Preemptive Warning

It Begins With Blood

                Ryeowook had too much nervous energy and he didn’t even know what to do with himself.  They’d gotten into Chicago not that long ago but since it was almost daylight, all three of them had sought refuge in the horse trailer thing the vampires took everywhere.  He was so close and he couldn’t do anything!  Granted, it could be worse, even though things were cozier than he would have preferred.

                At least the enclosure was temperature regulated, when Kyuhyun or Kangin powered it up.  Not for the first time, Ryeowook watched as the latter took care of it this go around.  The larger vampire laid both hands on the power coils under the removed floor panel and narrowed his eyes in concentration.  Unlike Kyuhyun, he seemed to need direct contact with the power source and Ryeowook hadn’t figured that part out yet either.

                Very quickly after though, sparks began dancing around his head as he tensed up, clinging to the wires while the obvious tendrils of electricity wound down his arms, seeping into the structure to bring it to life.  Kangin let go abruptly and dusted his hands off with a whole body shake.

                “There!” he grinned, reaching over to clap Kyuhyun on the shoulder, taking a moment to glance at Ryeowook who was still staring in fascinated wonder.

                “Really.  How do you do that?” he asked, chewing his thumbnail in thought.  He’d never seen anything like it in any vampire movies before so he had no idea…

                Kyuhyun smirked at the question and nudged Kangin towards the back.  “Start getting locations and see if there’s been any word from N.  Or the others for that matter,” he suggested, shifting his focus back to the half-turned with interest.

                Ryeowook edged back and looked at the vampire uncertainly.  “What?” he asked, uncomfortable by the mute scrutiny.

                “Do you really want to know?” Kyuhyun responded instead.

                “Y-yeah,” the half-turned stammered, surprised by the question.  Eagerly, he leaned forward so he could hear better, his bottom lip gently caught between his teeth.

                Once more, Kyuhyun smiled at him coyly and winked, “When you become one of us, I’ll tell you.”

                That was not what he wanted to hear.  Irritated, Ryeowook exhaled heavily and glared at the vampire before he turned his back on him, crossing his arms over his chest.  “Not going to happen.”

                “You say that now,” Kyuhyun chuckled, busying himself with handwriting a note, or two.

                “Everybody in your position says that at first,” Kangin agreed from the back, fingers typing swiftly over the keyboard as he focused on the screen, windows flickering by with awe-inducing speed.

                “I’m not everybody,” Ryeowook retorted, shifting around as he leaned to the side to try and get a better glimpse of what the vampire was working on.  He started when Kyuhyun spoke again, startling him.

                “No.  You’re Wookie,” the vampire agreed smoothly, his eyes glued to the unlined piece of paper where an elegant pen sketched across the surface in swift, smooth .  “But even you will have to choose.  Everybody becomes what they’re supposed to or…” he paused, stilling his hand on the paper to look up with his eyes, his body remaining motionless otherwise.  “They die.”

                Though there was nothing harsh about the way he said it, Ryeowook flinched all the same, bringing his hands to his chest.  He didn’t think it was a threat exactly; Kyuhyun didn’t make them, only promises, from what he’d seen.  It took him a moment to swallow the uncertainty in the back of his throat and he waited for Kyuhyun to continue writing before he settled himself more comfortably and asked, “So what about Himchan?”

                Both vampires paused for just a moment, the pen stilling for a mere heartbeat before it resumed its pace, though Kangin sighed sadly and turned just enough to look at him.  “That poor fool,” he shrugged with a slight grimace.  “She thinks she’s protecting him by keeping him the way he is.  I suppose in a way she is,” he conceded with a frown, shoulders shrugging at the thought.

                Kyuhyun barked a harsh laugh and kept on writing.  “Hardly.  Just because he can stand the sunlight doesn’t mean he has any greater chance of surviving if he comes up against a wolf or a hunter,” he commented matter-of-factly.

                Ryeowook frowned at the answer and glanced to look down at his open palm.  He didn’t feel strong at all, but he knew he had greater strength than ever before and Himchan was more practiced than he was.  His eyes flickered back to the vampires and he stared at them both intensely.  How much of a difference was there between them then?

                “Ask if you’re going to.  Otherwise, stop staring,” Kyuhyun commented smoothly, folding up the finished letter and shifting to another one.

                Frustrated that the vampire always seemed aware of pretty much everything, even when Ryeowook thought he should be oblivious, he huffed, “So how much stronger are you?”

                A slow smile pulled at the vampire’s lips and he blinked, laughing softly as he looked at the half-turned.  “Care to find out?”

                “Kyu,” Kangin chided from his seat, finally slowing down as he seemed to be more concerned with what he’d found.

                “I was just asking,” Kyuhyun laughed, turning his attention from the floundering Ryeowook who was trying desperately to control the wholly unexpected flush that dominated his features under the vampire’s gaze.

                That was not at all the answer he’d been expecting and the look Kyuhyun gave him had given him chills; they were neither good nor bad but unsettling all the same.  Reflexively, Ryeowook rubbed at his arms and grumbled under his breath, determined to get off that topic as fast as possible.  “Why are you writing letters?”

                “You’ll see,” Kyuhyun answered evasively, resuming his progress.

                “We’re heading out tonight,” Kangin grinned, bouncing in place excitedly, rather like a kid who was about to go on a field trip.

                “We are?” Ryeowook asked, an unavoidable spike of hope rushing through him.

                “Ne,” Kyuhyun agreed.  “Would you like that?” he asked, frowning at a tiny smudge on the paper, crumpling the whole thing in irritation rather than trying to fix it.

                Ryeowook snorted at the vampire’s response to the blemish, surprised to see Kyuhyun so easily annoyed, but he quieted himself immediately when he felt the other’s irritation.  “Ne,” he responded instead.  “Can I…”

                “We’ll see,” Kyuhyun interrupted him before he could finish, prompting Ryeowook to stare at him in wide eyed surprise.

                “Really?” he gasped breathlessly, feeling tears brim on his lashes at the mere thought of it even being possible.  Kyuhyun grunted in confirmation and Kangin stifled some sort of amused snort in the back.  While he didn’t know what that was about, Ryeowook simply did his best not to get too hopeful, though he couldn’t help himself from covering his mouth with both hands as he wriggled in place.  If he didn’t know better, he could have sworn he saw a genuine smile on Kyuhyun’s lips, but it was gone before he could be sure.

                “You should sleep if you can, Wookie.  You’ll need it for this evening,” Kyuhyun explained, deftly working on another letter.

                “Got the locations mapped out.  We just focusing on Illinois tonight?” Kangin asked, looking over his shoulder curiously.

                Ryeowook waited for the answer and Kyuhyun nodded once.  “For now.  We’ll see if anything pops up on the news.  Has there been any change yet?”

                At that, Kangin grumbled under his breath and scowled at the computer screen.  “Just some bull about foreign terrorists causing trouble.  Can you believe they’re blaming it on foreigners?”  It was clear by the disdain in his tone that he was actually irritated by the misinformation.  “Those s were stupid but we should at least get the credit for it,” he huffed, quietly raging at the silent screen.

                Kyuhyun snorted at his friend’s response and shook his head.  “Oh.  You can bet we did,” he commented in a neutral tone that was more worrisome than anger.  He looked up when he appeared to feel Ryeowook’s continued gaze on him.  “Sleep, Wookie.  The night will come faster if you do,” he reminded him sagely with a nod towards the side, fold out compartments.

                While the vampire was right, Ryeowook wasn’t the least bit inclined to sleep given the latest news.  All the same, he sighed and got up to pull out the relatively hard surface, covered only by a thick padding of cloth and a mockery of a pillow.  It was pleasant they had beds, but one would think they could have something a bit… nicer too.  Stifling his dissatisfaction, Ryeowook rolled onto the bed and turned his back to the vampires, determinedly shutting his eyes so he could try to sleep.  After a few seconds, he automatically knew it was a useless attempt, but just when he decided he was going to turn over, he felt a chill run up his spine.

                “Sleep,” a damnably familiar voice murmured near his ear before a sharp jolt at the back of his neck caught him by surprise and sent him tumbling into unconsciousness.

 

                Ryeowook woke with a start, senses still tingling as he was instantly aware of what happened.  “Dammit, Kyu!” he snapped, sitting upright with an irritated glare.

                Kangin snorted at the reprimand and even Kyuhyun looked briefly surprised before his own amusement took over.  “You woke up earlier than I expected,” he smiled, stepping close to offer a hand to the just awakened half-turned.

                “Stop doing that!” Ryeowook grumbled, rubbing at his eyes while he willed his heart to slow down.  He hated abrupt awakenings…  And being forcibly sent to sleep for that matter.

                “We’ll see,” the vampire chuckled, placing a hand on Ryeowook’s back which the shorter male promptly shrugged off with an incoherent grumble.  “So you don’t want to come then?” Kyuhyun asked archly, the answer expected though it was just as clear he was waiting for the forthcoming response.

                “No!” Ryeowook gasped in denial, the reactive response meant to indicate he did want to go.  “I mean yes,” he clarified with a confused whine as he hung his head, scratching at his hair with quick fingertips.

                “I really am starting to like this runt,” Kangin laughed, stepping towards the center of the enclosure so he could push the top door open.  Ryeowook frowned slightly at the comment but eventually rolled his eyes as he finally accepted Kyuhyun’s hand up.  He was so distracted staring out into the overcast sky he might well have tripped if he hadn’t anyway.  “All clear,” Kangin commented with his head poking out the entryway, expression wary.  “Let’s go,” he urged, pulling himself the rest of the way through smoothly.

                Kyuhyun was the next, hopping up with ease as he glanced around before looking down at the expectantly waiting Ryeowook.  “What?” he asked, tilting his head to the side.

                Ryeowook slumped his shoulders and hung his head, slightly ashamed of his stature.  “I can’t reach…” he reminded the vampire.

                “And?” Kyuhyun asked, nonplussed.

                “And… I need help getting out,” Ryeowook grumbled dejectedly.  “You know that.”

                “No you don’t,” Kyuhyun winked at him, turning away from the opening to disappear from sight in the blink of an eye.

                “Hey!” Ryeowook gasped in mild surprise and alarm.  “Hey!  Kyuhyun!” he called, stepping to either side nervously as he stared out the opening, waiting for someone to make a reappearance.  “Guys!” he tried again, reaching for the edge that was still far too many inches out of reach, even standing on his tip toes.

                “Better hurry,” Kangin warned him this time, his voice indicating he was still nearby, though just as obviously out of sight.

                “I can’t!” Ryeowook whined, glaring at the edge.

                “Have you tried?” Kyuhyun sighed, apparently disappointed.

                Hurt by their apparent abandonment, Ryeowook swallowed his reservations and clenched his jaw.  Gathering his determination, he hunched down and jumped as hard as he could, aiming to at least reach the lip of the opening.  “Yah!” he yelped in blatant surprise as he found himself nearly clearing the top of the trailer itself, the unexpected realization enough to have him falling back through without grabbing anything.

                Landing probably would have been painful if Kangin wasn’t there to pluck him right out of the air with a loud, amused laugh.  “Good job, Wookie,” he grinned, setting the smaller male on his feet on the flat surface before he clapped him on the back in a congratulatory gesture.

                Ryeowook coughed and stumbled forward a step, grabbing back onto Kangin’s arm reflexively so he wouldn’t tumble into the entryway but he was fairly giddy with his success himself.  “Wow,” he blinked, peering down, marveling at his accomplishment.

                “See?” Kyuhyun called from below, drawing Ryeowook’s attention to look over the side where he saw a pleased and smiling vampire; granted the expression was closer to a smirk but it was as close to genuine as the look got lately.

                For just a moment, Ryeowook smiled back, caught up in the euphoria before his mirth faded and he pointed at Kyuhyun with an angry finger, “That was still mean.”

                “You figured it out,” he smirked in response, pushing off the side to start walking with a wave of his hand.  “Come on.  Let’s get moving.”

                “Way to go, squirt,” Kangin chuckled, ruffling Ryeowook’s hair before he hopped down and started heading another direction, the expanse of mostly clear fields giving way to residential and business areas in the distance, a veritable sea of lights illuminating the way.

                “Hey!” Ryeowook took a step after him, irritated at the gesture and being left behind.  Again.

                “I’ll take care of the outer rings,” Kangin waved at Kyuhyun as he took another path, jogging away without another glance back.

                “Eh…” Ryeowook looked between the two and peeked over the side of the trailer.  It looked like such a long ways down.  Another glance up showed Kyuhyun to be getting further and further from him.  “Kyu!” he practically whimpered, making him feel utterly pathetic in the next moment when the vampire didn’t even pause; he just kept moving forward at a slow, steady pace.  “Ayah,” Ryeowook groaned as he took another breath and hopped down, landing light on his feet as he did so.  “Really?” he grumbled, messing his hair up with both hands in his annoyed frustration.

                “Come on newbie,” Kyuhyun commented with a tone of underlying amusement as the vampire seemed to appear beside him.

                “Yah!” Ryeowook shrieked, flailing in place as a hand gripped the bottom of his elbow lightly.  “Stop doing that!” he demanded, the words a strange cross between nerves and laughter.

                “It’s alright, Wookie,” the vampire actually smiled at him, tilting his head to the side.  “You’re getting the hang of it,” he assured him, just shy of actually laughing as he drew him along effortlessly when they started moving.

                “I’m pitiful,” the half-turned muttered instead, allowing his companion to maintain contact with his arm as they continued to pick up speed.

                Instead of commenting on the statement, Kyuhyun switched his grip to slide an arm around behind Ryeowook, the other hand gripping his elbow.  “Stay close, Wookie,” he urged, partially amused and mostly serious.

                Ryeowook wanted to complain but he understood Kyuhyun’s command in the next moment when their pace became something much faster than a sprint and he could only watch in wonder as the ground disappeared beneath them in a veritable blur.  In moments, they cleared the edges of the unpopulated outskirts and made their way into the darker parts of the city of Chicago.

                Okay.  So maybe vampires were a lot faster than he was which meant it was probable they were also a lot stronger than him too…  He was convinced of that much at least.  It was almost jarring when they came to a stop abruptly in an alleyway between two brick buildings.  “What are we…?” he started to ask before the vampire looked right at him and spoke over his words.

                “Where does your family live?” he asked in all seriousness, waiting patiently for a response.

                Ryeowook’s mouth dropped open in mute surprise and he blurted the first thing that came to mind: their home address.  “Wait,” he objected half-heartedly, suddenly afraid of what Kyuhyun might do if he saw them.

                “Let’s go,” Kyuhyun went on as if he hadn’t heard his companion.  Ryeowook wanted to object and to find out more about why the vampire was actually taking him to see his family but the other side of him didn’t want to ruin the chance.

                He had to wonder how Kyuhyun knew where he was going but there was something helping him, or so it seemed, if the look of concentration on his face was any indication.  Every now and then, a little spark would flicker at the tips of his hair and Ryeowook didn’t know what to think about it.  He was still trying to figure it out when they came to another unexpected stop and he blinked in surprise as he realized where they were.  Looking up, Ryeowook gasped to see the little white two story house his parents lived in, a virtual mirror image of the rest of their neighbors on the street with a small front yard and a walkway extending in front of all of them.

                “I’m home,” he whispered, staring at the front door and the windows which let a small beam of light out through the mostly drawn curtains.  Unthinking, he took a step forward and came up short when a hand gripped his wrist firmly.  Kyuhyun shook his head in silence.  Ryeowook looked down at the restraining hold and then back at the vampire.  “I need to see them,” he pleaded, balling his hand into a determined fist.

                Kyuhyun narrowed his eyes slightly at the shorter male and took a quick glance around.  There was no one else walking at the moment; not surprising considering it was full dark and the lighting was decent but not ideal.  The family would probably be up for a couple hours longer though time was always of the essence.  He placed a single finger to his lips and looked to either side before he swiftly guided Ryeowook closer to the house, searching for a window that was at least partially clear to see into.

                Ryeowook felt his heart hammering in his chest as he kept an eye out too.  He wasn’t sure if he would try to call an alarm if he saw someone or if his purpose was to help keep them hidden but he was ultimately relieved when there was no one else in sight.  And then they were right at the house and he could touch the wooden frame with his hand.  Inside, he could even hear them talking, something that would have been nearly impossible before his change.

                The television was on and his father was saying something about it while his mother listened in and offered a word here and there.  Tilting his head, Ryeowook smiled and nearly laughed as he finally heard his brother complaining about his homework, if he wasn’t mistaken.  He looked at Kyuhyun when the vampire tapped his shoulder and pointed at the nearest window where there was just enough space between the curtains to see into the living room.

                “Remember.  You are not human anymore and you only risk harming them if you stupidly choose to reveal yourself,” he hissed darkly, looking long and hard at the half-turned.

                Swallowing nervously, Ryeowook nodded once and edged towards the window, his lips as he hooked his fingertips over the outer sill.  Trembling inside, he raised his head up just enough to peek in and exhaled shakily, seeing the three people closest to him bunched fairly close together.  It looked like a normal enough gathering but there was just a hair too much tension in them on the whole; his father too focused on the news and his younger brother JR paying way too much attention to…  Ryeowook narrowed his eyes to make out the text on the book and realized it was some sort of math problem.

                He gasped slightly when the house phone rang and his mother bolted from the seat to get it first.  It was almost painful the way everything else stopped as she hesitated for a fraction of a second longer than necessary, her hand touching the receiver, before she picked the phone up.  Immediately, disappointment appeared in her frame and both his father and brother focused on their respective distractions while she headed upstairs to talk in private.  Ryeowook wasn’t positive but it sounded like it was one of his grandparents.  They were the only ones that usually called the house phone anymore…

                “I’m right here,” he whispered, daring to touch the window with his fingertips while he stared at his family with desperate longing.  Mutely, he willed either of them to look up just to see him but they remained otherwise oblivious to his presence.

                “Time to go, Wookie,” Kyuhyun sighed with a glance at one of the wall clocks inside.

                “What…?  No,” Ryeowook denied, grabbing tight to the window sill to try and anchor himself as best as possible.  For a fraction of a second, he debated calling out to them before he tensed up as he felt a hand grip the back of his neck tightly.

                “Don’t,” Kyuhyun warned softly, his words a whisper of sound in the half-turned’s ear.

                Reluctantly, Ryeowook released his hold and sank out of sight from his family, a heavy weight settling over his chest.  “Why,” he demanded in a quiet whimper, turning a tremulous gaze on the vampire.

                Kyuhyun let him go and his expression softened a hair.  “We have too much work to do before sunrise to stay here long,” he explained, grabbing Ryeowook’s wrist firmly.  He resisted more for the sake of it than anything else and then stilled when the vampire spoke again, “It’s safer for everyone if you remain missing, Wookie.  Trust me,” he finished, no trace of amusement in his expression or his voice.

                While he couldn’t completely keep the tears at bay, Ryeowook wiped them away hastily and sniffed once before he nodded, his posture dejected.  “Fine,” he spat, stealing one final glance over his shoulder as they made their way from the house.  So close and yet so far…  It was heartbreaking for him, but at least they were safe for now.  They looked okay.  Mostly.

                “Hold on, Wookie,” Kyuhyun reminded him, grabbing the half-turned about the waist again, drawing him close as they picked up speed and practically blurred through the darkened patches of the residential area.

                They moved so fast it was hard to keep track of things but Ryeowook was concerned since it wasn’t unheard of to have cameras or some sort of video surveillance in areas like this.  He held his peace for the moment though; there was little point in trying to talk since Kyuhyun was clearly focused, and Ryeowook’s skin tingled slightly where the vampire was holding him close.  It was odd.  When they cleared the city, he frowned in surprise and blinked as what could only be a nuclear power plant started to rise into view.

                When Kyuhyun finally stopped guiding them along, the vampire appeared mildly worn from the travel, though he shook it off quickly enough.  “Alright.  This won’t take long.  There are eleven nuclear power plants in Illinois.  Kangin is taking the outermost six tonight.  We,” he stated, pointing at himself and then at Ryeowook, “will handle the other five.”

                “What do you mean handle?” Ryeowook asked, so very much confused.  Instead of giving a verbal response, Kyuhyun produced a single, neatly sealed envelope, an amused twinkle in his eye.  “The letters from earlier?”

                “Ne.  One for each plant,” Kyuhyun nodded.

                Ryeowook frowned at his response and grumbled in confusion.  “Wouldn’t it just be easier to actually send it in?”

                Kyuhyun snorted once and smirked, “Possibly, but we need them to see it soon and to remember.  You’ll see,” he promised infuriatingly.  “Just stay close and do exactly what I tell you to.”

                “And if I don’t?” Ryeowook muttered, glaring at the vampire.

                “Don’t say I didn’t warn you,” Kyuhyun shrugged with a sigh, apparently unperturbed.

                Silently fuming at the lack of information again, Ryeowook ground his teeth and remained silent.  He was beginning to understand that Kyuhyun didn’t tell people anything he didn’t want to.  The stupidly intelligent vampire did things in his own time with his own motives and while it was infuriating, getting mad at him didn’t help…  If anything, that reaction just seemed to amuse him and Ryeowook was determined not to give him the satisfaction.

                “What’s the plan then?” he mumbled through clenched teeth.  When Kyuhyun did nothing more than raise a coy brow at him, he had to quash his annoyance.  “How am I supposed to know what to do if you don’t tell me?”

                He was not expecting the slow smile he received in response.  “Now you’re learning,” Kyuhyun chuckled, throwing an arm around Ryeowook’s shoulders to pull him close.  The half-turned stiffened briefly but the vampire ignored it as he looked towards the illuminated plant and laid out what their task was for the evening.

                Okay.  Ryeowook never would have imagined that sneaking into a relatively secure facility just to leave a letter in plain sight would be so much fun.  Well, it was both terrifying and exhilarating and while he didn’t know how a handwritten letter with no name would manage to warn the humans of what might come, it was enough that Kyuhyun was apparently trying.

                The first plant was infinitely the worst, with every person on guard someone to blow the whistle on them and every light their enemy.  It was almost like magic the way Kyuhyun could short out some of them with ease, and he appeared to have a preternatural sense about where the cameras were located.

                There were several times Ryeowook thought he was going to die of suspense as they made their way towards the interior, guided ever closer by Kyuhyun’s skill and speed.  The goal was to deposit the first letter somewhere in the interior; a place which would make finding the token even more unexpected and thereby more memorable.

                What was more, Kyuhyun surmised that after this evening, when eleven plants found the same note, notice would be taken because it should be impossible otherwise.  “Even more,” Kyuhyun smirked as they rushed to their next destination.  “The idea is that the higher up blowhards will realize it’s not just an isolated incident and while we’ll probably be on the radar for a bit, they should actually consider it as being real.  That or they’ll dismiss it as a diversionary measure which is why I’m counting on that bomb going off in New York.”

                “If it doesn’t?” Ryeowook asked, feeling queasy at the very idea of that happening.

                The vampire frowned and shrugged.  “Likely, it’ll be blown off as a hoax or an elaborate prank and forgotten with us and our relative location still on the radar.  Time will tell,” he admitted, pointing out the next target ahead.

                Ryeowook didn’t know if he should be happy the vampire seemed to have thought all of this out or not…  On the surface, it looked like he didn’t want the bomb to go off but it was also necessary for this elaborate warning to work effectively.  It probably had something to do with the contents of the letter, which he hadn’t told him, but still.  If nothing else, they were at least doing something, which was what Ryeowook had been most concerned with in the first place.

                As far as either of them could tell, their evening went off without a hitch.  The pair returned to the horse trailer much closer to dawn than Kyuhyun was comfortable with and by the time they got in, Ryeowook had a chance to actually look at the vampire.  Both Kyuhyun and Kangin were pale, well more so than usual at any rate, and tired looking, with dark circles under their eyes.  He hadn’t realized it was so taxing.  Of course he was worn out too but that was normal for him…

                “Are you… alright?” he asked, peering at Kyuhyun as he glanced at the top of the unit.

                “Of course.  Why wouldn’t I be?” Kyuhyun responded with his usual bravado, though this time it was markedly more tired.  There was less conviction in it than normal and even Kangin couldn’t do more than muster a weary thumbs up before he scrubbed his face with both hands and smacked the computer on.

                “No news yet, Kyu,” he murmured, staring determinedly at the screen.

                “Give it time,” Kyuhyun commented, letting his gaze settle on Ryeowook.  “Now it’s a waiting game,” he explained in all seriousness, leaning against the wall before he slid down it to the floor with a glance upward himself.

                “For what?” Ryeowook asked, chewing his bottom lip.

                “Anything and everything,” Kyuhyun laughed in amusement, entertained by his own comment.

                “You would say that,” Kangin snorted with a shake of his head.

                “You’ll see,” the vampire murmured, letting his dark eyes rest on Ryeowook as the half-turned wasn’t sure what to do with himself now.

                His euphoria had long since faded and sitting on the edge of the pulled out bed, he felt… odd.  As he had only dared to hope, he had gotten to see his family and they were doing well enough.  Kyuhyun seemed to care more than he let on, for whatever reason, and now the vampire appeared so very tired.  Ryeowook almost felt sorry for him.  His brows twitched together and he frowned slightly as he met Kyuhyun’s gaze.  Actually yes.  He did feel sorry for him.  But only a little bit.  Whatever had drained him was self-inflicted and voluntary.  At least that’s what he kept telling himself.

                He tilted his head to the side and sighed at the vampire, “This is probably where you tell me I should sleep again isn’t it?”

                His preemptive question seemed to amuse Kyuhyun and he smiled while Kangin actually chuckled.  “Smart kid,” the larger vampire nodded, looking over his shoulder enough to focus on the other two.

                “Get some rest, Wookie,” Kyuhyun nodded, the lingering hint of a satisfied smile still pulling at his lips.

                Ryeowook rolled his eyes and laughed once, but he couldn’t ignore the smile trying to make its way onto his face as he laid out on the bed to stare at the ceiling, mindful of what had happened the last time.  He could have swore he heard Kyuhyun chuckle at the new position but he refused to look over at him, choosing instead to close his eyes and seek sleep anyway.  Not too surprisingly, he didn’t have to look very far…

 

(a/n: And this one got a little bit away from me but we're set for things to happen shortly from here.  ;)  Hopefully, we're all a bit more pleased with the little KyuWook moments in there.  He's not always an .  lol  You might be able to see a slight shift happening in Ryeowook at present too.  hehe

Don't worry.  I fully intend to delve into the mysteries of Kyuhyun's electricity eventually as well.  We just haven't gotten there yet.  heh  Thank you for being patient and we'll see what happens next update.  I warn you, I am back to the grind at school so I'm not sure when I'll get the next one out but please bare with me.  Thank you!)