A Cho's Curse

It Begins With Blood

                Despite Ryeowook’s good will, the busy, bustling wolves were hesitant to actually give him or his brother any tasks to assist them considering their alignment with the vampires.  While JR was mostly annoyed at their stubborn idiocy, as he called it which Ryeowook had to quickly cover his mouth because of, Ryeowook himself was… hurt.  Was being half-human really that bad a thing?  Or was it because he was half-vampire that they didn’t want to let him close?

                It was strange to him and he didn’t understand it, especially since they seemed focused on more than just talking about what to do as they started packing stuff and speaking with the humans in a manner that spoke of organization.  The Kims at least seemed most uncomfortable with his shunning of sorts, and the rest of the humans didn’t quite know what to do with him either.  Of all the people present, he was alone in being half-turned; never had that been more clear than now.  “Come on, hyung,” JR urged after being gently guided away again to ‘go help someone else’.  “We’ll figure something out without them,” he urged, tightening the hold he had on his brother’s hand.

                Doing his best to swallow his pain, Ryeowook nodded and they started to head back towards Kyuhyun, for lack of a better direction.  The thought gave Ryeowook pause since he knew that JR didn’t favor the vampire, but it didn’t take him long to realize he wasn’t the only one worried about family.  They hadn’t gone more than a couple steps before a soft, female voice called out.

                “Wookie?”

                Pausing, Ryeowook and JR both turned to regard the speaker and the half-turned smiled hesitantly at seeing Luna standing uncertainly behind them.  Her brunette hair was restrained in a ponytail and she was wearing the same thing he’d seen her in the first time she became a human: a pink sport’s bra and black stretch shorts.  “Hey Luna,” he waved, feeling just a hint of discomfit from JR beside him.  With a quick glance at his sibling, he noticed his younger brother was trying very hard not to stare.

                She forced a smile that didn’t quite reach her eyes, though the expression was at least genuine.  “I uh…” she trailed off, gesturing with her hands towards them, both filled with what appeared to be food and water.  “I didn’t know if you’d had a chance to eat,” she finished, looking between her offerings and the brothers hopefully.

                “N-not since last night,” JR admitted as a flush spread to his ears while he ducked his head.  Maybe it was just because she was so comfortable with herself that had him feeling rather awkward?

                Luna tilted her head to the side in obvious confusion and Ryeowook just chuckled under his breath.  If things hadn’t been so crazy the first time he’d seen her, he probably would have had a very similar reaction.  “Are you sure it’s alright if we accept these?” he asked with a quick nod towards the rest of the cave.

                “Eh,” she shrugged and pushed them closer so that he was forced to take the gift or have them fall on the ground.  “I’m in enough hot water for him,” she huffed, blowing her bangs from her forehead in a heavy gust as she motioned towards Minsoo.  “What’s a little more fuel on the fire?” she grinned, though there was an undertone of nervousness to her words.

                “Thank you,” Ryeowook murmured gratefully, handing off the bottle of water to JR so he could drink first.  “How is he?” he asked, keeping an eye on his brother to make sure he was taken care of.

                “Alive,” Luna cringed with a crestfallen expression.  “Would you like to see him?” she asked, a glimmer of her hopeful, happy persona shining through.

                He felt like it was a loaded question and the mere thought had him scanning the cave to make sure it wasn’t some sort of setup.  Then again, Minsoo was a Hunter and really, he hadn’t wanted Kyuhyun to attack him during the fight either.  Well, if no one else would have him, why not?  He could be an outcast with the outcasts.  It wasn’t like he could do anything surrounded by nonhumans and their kin.  “Sure,” he grinned, handing the food to JR so they could switch; it wasn’t much more than a packet of nutty trail mix but it was better than nothing.

                “Great!” she grinned finally, bouncing on the balls of her feet before she remembered where she was, quieting almost immediately.

                “Let’s go,” Ryeowook urged, jerking his head towards the wounded man.

                “You sure?” JR asked with a pointed look around as well.  Ryeowook knew he’d heard plenty from Kangin about Hunters and how ‘evil’ they were but that was apparently a matter of perception.

                “Positive,” he responded firmly, taking the lead behind Luna as they made their way towards Henry and Minsoo.  As they walked, it felt like all eyes measured their progress and the scrutiny was a heavy weight upon his back that Ryeowook tried to ignore.  He wasn’t entirely sure if it was legitimate or just in his head and so focused on his current company instead.

                “He’s coming around finally,” Henry smiled with a glance towards the incoming trio that had Luna beaming and bouncing over the unconscious Chaerin to get to Minsoo’s side.

                Ryeowook paused to let the Hunter collect himself, noting the way he let his eyes do the traveling, taking stock of the people in his immediate vicinity before inspecting his person and then the rest of the cave.  He was surprised at how easily he could read the conflicting emotions in the dark orbs before Minsoo tilted his head to manage a warm smile at Luna.  “Hey pup,” he breathed in a voice barely above a whisper, the sound filled with pain but honest sincerity.

                “Welcome back,” she murmured, placing both hands gently on his bicep as she steadfastly ignored the stained bandages on his torso and shoulder.  Kyuhyun had certainly done a number on him.

                For a moment, Ryeowook almost felt like perhaps he shouldn’t be privy to such a tender exchange, but a few seconds more told him it didn’t feel like a romance.  Oh, he didn’t doubt there was some degree of love there, but it wasn’t what Kangin had suspected.  Politely, he cleared his throat so they could acknowledge him further and he nodded at the Hunter when he focused on them.

                “I know you,” Minsoo frowned thoughtfully, glancing at Henry with a raised brow before he looked between the siblings.

                “Ne.  Ryeowook.  You met him when you visited us the last time,” Henry explained helpfully.  “And this is his brother JR.  They’re still friends,” he added with a tense smile as Ryeowook nodded and JR waved uncertainly.

                Minsoo nodded once at the pair and murmured, “Nice to meet you.  Again.  Sort of,” he chuckled, wincing when it hurt to do so.  “So when are they going to put me down?” he sighed heavily, setting his gaze on Luna who seemed genuinely distressed by the question.

                “They’re not,” she growled, the sound fiercely determined.  Her reaction made Minsoo smile again and he raised a hand to pat her on the head lightly, calming her down in seconds.

                “Thank you,” he exhaled, closing his eyes in obvious tiredness.  It didn’t take him long to fall back into unconsciousness, the severity of his wounds necessitating sleep.

                Ryeowook folded to his knees where he stood and tweaked the blanket covering Chaerin on the ground, pulling it over her shoulders more.  She looked so pale and tired…  “I wasn’t lying about them being friends,” Henry explained as he watched Ryeowook with uncertain eyes.

                “I know,” he agreed with a nod as he pulled his brother down to sit beside him.  “But I think there’s a bit more to the story than that, isn’t there?” he asked with a bemused smile as he tried to focus on something other than the terrible miasma of strained energy behind them.  He was glad when Henry returned it in relief and even JR seemed to feel the shift in atmosphere, relaxing against him.

                Their reprieve was only short lived but it was interesting to hear Henry and Luna explain how she’d actually become friends with a Hunter.  One would think that the slayer of her mother would be a mortal enemy forever, and Luna agreed she hadn’t liked them at first, but her mother was a rogue at the time.  Sometimes werewolves, like humans, went a little crazy in the head and that was the situation that led the Bangs to put her down, but not before she’d trekked Luna halfway across the country with her, sans her siblings.

                Because Luna had been conceived when her mother was a wolf, there were several pups though they’d fled their mother’s growing madness before she could keep them; likewise, if she had conceived as a human, she would have birthed one or two children but after a certain point, werewolf mothers were stuck in whatever form they became pregnant in.  It was a strange fact they had yet to get around.

                As it was, infants and pups also mirrored the physiology of their mother, matching whatever form she was in so long as she was close by, so when the Bangs retrieved Luna, she was still little more than a tiny ball of off-white fluff with sharp teeth and more energy than should be permissible.  Admittedly, they had considered putting her down as well, since she was a werewolf after all, but a ersely cute one and ridiculously unintimidating given the size flaw of her transformations.  They suspected the abnormality was linked to whatever had made her mother go crazy but none had been able to prove the connection yet.

                “They gave me a day and it was long enough for me to fall asleep in his lap while they were figuring out what to do with me,” she smiled, smoothing the hair on Minsoo’s forehead back with her palm.  “That was all it took,” she murmured contentedly.  “I owe him my life.”

                There were many things he could have imagined to explain that, but Ryeowook was perplexed by her story.  It was amazing, to be sure, and from what he’d seen of the Bangs, it was certainly possible, but the numbers didn’t add up.  “But you both look about the same age…” he trailed off, clearly confounded, just like his brother.

                “Physically, they pretty much are,” Henry nodded with a shrug.  When Ryeowook frowned at him, unsure of the distinction, he added, “Chronologically… she’s just over four.”

                “Eh?” JR exclaimed for both of them, baffled by the answer.

                Luna nodded in agreement with a chirp and Henry picked up the explanation again.  “Wolf-born werewolves age at a rate similar to a wolf’s until they reach physical maturity, at which point they level out like a human.  There’s a reason she usually runs around like a wolf all the time and has not gone to school.”

                “Yep,” she smiled, though it did not last and if she had ears to lay flat in that moment, they would have as she issued a nervous warning growl at someone coming up behind the brothers.  Henry too seemed slightly nervous and Ryeowook had a pretty good idea of who it was…

                “Wookie,” Kyuhyun called in a carefully neutral tone.

                Immediately, he ducked his head and kept himself from looking back.  He wasn’t sure how he felt about Kyuhyun approaching him now since he’d just managed to find a small space to fit in again.  Once more, he didn’t know what to say or how to respond and it left him feeling off kilter around the vampire.  “Ne?” he asked instead, for lack of anything else.

                “Can I speak with you?” Kyuhyun requested after a long, heavy pause where Luna simply continued to glare at him, teeth bared menacingly.  She had obviously not forgotten the vampire was responsible for Minsoo’s injuries.  Most of them anyway.

                “What is it?” he asked, finally turning to regard Kyuhyun with watchful eyes.

                “In private,” Kyuhyun added, bending closer to grip Ryeowook’s arm in his hand, the hold firm but not demanding.  Yet.  Ryeowook tensed at the implied order and stayed where he was while the rest of his party continued to glare with JR’s expression turning particularly distrustful.  “Please,” he finally whispered, uncomfortable with asking in the presence of others.

                At that, Ryeowook looked again and noticed more than he had the first time.  The unspoken and guarded thoughts clouded his eyes where he could not hide them anymore.  Not that Ryeowook could understand them, but the vampire was genuinely troubled…  That, more than anything, bade him bend just enough and Ryeowook nodded once in concession.  “It’s okay,” he assured his companions, focusing on JR so that he could grab his hand and give a reassuring squeeze.  “Just stay with Henry and Luna for now.  Ne?”

                “What about you?” JR asked, though his eyes never left Kyuhyun, the resentment evident in his gaze.

                “I’ll be fine.  Trust me,” he smiled, giving another gentle squeeze before he allowed Kyuhyun to help him to his feet where he then reclaimed his limb firmly.

                For a moment, he thought Kyuhyun would say something, but then his lips thinned and he merely sighed, “Follow me.”  Without waiting for a response, he turned and headed towards the back of the cave system where Kangin had gone earlier.

                From his vantage, Ryeowook could see it was very dark and he wasn’t sure how much light there would be, but it wouldn’t do to let the vampire know he was nervous.  Or afraid.  “I’ll be right back,” he assured the others with a wave, hesitantly following in Kyuhyun’s wake.

                The way was clear from where the vampire walked and he was more than aware of curious human eyes on him as he continued past.  Apparently, they had little actual weight in the decision making when the wolves were in charge and he could understand their confusion, though they did seem more prepared to move than they had before.  He passed a sleeping Sulli whom Jongup was tending with a bored expression on his face.  An easy smile appeared when he spied Ryeowook and he waved as if nothing was wrong, prompting the half-turned to respond in kind, not sure what to think.

                But then he was past him and facing the invisible barrier between light and dark at the bend in the tunnel.  He could see for a few more feet but after that… his eyes failed him and he wasn’t exactly keen on facing Kyuhyun in total darkness.  “You coming?” the vampire’s voice emerged almost tauntingly from the shadows and Ryeowook frowned.

                “Ne,” he retorted firmly, frowning at the question.  It still took him another couple seconds to convince himself to actually take the next few steps and immerse himself in a lack of light.  His steps were cautious and slow, setting down lightly on smooth rock where centuries of running water had worn tracks in the earth.  “Kyu?” he called uncertainly when he didn’t hear anything even as he continued.  What game was he playing at…?

                He jumped and froze when just a flicker of light appeared in the darkness before him.  “I’m here,” Kyuhyun murmured as he raised one sparking hand close to his face so Ryeowook could see.

                While the half-turned knew he could control electricity, it was something else entirely to see it this way, in the complete absence of light so that it was the only thing he could pay attention to.  He was torn between asking about that phenomenon, which he still didn’t completely understand, and what the hell he had them doing out here anyway.  “What…?”  Stuck between questions, he didn’t get very far.

                “I was waiting for you,” he spoke easily, brow furrowed and mouth twisted to the side in slight annoyance.  “After the talking was done.  But you didn’t come,” he sighed, though there was something about the way he said the words that made Ryeowook believe the vampire had thought he would.

                “Sorry?” the half-turned offered uncertainly.  Really, he looked like he wanted to be left alone at the time.

                “We don’t have much time,” he went on with the barest acknowledgement of the word.  “I can only provide means enough to throw them off for a little while before they finally figure out where I attacked them from.  It’s impossible to stay hidden forever.  Even for me.”

                “Shouldn’t we be getting ready then?” Ryeowook asked with a gesture back towards the front of the cave. Oddly enough, he suspected that wasn’t a particular concern of Kyuhyun’s right now.  Or even what he’d brought him out here to speak about.

                Kyuhyun shook his head dismissively as he had other thoughts taking precedence in his mind.  “As an ally of the Kims, Junsu in particular, I have researched and hacked more databases than I care to count, gaining access to information he would never be able to obtain.”  While the admission didn’t seem to cause him any concern, there was still something about the meaning in the words that was left unsaid.

                “Why?” Ryeowook prompted, gently pressing for more.

                The vampire laughed lightly at the question.  “I never was one to pass up free information, but the adage is true.  Be careful what you wish for,” he exhaled with a slight frown, the same one he’d worn during the meeting.  “I help Junsu to satisfy my own curiosity and assist him in aiding the humans because it is mutually beneficial.  If the humans die, it’s not exactly conducive to my kind,” he explained with a heavy sigh.  “But then you run across something like this,” he hissed under his breath, obviously fighting with more than just the thought of too much information.

                Ryeowook certainly thought it was strange how much Kyuhyun was talking but it also felt like the information he’d come across had been more unsettling than even he realized.  A small part of him figured the vampire hadn’t even told them everything, which was additionally terrifying given what he did say.  Glancing to either side of him, there was no one nearby so Ryeowook drifted closer to Kyuhyun and his lips.  “Why are you telling me this?” he asked.  Not that he wasn’t grateful for the information since he was usually frustrated by being kept in the dark, but it felt odd.  Especially with regards to his timing.

                “One thing that has always been reassuring about being a Cho is knowing what was going to happen next,” Kyuhyun explained with his eyes fixated on his sparking palm as if it was the most fascinating thing in the world.  “Do you know why?” he asked, finally lifting his troubled eyes to Ryeowook, a strange hint of desperation there.

                Frozen like a deer in headlights by the look, Ryeowook swallowed hard and shook his head in the barest of motions.  “No,” he whispered, drawing his hands close to his chest in a defensive gesture, feeling a definite shift in the air.

                “Because the world consists of nothing but patterns, cycles, and recurring themes,” he explained flatly.  “Aberrations, like vampires and werewolves and puppets appear occasionally but history constantly repeats itself.  Except for now,” he admitted while his eyes reverted back to his palm, the expression on his face… confused and troubled.

                If that wasn’t unsettling, Ryeowook didn’t know what was.  With the exception of the incident with his parents, he hadn’t seen Kyuhyun off balance like this and he wasn’t sure what to do about it.  If anything.  Gathering his courage, he took a step closer and tried to speak again, “What does that mean, Kyu?”

                Kyuhyun closed his fist, though the sparks continued, and his brow furrowed as he contemplated an answer.  “I can access everything I have ever read, heard, or seen because I can activate any or all of my neural synapses to retrieve the information as needed.  By the same token, I can generate excessive amounts of electricity-” he held his sparking fist for Ryeowook to see, “-the production of which here-” he pointed at his brain, “-would kill a normal human.”

                Blinking dumbly, Ryeowook’s mouth opened to say something but all that came out was a quiet, “Oh…”

                He wasn’t done speaking though and Kyuhyun’s shoulders drooped as if a very heavy weight had settled upon them.  “Even with all my knowledge.  I can’t predict what is going to happen next.  At all,” he spoke the last words in a whisper, as if he was ashamed to admit it.  As if he was… afraid.

                What the hell was Ryeowook supposed to say to that?  He didn’t know whether he should be terrified about that fact, angry that Kyuhyun was letting him know so he could worry even more, or additionally grateful that the vampire was giving him an answer.  Finally, the simmering anger bubbled up instead, edging out his other feelings and mostly negating the astounding revelation he’d just been given.  Quite frankly, it didn’t matter.  “And what exactly do you expect me to tell you, Kyu?” he demanded in a heated whisper, still conscious of the fact his voice would carry.  “I haven’t known anything since you took me and you think I have something that might help you?” he went on, vacillating between outright anger and incredulity.

                Ryeowook watched as Kyuhyun started to shut down and rebuild the mask he typically wore, pulling his shoulders back and reclaiming a measure of his persona.  It cracked when he spoke again, “Things aren’t simple anymore.”

                “Life isn’t simple, Kyu,” Ryeowook snorted with his hands balled into fists at his side, watching the vampire struggle with something else under his hooded eyes.

                “It was for me,” Kyuhyun stated, meeting the half-turned’s gaze evenly now, the intensity sending a shiver up his spine.

                “Things change,” he whispered in response, feeling as if he was frozen in place.  “That too is a fact of life,” he added with slightly more control and confidence.

                Kyuhyun shook his head, his fist falling to his side so that his face was mostly hidden in shadow again.  “Things have not been simple since the fighting started.  Since… you.”

                “Of course they ha- what?” Ryeowook stumbled over his words, certain he heard wrong.  “What did you say?” he asked when the vampire remained quiet, his eyes downcast.  The admission sent a wholly different shiver through his body and he didn’t know what to think about it.

                “There’s nothing simple about you, Wookie,” Kyuhyun muttered as if he was unsure what to do with that fact.

                “I’m as simple as they come,” Ryeowook defended himself, positive it had to be some sort of attack or accusation or something.  “I wear my heart on my sleeve and can’t lie to save my life,” he rushed out, feeling like he was trying to prove something.

                “Not like that,” Kyuhyun scoffed in irritation, dismissing the words immediately.

                Ryeowook flinched at the response and stared hard at the vampire.  Taking a step closer so that they were only a couple feet apart now, he leaned forward to get a better look at the vampire’s face, catching the glimmer of sparks dancing on downturned orbs.  “Why did you turn me?” he asked firmly, the soft utterance a quiet demand.

                Kyuhyun looked up again and met his companion’s gaze, a stubborn press of his lips warning that an answer might not come easy.  “We should go back,” he spoke instead, catching Ryeowook off guard with the abrupt change of subject.

                “Kyu,” he tried to interject, moving closer still.

                “We’ve lingered here too long already,” he went on as if he hadn’t heard Ryeowook.

                “Don’t try to change the subject.  Why did you turn me?” Ryeowook asked again, placing himself directly in front of the vampire without touching him yet, wary of the electricity still.

                “I’ve said too much already,” he went on with an almost frantic shake of his head, turning as if he was going to head back.

                “Answer me,” the half-turned snapped, interposing himself in front of the vampire so he couldn’t just move.

                “Come on,” Kyuhyun urged instead, letting the electricity fade away as he grabbed Ryeowook’s wrist and started pulling him along, enveloping them in a total lack of light again.

                Frustration and an overwhelming sense of needing to know filled Ryeowook.  He felt that if he didn’t press now, he might never get an answer.  That or they’d all die before it happened.  Finally at the point where he could safely say he’d had enough, Ryeowook planted his feet and grabbed Kyuhyun’s wrist, stopping them in their tracks.  “Tell me,” he hissed, searching the sea of black for something, though he felt the vampire’s attention shift to him slowly.

                “Don’t…” was the whispered response, the pathetically weak command underscored by a tremulous note of uncertainty.

                Ryeowook growled under his breath and lunged forward, gasping in surprise when Kyuhyun did nothing to stop him so that they both ended up falling to the ground.  Awkwardly, Ryeowook flailed on top of the vampire, not sure how they landed except he felt hands holding him steady on his waist, but then he recovered enough sense to plant one hand on Kyuhyun’s chest and grip his shirt hard, bracing his weight on his other arm resting against the cold floor.  “Dammit Kyuhyun.  Just tell me why you turned me!” he demanded in a desperate plea, the strained sound of his voice delivered in a breathy whisper that trembled and cracked by the last word.

                Because the vampire didn’t breathe, there was nothing to let Ryeowook know if Kyuhyun was going to answer, but he did feel a hand press harder upon his waist, resting there gently until it started to drift up his torso.  He took a surprised, shuddering breath as fingertips ghosted over his ribs, light enough to tickle and make him tense up at the same time.  “That isn’t a simple question anymore either,” Kyuhyun whispered, the sound of his voice like a caress upon Ryeowook’s skin as the vampire’s palm flattened against his ribs and drifted up his chest.

                “Kyu?” Ryeowook murmured, succumbing to another shiver once more as he was torn between fleeing the vampire’s touch and losing his leverage, or staying to figure out what he was doing and perhaps gaining his answer at last.  When Kyuhyun’s hand reached his neck, brushing against bare skin, he couldn’t help the tiny whimper in the back of his throat that sent heat into his cheeks in embarrassment and made him acutely aware of the fact that he was actually straddling the vampire.  Just when he was about to demand he stop and pull away, Kyuhyun spoke.

                “Everything happens in cycles,” he whispered, cupping Ryeowook’s cheek with his palm as he held very still.  “Memories sometimes blur and you think maybe… just maybe… it could be.”

                Though Ryeowook couldn’t see the vampire at all, he had an eerie feeling Kyuhyun was looking at him as if he saw someone else entirely.  Unnerved but rapt, he waited to hear what else the vampire would say.  While he was expecting words, he did not anticipate Kyuhyun rising up to meet him at the same time he pulled him down to press their lips together in a chaste kiss.  A tiny chirp of surprise sounded in the back of Ryeowook’s throat and his eyes widened at the realization of what was happening.

                He couldn’t even gather his completely flustered thoughts until Kyuhyun pulled back and murmured, “Nope.  Not the same.”

                Upset and out of sorts, Ryeowook pushed him back down against the floor hard as he jumped frantically to his feet, limbs flailing.  “What was that?!” he demanded in a much higher tone than usual as he felt his heart racing in his chest as the blood rushed thunderously in his ears.

                Kyuhyun laughed under his breath once while he got to his feet, the sound of shoes scuffing over stone the only clue that he was still nearby.  “There are times you remind me of someone I once knew,” he murmured, brushing himself off.

                “Stay away from me,” Ryeowook hissed as he held one arm close against his body, the other pointing uselessly in the dark.  Why did those words sting when they at least gave him an idea of what all this was about?

                All mirth faded completely from the air and it was impossible to miss the change in atmosphere as Kyuhyun lit the way once more, though he remained standing still.  The vampire’s expression looked… sad or lost as opposed to the confident person he’d been a moment before.  His voice was incredibly subdued and quiet when he spoke again.  “But you’re not him.  Or her.  Or any of them, are you?” he asked with a raised brow and unreadable eyes.

                The anger and outrage Ryeowook felt slowly ebbed, replaced instead by confusion and… pity of all things.  “No,” he shook his head with the quiet admission.  “I’m not.”

                For a moment longer, Kyuhyun stared at him, as if trying to find a fault in the words.  But when neither of them changed, he nodded as if to himself and somehow managed to slide the unreadable mask back in place.  “Come on,” he gestured with weariness lining his voice.  “They’ll be ready to leave soon.”

                Frustratingly, Ryeowook found himself floundering again for an entirely different reason.  With no useful words to offer, he simply nodded once and quietly moved to walk behind the vampire like before.  His thoughts centered on everything he’d just been told and that stupid kiss.

                When was the world going to make sense again?  Really…

 

(a/n: Finally!  The answer to Junsu and Kyuhyun's collaboration.  ;)  I also got around to why Kyuhyun and Chos in general can generate electricity.  There are, however, side effects to accessing vast quantities of information at any given time; or searching one's head for specific bits of information.  And keep in mind that though Kyuhyun gave an answer to Ryeowook's question of being turned, he also mentioned it's not simple anymore.  hehe  Bonus: KyuWook moment.  XD

Yes, I tried to work some more information about our werewolves into the picture as well.  At least you know why Luna and Minsoo are friends now.  As you can probably infer, the Bangs did drop her off with the Parks after that, which was fortuitous in a way since she is also a Park, just from a different branch of the family.  heh  Like they tentatively stated at the end of this chapter, the party is getting ready to move so I'm hoping to do some time jumping and get a few more of our briefly introduced and briefly mentioned people into the picture again!

Thank you for reading and please look forward to the next update!)