth to challenge the nonhumans and humans alike.  Only, they don’t seem intent upon killing them on sight.  Learning slowly, they react poorly to anger and respond in kind, attacking when provoked.  But they are also capable of merging with other people, like Boa and Satoru, in order to gain a better understanding of the world around them.  In so doing, they earn access to more information and can be somewhat controlled by those they carry as a result.

Gong Minzy (deceased)

A member of the Song Clan and previously turned by Victoria.  She was with the nonhumans at the start of the war but was killed in one of their attacks on a human military base when they were searching for information.

Half-Turned

A human who has drank a vampire’s blood, either directly or indirectly, and begun the process of transforming.  In this form, the half-turned is still able to function in sunlight, has a semblance of life, is impervious to illness, and has an increase in all major senses and abilities.  To maintain this form, they need semi-regular supplements of a vampire’s blood in an indirect manner (as in not from the vampire directly).  Failure to do so results in the half-turned slowly going crazy as the hunger takes hold, giving them a resemblance to a drug addicted junkie.  These are the members most often put down by Hunters when they have become too far gone in their madness.

Han Geng

A human born member of the Han Pack.  His Alpha is Sanghyuk, he is packmates with Sunhwa, and cousin to Amber who is wolf kin.  He has survived the war relatively unscathed and is now an active member of the Wolf Rider Brigade.  His riders are Chaerin, one of the Possessed, and the wolf kin Jiyong.

Han Sanghyuk (Hyuk)

The human born leader of the Han Pack.  He is one of the youngest Alphas in their party and still finding his footing as a leader.  His packmates are Sunhwa and Geng, and Amber is his wolf kin cousin.  While he was grievously injured on their trek out of the country, he has since recovered well and is now a member of the Wolf Rider Brigade.  His riders are Soohyun and Yukwon.  Of late, he has been seen more often in the company of Jongup and the nature of their relationship has been under discrete debate.

Han Sunhwa

A human born member of the Han Pack.  Her Alpha is Sanghyuk, she is packmates with Geng, and cousin to Amber who is wolf kin.  Like Geng, she survived the war mostly in tact and as one of the few surviving females, she spends the majority of her time close to the heart of their home.  She spends much of her time in the company of the pregnant Jieun and keeps an eye on the damaged Sungmin, a member of the Park Pack.  She is Daehyun’s mate but fears she may be barren and has lately earned an unfavorable reputation (for a wolf) among the group.

Hunters

A collection of families who came together to take on the growing nonhuman populous with superior training and weapons.  Imbued with “blessed” power, the families were granted a hardiness that made them considerably harder to kill.  Hunters heal faster than regular humans, have greater strength and endurance, and are able to sustain large amounts of damage before they will fall.  Only three family lines continue to bear children gifted with the abilities to become Hunters.

  • Bang: granted the power of illusion, the Bangs favor projectiles, garrotes, and emergency melee or hand to hand weapons
  • Kim: granted the boon of great strength semi-comparable to that of a werewolf, the Kims focus on blunt force weaponry
  • Park: granted swift speed on par with that of a vampire, the Kims rely on swords or medium sized blades

Hwang Minhyun

One of the feeder humans the Kims inadvertently rescued from a rogue band of vampires after destroying the nonhumans.  He is quiet and reserved but appears to be drawn to Key among the Hunters and can most often be found at his side, if not in the presence of Aron or Ricky.

Jeon Jungkook

One of the seven boys under Boa’s care after she inadvertently became their guardian when the half-way home they lived at became unsafe to stay in.  Along with Namjoon, Yoongi, Jin, Hoseok, Taehyung, and Jimin, they agreed to stay together even after their larger group ran into a small pack of stray wolves.  The other humans left or died off and now it is the eight of them, with four wolves, and the Park Hunters who travel at their side, allowing the Kim and Lee wolves to stay despite their reservations.  Jungkook rides the Kim wolf Yesung with Boa.

Jeong Hana

One of the surviving humans who has long since counted herself a friend to the wolves.  When the fighting started, she opted to side with the nonhumans and has been with them ever since.  Barring some close calls, she weathered the war relatively well.  During their trek across the country, she grew particularly close to Yukwon while tending his wounds.  Despite the fact that he is now a half-turned and they are unable to have a family together, she has remained at his side.  Now, though she shares Yukwon’s bed, she spends most of her time in the company of the pregnant Jieun at the heart of the camp.

Jun Hyosung

A member of the Cha Clan, she was previously turned by N who is also one of her good friends, though they often heads.  Enchanted by Himchan, a human who was fascinated by vampires, she eventually agreed to make him a half-turned but was eventually forced to grant him full vampire status when he suffered grievous injuries during the fighting.  They are now officially together but circumstances tend to keep them apart as she is a member of Kyuhyun’s vampire patrol group and Himchan is part of Kangin’s vampire patrol group.

Jung Byunghee

A human born member of the Jung Pack under Yunho before the Alpha died.  His packmates are Daehyun and Taekwoon.  Somewhat reserved but competent in a fight, he was badly injured early in the war while a member of Changmin’s attack party, a near casualty of destroying a weapon storage depot, and sat most of it out while recovering.  During that time, he and an equally injured Yoochun of the Park Pack became close while recovering together.  Currently, he spends a large portion of his time patrolling in the company of Daehyun, neither of whom have been eager to take up the mantle of Alpha in the absence of Yunho.

Jung Daehyun (Deceased)

A human born member of the Jung Pack under Yunho before the Alpha died.  His packmates are Taekwoon and Byunghee.  Early on, he was separated from Yunho and fell under the leadership of Seunghyun while the wolves were trying to sort things out.  Since then, he became an integral part of Changmin’s attack party, and was one of the wolves to come out after the major battles relatively intact.  On their trek to find a new home, he started to become close to Sunhwa, a member of the Han Pack, and though they are currently together, he gave her reluctant permission to seek other partners when they were unable to get pregnant together.  Currently, he is trying to take that permission back and when he is not spending time in Sunhwa’s company, he patrols with Byunghee, neither of whom have been eager to take up the mantle of Alpha in the absence of Yunho.  He was killed in the latest battle against the new creatures rising in their world.

Jung Hoseok

One of the seven boys under Boa’s care after she inadvertently became their guardian when the half-way home they lived at became unsafe to stay in.  Along with Namjoon, Yoongi, Jin, Taehyung, Jungkook, and Jimin, they agreed to stay together even after their larger group ran into a small pack of stray wolves.  The other humans left or died off and now it is the eight of them, with four wolves, and the Park Hunters who travel at their side, allowing the Kim and Lee wolves to stay despite their reservations.  Hoseok rides the Lee wolf Chunji with Taehyung.

Jung Krystal

One of the previously vengeful spirits of the gypsy band massacred when they were accused of using witchcraft.  She is one of two spirits currently inhabiting Chaerin and is most active for her knowledge in potions and tinctures.  Under the current circumstances, she is more willing to work with her host than with several in the past, though it takes a large toll on Chaerin in the meantime.

Jung Taekwoon

A human born member of the Jung Pack under Yunho before he died.  Quiet and reserved, he gives off a persona of competence, though his typically impassive face is hardly helped by constantly narrowed dark eyes and black hair.  He is packmates with Daehyun and Byunghee.  Though still functional and more than capable in combat, he lost his left hand in one of the earlier ambush attacks.  Despite that, he has been a solid presence in the heart of the Packs and has recently grown close to Sulli who is unable to walk on her own, though their relationship seems to be nothing more than good friendship.  Typically, when he is not keeping Sulli company, he can be seen patrolling in the company of Ken, JR, and Baekho near the base.

Jung Yunho (deceased)

The human born former Alpha of the Jung Pack who is tall with dark brown hair and eyes in his human form.  His pack members were Daehyun, Taekwoon, and Byunghee.  He was one of the first wolves that Ryeowook met under less than ideal circumstances.  Along with Seunghyun, he was one of the main instigators in the initial bombing of New York that prompted the beginning of the war between the humans and nonhumans.  While he survived the worst of the combat and every attack they staged on the military bases along the way, he was one of the few wolves to succumb to the withering illness that targeted them specifically as they were fleeing the country.

Kang Baekho

One of the unfortunate descendants of the attackers who massacred a gypsy family for practicing witchcraft, he is one of the Possessed.  He is inhabited by the spirit of Hyukjae who mostly leaves him to his own devices.  He is the younger brother to Daesung and a good friend of JR’s – the two went to high school together.  Before the war, he and his brother worked closely with the Lee Pack to help rehabilitate injured werewolves when needed.  Currently, he spends a large portion of his time patrolling nearest the new home base with Ken, JR, and Taekwoon.

Kang Daesung

One of the unfortunate descendants of the attackers who massacred a gypsy family for practicing witchcraft, he is one of the Possessed.  He is inhabited by the spirit of Donghae who works through him most often as a resident healer when his skills are needed.  He is the older brother to Baekho and familiar with both JR and Ryeowook.  Before the war, he and his brother worked closely with the Lee Pack to help rehabilitate injured werewolves when needed.  Currently, he spends a large portion of his time in the main base, close at hand in case anyone needs him.  He has been charged with keeping a particularly close eye on Jieun in her pregnant condition though he also helps to maintain the overall status of the struggling survivors.

Kim Eli (deceased)

One of the previously surviving humans who had long since counted himself a friend to the werewolves.  He knew of their existence before the war and threw his lot in with them, fighting against other hostile humans to help defend the Wolves and Vampires in their midst.  Though he took part in the battle to defend their caravan from an ambush, he did not survive the fight.

Kim Heechul (crippled)

The eldest Kim brother of the same parentage among the Hunters, he is their tentative leader.  Like both his siblings, he is passionate and easy to anger but a stalwart defender of his family.  He is close to both his brothers though he and Jaejoong have a particularly antagonistic relationship.  They are known among the nonhumans as being quick to draw their swords but fair to speak with if given half a chance.  They met up with Kyuhyun’s group shortly after the first ambush attack and then set off on their own to deal with the new half-turned problems as they saw fit.  On their travels, they took the former mercenary Mika with them, sparing his life on behalf of Mir’s request, and have since rescued Aron, Minhyun, and Ricky. Most recently, he suffered the loss of his powers in a battle against an unknown foe that left him alive but severely reduced.

Kim Himchan

Previously a half-turned in the company of the Chas and utterly devoted to Hyosung, Himchan was turned into a full vampire when he suffered grievous injuries while fighting alongside his allies.  He was one of the first nonhumans to actively befriend Ryeowook when the young man was first transitioning, and taught him about his new status as a half-turned himself.  Having successfully survived the war, he is now part of Kangin’s vampire patrol and typically plays a scout from the vantage point of the air.  Most recently, he was sent ahead when their party ran afoul of a new foe, though his status is currently unknown.

Kim Hyoyeon (found)

A human born member of the Kim Pack under the Alpha Junsu.  Her packmate was Wonsik and she is cousins with Jiyong.  When Ryeowook was first introduced to the wolves, she was the one to go back and retrieve JR from the safety of the trailer.  Diminutive in size, she was still a fierce wolf in battle until she went missing playing decoy so the others could infiltrate a military base for information.  She is currently presumed dead but that has not been confirmed.  She has been located in the company of Mir, appearing near another such plant creature that rose out of the ground and began growing trees at an impossible rate before the Hunter’s eyes.

Kim Jaejoong

The middle Kim brother of the same parentage among the Hunters, he is debatably the hothead of their group.  Like both his siblings, he is passionate and easy to anger but a stalwart defender of his family.  He is close to both his brothers though he and Heechul have a particularly antagonistic relationship.  They are known among the nonhumans as being quick to draw their swords but fair to speak with if given half a chance.  They met up with Kyuhyun’s group shortly after the first ambush attack and then set off on their own to deal with the new half-turned problems as they saw fit.  On their travels, they took the former mercenary Mika with them, sparing his life on behalf of Mir’s request, and have since rescued Aron, Minhyun, and Ricky.  Most recently, he suffered fairly substantial injuries in an encounter with an unknown foe and is trying to come to terms with this new opponent.

Kim Jaeseop (AJ) (deceased)

One of the previously surviving humans who had long since counted himself a friend to the werewolves.  He knew of their existence before the war and threw his lot in with them, fighting against other hostile humans to help defend the Wolves and Vampires in their midst.  Though he took part in the battle to defend their caravan from an ambush, he did not survive the fight.

Kim Jonghyun

One of the Kim Pack wolves in the care of Boa and the Park Hunters.  Along with Yesung, Taeil, and Chunji, they found a group of survivors and decided to remain with them due to their previous standing of being able to coexist with humans if they try.  At the moment, he has allowed Jin and Jimin to ride him, though he remains uneasy in the presence of the Parks.

Kim JR

Ryeowook’s younger brother and best friends with the Possessed Baekho, though he did not know the other male was one until just after the war broke out.  When a battle broke out between the werewolves and the Park Hunters, he was rescued from his home before it was destroyed, though his parents did not survive.  With Ryeowook’s help, he was taken from the site of the battle and has remained at his brother’s side since.  Though he disliked Kyuhyun immediately, for turning his brother into a “monster” and for daring to like him overall, he has slowly warmed up to the other vampire.  He considers Kangin a pseudo-big brother figure and has made himself a place in the patrols near base with Ken, Baekho, and Taekwoon.  Though he is not as close to his brother as he used to be, there is no doubt that they still care about each other very much.

Kim Junsu

The human born Alpha of the Kim Pack.  His pack members are Wonsik, previously Hyoyeon, and he is cousin to Jiyong.  He joined up with Kyuhyun’s group in Canada when they were first seeking to escape the war, but they have remained together since then.  On previous occasions, he had been known to request Kyuhyun’s assistance in information gathering and the pair are known as tentative allies.  He was severely wounded in the final battle before they sought to flee the country, leaving many worried if he would survive.  Overcoming his injuries and the sickness that afflicted most of the wolves, he has recently been seen in the Wolf Rider Brigade with Seungho and Amber as his riders.

Kim Kangin

A member of the Cho Clan and previously a young man who picked a fight with Kyuhyun in a drunken stupor.  He was promptly turned and has since become the vampire’s stalwart friend.  When Ryeowook was picked up, he provided a sense of levity to ease his transition into their fold and was also among the first to befriend JR when the younger brother was included as well.  Often mistaken for a muscle head, he knows more than he lets on and is generally underestimated.  Early on, he split from Kyuhyun to provide a Cho for Changmin’s group where he looked after Chaerin in particular upon feeling sorry for the Possessed woman.  He has since been reunited with the group and now leads the other vampire pack on patrols.  Most recently, their group found supplies from a hospital but also ran afoul of an unknown foe that nearly killed Jinki in their first encounter.  He is en route to the base camp now.

Kim Key

The youngest Kim brother of the same parentage among the Hunters, he is deceptively skilled and often somewhat overlooked due to the loud personas of his siblings.  Like his brothers, he is passionate and easy to anger but a stalwart defender of his family.  Though Heechul and Jaejoong do not have as much in common with him, they are quick to “crowd” Key when he tries to do something without them.  They are known among the nonhumans as being quick to draw their swords but fair to speak with if given half a chance.  They met up with Kyuhyun’s group shortly after the first ambush attack and then set off on their own to deal with the new half-turned problems as they saw fit.  On their travels, they took the former mercenary Mika with them, sparing his life on behalf of Mir’s request, and have since rescued Aron, Minhyun, and Ricky.  Most recently, he was forced to flee with Jaejoong while he left Heechul behind to give them time to escape from the unknown adversary they were not anticipating.  He has established a closer relationship to Minhyun in the meantime, but his priority remains his brothers.

Kim Namjoon

One of the seven boys under Boa’s care after she inadvertently became their guardian when the half-way home they lived at became unsafe to stay in.  Along with Yoongi, Jin, Hoseok, Taehyung, Jungkook, and Jimin, they agreed to stay together even after their larger group ran into a small pack of stray wolves.  The other humans left or died off and now it is the eight of them, with four wolves, and the Park Hunters who travel at their side, allowing the Kim and Lee wolves to stay despite their reservations.  Namjoon rides the Lee wolf Taeil with Yoongi.

Kim Ryeowook

Previously a regular young man spending time visiting his best friend from college, Ryeowook caught Kyuhyun’s eye and inadvertently ended up in his care when he volunteered his person in trade for Henry when the other man was attacked.  Of a slight build, he is physically unremarkable though he has a delicate quality that often makes other protective of him, and his defined facial features are paired with dark hair and eyes.  While he hated the vampire at first for his initial deception which made him into a half-turned, he slowly developed a certain respect and understanding for him as well.  He befriend Himchan who helped him to understand being a half-turned and learned more about the world he had been introduced to.  When Kyuhyun helped him save his younger brother from certain death, he had to revise his thoughts on the vampire again, especially since they were officially orphans after the fight.  Since then, he has been hyper protective of his sibling, and determined to remain as human as possible, but when he was infected by the engineered virus meant to kill the vampires, including the half-turneds, he agreed to become one completely in a bid to save his life.  Learning his abilities has taken time, as has his understanding of his growing feelings for Kyuhyun.  While he often feels powerless in light of the more experienced nonhumans, he has slowly started to come into his own strength and accepted how he feels about Kyuhyun.  Most recently, they have become intimate and nearly inseparable in their relationship.

Kim Seokjin

One of the seven boys under Boa’s care after she inadvertently became their guardian when the half-way home they lived at became unsafe to stay in.  Along with Namjoon, Yoongi, Hoseok, Taehyung, Jungkook, and Jimin, they agreed to stay together even after their larger group ran into a small pack of stray wolves.  The other humans left or died off and now it is the eight of them, with four wolves, and the Park Hunters who travel at their side, allowing the Kim and Lee wolves to stay despite their reservations.  Jin rides the Kim wolf Jonghyun with Jimin.

Kim Taehyung

One of the seven boys under Boa’s care after she inadvertently became their guardian when the half-way home they lived at became unsafe to stay in.  Along with Namjoon, Yoongi, Hoseok, Jin, Jungkook, and Jimin, they agreed to stay together even after their larger group ran into a small pack of stray wolves.  The other humans left or died off and now it is the eight of them, with four wolves, and the Park Hunters who travel at their side, allowing the Kim and Lee wolves to stay despite their reservations.  Taehyung rides the Lee wolf Chunji with Hoseok.

Kim Wonsik (Ravi) (missing)

A member of the Kim Pack under Junsu.  His packmate is Hyoyeon (currently presumed dead) and he is cousins with Jiyong.  In his wolf form, he is white and hard to miss but he maintains an upbeat attitude at odds with the current state of the world.  He was the first wolf Ryeowook saw when he was staying with Henry, though he did not realize he was a werewolf at the time.  Wonsik has been a major player in most of the battles since the start of the war and was only moderately injured by a stray gunshot in the final battle before they fled the country.  However, on the way south, he fell ill and disappeared one evening under his delirium.  He is missing and presumed dead at the moment.

Kim Yesung

One of the Kim Pack wolves in the care of Boa and the Park Hunters.  Along with Jonghyun, Taeil, and Chunji, they found a group of survivors and decided to remain with them due to their previous standing of being able to coexist with humans if they try.  At the moment, he has allowed Boa and Jungkook to ride him, though he remains uneasy in the presence of the Parks.

Kim Yukwon

One of the surviving humans who has long since counted himself a friend to the werewolves.  He knew of their existence before the war and has since thrown his lot in with them, fighting against other hostile humans to help defend the Wolves and Vampires in their midst.  He has survived all the major battles of the war but was severely injured in the last one before they headed south.  On the trek to safety, he was tended by Chaerin and Hana, the latter of whom he became particularly close with, but his wounds went septic and he was forced to become a half-turned or die.  Since his transformation, he has remained close with Hana, despite their inability to have a family together.  Currently, he is a member of the Wolf Rider Brigade, riding Hyuk with Soohyun.

Kwak Aron

One of the feeder humans the Kims inadvertently rescued from a rogue band of vampires after destroying the nonhumans.  While grateful to the Hunters for saving him, he is still reserved and has yet to figure out his place among the group, much like Ricky.  Though he doesn’t begrudge Minhyun his tentative relationship with Key.

Kwon Boa (captive inside a creature)

The young woman who unintentionally became the guardian of the seven young men staying at the halfway house she worked in.  When remaining at the home any longer became dangerous, she took Namjoon, Yoongi, Jin, Hoseok, Taehyung, Jimin, and Jungkook under her protection while they fled with a group of other survivors.  Not long after, they were found by the four werewolves Yesung, Taeil, Chunji, and Jonghyun, banding together for further protection at the insistence of the wolves.  They lost the rest of their human companions by choice or through illness along the way.  For ease of travel, she rides on Yesung with Jungkook, and that was how they met the Parks after the Hunters had finished clearing out a small pack of half-turned rogues in the area.  While they were reluctant to befriend wolves of any nature, she was immediately attracted to Dara, a fact which earned her much teasing from her boys, but also won the alliance of the Hunters to their side.  Since their initial meeting, she and Dara have grown closer and though the Hunters and wolves don’t exactly like each other, they are in agreement that they can travel faster with the werewolves around.  Lately, they’ve heard strange stirrings in a nearby city that even the Hunters are unable to identify.  After having been picked up by one of the newest creatures, she has become a part of one where it is now using her to try and understand the world as it stands.  She is alive, but unable to leave of her own volition.

Kwon Jiyong

A wolf kin and cousin to the Kim Pack, he has long since known of the existence of the werewolves.  When the fighting began, he threw his lot in with the nonhumans and has been at their side ever since.  He was shot in their first confrontation while on the run but has otherwise remained relatively unscathed since then.  On their trek south, he began to get closer to Chaerin, much to the irritation of her brother Ken, and they are currently wolf riders in the Wolf Riders Brigade atop Geng of the Han Pack.

Lau Henry

A wolf kin and cousin to the Park Pack with dark eyes and light brown hair usually kept short.  After finishing high school with Ryeowook, he moved to the mountains to help Yoochun run the retreat and rehabilitation center for wolves and other injured animals in the area.  Luna was already there when he arrived but he had a large hand in her upbringing.  Along with Yoochun, he also had many correspondences with Hunters, the most amendable being the Bangs who visited fairly often (for Hunters).  He has always known about the nonhumans and kept it secret from Ryeowook but dearly missed his friend which was what led to him sending the invite in the first place.  Being wolf kin can be a lonely existence.  He never intended for his friend to get caught up in everything and certainly never wanted Ryeowook to trade places with him when he was attacked by Kyuhyun.  It was a risk of being wolf kin after all.  When they were separated, he did not know what to think about Ryeowook’s disappearance and upon being reunited, he had very conflicted feelings towards his friend’s change and Kyuhyun in particular.  But they remain friends, even if that relationship as been a bit tested over time, due to the nature of everything they’ve experienced.  He pities the Possessed more than most and remains an avid supporter of the wolves overall.  Most recently, he has been spending a great deal of time in patrols with JR, Taekwoon, and Baekho.  He also knows there are tentative but discreet rumors floating around about him and Amber.

Lee Chaerin

One of the unfortunate descendants of the attackers who massacred a gypsy family for practicing witchcraft, he is one of the Possessed.  Slender, of average height, and generally confident, she has long, brunette hair and dark eyes.  She is inhabited by both the spirits Krystal and L. Joe.  While she is overprotective of her brother Ken, she is also often overworked by the needs of her spirits.  As a Possessed, she worked most closely with Yoochun, offering assistance through Krystal when needed.  That assistance has been stretched many times over since she joined the overall group, and she has been further taxed by L. Joe making his presence known in some combat situations, despite the watchful eye of Kangin who has tried to protect her as best he could in the past.  As such, her patience has grown shorter and she is more drawn to the wolf kin Jiyong who only rarely needs attending to for what she would consider foolish injuries.  She knows her brother resents their growing relationship but she also feels he is well protected near camp, which frees her to be more active in the Wolf Rider Brigade.  She rides Geng with Jiyong as her partner.

Lee Joon (deceased)

A human born wolf of the Lee Pack under the Alpha Hongbin.  His packmate was Sunny.  He was an active participant in their fights overall, contributing even after he lost the use of one of his eyes early on.  During one of their infiltration missions, he fell under enemy fire.

Lee Chunji

One of the Lee Pack wolves in the care of Boa and the Park Hunters.  Along with Jonghyun, Taeil, and Yesung, they found a group of survivors and decided to remain with them because the Kim wolves wanted to.  Having no outright qualm with humans, the Lees were inclined to agree.  At the moment, he has allowed Hoseok and Taehyung to ride him, though he remains uneasy in the presence of the Parks.

Lee Donghae

One of the previously vengeful spirits of the gypsy band massacred when they were accused of using witchcraft.  He is the spirit that inhabits Daesung and is most active, behind Krystal, for his knowledge of first aid and mending larger wounds.  Under the current circumstances, he is more willing to work with his host than with several in the past, though it takes a large toll on Daesung in the meantime.  Of the Possessed, he and Daesung have the closest relationship in terms of being partners.

Lee Hongbin (deceased)

The human born former Alpha of the Lee Pack.  His packmates were Sunny and Joon before he died in combat.  He was first grievously injured in their first fight against the half-turned menace, and then sacrificed himself to help defend the others in an ambush attack while they were on the road.

Lee Hyukjae

One of the previously vengeful spirits of the gypsy band massacred when they were accused of using witchcraft.  He is the spirit that inhabits Baekho and tends to take a backseat to most situations unless he is getting his host out of harm’s way.  Under the current circumstances, he is more willing to work with his host than with several in the past, though it takes a large toll on Baekho when he does step in, especially because the young man is fairly unused to being possessed.

Lee Ken

One of the unfortunate descendants of the attackers who massacred a gypsy family for practicing witchcraft, he is one of the Possessed.  Tall, slender, and a little spacey at times, he is generally very easy to get along with – odd sense of humor notwithstanding – and is known for having messy brown hair and dark eyes.  He is inhabited by Taemin, a spirit that usually leaves him alone except when the urge strikes otherwise.  He cares for his sister very much but is often left in her shadow since he feels she is generally more capable than he is.  When she volunteered to go with Changmin instead of his group, he felt slightly betrayed, but it was also her leaving that prompted him to volunteer with Baekho to help infiltrate the military base the nonhumans were trying to get into.  Taemin possessed while in the interior and he was shot while in blackout mode, leaving him frightened and in pain when he came to.  He recovered on their trek south though his wounds took time to heal, and most recently, he resents Chaerin’s attraction to Jiyong since he feels that the other male is taking his place.  To try and remain distracted, he has taken up patrolling with Baekho, Taekwoon, and JR close to base, though he hates the cold.

Lee Jinki

A vampire of the Shim Clan, he joined Kyuhyun’s group in Canada and has been with them since.  After surviving the major battles of the war, he made it to safety with the rest of their group and became a member of Kangin’s vampire patrol.  Most recently, their group found supplies from a hospital but also ran afoul of an unknown foe that nearly killed Jinki in their first encounter.  He is en route to the base camp now.

Lee Kiseop

A vampire of the Cha Clan.  He joined the group after their journey out of Canada and has been with them ever since.  Slightly space and often hard to read, he is a close friend to N.  When he lost partial use of his wings during one of their fights, he also had to rescue the Cha leader in the same battle.  Briefly ground bound while his wings healed, he has since stayed at N’s side since he can no longer fly himself.  Their relationship has grown closer over time so that they appear to be more than friends but they have yet to put a name on it either.

Lee L. Joe

One of the previously vengeful spirits of the gypsy band massacred when they were accused of using witchcraft.  He is one of the two spirits that currently inhabits Chaerin.  Though he does not come out often, and is unanimously know as the angriest and most vengeful of the lot, his skills in combat are unparalleled among the spirits.  He has been known to take over Chaerin in moments of battle, leaving her weak in the aftermath when Krystal may be most needed.  Though he has had time to temper his anger since his untimely demise, he is distrustful of all people, human and nonhuman alike, and refuses to give his actual name, maintaining the alias L. Joe.

Lee Mika

Formerly a mercenary paid to hunt the nonhumans in the “Kill Zone”, he has seen been reformed under the care of Mir.  Captured during the battle after they ambushed the nonhuman caravan, he was then used by the Kims to locate additional half-turneds and the humans that created them.  Grateful to Mir for saving his life, he has attached himself to the Hunter’s side and is a tentative member of their group.  When the Hunters are busy, he helps keep an eye on the newly rescued Aron, Ricky, and Minhyun.

Lee Minhyuk

One of the surviving humans who has long since counted himself a friend to the werewolves.  He knew of their existence before the war and has since thrown his lot in with them, fighting against other hostile humans to help defend the Wolves and Vampires in their midst. 

Lee Sunny

A human born wolf of the Lee Pack, she is all that is left of her previous members.  Hongbin was her Alpha before he passed away and Joon perished in a previous battle.  She has survived most of the battles relatively unscathed, though fell ill and recovered on their trek south.  She is the unofficial Alpha of the Lees, since no one else is present.  During their stay at the current home base, however, she has grown closer to Siwon and the two are considered a pair, though she refuses to get too close to him while things are as bleak as they are.  Typically, she spends a large portion of her time with Jieun and the other females in the main cave of their home base.

Lee Sungmin

A vampire of the Shim Clan, he joined Kyuhyun’s party when they were in Canada and has been with them ever since.  He has survived most of the battles relatively intact and is currently a member of Kyuhyun’s vampire patrol when they go out on forays.

Lee Taeil

One of the Lee Pack wolves in the care of Boa and the Park Hunters.  Along with Jonghyun, Chunji, and Yesung, they found a group of survivors and decided to remain with them because the Kim wolves wanted to.  Having no outright qualm with humans, the Lees were inclined to agree.  At the moment, he has allowed Namjoon and Yoongi to ride him, though he remains uneasy in the presence of the Parks.

Lee Taemin

One of the previously vengeful spirits of the gypsy band massacred when they were accused of using witchcraft.  He is the spirit that inhabits Ken and tends to take a backseat to most situations unless he is getting his host out of harm’s way.  Due to his ability to pick pockets, or locks, it was his skill that allowed Ken and the group he was part of to help release Seungho and his group mates so that they could take the military base they were infiltrating from the inside.  In the fight, he was unable to keep Ken from being injured and lost control of his host upon being shot.  Most of the time, he is known for simply riding along with Ken, though there have been times in the past when he decided to take his host out for a stroll.

Liu Amber

A wolf kin and cousin to the Han Pack, she was picked up by Luna’s brothers Sungmin, Karam, and Thunder when she smelled like Pack after the war began.  She joined the larger group after they were ambushed and has been with them since.  Tomboyish in nature, she is often treated like one of the guys and has found a place in the Wolf Rider Brigade in their new home.  She currently rides Junsu with Seungho and though there are rumors about who she currently favors, courtesy of N in particular, she has yet to show official interest in anyone.

Mi Zhou

A vampire of the Song Clan, and previously turned by Victoria, he was greatly saddened by his creator’s death in Canada.  He remained with Kyuhyun’s group after they continued on and despite receiving tremendous injuries on multiple occasions, he has survived his vampire kin Minzy and remained an integral part of the battle teams.  Unlike most Songs, he has not paired up with a Shim in particular, previously working most with Minzy.  Of late, he has taken Ren under his tutelage and the pair can be found in the company of Kangin’s vampire patrol.  Most recently, their group found supplies from a hospital but also ran afoul of an unknown foe that nearly killed Jinki in their first encounter.  He is en route to the base camp now.

Min Yoongi

One of the seven boys under Boa’s care after she inadvertently became their guardian when the half-way home they lived at became unsafe to stay in.  Along with Namjoon, Taehyung, Hoseok, Jin, Jungkook, and Jimin, they agreed to stay together even after their larger group ran into a small pack of stray wolves.  The other humans left or died off and now it is the eight of them, with four wolves, and the Park Hunters who travel at their side, allowing the Kim and Lee wolves to stay despite their reservations.  Yoongi rides the Lee wolf Taeil with Namjoon.

Moon Jongup

A wolf kin of the Choi Pack, he has always known about the Werewolves and Vampires.  When the fighting broke out, he opted to side with the nonhumans and was first injured in the ambush after they left Canada.  He often feels out of place in among the Chois, with the exception of Junhong, and the two were very close friends before the war began.  Since the fighting, they have drifted apart some but he has recently grown closer to Hyuk in particular.  They are obviously good friends though the exact nature of their relationship remains unknown.  Currently, he is part of the hunting and gathering team including Luna, Junhong, Karam, and Yoochun.

Park Bom (maimed – no longer a Hunter)

The middle Park Hunter and half sister to Sandara and Jungsu with different mothers, she is the most reserved of the group.  First sighted fighting against Seunghyun in the battle that killed Ryeowook and JR’s parents, the Parks have since made a reappearance in the company of Boa and her charges, including wolves of the Lee and Kim Packs.  In their most recent encounter with one of the new creatures, Bom walked away alive but like her sister Dara, she has become a normal human.

Park Jimin

One of the seven boys under Boa’s care after she inadvertently became their guardian when the half-way home they lived at became unsafe to stay in.  Along with Namjoon, Yoongi, Hoseok, Jin, Jungkook, and Taehyung, they agreed to stay together even after their larger group ran into a small pack of stray wolves.  The other humans left or died off and now it is the eight of them, with four wolves, and the Park Hunters who travel at their side, allowing the Kim and Lee wolves to stay despite their reservations.  Jimin rides the Kim wolf Jonghyun with Jin.

Park Jungsu (deceased)

The eldest Park Hunter and half brother to Bom and Sandara with different mothers, he is the tentative leader of their group.  First sighted fighting against Seunghyun in the battle that killed Ryeowook and JR’s parents, the Parks have since made a reappearance in the company of Boa and her charges, including wolves of the Lee and Kim Packs.  A stickler for propriety, he does not favor Dara’s relationship with Boa and it is a sore spot between them.  In their most recent encounter with one of the new plant monsters, he was killed while attacking it.  Both his sisters Dara and Bom were reverted back to humans when their powers were stolen by the creature.

Park Karam (maimed)

A wolf born member of the Park Pack and one of Luna’s three brothers.  They were separated as pups when their mother went rogue and he only recently found her again, just after the war started.  He survived the majority of their battles since rejoining with his sister relatively whole, though he fell ill during their trek to safety in the south.  At present, he is the only healthy sibling Luna has left and he is still grieving for the loss of Thunder and Sungmin’s current state.  He is most recently disgruntled that his sister has been seeking help more from Junhong than himself.  Upon trying to save his sister from being crushed to death

Park Kyung

A human born wolf of the Park Pack under the Alpha Yoochun.  His packmate is Luna and he is cousins with Henry.  Almost miraculously, he escaped the major battles after the fighting began relatively lightly.  Like most wolves, he fell ill on the journey south but recovered quickly and has since become a part of the Wolf Rider Brigade.  He carries Taeyang and Minhyuk on patrol.

Park Sandara (Dara) (maimed – lost her powers)

The youngest Park Hunter and half sister to Bom and Jungsu with different mothers, she is the most outgoing of the group.  First sighted fighting against Seunghyun in the battle that killed Ryeowook and JR’s parents, the Parks have since made a reappearance in the company of Boa and her charges, including wolves of the Lee and Kim Packs.  Though she has two children by different fathers already, as per the demands of her station, she is most attracted to the same gender and is currently in a relationship with Boa.  She is both annoyed and amused by the fact that her brother disapproves of it, though she remains close with Bom who does not seem to mind her inclinations.  In their most recent encounter with one of the new creatures, she and her sister Bom lost their Hunter powers.  Jungsu was killed in the battle.

Park Sungmin (crippled)

A wolf born member of the Park Pack and one of Luna’s three brothers.  They were separated as pups when their mother went rogue and he only recently found her again, just after the war started.  He survived the majority of their battles since rejoining with his sister relatively whole, if battered, though he was reduced to a childlike mentality when he fell ill during their trek to the safety in the south.  Due to his current status, he remains close to home base and is Jieun’s unofficial guard at all times. 

Park Luna

A wolf born member of the Park Pack under Yoochun, she is only approximately four years old, though biologically mature.  In her human form, she is smaller in height than most females, but is fairly sturdy.  She has mid-length, brunette hair and dark eyes.  In her wolf form, she is mostly white with blue eyes.  After being orphaned when her rogue mother was put down by the Bang Hunters, she was pseudo adopted by Minsoo until they could give her into the care of Yoochun.  Genetically stunted in her wolf and terror forms, she is often mistaken for a pup though she is full grown.  Luna never went to school and only has a very rudimentary education but she grew up in the cabin Henry stays at and has helped many wolves heal or readjust to life after an injury.  For a wolf, she was often known to have an unnaturally close attachment to Minsoo and became his personal guardian when he was severely wounded in one of the earlier battles with the wolves.  Recently, she is recovering from a broken heart upon being rejected romantically by Minsoo and has been most drawn to Junhong of the Choi pack.  Further devastated by the death of Thunder and the illness of Sungmin, she finds Karam’s attention stifling in its overprotectiveness.

Park Thunder (deceased)

A wolf born member of the Park Pack and one of Luna’s three brothers.  They were separated as pups when their mother went rogue and he only recently found her again, just after the war started.  He survived the majority of their battles since rejoining with his sister relatively whole, if battered, though he succumbed to the illness meant for the wolves after they reached their current home base.

Park Yoochun (maimed)

The human born Alpha of the Park Pack who is of medium build in his human form with dark eyes and dark brown hair.  In his wolf form, he is large and covered in dark gray fur.  He took Luna in when she was a pup and raised her to the best of his ability.  In his role as guardian in the area near the Canadian border, he worked closely with Henry to find and rehabilitate any injured wolves nearby.  He has a close, working relationship with the Possessed Chaerin in particular who often came by to lend the abilities of Krystal to the injured in his care.  He joined Kyuhyun’s group after they crossed the Canadian border and followed Changmin when the vampire went off for revenge.  In one of the ensuing battles, he was badly injured, losing part of his left leg and experiencing a temporary loss of use of his left arm.  During his recovery, he spent a lot of time in the company of Byunghee who was also severely injured.  The two have developed a close relationship that others have found hard to define and they have yet to put a name on themselves.  Mostly, he tries to remain useful though to move around with any speed, he has to maintain his wolf form.  At present, he patrols with Luna, Karam, Junhong, and Jongup.

Possessed

The unlucky, cursed descendants of the attackers who mercilessly slayed a gypsy clan for witchcraft.  Among the five haunts, they typically inhabit one host per spirit, though sometimes more than one share a body.  When the most recent descendants are actively possessed, they are in full possession of the knowledge and skills of the spirit that inhabits their body, plus whatever additional information they’ve accumulated over the centuries.  The spirits are also able to infuse the host with additional power/strength at certain intervals.  Possession is hard on the host body in particular, leaving them weakened and vulnerable after most sessions.  Each spirit has a specific strength though and can now be called upon on occasion, depending on the favor the host has managed to accrue, or not.

  • Donghae: focusing more on animal care, he learned the ins and outs of first aid and mending larger wounds
  • Hyukjae: one of the resident entertainers at the time, he specialized in bardic talents of song, dance, and flair
  • Krystal: a rising healer, she was well trained in the healing arts with potions and tinctures
  • L. Joe: a master of combat, he is exceptionally good with knives and throwing daggers.
  • Taemin: he was a deceptively innocent young man who was almost preternaturally good at pick pocketing

 

When the spirit inhabits the body, by the host’s permission or otherwise, the host is completely unaware of what happens next in a total black out of memory.  On the other hand, the spirit is aware at all times, even when the host is sleeping.  Though they inhabit the same body, they cannot communicate at the same time: the spirit can hear just fine but to speak with their host, they must use an intermediary to deliver their message or write something down for the host to find.

Pyo Jihoon

One of the surviving humans who has long since counted himself a friend to the werewolves.  He knew of their existence before the war and has since thrown his lot in with them, fighting against other hostile humans to help defend the Wolves and Vampires in their midst.  He has survived the majority of the battles until they fled south and his now a part of the Perimeter Patrol group with Zico, Minho, and Dongho.

Satoru

The strange new man who was found by Mir and Mika inside one of the newly named Guardians.  Connected to the creature by vines and plant growth, he explains to Mir that they are learning beings that have risen in reaction to the imbalance in the world.  He is also credited for having found Hyoyeon after she was found in the desert near where he was staying.  Per his words, she had been nearly shot to death and he nursed her back to health.  After she fell ill, he stayed close but it wasn’t until the Guardians arrived that he began to understand the real nature of what she was and how she’d been affected by the sickness.  He is now a voluntary voice for the creature that carries him around.

Shim Changmin

The vampire leader of the Shim Clan and previously partner to Victoria.  He met up with Kyuhyun’s group in Canada when they were first beginning to prepare for the war.  After the death of Victoria, he set out on a personal crusade for vengeance, dragging several nonhumans along with him.  After a couple hard battles, he lost his thirst for blood and concentrated on getting the survivors to safety.  In the battle before he regrouped with Kyuhyun, he lost his left arm due to gunfire.  When Niel fell in the same battle, he adopted Changjo as his Song partner and the two have been inseparable since.  He is most known for having a biting sense of humor but he has remained close with Kyuhyun in particular and is a regular member of the vampire patrol when they go out on forays.

Shin Dongho

One of the surviving humans who has long since counted himself a friend to the werewolves.  He knew of their existence before the war and has since thrown his lot in with them, fighting against other hostile humans to help defend the Wolves and Vampires in their midst.  He has survived the majority of the battles until they fled south and his now a part of the Perimeter Patrol group with Zico, Minho, and Jihoon.

Shin Soohyun

A former military soldier that the nonhumans incidentally freed and recruited after they were found in a military base the wolves and vampires were trying to infiltrate.  He was allowed into their pack when it was confirmed that he, with his other group mates Taeyang, Seungho, and Zico, were deserters after being misled about the nature of the human trials they volunteered for.  Good with a gun (or combat in general) and backed by strong military experience, he is a solid member of the patrols around their new base.  Lately, he is part of the Wolf Rider Brigade where he and Yukwon ride on Sanghyuk during forays.

Song Jieun

One of the surviving humans who has long since counted herself a friend to the werewolves.  She knew of their existence before the war and has since thrown her lot in with them, fighting against other hostile humans to help defend the Wolves and Vampires in their midst.  After surviving the worst of the war, she grew close to the rescued Zico among the former military members in the final base they attacked.  Since living in the relative safety of their new camp, she is the first to become pregnant and has been commanded to remain in the safety of the cave under watchful eyes.  The now mentally deficient wolf Sungmin is constantly at her side, to her chagrin and Zico’s annoyance.

Song Victoria (deceased)

The first official casualty of the fighting between the nonhumans and humans.  She was the leader of the Songs in the Western Hemisphere and long time friend and partner to Changmin.  In the battle to defend the recovering group from a surprise attack of human created half-turneds, she succumbed to the engineered virus meant specifically for the vampires.

Vampires (sometimes called Walkers)

A race of creatures that began when began when the people who worshipped the older gods sought a way to make their enemies pay for continued atrocities against them.  They made many sacrifices (both animal and human) to the gods for a weapon against their enemies.  The power of their will took form in the slain body of the seventh victim on the seventh day, when he rose again.  As he had been created to do, the risen wrought terror and destruction among their foes, but when his task was completed, he turned his sights upon those who had summoned him.  Resentful of being raised and compelled to do their bidding against his former allies, and disgusted by his creators’ pride at his success, he destroyed them as well.  As penance for their deed, he chose four of the slain to imbue a part of his self in, granting each of them one of the abilities he harbored, thereby creating the progenitors of the continuing clans. 

  • Cha: Granted wings and the power of flight, they are the messengers of the Clans
  • Cho: Cursed by perfect memories and the ability to generate electrical charges at will, they are the historians of the Clans.  In addition, they fulfill the role of tactical strategists, guides, and whatever other task necessary as determined by their store of acquired knowledge
  • Shim: Burdened by hyper-sensory perceptions, they are the perfect spies, information gatherers, and lookouts of the Clans.  They often willingly give up martial training to hone and manage their other senses, relying on the defensive partnership they typically have with the Songs.
  • Song: Empowered by incredible durability and unnatural flexibility, they are the perfect combatants of the Clans.  Their structure makes it nearly impossible to break them and they are most often known for acting as guards to the less martially capable but infinitely more aware Shims.

Vampires are additionally cursed with a compulsion to live, like their original creator, no matter how much they might wish to die.  Future vampires are created in a similar manner, often by one of the original members, in order to fight off the loneliness of eternity.  Contrary to media portrayal, humans who are bitten will not change.  They must drink a vampire’s blood to become a half-turned and then drink from a vampire directly to complete the change.  A newly turned vampire will take on whatever Clan powers they gain from the vampire they drank from.

Werewolves (sometimes called Prowlers)

Creatures with the ability to transform into a human, wolf or terror form at will.  They heal noticeably faster in their wolf or terror form, but for obvious reasons, the latter is not preferable.  Their larger than average wolf shape is also cause for concern so those that choose to live among humans remain in their human guise.  In their terror shape, they become a seven or eight foot humanoid creature that can travel on two or four feet, is moderately covered in thick patches of fur and has the natural weapons of incredible claws and powerful jaws.  In all their forms, werewolves are abnormally strong and they have to be careful in public to make sure they don’t give themselves away by this trait.  They can transform at will though it is easier to shift during a full moon when the lunar powers are stronger and the material bindings of what is real don’t hold so tight.  Shifting is not typically instantaneous but in times of great duress or need, it can be expedited substantially.  Among the Werewolf race, there are six clans in total:

  • Choi: Allies to the Jungs in particular and one of the most aggressive of the groups.  After centuries of conflict, they came to the conclusion that the humans need to be knocked down a peg or two so the wolves can live in peace and not have to hide among their weaker neighbors.
  • Han: One of the peacemakers of the clans and most sympathetic to the humans, the Hans tend to believe both sides can coexist if they just speak together and come to understand their differences.  They are most reluctant to fight except to defend themselves, or other humans, and never at the cost of human life if they can help it.  Though, it is safe to say the war has begun to test the limits of their beliefs.
  • Jung: Allies to the Chois in particular and one of the most aggressive of the groups.  After centuries of conflict, they came to the conclusion that the humans need to be knocked down a peg or two so the wolves can live in peace and not have to hide among their weaker neighbors.
  • Lee: Of a similar mindset as the Parks, they are technically a neutral party, allying with humans just as often as wolves.  Like the Parks, they exist between the other four clans as neither hostile nor defensive.  They have been known to help any of their brethren just as much kinfolk, or those humans they consider friends.  They’re also the two clans that the Possessed have a greatest association with, favoring the less extreme neutral ground to correspond upon. 
  • Kim: One of the peacemakers of the clans and most sympathetic to the humans, the Kims tend to believe both sides can coexist if they just speak together and come to understand their differences.  They are most reluctant to fight except to defend themselves, or other humans, and never at the cost of human life if they can help it.  Though, it is safe to say the war has begun to test the limits of their beliefs.
  • Park: Of a similar mindset as the Lees, they are technically a neutral party, allying with humans just as often as wolves.  Like the Lees, they exist between the other four clans as neither hostile nor defensive.  They have been known to help any of their brethren just as much kinfolk, or those humans they consider friends.  They’re also the two clans that the Possessed have a greatest association with, favoring the less extreme neutral ground to correspond upon. 

Wolf Kin

Humans who are born into wolf families without any of the abilities to transform.  As cousins to the wolves, they have trace genetic similarities and often smell like their kin, but have none of the benefits other than an increased immune system and what some might call a preternatural grace.  They often work closely with wolves to help them fit into human society and provide helping hands at retreats where needed.

Woo Zico

A former military soldier that the nonhumans incidentally freed and recruited after they were found in a military base the wolves and vampires were trying to infiltrate.  He was allowed into their pack when it was confirmed that he, with his other group mates Soohyun, Seungho, and Taeyang, were deserters after being misled about the nature of the human trials they volunteered for.  After their trek across the country and further acceptance into the group, he got close to Jieun and they became an official item not long after.  Good with a gun (or combat in general) and backed by strong military experience, he is a solid member of the Perimeter Patrol group near their home base, often seen in the company of Minho, Jihoon, and Dongho.  Most recently, he is known for getting Jieun pregnant and trying to deal with an overly protective group of female wolves and the staunchly defensive, albeit mentally deficient Sungmin.

Yang Seungho

A former military soldier that the nonhumans incidentally freed and recruited after they were found in a military base the wolves and vampires were trying to infiltrate.  Though a recent half-turned himself, he was allowed into their pack when it was confirmed that he, with his other group mates Soohyun, Taeyang, and Zico, were deserters after being misled about the nature of the human trials they volunteered for.  Formerly his group’s leader, he is good with a gun (or combat in general) and backed by strong military experience.  As such, he is a solid member of the patrols around their new base.  Lately, he has been part of the Wolf Rider Brigade where he and Amber ride on Junsu during forays.

Yoo Ricky

One of the feeder humans the Kims inadvertently rescued from a rogue band of vampires after destroying the nonhumans.  Young and shy, he mostly relies on Aron as a form of support, though he is grateful to the Kims for saving them.  It will probably take some time for him to recover from the shock of being a vampire’s unwilling food.

Yoo Youngjae

A vampire of the Cho clan.  He was picked up by Changmin’s group when the vampire left to seek revenge for Victoria’s death.  Almost unbearably inquisitive, his curiosity and need to be correct or to know have gotten him into trouble on more than one occasion.  Though he survived the majority of the war mostly unharmed, he has recently come under some strange effects from the unknown creature Kangin’s vampire patrol ran into on the return journey back to their base.