Strangers

It Begins With Blood

                So he got off to a rocky start.  Honestly, he’d had worse mornings in Chicago and Ryeowook figured he could cut them some slack, but they were doing nothing to help him reevaluate his thoughts of strange mountain people.  A sidelong glance at his best friend, who had changed a fair bit since he’d seen him in person two years ago, was also not bolstering his thoughts on the matter.  The young man was more different than he’d initially thought, though the shifts were subtle.  Not that they weren’t friends but there was something else.  It still felt like there was something that Henry wasn’t telling him and it was odd…

                “What?” Henry asked as if he could hear Ryeowook’s thoughts running rampant while they drove.

                “Nothing,” Ryeowook answered immediately, smiling with a blush that gave him away.  He felt Henry looking at him and wished he would pay attention to the road instead.  Why were they so far out here?  Honestly.  They didn’t have to be so removed from civilization to do the work they did.  Did they?

                “Come on, Wookie,” his friend prodded with a smile, reaching over to grab one of the hands in his lap, clasping it firmly.  “I know none of this is anything you’re probably used to,” he offered as a way to get the conversation started while the CD player continued streaming music.

                That was an understatement.  Gathering his courage, Ryeowook held Henry’s hand in both of his and looked over at the younger male.  He opened his mouth to speak, but quickly amended his initial thought, “This place is… different.”

                Henry chuckled and nodded in agreement, not even bothering to deny it.  “That is one way of describing it.”

                “How do you do it?” Ryeowook asked, genuinely curious for a moment.

                Baffled, Henry looked back at him and responded, “Do what?”

                Now it was Ryeowook’s turn to be confused as he gestured towards the thinning trees as they continued to make their way towards town, “Live out here.”

                To his credit, Henry didn’t snap back an answer or even get offended.  He actually paused to give the question, which Ryeowook had always appreciated about him.  While he might be young, he wasn’t often needlessly rash.  “You get used to it,” he finally admitted with a reassuring squeeze.

                “Really?” Ryeowook responded with a raised brow, scratching his light brown hair with one finger.

                “Really,” the younger male chuckled with a smile.  His gaze turned distant as he watched the road and Ryeowook could see a certain wonder in his eyes when he spoke again.  “Sometimes, you can see things out here that you aren’t likely to find anywhere else,” he murmured fondly.

                Ryeowook was entranced by the emotion in his friend’s tone and couldn’t begin to fathom what he was talking about.  “Like…?” he prompted, leaning forward in his seat to get a better look into his driver’s face.

                “For starters,” Henry began, tilting his head to meet Ryeowook’s gaze.  “Have you ever seen a wolf as big as Ravi?”  The other male shook his head and smiled giddily at the memory.  “And that’s only the beginning,” he promised with a slow wink.

                “Hmm,” the smaller male hummed to himself in thought, leaning back in his seat as he mulled that over.  Ravi was stunning, if simultaneously terrifying due to his sheer size.  It made him wonder what kind of hunter could have done that much damage to him… or why.

                He was pulled from his reverie when Henry tugged on his hand and pointed his attention to the leveling out ground ahead of them.  “Now.  Our little ol town doesn’t have a whole lot to offer but I figured I could show you around some of the mom and pop shops and see if we can’t find something neat to come back with.  How’s that sound?”

                At the sound of mom and pop shops, Ryeowook was sold.  “You know me so well,” he grinned, all giddiness and delight.  While he liked the convenience of mainstream stores, there was definitely something to be said for handmade and homegrown stuff.

                Henry shrugged and added, “I didn’t think either of us would have changed that much.”

                Ryeowook’s smile faltered just a hair at the words and he had to wonder if maybe Henry was some sort of mind reader.  Or maybe he was just reading too much into stuff after the morning, since his friend was otherwise oblivious as he started singing along with the radio.  Well that certainly hadn’t changed either.  Letting the moment sink in, he joined in the fun and sat back to enjoy the rest of the ride.

                With Henry leading the way, Ryeowook was guided all over the very tiny town of Eureka.  It really was nothing but mom and pop stores in the main shopping strip.  Not entirely surprisingly, Henry seemed to know everyone and he wasn’t shy about introducing them to Ryeowook in the process.  Really, if he had to describe the place in one word, it would be quaint.  Or charming.  It was sort of a toss up and he was beginning to see why Henry had opted to stay.

                The shops were adorable; the restaurants even more so.  They had all of two them and a bakery, all rumored to have spectacular food.  Their waitress at the first restaurant, a young woman who appeared to be heading into her thirties with an easy smile and naturally blonde hair, sat and chatted with them in a completely friendly manner, providing nothing more than playful banter and the occasional flirtatious wink.  In short, she was very charming and Ryeowook felt even more inclined to tip her well since she wasn’t trying to work them like the staff back home.

                “See.  What did I tell you?” Henry smiled with a wave towards the interior of the restaurant.

                Decades of history lined the walls in the form of pictures, newspaper clippings, and other larger decorations as well.  It was a little overwhelming and it would have been easy to brush it off except he started to see a recurring pattern in a lot of the text or images: wolves.  Chirping thoughtfully to himself, he nodded towards the wall and asked, “Do they see a lot of wolves down here too?”

                Henry turned to follow his gaze and frowned slightly.  “Not usually, but they are a familiar creature in the area.  Most folks don’t pay them any mind since they help keep the pest population under control and regulate the herd size of some of the larger mammals here.”

                “Don’t they attack pets and livestock and stuff?” Ryeowook asked in confusion.

                “Not around here,” Henry responded, leaving his friend conflicted.

                There it was again.  That tone in his voice which seemed to indicate he knew more than he was letting on.  Ryeowook wanted to know too…  Whatever it was.  Unfortunately, no matter how many looks he continued to give his best friend, or how many roundabout questions he managed to sneak in while they were running around the town, Henry fended each one off deftly and perfectly pretended he had no idea that Ryeowook had anything else on his mind.  If it hadn’t been so brilliant, Ryeowook might have been offended.

                As it was, he was generally sufficiently distracted the rest of the day as they scoured the town and made Ryeowook familiar with the area.  When it started to get dark, the pair agreed to grab a quick bite to eat in the second restaurant they hadn’t been able to visit earlier and Ryeowook was delighted once more.  The staff was polite and entertaining and the company was good so he could find no fault with it.  He noticed a similar trend of wolf imagery on the interior but didn’t ask about it this time, keeping his thoughts to himself.

                Pleasantly sated, the duo walked out together, after Henry paid for the meal like he did earlier in the day, and their conversation stalled as the younger male noticed it was full dark with only the fading hint of sunlight showing over the mountainside.  Ryeowook thought nothing of it until he noticed Henry slowing down and looking intently down the road.  They hadn’t reached his truck yet so it was odd for him to simply pause mid-destination, making Ryeowook follow his gaze.

                “Do you know him?” he asked, noticing the tall figure looking their way with an unreadable expression; his appearance odd next to the old-fashioned architecture beside him.

                Henry glanced at him out of the corner of his eyes, reluctant to look away from the other person with a hesitant shake of his head.  “No.  He’s new,” he admitted, placing his hand against Ryeowook’s back as he pushed him forward to get them moving again, tension obvious in his posture.

                Confused, Ryeowook craned around to get a better look at the stranger, noticing eyes that seemed unusually bright in the faint moonlight and a pale complexion that was filled with an amused smirk.  He looked normal enough otherwise, though his clothes were of a slightly nicer quality than most of the denizens present, with kempt hair that looked effortlessly mussed but probably took ten minutes to style correctly.  Looking back to Henry, he blinked with furrowed brows, still allowing himself to be led.  “He looks like he knows you.  Or wants to talk maybe…” he suggested, recalling a similar expression among the homeless in his town, only he lacked the desperate air entirely.

                “Nah,” Henry waved his concern off with a forced smile, guiding Ryeowook to the passenger side of his truck to help the shorter male in before he jogged back around to get in his side.

                In the safety of the cab, Ryeowook tried to find the stranger once more, confounded about the change in Henry’s behavior.  But when he looked again, the other male was nowhere to be found.  “Where did he go?”

                Henry didn’t respond as he turned the ignition and locked his door.  “Probably just wandered off,” he finally answered, nervously checking the rearview mirror before his eyes steadied on the road ahead of him.

                “To where?” Ryeowook asked immediately.  There was nowhere to go in the town.  He frowned when Henry simply reached over to turn the music up a bit louder, inhibiting conversation.  The tension that had appeared with the stranger remained in place and Ryeowook noticed Henry’s jaw clench, his hands unusually tight on the steering wheel.  “Are you alright?” he asked, extending his hand as if to touch the younger male uncertainly.

                At the question, Henry started and then laughed nervously.  “Sorry, Wookie.  I think dinner’s not sitting well,” he joked, turning the music down to return to a semblance of the way things had been as they drove into town.

                “But you have an iron stomach,” Ryeowook threw back suspiciously.

                “Used to,” Henry winked, letting his hands tap on the steering wheel instead.

                “Right…” the shorter male scoffed, settling in his seat pensively.  The Henry he used to know wouldn’t have hesitated to tell him anything and it felt as if the entire time he’d been down, the whole one day, they’d been skirting around something his friend knew and he didn’t.  First Yoochun and his growling, then Luna who was increasingly showing how unusually smart she was; the siblings who came to help sometimes and even Ravi all made Ryeowook question everything about his stay.  And then his best friend was someone he remembered, though he now had a different side to him that Ryeowook did not like.

                “Hey,” the younger male called, reaching over to grab his friend’s arm gently, slightly concerned.  “I’m sorry.”  Wary and still a bit hurt by his evasiveness, Ryeowook looked over with a wounded air, hands tucked into the folds of his elbows.  Henry winced and gave a pained laugh, “You always did kill with that expression.”

                “I just… I don’t understand,” Ryeowook admitted with a catch in his voice, relaxing his arms enough to cover Henry’s hand with one of his.

                His companion’s expression reflected sympathy and mute apology.  But what Ryeowook was most interested in was the understanding.  He didn’t say it and there was no indication other than the fact that he had moved out here after college, but Henry knew exactly what his friend was experiencing, albeit in a different manner.  There was also fear, and that, more than anything else, cut Ryeowook; to know that his friend was afraid of something about his reaction.

                “It’ll be better tomorrow.  I promise,” Henry urged in a tone that was just shy of pleading.

                Ryeowook drudged up a weak smile from somewhere, still confused but he hated it when Henry looked so uncertain… so shaky.  “I believe you,” he murmured, tightening his fingers around the hand still holding to his arm, a desperate quality to the contact.  The relief was instantaneous and palpable and again, Ryeowook knew there was a piece to the puzzle he was missing, but… he was happy to simply get things back to where they should be between them.  Besides, he had almost two weeks to figure it out anyway.

                With the appearance of the stranger and Henry’s odd reaction still hanging between them in uncomfortable silence, the pair returned home to a quiet house.  Yoochun’s truck was still gone and the lights were off inside, indicating the older male had yet to return, though Henry didn’t seem bothered by it.  The younger male just gestured Ryeowook inside where they were greeted by an overly enthusiastic Luna who lavished attention on him unabashedly.

                It was easy to let his attention focus on the little wolf and push away the rest of his discomfit for the time being.  He was aware of Henry making the rounds in thoughtful silence, running through the house once before he headed out back to check on the barn.  Luna kept Ryeowook otherwise distracted and he had to be rescued by Henry when he returned since she seemed bound and determined to attach herself to his lap.

                “Stop that, you,” Henry snorted wryly, bringing her close to whisper something into the back of neck.  She stilled almost immediately, making Ryeowook look at her oddly, before his companion set her on the ground and she hurried off, rushing outside with her ears up and tail stiff behind her.

                “What was that about?” Ryeowook asked, confounded.

                “Nothing much,” Henry waved, heading into the kitchen.  “She just needs to go outside for a bit is all,” he assured his guest, returning shortly.

                Ryeowook chewed his bottom lip suspiciously, but kept the thought that Luna was really too smart for her own good to himself.  She was almost freakishly intelligent and he didn’t know what to think about it.

                “Well, it’s been a bit of a long day, so I think I’m gonna call it early,” Henry explained, drawing close to hug the seated Ryeowook tightly.

                “Okay,” the shorter male chirped, wrapping his arms around the slender but muscled frame.  “Get some rest, ne?” he urged, propping his chin on the still tense shoulder.

                Henry nodded in agreement, his hair tickling Ryeowook’s cheek, and then murmured, “I really am glad you came.”

                There was a note in his voice that he hadn’t heard yet and it made Ryeowook want to cry.  He knew they’d been living separate lives for two years but he hadn’t realized the other male had missed the contact as much as he had.  Despite his misgivings about what had happened so far, he couldn’t help but hug his friend tighter and give a more encouraging smile.  “Me too, Henry,” he promised, rubbing the curved spine lightly before the younger male pulled away, hand sliding down his arm to catch Ryeowook’s fingers.

                “Don’t stay up too late,” he smiled, the expression genuine at last.

                Ryeowook shook his head and laughed.  “I won’t,” he answered with a squeeze of Henry’s hand before he shooed him off.  In fact, he would probably follow shortly, all things considered.  Sleep made everything better in the end.

                And after those first two really odd days, things did seem to quiet down for the most part.  Yoochun still wasn’t back the next day, though Luna reappeared as if she’d never left and proceeded to shamelessly pester Ryeowook for attention again.  Henry and his guest had a normal enough breakfast followed by some general lounging, a lazy stroll through the woods around the cabin, and then more lounging where the younger male offered to play the piano closeted in one of the spare rooms that Ryeowook had missed on his first walk through.

                With just the two of them, and the ever present Luna who continued to earn odd looks from Henry, it almost felt like things had never changed between them.  When Ryeowook asked about Yoochun, he was simply told that the other male was often gone for days at a time and not to worry.  Quite frankly, since Henry wasn’t worried, neither was Ryeowook and it felt good to just be able to enjoy the downtime without worrying about deadlines or the tedium of a regular workday and the inherent traffic thereafter.  It was just… peaceful.

                In fact, one of the only particularly odd things about staying in the cabin was that the news, either on the radio or the television, was always on.  Ryeowook tended to avoid it like the plague, as more often than not, it was something negative, but he caught Henry tuning in several times, usually when there was the mention of an attack of some sort.  None of it was local though, so he usually brushed it off and went about his day, but it certainly made Ryeowook wonder.  Granted, he already had plenty to think about on his plate but it was just one more piece to the puzzle.

                For the next couple days, Henry maintained the barn in the back with Ryeowook helping occasionally.  He checked in on Ravi a time or two and had the opportunity to see both Chaerin and Ken again, though this time the former seemed to have a massive personality change.  While Ken helped Ryeowook entertain the mass of pups, his sister mostly just moped about, poking at things in boredom until Henry came to speak to her in a quiet tone.

                Unabashedly, Ryeowook listened in and was even more curious to hear how Henry spoke to Chaerin but he kept using the terms ‘she’ and ‘her’ while apparently indicating the young woman before him.  He honestly didn’t know what to think about the exchange and, needless to say, the siblings didn’t stay long.

                Even more interesting than that though, was the phone call Henry got which Ryeowook only happened to catch on a midnight trip to the bathroom.  Since he’d thought Henry was asleep already, he was curious about the sound of a muted voice in the cabin and went to investigate, only to catch the tail end of a conversation his friend was having in a very quiet voice on the rotary phone in a dark room.  He managed to hear something about ‘tomorrow night’ and ‘he’s ready’ and then Henry was ending the call and turning around.

                “Wookie?” he asked, squinting into the shadows of the doorway.

                Crap!  He hadn’t meant to be seen.  Rubbing the back of his neck in embarrassment, Ryeowook stepped into the room, only slightly more visible for the moonlight streaming in the window.  “Yeah.  I had to use the restroom and heard you up so…” he trailed off, shifting in place uncertainly.

                Henry offered a quick smile in return and closed the distance between them.  “I didn’t wake you did I?”

                “Huh?” Ryeowook chirped, surprised by the question.  “Not at all,” he promised, waving is hand dismissively.

                “Good.  I’m glad,” Henry sighed, rubbing his hand up and down Ryeowook’s arm in a friendly manner.  For a moment, it almost looked as if he wanted to say something, the beginnings of a thought clouding his face.  He opened his mouth to speak, “Wookie…”  His voice petered out and the expression changed slightly as he defaulted to something else, “We should get back to bed.”

                Immensely frustrated and even more curious about what his friend had been about to say, Ryeowook stifled his annoyance and nodded in agreement with a curious glance at the phone.  “Ne.  It is late,” he confirmed with a look out the window.  Just like that, the moment passed as if nothing had happened, though Ryeowook would be lying if he said he didn’t stay up all night thinking…

                The next day was nothing special except for the fact that Henry ran indoors the following morning after being in the barn, a giddy expression on his face.  “Wookie!” he flailed, practically bowling his friend over when he ran into him in the den.

                “What?!” Ryeowook yelped, shrinking in on himself at his friend’s exuberance.

                “Micky’s here!  Come on!  You’ve gotta come see him,” he winked, grabbing one slender hand in his and pulling his companion along.

                “Yah!” the older male yelled, dragged quite unexpectedly.  He was not prepared for the sight that met him when he cleared the doorway and latched onto the frame with his free hand, refusing to blink.  “Oh my god!” he gasped, staring at the massive wolf between them and the barn, the monstrous dark gray beast sniffing noses with the miniscule Luna.  “Henry!  He’s gonna eat her!” he gasped in panic, frantically pointing at the white ball of fur that would be little more than a mouthful for the wolf.

                Henry laughed once and gave his friend a sympathetic look.  “No he’s not.  Come on,” he urged, giving the trembling hand a gentle tug to get Ryeowook unlatched from the doorway.

                Ryeowook looked between Henry and the huge, golden eyed beast that lifted his head to peer at the pair calmly.  He had to be as big, as if not bigger than, Ravi which made him about the size of a freaking pony, and there he was; just standing in the yard as if he belonged there.  Ryeowook whimpered softly and reluctantly allowed himself to be dragged closer, still terrified for Luna and very worried for both of them in turn.

                “Hey Micky,” Henry greeted, waving the wolf closer.  “Don’t be grumpy today,” he urged with an amused tone.

                “Henry!” Ryeowook gasped, locking up when he saw the shaggy beast his muzzle and amble towards them, carefully stepping over the energetic Luna beneath him.

                “It’s alright,” Henry promised with a warm, reassuring smile.  “Here,” he murmured, pulling Ryeowook close so that the shorter male was in front of him.

                Ryeowook hardly dared to breathe as Henry wrapped one arm around his waist and grabbed his wrist with the other, holding it out towards Micky.  He was strangely conflicted because, as usual, he felt safe in Henry’s company with his back pressed against the younger boy’s chest, but the huge thing looking at him was terrifying.  “It’s okay…” he whispered, not even remotely sure if he was saying it to the wolf or himself.

                Micky smirked at him, there was no other way to describe it, and closed the distance, moving to push his cold nose into Ryeowook’s hand forcefully.  That, he could deal with, but when the wolf actually his palm with that weird twinkle in his eyes, it was too much.

                “Yah!” Ryeowook shrieked, jerking his hand back and running inside for all that he was worth.

                “Wookie!  Wait!” he heard Henry cry but he didn’t slow down at all until the back door was shut and locked between them.

                Peering from his vantage point in the safety of the cabin, Ryeowook watched as Henry appeared to speak to Micky who seemed to understand.  He had never credited them with that much intelligence.  It took a good long while for Ryeowook to calm down that morning, despite all of his Henry’s assurances to the contrary that Micky harmed him.  At least Henry didn’t seem surprised when Ryeowook flat out refused to budge from the house later that day.

                So it was more news and downtime, which wasn’t exactly a bad thing, the negative reports on the station notwithstanding.  However, he did wake up later in the evening that night when it felt like someone was watching him.  A very startled and jittery Ryeowook woke up with the impression of silver eyes in the window.  Checking to be sure, he didn’t see anything more than a bright moon but it was still irritating.

                On a trip to get some water, he saw what had to be headlights shine in through the windows.  More than curious, he tiptoed to the window to see outside and watched in fascinated wonder as he saw Henry interacting with another young man who looked rather harmless with an almost sweet face and short, dark hair.  He looked almost exactly like how Yoochun dressed, but there was an air about him that spoke of power, or at least confidence.

                They both watched Henry walk off towards the back while Luna ran about animatedly and, almost as if he was aware he was being watched, the stranger slowly looked up to where Ryeowook was peering out the window and winked.  The slender male froze and waved awkwardly, abashed he’d been caught red-handed.  Fortunately, the stranger didn’t seem offended and he merely turned his attention back to Henry who returned with another… young man in tow.  What?

                Even more perplexed, Ryeowook watched the silver haired individual, who appeared to be nursing some sort of bruise or wound under his clothes, embrace the newcomer warmly.  Henry looked his way when the stranger pointed out he was watching and managed another convincing smile, waving as if nothing was wrong.  Well, if no one was going to chase him off, he was going to watch then.  The silver haired young man turned to look at him and grinned, his expression oddly familiar, though Ryeowook had no idea why.

                It didn’t take them long to be on their way, getting into the pickup truck and heading off while Henry returned inside.  Ryeowook wanted to ask him about it but his younger friend deftly avoided him and disappeared into his room with all manner of haste.  Well damn.  Ryeowook supposed it could wait until the morning, but it was going to be another long night…

                He wasn’t wrong and his earlier than usual morning was rather disrupted as well when they had additional guests come to visit.

                “Ah bugger,” Henry grumbled when he peered out the front window, drawn by Luna’s high pitched whine.

                “What?” a sleepy Ryeowook asked as he rubbed his eyes and wandered after the younger male, breakfast otherwise forgotten.

                Henry made an annoyed face and turned to look at his friend.  “It’s the Bang brothers,” he muttered with a roll of his eyes.

                “Who?” Ryeowook murmured in confusion, looking out for himself as Henry ran off quickly.  He was immediately surprised by the appearance of three rather eccentric looking young men who were climbing out of a green, four door car; something other than a truck!  That wasn’t his concern though as they all seemed strangely on guard with odd attire and an unusual wariness about them that Ryeowook couldn’t explain.  “What?” he asked when Luna bounded onto the chair that let her peek out the window with him and growled, though her tail wagged rather contradictorily.

                She looked up at him and whined, ears laid back as her tail continued to wag back and forth animatedly.  Henry returned before either of them could think of something else to say and he sighed, heavily.  “The Bang brothers are… odd.  But mostly good people.”  At Luna’s conflicted whine, he glared at her and reiterated, “I said mostly good!  And you like the one anyway,” he pointed accusingly, at which she hung her head with guilt and quieted down.

                “I’m confused,” Ryeowook explained, raising his hand like he was in middle school and feeling entirely out of place in his pajamas.

                “Just…” Henry paused as he got a look at his guest.  “Act natural?” he offered instead with a shrug that tensed up when they both heard the doorbell ring.  Luna whined and growled at the same time and Henry just hung his head, obviously wishing he didn’t have to deal with this first thing in the morning.

                “Huh…?” Ryeowook scratched his head, watching Henry in bafflement and unable to ask another question before his younger companion flung the front door open, nearly blinding them with sunlight.

                “Yongguk!” Henry smiled brightly for their visitors.

                Silence met his initial welcome as the newcomer peered into the door and stared straight at Ryeowook with a furrowed brow.  “He’s new,” the dark haired male commented in a frighteningly deep voice.

                “Yeah, he’s a guest,” Henry stated firmly, interposing himself between Yongguk and Ryeowook purposefully.

                “Aw.  Come on Henry,” Yongguk grinned, gummy smile completely disarming as he was backed up by the two males behind him, both men his height or taller and more imposing when they didn’t smile.

                Henry groaned quietly and glared at the three before him before he huffed, “What do you want this time, Bang?”

                “I’m hurt,” Yongguk sniffed and then laughed once, again, the tone startlingly deep.  His dark eyes shifted downward when Luna ran from her perch to stand in front of him, fur bristled in every direction but her posture indicated an uncertain greeting.  “Hey you,” he chuckled, squatting down to bop her on the nose with his finger.  When she grumbled in annoyance and danced away, he stood back up to look at Henry.

                “Yongguk,” Henry warned, nudging Luna behind him with his foot though he glanced at Ryeowook out of the corner of his eye.

                Yongguk just looked at him with a raised brow and chuckled.  “You know the drill, little one,” he finally murmured with a glance at Ryeowook.  “Is the Park leader in?”

 

(a/n: Admittedly, this is taking a little bit of time to get warmed up but I've got a fair bit planned for the next update.  So hold onto your seatbelts and get ready for things to pick up shortly.  ;)  You may have noticed the 'stranger' in town.  keke  I can imagine you know who that's suppposed to be.  And yes, there are three Bang brothers (at least three k-pop stars with the last name of Bang).  You can look them up yourself or wait for the next update.  They will be introduced more shortly.

You will likely have noticed the slight change in Chaerin as well, which there is a reason for.  hehe  And for the news always being on!  Anyone familiar with DBSK might notice a connection between Micky and Yoochun so we'll see.  hehe  Other than that, we've also tentatively introduced a new character(s) though we don't have names for them yet.  I'm hoping you're also picking up on this duality in Henry's character as well.  Yes, he's definitely aligned one way, but there's also a very humanistic element to him that Ryeowook plays on very deeply without realizing it.  You may see it in the description and you may not.  Hopefully, I'll be able to elaborate on it later.  ;)

And likely, there are more questions than answers.  Not surprising.  Just stick with me and we'll be getting to them shortly.  I've got an idea for giving you a fair few tidbits of info of backstory, but we'll need to make a little distance up first is all.  heh  I hope you're enjoying so far though and please look forward to the next update!)