Not So Simple

It Begins With Blood

                Ryeowook wasn’t entirely too surprised when they returned to find most of the cave ready to move, though there was the problem of transporting the injured and the vampires themselves.  While the wolves didn’t tend to actively like the vampires, neither were they inclined to leave them behind.

                “If no one has stumbled across it, the trailer should still be in good condition,” Kangin offered after shamelessly listening in on the wolves.

                Seunghyun frowned at him but both Yoochun and Junsu looked thoughtful.  “How many can it carry?” Yoochun asked with a glance towards his own pack.

                Kangin shrugged in response.  “Dunno.  We’ve never tried to see how many we could fit.  Might be a good time to find out,” he smirked, dusting his hands off at the same time.  A sudden thought occurred to him though and he frowned in annoyance.  “Wait a minute.  Who’s going to drive?”

                When Ryeowook was unexpectedly nudged forward by none other than Kyuhyun, he yelped in surprise and all eyes shifted to him.  “You?” Junsu asked with a curious glance at the vampire behind him.

                “Me?” Ryeowook echoed, rather confounded.

                “Wookie can drive just fine,” Kyuhyun nodded calmly, not an ounce of doubt to be seen in his person at all, never mind that Ryeowook hadn’t driven it at all yet.  “The trailer should be able to carry the humans and the injured, though it might be a bit tight,” he explained in an instructional tone.

                “Eh?  You sure, Kyu?” Kangin asked with a skeptical raise of his eyebrow.

                Irritated by the lack of confidence from Kangin and being volunteered by Kyuhyun, Ryeowook stepped forward with a firm expression, “I can do it.  But I want JR with me,” he added firmly, unsure where the bitter feeling in his chest was coming from.

                The wolves looked among each other and shrugged, agreeable with the consensus.  “We can shadow the trailer just fine from a distance,” Seunghyun nodded thoughtfully.

                “You would know,” Yoochun commented with an irritable glance at the Choi, who returned it with equal intensity.

                “Not now!” Junsu snapped, making them both drop their gazes so they wouldn’t continue the staring contest.  “And it’s a good idea to break into packs.  If we get attacked again, we can count on backup from each other, right?” he asked them pointedly, glancing between the other two pack leaders.

                “I thought you didn’t like fighting humans?” Seunghyun couldn’t help but tease, an amused smirk playing on his lips again.

                “I don’t.  But fighting and surviving are two entirely different things,” he explained in a clipped tone.

                “Hah!” Seunghyun barked a laugh and nodded once, still clearly amused by the semantics of the logic.

                Edging towards the entrance to escape the tension of the group, Ryeowook explained, “I’ll just be going to get the truck now.”

                “Wookie,” Kangin called, reaching into his pocket to toss the half-turned the keys.  “Might need these,” he winked with a chuckle.

                “Oh yeah,” he murmured in embarrassment.

                “Wonsik.  Go with him,” Junsu called as he waved his hand towards the entrance.

                The silver haired male perked up and flashed a quick smile before nodding in agreement.  “Sure thing!” he added as he jogged over to stand beside Ryeowook, a complete contrast to the half-turned.

                “It’s not that far,” Ryeowook murmured, suddenly feeling very inadequate next to his soon to be companion.

                “Wolves don’t travel alone,” Junsu shrugged with a reassuring wave, though he missed both Yoochun and Seunghyun looking elsewhere at the comment.  Ryeowook figured it was because they both tended to go solo themselves.  At least he could vouch for Yoochun having done that.  “Vampires shouldn’t either,” Junsu added simply.

                “I’m not a vampire though,” Ryeowook retorted, belaboring the point.

                “Close enough,” the wolf shrugged before he gestured for them to head out, turning as he moved to finish instructing the rest of s.

                As much as he would have preferred to argue the point, Ryeowook glanced at Wonsik who just flashed him a toothy grin and nodded towards the entrance.  Personally, Ryeowook felt completely inadequate next to the wolf that stood several inches taller than him, wore little more than a simple white tank top, blue jeans, and sneakers, and could probably bench press him with one arm.  At least he was friendly enough.  “Let’s do it!” he cheered quietly, apparently eager to be doing something.

                There were certainly worse things than running out into broad daylight where they could see the still smoldering remains of the battle from the other day.  Nature’s scavengers fled at their approach and Ryeowook shivered as Wonsik paid the wreckage and bloodstains no mind whatsoever, focusing instead on the vehicle that looked untouched through the trees.  For Ryeowook, the prospect of actually driving such a large vehicle with the trailer attached was daunting though not impossible.

                While he nervously maneuvered the vehicle through the trees, desperately hoping he wouldn’t run into a hole or something, Wonsik remained on top of the trailer to keep watch.  Ryeowook couldn’t see him but he hoped that none of the branches were too much of a bother as he squeezed by them.  He had no doubt the area would be investigated before too long and he didn’t want to be anywhere nearby when that happened.  It was a thought that made him nervous enough to jump and slam on the brakes when Wonsik hopped off the trailer and onto the hood of his truck.

                “Yah!” he yelped, the entire vehicle lurching at the sudden stop, doing just enough to toss the werewolf off the rest of the way with an equally startled cry.  “Sorry!” Ryeowook winced, craning his head over the dash to see if he could spot his companion.

                Wonsik bounced into view with both hands jutting into the air in an almost playful gesture, grinning broadly.  “I’m okay!” he cheered, a faintly embarrassed flush on his cheeks.  “Wait here,” he called, smacking the hood with one hand before he jogged off to let them know the way was clear.

                Ryeowook put it in park and waited nervously, biting his bottom lip all the while.  It didn’t take the wolf long to start ushering people out and he noticed Kyuhyun and Kangin both hunkering down under thick, heavy cloaks to block any chance of the sun hitting them while they rushed for the trailer.

                It didn’t take the wolves long at all to maneuver the wounded and the humans into the back, utilizing the bed of the truck itself for carrying some of the gear they’d been lugging around on foot.  The half-turned was briefly concerned about all the added weight but there was really no time to worry about it now.  He wasn’t the only one that wanted to be gone from this place and was just as happy when JR clambered in beside him, buckling up immediately.

                “Can you handle this thing?” his younger brother asked with a raised brow.

                “Of course,” Ryeowook nodded quickly, not half as confident as he tried to present himself.  He could feel JR’s annoyance as he moved at practically a snail’s pace but at least it wasn’t jostling the trailer too bad while he returned to the road.  “I don’t suppose you know where we’re going?” he asked with a glance at his brother.

                “No clue,” JR shrugged, rolling his window down to stick his head out.  “Hey!  Where are we headed?” he called to anyone that would listen.

                Immediately, Junsu detached himself from the body of the rest of the gathered wolves and jogged over to speak with Ryeowook.  “We head north for now.  It’s a small comfort but the Canadian border might provide some relief if we can reach it.”

                “Ah,” Ryeowook blinked, looking around in mild confusion when he wasn’t sure which direction was north.

                “That way,” Junsu pointed it out for him, a thin hint of disappointment in his tone.

                “Thanks,” the half-turned murmured in a subdued manner before he was glad to see the wolf leave.  With a glance at his brother who simply glared at the retreating wolf, he felt a measure of his spirit lighten and nodded.  “Let’s go then.”

                “Ne,” JR agreed emphatically, a tense, determined expression on his face.

                With no better instructions, Ryeowook started to drive, aware only of the fact that the wolves melted into the horizon and that it was barely ten in the morning.  Had so little time actually gone by?  He would have sworn that Kyuhyun took longer in hacking the system, but thinking about that brought the subject of the vampire up in his mind again and it did not sit well with Ryeowook.

                Mutely, he mulled over what had happened in the cave, his hands tight on the steering wheel and his jaw clenched in the relative silence of the cab.  He didn’t even know they hadn’t turned the music on until JR reached out to do so.  His troubled eyes noticed the dash clock blink at twenty three minutes after the hour.  Seriously…?

                “You okay, hyung?” JR asked at last, his eyes still studying his brother’s face in profile.

                Ryeowook frowned at the inquiry and scratched his head with one hand, exhaling in a steady stream of frustration.  “Maybe?” he responded uncertainly after a moment of hesitation.

                “It’s Kyuhyun, isn’t it?” his brother muttered darkly, arms crossing over his chest in his displeasure.  “Stupid vampire,” he grumbled as the silence lengthened, which was answer enough.  “Why do you tolerate him the way you do?” JR wondered aloud, finally turning his head to peer at his brother once more.  For once, they had complete privacy between them and it appeared Ryeowook’s sibling wasn’t going to pass the chance up.

                Once more, Ryeowook took another breath and thought about the question seriously.  Until now, he hadn’t really had much choice in the matter.  He’d been watched ever since the moment he’d been taken, with rare exceptions that had only occurred when he found JR.  “I’m not entirely sure,” he admitted uncomfortably, not looking at his brother.

                “You can’t possibly like him,” JR scowled, leaning away slightly in a preemptive movement of disapproval.  Ryeowook simply frowned at him in annoyed disbelief and shook his head.  “Then what is it?”

                “I don’t dislike him anymore,” he explained first, frowning harder.  “But he can be hard to be around.”  That was doubly true after the latest happening.

                “What did he say to you back there?” his brother asked pointedly, keeping his gaze fixed on the elder male.  “You’ve been thinking about something pretty hard since we left.”

                Ryeowook wasn’t sure what to tell him.  The brief glimpse he’d gotten of this most recent side of Kyuhyun had been startling and frustrating and also incredibly vulnerable.  When he was accustomed to seeing something completely different, it threw him badly.  Not to mention he did not like being ‘mistaken’ for someone else.  That rubbed in an entirely different way that stung.  “Did you know they have perfect memories when they need it?” he asked instead of answering the inquiry directly.

                “They do?” JR blinked, not expecting that.

                “Ne.  Well, the Chos do anyway,” he amended with a frown.

                “Eh,” his brother grumbled, disturbed by something else.  “No wonder Kangin keeps winning at trivia games…”

                The response was unexpected and Ryeowook snorted in confused amusement.  “Trivia?”

                “It helps pass the time when we’re driving,” JR explained as he reached into the glove box for a stack of trivial pursuit cards bound together by a rubber band.  “I knew it was weird when he never got one wrong.”

                That wasn’t a side he expected to hear about from Kangin and the half-turned blinked in surprise.  “I never would have guessed,” he mused with a thoughtful smile tugging at his lips.  “I did notice that you two get on pretty well now,” he offered, trying to find a way to approach what was really bothering him.

                JR just shrugged and nodded once.  “I guess.  He’s not so bad.  He reminds me of some of the jocks I used to go to school with.  Kind of an but at least open.”

                Ryeowook couldn’t exactly fault him that.  For all he was a Cho, he had very little, if any, of Kyuhyun’s deceptive nature.  Eh…  It wasn’t even deception, but he just didn’t like others to know what was going on in his head.  “Has he ever said you remind him of someone?” he asked hesitantly.

                His brother gave him a weird look and shook his head.  “Not really.  Why?”

                “Just curious,” Ryeowook responded with a dismissive wave of his hand, trying to get his brother off the topic quickly.

                “You’re really bad at lying,” JR laughed once, snorting at his brother’s ineptitude.

                “Ugh!  Like you’re so good at it yourself?” he shot back with slight irritation.

                “Better than you,” he retorted in complete seriousness.  “Come on then.  What’s up?” he prodded stubbornly, reaching over to poke his brother in the shoulder.

                It wasn’t fair that he was such an open book some days.  It really wasn’t, but if he was going to tell somebody, it might as well be family.  “He kissed me,” he finally admitted point blank, lips thinned into a frown as he still didn’t know what to think about it.

                “Eww,” JR flinched with a grimace.  “The vampire likes you like that?” he asked for clarification, rather disturbed by the prospect.

                Since JR already knew Ryeowook’s preferences, he presumed the response he got was because Kyuhyun was a vampire his brother didn’t like.  He hoped anyway…  “I don’t know,” he explained with a glower, torn between whether he was more upset at being used or more upset that the other didn’t like him, which was baffling in its own right.

                “But…”

                “He said I remind him of people he used to know,” Ryeowook grumbled, unsettled by the conversation already.

                “People?” JR clarified with a raised brow.

                Ryeowook flailed in his seat as he didn’t know how to properly explain things.  “From his past.  I think.  Apparently memories sometimes blur and I guess I look like people he’s met or liked or something like that.  I don’t get it,” he gestured frantically with one hand, more flustered than ever.

                “Shouldn’t you be mad at him then?” JR asked with an equal amount of confusion.

                “I am!” Ryeowook snapped back with a frown that bordered on a pout.

                “You don’t look like it,” his brother muttered.

                “I’m… confused!” the half-turned exhaled gustily.  When he looked at his brother again, he noticed the younger male’s eyes narrowed in speculation.  “What?” he sighed, already in enough of a tizzy as it was.

                “You do like him,” he murmured as he shook his finger at his brother.

                “No I don’t!” Ryeowook retorted immediately.  “Not like that anyway,” he grumbled with a frown, though he couldn’t quite banish the events that had happened before that made him question his standing in the first place.  Based on the last time he’d allowed himself to fed upon, it was really hard to convince your head wholeheartedly of one thing when your body disagreed vehemently.  Similarly, there had been that time he was pinned against the trailer wall between the vampire’s arms which should have been terrifying and yet… wasn’t.  And recently, while their contact hadn’t been extensive, he could recall many various moments where he had actually felt a small bit of gratitude towards the vampire for measures he’d taken to make Ryeowook more comfortable.

                “You’re weird, hyung,” JR simply shook his head, not sure what to do with their conversation anymore.

                Ryeowook shrugged loosely and rolled his eyes.  “I’m also half-vampire.”

                “And what’s that supposed to mean?” his sibling asked, not at all seeing the connection.

                Frankly, neither did Ryeowook.  “I have no idea,” he deflated instantly, glumly returning his focus to the road.  With neither knowing what to say from there, conversation between them died off and they let the radio do the talking for them.  Traffic was a pleasant enough distraction that helped to keep him from thinking too hard about anything, though it was more reduced than he was accustomed to.  People didn’t stray very far from the cities so much anymore and it felt like they stuck out as he trudged along in relative silence.  He wasn’t even remotely paying attention to the vehicle itself until the engine sputtered once and started ignoring his foot on the pedal.  “Eh?” he chirped with a confused look down.

                “What’s wrong?” JR asked, turning a perplexed look on his brother.

                Hissing between his teeth when he saw the gas meter, Ryeowook groaned and promptly started to pull off the road.  “We’re um… out of fuel,” he admitted in embarrassment, not looking at his sibling while he got them to relative safety.

                “You’ve got to be kidding me,” JR blinked in astonishment.  When Ryeowook didn’t do anything to contradict him, he exhaled in irritation and leaned back in his seat.  “How do you run out of fuel?  It’s not hard, hyung!” he flailed with a hand pointing at the dash.

                “I know,” Ryeowook groaned at his own lack of attention.  “Wait here,” he gestured, rubbing his eyes with his other hand.  “I’ll be right back.” 

                At just after two in the afternoon and sunny as could be, he didn’t know what the vampires would be able to do but at least he could ask…  Knocking to let them know he was outside, Ryeowook stepped aside as the door swung open so he could peer into the trailer.  The smell of unwashed bodies smacked him in the face when he did so and he couldn’t quite mask the expression that appeared because of it.  Maybe it would be a good chance for them to stretch their legs as well.

                “What’s wrong?” Kangin’s voice floated through the opening while the vampire himself remained steadily out of the line of sunlight that speared in.

                “We ran out of fuel,” Ryeowook murmured quietly, expecting irritation or disappointment.  Instead, he was met with Kangin’s amusement.

                “Hah!  I was wondering if that might happen,” he snorted with a glance in the corner towards where Kyuhyun was resting by himself, further from the humans and especially Minsoo and Luna, who was maintaining her constant vigil over him.  “You wanna take it or should I?” he asked, waiting to get a response from Kyuhyun.

                The quieter vampire looked up to meet Ryeowook’s gaze and paused for a moment before he nodded, “I can handle it.”  Easily, he snagged the cloak he’d folded up beside him and drew it about his form, shrouding him in more shadow than normal, giving his face a fairly sinister appearance in the dim lighting of the interior.  He waved his hand towards Ryeowook though before he approached.  “Come here, Wookie.”

                Frowning from the top, the half-turned became hesitant.  “Why?”

                “Because I need your strength,” Kyuhyun explained matter of factly, unperturbed by his reluctance.

                “Then why can’t Kangin do it?” Ryeowook asked.  He wasn’t really in the mood to favor the vampire right now.

                “I’d need it too,” Kangin admitted with an apologetic shrug.  “We fashioned the engine to run primarily on fuel but it can be supplemented by electricity.  As you can imagine, it takes a fair bit to generate enough power to get this moving far enough to gas up,” he explained so Kyuhyun wouldn’t have to.  “I think he’d ask for another volunteer but…” he trailed off with a gesture towards the rest of the occupants and almost unanimously, they shied away in immediate reaction.  Luna even growled in preemptive refutation.

                “And I can’t very well bite you in the public eye, now can I?” Kyuhyun reminded him pointedly, remaining perfectly still.  At Ryeowook’s continued reluctance, he added, “Or Kangin could ask your brother.  He might be agreeable.”

                “Don’t you dare,” Ryeowook hissed, dropping inside immediately as he approached Kyuhyun with anger on his face.  The vampire’s eyes were unreadable as he stationed himself directly in front of him.  “,” he hissed, pitching his voice loud enough for the vampires to hear clearly, and likely Luna, but not so much that the humans would comprehend.  “Next time, try asking,” he spat, meeting the dark gaze evenly before he crossed his arms over his chest and turned his head away, cheeks burning at being so on display.

                Despite his anger, he wasn’t immune to Kyuhyun’s touch or the courtesy the vampire offered in cloaking him within the shadowy folds of cloth as well, even as he turned him towards the wall, further hiding his person with his body.  “My mistake,” the vampire whispered into Ryeowook’s ear while they were both shrouded in darkness, the utterance as close to an apology as he was going to get right now.

                The moment lacked the intimacy of his last offering but it was still more tender and less rushed than the first, initial feeding he’d been privy to.  It was far more alarming not being able to see this time around and when he felt Kyuhyun bite into the tender skin of his neck, he flinched involuntarily, forcing back the muted whimper that would have escaped otherwise.  His hands pressed hard against Kyuhyun’s ribs as he felt the increasingly familiar sensation of his blood being siphoned off.  Unbidden, he couldn’t help but wonder if Kyuhyun thought of those others he mentioned when they were like this.  The thought didn’t sit well with him and he tensed up accordingly.

                He was aware that Kyuhyun noticed it too.  The unexpected caress of fingers dragging down his spine caught him by surprise and Ryeowook wasn’t able to stifle the indrawn breath that resulted.  His body melted against the vampire’s, pressing close as a delightfully tingling sensation followed the contact along his back.

                Ryeowook was vaguely aware of Kangin speaking in the background as he suggested those who needed to stretch their legs do so now.  Apparently it was going to take them at least a little while to get the vehicle back on track enough to refuel.  He heard the humans respond and Luna was quick to jump on top so she could start helping people up.

                And it wasn’t until he started feeling sleepy that Ryeowook realized Kyuhyun was taking longer than usual…  “Kyu,” he breathed, pushing weakly at the vampire with confusion and a trace of fear.

                “Rest, Wookie,” the vampire soothed, finally pulling back to the wound in mute apology, before he pushed Ryeowook down against the wall until he was seated on the floor.

                His confused and weakened state gave Ryeowook little room to argue as he stared after Kyuhyun’s retreating form while the vampire made his way swiftly through the opening, almost as if he was fleeing.  He blinked hard to try and focus his thoughts before he glared at Kangin instead since he was the only other vampire here.  “What was that?!” he demanded in an angry but hushed tone.

                “Eh,” Kangin groaned with a perplexed frown himself.  “He’s been out of sorts since we left the cave,” he admitted, squatting down in front of Ryeowook with a shrug.  “For some reason, it’s taking him a bit longer to collect himself,” he explained as he shook his head, a vaguely concerned expression on his face.  “You alright?” the vampire asked, reaching out to tip Ryeowook’s face up with his fingertips.

                Ryeowook didn’t know anymore and Kangin’s words sent a peculiar chill up his spine.  Struggling hard to make the words comprehensible, he pulled free of the vampire’s touch and looked at him before he asked, “Longer to collect himself?”

                “Ne.  For the memories to settle after he’s been digging through them.  I thought he told you,” Kangin blinked in sudden confusion.

                The half-turned nodded in confirmation with a pained squint to his eyes.  “What happens if the memories don’t settle like they’re supposed to?”

                Kangin winced at the question and leaned closer so that only Ryeowook would be able to hear the words.  “I’m not entirely sure.  He’s never specifically told me, but I don’t think it’s good.”

                Still trying to understand things, Ryeowook closed his eyes and swallowed, taking a steadying breath against the fatigue he was currently battling.  Stupid vampire.  “Do you have trouble settling your memories?” he asked, his lips.

                “Nah.  But I don’t have half as many to worry about,” Kangin admitted with a wry shrug.  At the unspoken question in Ryeowook’s face, he laughed once.  “I’ve only been a vamp for just over thirty years.  Kyu’s been one closer to seven hundred.”  Even if he’d been in full control of his senses, Ryeowook wouldn’t have been able to hide his surprise as his eyes widened noticeably.  “Oops.  I guess he hadn’t mentioned that part yet,” Kangin cringed with a hint of amusement.

                “No.  He hasn’t,” Ryeowook murmured in some awe.

                “Don’t worry,” Kangin assured him, reaching out to press a comforting hand against the half-turned’s shoulder.  “He’ll come around soon enough.  Just give him time.”

                “And if he doesn’t?” Ryeowook couldn’t help but ask, meeting Kangin’s gaze steadily.

                The vampire frowned at the question but didn’t look away.  “Then I guess we might get to see first hand why the Chos don’t tend to live as long as the other vampire clans.”

                If he’d intended to reassure Ryeowook, the vampire failed rather horribly in that.  His words gave the half-turned no solace and only more worry.  Strangely, he couldn’t tell if he was more concerned for himself or for Kyuhyun, which was even more baffling.

                They were both alerted to the truck starting back up again and Kangin patted him on the shoulder.  “Best rest up.  We should be able to get to an exit with fuel soon.”

                “JR?” Ryeowook asked quietly.

                “He can drive, right?” Kangin asked easily.  “That or one of the wolves might have stopped by already.  Oh!  Here come the people.”

                Through hooded eyes, Ryeowook watched them lowered back into the trailer one by one, spreading out easily and returning to their places as they did so.  Luna hopped back in next and she bolted out of the way when Kyuhyun followed after, tendrils of smoke beginning to slip through the fabric as the power of the midday sun started to overcome the flimsy barrier.  He hastily closed the top to block out the rest of the natural light and fled to the corner of the trailer where Ryeowook was still sequestered.

                “Cutting it close there, Kyu,” Kangin commented with a sideways glance at the hunched over vampire, fingers nervously scratching at his arm.

                Ryeowook plastered himself back against the cool metal of the wall and blinked rapidly at Kyuhyun who was just looking at him from under the cloak, dark eyes intense enough to pierce him with their focus.  Despite feeling slightly betrayed at his actions, Ryeowook was also aware of his pulse increasing slightly at being gazed upon in such a manner.  “What?” he whispered in quiet confusion while Kangin just watched on, uncertain what else to say.

                Kyuhyun shifted carefully and the hood slid back to reveal his features once more, slightly pink as if he was sunburned, but no worse than that.  He swallowed and dropped his eyes once before bringing them back up, the intensity reduced, replaced instead by a strange measure of uncertainty, as if the vampire was shaken somehow.  “Can I hold you?” he asked so softly Ryeowook almost missed it entirely, though the vampire was less than two feet from him.

                “Huh?” he gasped, startled by the request.

                “Just for a little while,” Kyuhyun added, closing his eyes while he pursed his lips.

                Flabbergasted and still reeling, Ryeowook looked at Kangin for help and his brow dipped when the other vampire nodded in silent agreement, eyes flickering towards Kyuhyun pointedly.  He wasn’t wholly sure why Kangin wanted him to agree but Kyuhyun looked so pitiful like he was now and it wasn’t as if Ryeowook himself would be going anywhere soon.  “Just for a little while,” he murmured tiredly, forcing himself to relax as best he could.

                Kyuhyun opened his eyes and nodded in quiet thanks before he sat beside Ryeowook only to draw him closer to the half-turned’s surprise.  Rather unexpectedly, he found himself resting between Kyuhyun’s legs with his back braced against the vampire’s chest and long arms wrapped around his torso while the cloak hid them both.  “Not so simple.”

                The words were quiet and hesitant, murmured reluctantly against Ryeowook’s neck, but they were the only explanation he needed.  It wasn’t hard to imagine the vampire’s confusion for he’d seen a glimmer of it in the cave when he admitted to being unsure.  “No.  Things aren’t,” Ryeowook murmured softly as he reached up to curl one hand around Kyuhyun’s arm.  Between his liking and not liking the vampire and Kyuhyun’s rather mercurial nature currently, things were anything but simple.

 

(a/n: So I didn't make it as far as I hoped but I did stumble upon a personal epiphany while writing which is how we ended up where we did.  Next update will have the introduction of more people and I'm not sure why this one took as long as it did but hopefully the length and content help make up for the delay!  lol  Also, we have an approximate age for Kyuhyun.  ;)  As usual, I'm trying to work in more explanations as they give me opportunities.  Kangin was my aide this time though we might be getting to a point where Kyuhyun can speak more freely again.  Thank you for being patient and taking the time to read.  I can only hope you look forward to the next update!)