Chapter Seven [PART ONE]

To Shatter A Heart Breaker [Completed]
CHAPTER SEVEN PART ONE

“GENIE! CAN YOU GET MY CELL FOR ME? I’M IN THE SHOWER!” Hebe’s voice roared through the house.

“WHERE IS IT?” the assistant seems to be having a hard time finding the novelist’s phone.

“IT’S IN MY BLACK CHANEL!”

“Hello?” after searching through the novelist’s designer bag Genie finally managed to dig out the phone.

“Genie?” It was Ella on the other line.

“Yeah, Hebe is in the shower right now, can I take a message?”

“Oh it’s fine, telling you will be the same. Anyway, girls pack yourself for one week worth, and meet us at the airport 10 o’clock tomorrow okay?”

“Huh? Why so sudden?”

“You’re invited to Chun and Ella’s one week honeymoon trip to Okinawa!”

“Uh…” this is the first time for the assistant to come across something so absurd, “Okay…” She really doesn’t know what to say.

“Great! I’ll see you two tomorrow then!” And the line ended.

Genie stared at the cellphone, dumbfounded.

“Who was it?” Hebe who just got out of the showered, poured herself a glass of cold milk.

“Ella.”

“What did she say?”

“She told us to pack for a week’s worth, and meet her at the airport 10 o’clock tomorrow. We’re going to Okinawa for their honeymoon.”

“What the ?”

“That’s what I thought.”

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

“What the Ella, out of all hours you have to choose to meet up at 10 o’clock.” Hebe who has yet to wake up from her dreamland, is cranky as she and her assistant approached the group. The married couple, Selina, and Aaron were all present.

“You’re not the only one, I had push off two of my photo shoots for the week just for her stupid honeymoon trip.” The photographer complained, annoyed.

“Who invites others to their honeymoon trip for heaven’s sake!” Hebe threw her arms up in frustration.

“Hey guys, sorry I’m late.” An out of breath Calvin came running towards them, “I got an urgent call from the company just before I was going out of the house, so I had to take care of that.”

“It’s fine, you’re not the only one who’s late, these two just got here a few seconds ago.” Ella pointed at the novelist and assistant.

“What time is our flight? I really want to go back to sleep!” Hebe whined.

“Me too.” Genie leaned on the novelist’s shoulder, tired. The two were not morning people, 10 o’clock is considered to be 6 o’clock for a normal person to them.

“We can go in now and take our seats first.” Chun suggested.

“Okay, Let’s go.” Hebe and Genie began to walk like zombies towards the gates.

The group could only laugh humorously.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

“Hey Selina, sit here,” Calvin suddenly stopped Selina who was planning to head towards the seat across from Hebe and Genie back.

“Uh…” the photographer stopped, not knowing how to react for she is not close with the businessman.

Aaron who was right behind the photographer received an eye contact from his friend directing him to go sit with the novelist and her assistant. The businessman raised and eyebrow and shrugged, he headed towards the two women.

“Thanks.” Having noticed Aaron’s advance towards the seat that she was hoping for, the photographer decided that it would be hard to reject Calvin, in the end she sat down.

The two were in silence until the plane has finally left ground and up in the air.

“Um…” the photographer who was bothered by the silence decided to start a conversation; however, she could not find any words to say.

“You must be surprised,” the business was well aware of the photographer’s discomforted smiled.

Selina gave out an awkward laugh, “Yeah, kind of. It was sudden.”

“I actually have something to talk to you about ever since the barbeque, but I never really got the chance to.”

“Oh.” Again the photographer doesn’t know what to say.

“Do you still remember Jiro Wang?” the businessman was no longer carefree with the conversation, he is dead serious, and his scrutinizing eyes studied the photographer’s reaction well.

“Jir….Jiro Wang?” she never expected the man next to her to mention this name, and she began to stutter.

“Yes, Jiro Wang, he was the basketball captain of your high school if I remembered correctly.”

“Oh, him…” she paused, “what about him?”

“It seems like you don’t know him that well.”

“Yeah, he was an upperclassmen.” Lie.

“Really, there was a few times where I’ve saw you two together.”

The photographer froze, and stared hard at the businessman, “What are you trying to say.”

“Nothing, I saw him back in Taiwan recently, and thought maybe you’d know,” The business smiled, but his eyes were implying something, something that photographer does not like, “You do know right?”

“No I don’t know,” The photographer stood up, “I think this conversation ends here, now if you would excuse me.”

“Its nice talking to you.” The smile never left his face until the woman has left, then his expression was solemn.

Calvin Chen knows something that Selina Ren dreads to be found out.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

“Why are you here? Where’s S?” the novelist demanded when she see the businessman sat down in front of them.

“I don’t know, seems like she’s having a conversation with Calvin.”

The two women glanced at their photographer friend’s direction, and shrugged before going back to sleepy.

“Are you seriously going to sleep throughout the flight? It’s almost 11.”

“Shut up, and let me sleep Aaron.” The novelist replied crankily without opening her eyes, instead she snuggle her blanket closer.

The businessman chuckled and stared at the sleeping novelist as past memories of their relationship began to come back.

He was in his senior year of high school, and she was a junior back then, the two were the perfect couple since all the others already graduated. They were the two youngest of the group.

It was lunchtime, and he quickly headed towards the cafeteria where his girlfriend was right after he got out of his P.E. class. After standing at the entrance for a while he finally spotted his girlfriend with her usual cake and coffee in front. He smiled, and fastened his paced towards her.

“Hebe, you’ll get fatter if you eat that everyday.” He teased his far from fat girlfriend.

“Shut up Aaron,” she laughed and gave her boyfriend a kiss on the cheek, “What took you so long?”

“Coach Lee got pissed at us, so we had to run the marathon,” he is still sweating from the extreme exercise, “I’m thirsty what do you have?”

“Coffee, want some?”

“Coffee again? My baby girl has some weird taste.”

“What! It’s awesome,” Hebe pouted as a mischievous idea pop out of her head, she grabbed some salt and sprinkled it into her coffee without the notice of her boyfriend, “Here try some, it’s even better when you’re thirsty.”

He raised an eyebrow at her girlfriend weirdly as he brought the cup to his lips, thinking that coffee is just coffee it will never taste better because of one’s thirst. And he regretted it the moment the black liquid entered his mouth, it was bitter and salty; he quickly spit out the coffee, “When did they start growing coffee beans in sea water!”

His girlfriend began to laugh hysterically while his taste buds were still suffering from the horrible taste of the coffee. To take his revenge, he quickly grabbed his girlfriend’s favorite plate of chestnut cake, and dabbed the cream of the cake on his girlfriend’s nose before he finished the whole cake.

“HEY! MY CAKE!”

“Ugh, it taste like crap.” Aaron gagged after he forced the cake into him.

“Then why did you eat it!” his girlfriend pouted and complained as if she were about to cry.

“Here you can have some cake,” he then kissed her passionately, and allowed her to savor the remaining taste from his mouth. But, it was only his excuse to devour his cute girlfriend.

Reminiscing such memories brought a bittersweet smile across the businessman’s face, he still wonders what would happen if she didn’t leave ten years ago. Would they be happily married just like his brother and Ella? The businessman turned to the small window and stared out at the sky, he doesn’t know, because that was the past and nothing of the past can be changed.

When a flight attendant walked by him, he asked the lady for two cups of coffee and a pack of salt. When the businessman’s coffees and salt arrived, he smiled mischievously as he poured the small pack of salt into one of the coffee.


“Hey you two wake up,” he then wakens the two sleeping women, “Have some coffee, its unhealthy to sleep too much.”

“When do you care about health?” The novelist yawned as she received the coffee from the businessman.

“Thanks.” The assistant doesn’t have much to complain.

Aaron only smiled with mischief.

“OH MY ING GOD! WHAT DID YOU PUT IN MY COFFEE!” The novelist’s angry roar startled the entire plane, earning herself the attention of everyone.

Aaron only laughed hysterically to Calvin.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

After the long flight they’ve finally arrive at the beautiful island, Okinawa of Japan.

“Wow, I can’t believe Okinawa’s weather is still this nice during November.” Hebe inhaled the island’s pure air in joy before they all entered their designated Hotel.

“Weathers of the world various based on their locations Hebe,” Aaron commented, “Are you sure you graduated high school legibly?”

The novelist only glared at him.

Aside from the married couple who shares a room all the others got checked into their individual rooms, and began to head for the elevator.

“So what are we going to do here?” asked Aaron.

“Of course it’s to have fun!” Ella stated as a matter of fact.

Aaron could only roll his eyes at Ella’s answer.

“I don’t care what we’re going to do here, but I’m going to take a nap.” The elevator stopped on her floor and the novelist stepped out.

“Really, how many hours can that girl sleep.” Selina shakes her head.

“A lot of hours,” Genie who prepares to get off the elevator, “I’m kind of tired too.” And the assistant got off as well.


“I know why those two are living with each other now,” Chun commented, “They are too alike.”

“It seems like the flight was pretty tiring, how about we take today as a rest and start enjoying the place tomorrow?” Selina suggested, but in truths she just wanted to have some alone time, and avoid Calvin after their conversation on the plane.

“I guess so.” Aaron shrugged, and everyone began to get off on his or her own floors to their respective rooms.

Shortly after Selina settled her luggage in her room the photographer headed out immediately. Too many thoughts are running through her mind that frustrates the woman; therefore she decided to grab her camera and head out to take some pictures of the island. She really needs something to help clear her mind.

While the photographer explore the island she had no trouble getting around since the locals were extremely friendly and patient with the photographer’s limited Japanese, and some of them also speaks English so that really adds to it.

Hours passed and unconsciously, the photographer arrived at an isolated cliff where she enjoyed the kisses of the cool breeze while admiring the beautiful water in front of her.

The photographer sat down on the green grass and comfortable lay her back on it, everything just relaxes her. Her eyes gradually closed to let the quiet environment get into her system, so quiet that she could even differentiate the pattern of the waves.

While the sun begins to set, unknown to Selina a man who is also occupied with a camera sat besides her, enjoying her relaxing state. Slowly he leaned over the woman and glided his thumb down her cheek to her lips, “When was the last time I’ve touched those lips.” He whispered.

Upon feeling the man’s touch Selina quickly opened her eyes, and pushed the man off before she got herself up. “What are you doing?!”

“It’s been a long since I last saw you sleeping so peacefully.” The man smiled.

“Stop it Jiro,” the woman turned side way, avoiding his gaze, “What are you doing here.”

“I should be the one asking you that,” Jiro grabbed a hold of her chin and made her face him, “What are you doing here?”

“Stop it,” she pushed off his grasp, “She’s here.”

“So, we’ve already separated a long time ago.” And Selina knew that.

“Jiro, we’re not supposes to see each other.”

His eyebrow scrunched up angrily as he pulled the woman to him by the waist, “Why do you keep on pushing me away? Why?” and his lips forced on hers.

“STOP IT JIRO!” the female photographer pushed him off angrily, “You’re the one who pushed me away. Just let me go, and stop playing with me.”

And she walked off.

“I’ve never played you; you were the one who kept on breaking my heart.”

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The sun has long set, and the sky has put the island into dim when Genie finally woke up from her ‘nap’. The assistant who slept too much during day is having trouble going back to sleep, so she decided to head out towards the beach for a walk in order to lose some energy.

When she got to the beach, the night breeze sent chills down her spine, despite that she continue her walk until having spotted Calvin getting out of the water.

“He must be crazy, the water is probably freezing at this point.” The assistant murmured while she walked towards the man.

“Oh, hey.” the businessman took notice of her while he put on a jacket after the drying.

“Did you just swim in that water?” Genie pulled her hood on, and crossed her arms tight due to the wind.

“It’s pretty nice to swim under the moon you know,” the businessman sat down and patted at the spot next time, “Sit down.”

“But aren’t the water cold?”

“Maybe,” Calvin smiled out at the waters.

“You’re really weird you know,” the assistant laughed.

“Is that a good thing?” He turned to her.

“It won’t harm I guess.”

The man chuckled, “What are you doing out here?”

“I slept too much during the day, now I can’t close my eyes anymore.”

“Good, because I can’t seem to sleep either.” He smiled at her again, “We can accompany each other.”

“And why can’t you sleep?” she laughed humorously, she found that it’s nice to talk to Calvin.

“I don’t know, maybe it’s because I can foretell this encounter with you?” he turned to her with a playful smile.

“Right,” Genie couldn’t help but to smile even wider, “like I’ll believe that.”

“I guess that doesn’t work on you huh.”

“Don’t even try mister.” Laughter filled the lonesome beach.

“How did you know everybody? I heard that you’re the only one who went to a different high school.”

“I was roommate with Aaron during college, but we never really mingle until our re-encounter during a business meeting a few years ago,” Calvin explained, “perhaps it’s because of our business partnership I got to know the brothers better, and found two close friends. How odd.”

“That’s actually nice, it’s good to find genuine friendship in the midst of extreme workloads.”

“How do you know I have a heavy workload?” the man questioned amusingly, he liked talking to this woman.

“You seemed like a person of high social status,” she glanced at him, “are you not?”

The businessman chuckled, “unfortunately I can’t prove you wrong.” He crossed his hands behind his head and leaned back on the cool sand, “so tell me about how you met Hebe?”

And the conversation between the man and the woman continued under the moonlight.