Chapter Twelve

To Shatter A Heart Breaker [Completed]
“I’m about to go crazy! Can you believe her?” ranted the unsettling Hebe as she picked up a bottle of cologne and gave it a sniff, “It has only been a little over a year since I’ve last written a plot. She doesn’t have to fly all the way over from New York to Taiwan just to get on my case about it! I mean writing is a form of literature, and literature is a form art. And you can’t rush art!” The novelist just had afternoon tea with her publisher who arrived yesterday for business reasons; it was pretty obvious her teatime with the publisher didn’t go too well since the publisher hysterically stipulated for a plot in a threatening manner, which annoyed the novelist, “Ugh, this is horrifying!” she referred to the sample cologne, “what happened to the sense of fragrance chemists these years?” she continued to rant.

Aaron who was following a step behind chuckled, and pulled the ranting novelist close to him by the waist, “Relax, isn’t she flying back to New York tomorrow?”

“Yes, but she’s going to keep calling day and night.” She pouted like a child who couldn’t get what she wants, “I wish Genie would wake up soon.” Sorrow was quick to replace her pout, and the businessman doesn’t like that.

“She will.” He lifted her chin and captured her lips into a deep kiss. It has been two months since Genie was in comma, 3 weeks since the novelist discharged from the hospital, and three weeks and three days since Aaron Yan belongs to Hebe Tian, once again. Kissing Aaron Yan is one thing that the novelist could never resist; she then wrapped her arms around the man’s neck, and deepened the passion. She could taste a powerful tang of black coffee bitterness from the kiss, and bit his lips lightly.

“Did you sleep last night?” She studied him closely and noticed the darkened circles under the businessman’s eyes, and the evident weariness across his face.

“The meeting with the Marketing Department ran overnight.”

She cupped one hand on his face, “Why didn’t you stay home and get some sleep? You didn’t have to come.”

“I’d be working anyway if I stayed home, I’d rather be with you.”

Her eyes twinkle into a smile, and tipped toe to peak his lips; oh how he could easily enchant her.

“By the way, are you done yet? You’ve been on hunt for weeks.” Ever since her comment about his cologne, the novelist has been looking for suitable cologne for her boyfriend. “I actually like the one that you used to get me, but I can’t find it anywhere after I finished my last bottle.”

“Hmm, Yeah I like that one the best.” They headed toward the mall’s escalator hand in hands, “I’ll call the company for an order tonight.” Sometimes things are best remained unchanged, just like the cologne. It was the first cologne she got him.

She was planning to check out a few stores, but when the businessman finally gave into a yawn, she decided to do the man a favor. “I’m tired, let’s go home.”

“It’s only one.” The businessman checked his watch.

“Let’s go!” she began to pull him out of the extravagant mall, and he could only follow.

When they got to her condo complex, he escorted her all the way up to her condo. “I’ll call you later okay.” He peaked her lips lightly, but didn’t expect her to pull him in the house, and ravished his lips unmannerly. After many stumbles and bumps the two made it into the bedroom, miraculously.

They plopped on the bed, “I thought you were tired.” Aaron breathed on her neck after he fell on top of her.

“I am.” She grinned mischievously.

“You sure don’t act like it.” He lay on top of her, unmoving.

“Stay for the night.” She’s not asking, but stating. He didn’t answer, but rather rolled over next her; she took that as a yes, and shuffled her head to lay on his chest, “You can’t leave until I authorize you to.” She demanded.

“Mhmm…”

“Go to sleep.” He already did, and she continued to lie on top of him, listening to the consistency of his heartbeats that were like a lullaby, which eventually sung her to sleep as well.

-
-
-
-

As each day passed by it was already May, officially six months since Hebe was back; and the novelist have already adjusted back to the lifestyle in Taiwan. Everything felt just like it was ten years ago, except they are all now adults in the society, she and Selina are still not talking to each other, and Genie is still in comma.

Spring season has been slowly retreating and summer is approaching with heat, but only slightly, giving the city sun that slight heat, and enough wind to cool it. It’s an enjoyable weather for Hebe and Ella to roam around the city for their girls date.

“Are you sure those fit Chun?” the novelist asked on their way to Ella’s car; they’ve just got out of the mall after some massive shopping, mostly on Ella’s part for buying suits and shirts for her husband.

“Of course!” Ella began steering the wheel, and the car took of, then she snapped her neck towards the novelist, “Wait, don’t tell me you don’t know your man’s sizes.” She asked in horrification.

“Keep your eyes on the road!” Hebe scolded, and Ella did.

“Don’t change the subject, you don’t know?”

“Turn left, we’re visiting Genie today.” The novelist avoided the question once again.

“Oh my gosh! You really don’t know!” Ella gasped, and the car halted in a screech.

“What are you doing?” Hebe screamed after the sudden jolt, “Shut up and drive!” she slapped Ella’s arm, “I’ll find out later.” She mumbled.

The mall wasn’t too far from the hospital, so it didn’t take long for the two friends to reach their destination. They chatted their way up to Genie’s ward, and only halted in tension when they see Selina walked out of the ward. Ella was automatically put into an awkward position, whereas Hebe was anything but friendly.

“Hey S!” Ella greeted her other best friend, trying to be cheerful in the most casual way she could muster. Which failed.

“Hi.” Selina tried to smile.

“What the are you doing here?” Hebe didn’t even bother to hide the profanity, and gave the photographer an ice-cold bullet through the heart.

“I just came to see how Genie is doing.” Hurt was evident in the photographer’s voice.

“She would be better if you don’t come at all.” The novelist felt a huge pang of pain in her heart, but she was good at concealing it, “you can leave now, and never come again.” She could never forgive what the woman has done to her. She had tried to forgive the photographer, but when realizing the photographer has done a lot more evil to her, it was just impossible for the novelist to let it go.

“Hebe…” before Ella could finish her sentence Hebe gave her an intense stare.

“Ella, you promised you wouldn’t get involve into this.” The novelist warned.

Ella could only sigh, “I’ll call you later okay?” she said to Selina before the photographer left dejectedly.

All of a sudden she doesn’t like the weather anymore, and the day is just not as good.

-
-
-
-

After Hebe and Ella visited Genie, the two friends parted their ways as Ella drove home, while Hebe hailed a taxi to Aaron’s work place, disgruntled. When she reached the top floor of the skyscraper, Aaron’s office; the secretary greeted her politely, the novelist has been acknowledged as the businessman’s new girlfriend by now. Hazel was old news to the company’s gossip.

“Is he in there?” despite her bad temper, the novelist still attempted to suppress it.

“Yes, but Mr. Yan have an important meeting in 10 minutes.” The secretary hinted that the businessman is not in a situation to see her, but unlike Hazel, Hebe Tian doesn’t care; which shocked the secretary when the novelist only charged in without a word.

“Miss Tian!” the secretary tried to stop the novelist, but it was obviously too late.

“Hebe?” a shocked Aaron looked up from his table of documents, only to be meeting with an unsatisfied girlfriend staring at his secretary with the most classic diva stare.

“I’ll take it from here.” He dismissed the helpless secretary before walking around his desk, and advancing to steal a kiss from the novelist, “What is it?”

“I’m pissed.”

“I could see that, but why.”

“No reason. I was being a to someone who I don’t ever want to see in my live again, and I’m feeling really bad about it.”

Aaron chuckled lightly; his angel is in denial, she knows it but decided to deny it. If she were anyone else he would point it out for her, but no, this is Hebe Tian, when she knows something, and denies it; it’s bad to remind her again. She will figure it out on her, soon enough. This woman will forever be a child at heart.

“How can I make you smile again, beautiful?” he leaned over and nibbled her neck lightly.

She smiled slightly, “I heard you have a meeting in 10 minutes.” And pushed him off.

He studied her deliberately, before walking back to his desk to close his laptop and grabbed his jacket, “You know what, I do have a meeting in 10 minutes,” he walked back to her and grabbed her hand, leading her out of the extravagant office. “Cancel the meeting and push it to tomorrow morning,” he said to his secretary, and then turned to smile at the novelist, “I have a girlfriend to cheer up.” The two then left for the elevator, leaving the secretary dumbfounded. Never have her boss canceled any meetings for a woman. Hebe Tian is the first.

“You shouldn’t have done that.” Hebe wrapped her arms around his neck, with a smile that is far from apologetic; she enjoys his pampering.

“I would give the world for that smile to stay on your face,” he flirted, and she grinned even more. It’s good to be in love.

“I think your lips need some moisturizing,” and then went for his lips, so ally. After a good few seconds, they pulled away, “I think they caught us.” She looked up at the camera.

“I could careless, my lips are still too chapped.” He smiled mischievously at her, and they continued. Until the elevator door finally opened at the lobby floor, where a good dozen of the company’s employees caught their ultimate boss in action with his girlfriend.

Hebe blushed, but Aaron only lead her out of the elevator as if nothing has happened. Nevertheless, there would be an elevator story being talk of the company by the next morning, if next minute.

“Oh my god! That was really embarrassing!” Hebe complained, as Aaron started the car, “It’s all your fault!”

“You said my lips needed moisturizing.” He smirked, and the novelist could only redden more, “Where do you want to go?”

“The mall!” she decided.

-
-
-
-

“Why are we doing this again?” Aaron asked exasperatedly after he tried on the 8th outfit that the novelist had picked out for him.

“Because I want a personal fashion show done by my boyfriend.” Hebe lied with a bright smile, she does enjoy seeing him try on all the different kinds of outfit she picked for him. She got to admit, her boyfriend is a legit hottie; but her real purpose is to get familiar with his clothing sizes. And Aaron doesn’t need to know that, “Oh! Try this on!” she pushed another outfit to him again.

“No!” the businessman finally ran out of patience, and toss the outfit aside. For a split second, the novelist actually gulped like a child who has done something wrong, because she thought he was actually angry for that moment, until the next sentences that came out from him, “It’s time for me to have my personal fashion show from you.” His arms went around her waist naturally, and pulled her in.

She sensed that this fashion show is about to turn bad.

And she was correct.

He picked an extremely low cut red dress that unfortunately also hugs the body tight, with a . It’s basically an piece of cloth that is meant to be ripped and destroy for , not some ‘elegant’ gown it claimed!

“No! I’m not wearing that!” she protested, and the sales agent giggled.

“I tried on nine out fits for you, can’t you just try on this one?”

“No!”

“For me?” he tired again.

“Never!”

“Well, you are.” he shoved the dress at her, and pushed her into the changing room.

The novelist had no choice but to put the dress on, because after a few minutes of power struggle with Aaron, trying to get out, she lost; and her only option of exit was to put the dress on.

“Are you done yet?” the mischievous Aaron asked ten minutes later.

“No! Don’t come in!” The novelist blushed at the sight of herself in the dress as she began to panic, which was the biggest mistake she could make. The door opened, and he slipped in like a sly fox, “Who said you could come in!” she shrieked, trying to cover herself, it was futile.

“To claim my personal show,” he stated as a matter of fact, but she could see something more in his eyes, lust of a wild beast, “I knew this would look perfect on you.”

“Not it does not,” she disagreed quickly.

“It’s perfect, I said so.” He cornered her at the wall, and stole her lips; but it didn’t stop there, his unruly hands slipped into the so welcoming openings of the dress, and traveled under the thin fabric. Finally, there was a loud echo of fabric sheering.

The novelist gasp, “we…did-nt pay…unf-for the..dres-s” she managed to complain through his demanding kiss, but the man heed no attention to it. The novelist then used all her might to push the man off, after realizing this is going to be something more, “We’re in public,” she breathed.

“They won’t see us.” He bit her neck, and claimed her with a hickey.

“They’re going to hear us.” Her breathings became even heavier, as she grabs on his hair in pleasure; she’s losing her mind.

He gave her a roguish smile, and she knew this smile is bad, “Then I guess you’re going to have to kept quiet.” But she loves him for it.

In the end, the two finally walked out of the fitting room with all sales ladies giggling at them from afar.

Aaron paid for the damage dress like a happy child, while the novelist’s blush could easily rival that of a ripen tomato. The cashier also couldn’t keep her eye contact with the man without blushing slightly. What happened inside might not have been seen, but there was enough commotion and noise to enlightened the store.

Hebe Tian could never walk into the store the same way ever again.