Chapter Eight [PART TWO]

To Shatter A Heart Breaker [Completed]
CLARIFICATION :
-
-
I’ve come to notice that some of you couldn’t understand where did Ella and Selina’s claims of Hebe as a home wrecking came from. So, I decided to do a semi analysis for those who are confused, and hope to dis-confuse (if that is even a word) you guys.

Let’s recall back to a particular part of the conversation between Aaron and Hebe:

{{ “After I didn’t receive your calls I met someone a few months later, I was at a foreign country alone, and meeting someone who is from the same country and ethnicity background became a huge part of my life in that country. I really hope you can understand.”
“I don’t need to understand, just like you, I’ve also found other partners throughout the years. Therefore all romantic ties between us already ended a long time ago, before we even know it ourselves. And I’m sorry, I insist that we distant each other because I can’t find myself to become friends with you again. We tried, it didn’t work out. The gap between was too big that it has turned into a never fading scar.” }}

And the highlight of this conversation is one of Aaron’s sentences:
{{ I don’t need to understand, just like you, I’ve also found other partners throughout the years. }}

Now, lets recall back to the ending paragraph of CHAPTER EIGHT PART ONE

{{ “And she knows it.” Selina gaped at Ella. While eavesdropping some partial of the conversation, since they were in quite a distance so not everything was captured well, the two eavesdroppers had deciphered the conversation and came to a conclusion. Their best friend is committing home wrecking. And it is their ultimate mission to stop such action. }}

Highlight of this paragraph is {{ since they were in quite a distance so not everything was captured well }}

So to piece everything together, because Ella and Selina were at a distance away from Aaron and Hebe, the two women couldn’t capture the entire conversation between Aaron and Hebe (they were only able to hear chunks of the conversation); but it is assumed that they heard Aaron say this to Hebe : {{ I don’t need to understand, just like you, I’ve also found other partners throughout the years. }} Now, lets not forget Aaron had mentioned that he was already in a relationship to Chun and Ella back in Chapter One. So Ella already knows that Aaron is in a relationship, adding to that sentence of Aaron she could easily jump into conclusion because of the extra information that she knows. Therefore, Ella and Selina made assumptions and pieced these assumptions of theirs with the chunks of conversation (and scene that they had witness) to make a final conclusion.

-
-

AUTHOR's NOTE
-
-
I understand that there are many questions harbored in the readers, and some might have misinterpreted particular parts of the story, because I myself felt that I did not do a good job making things clear and connect while I process the story. So I will prepare a FULL ANALYSIS of the story after the Epilogue. The FULL ANALYSIS basically explains the whole the plot that I had in mind, and how a particular scene actually relates to or bridge to future events of the story. It should be something interesting to read for those who would like to understand the story a lot more, or like reading analytical things.

Additionally, it seems like some of you had came to noticed that I had started a new story called “You’re the Death of Me” which I had posted up to the Prologue so far. I do apologize to those who are anticipating for that story, because I’ve deleted it because I still don’t really know how I’m going to develop and write the story yet. I’ve only have very blur scenes in my head, and not a full plot. I would also like to focus on finishing To Shatter A Heartbreaker first, and then I’ll see if I want to write a second story.

Lastly, someone was very kind and considerate of my welfare, and had noticed that I haven’t been posting author’s notes ever since the repost of Heart Breaker. She had wondered why, so in response to this lovely reader of mine I felt like I owe her an explanation. Most of you should know that I had deleted heart breaker once due to a few offensive words, I was angered; however after I deleted the story from winglin I still continued to write heart breaker because it bothers me to not finish writing it when I already have the whole plot of every single chapter to the end planned. I came back, but I felt that I should just post the story, and nothing else. Because it seems like some readers tend to take an author’s words or mere estimations as promises. And they expected the authors to “live up” to this promises. I myself cannot tell the future therefore I cannot make promises, and I really don’t want history to repeat itself, because if it did I would probably hate Winglin as a whole. It is an ending that I would not like to see for I love writing. Despite the fact that my best friend claims that I have very dark and sadistic plots.

-
-
-
-
-
-

Chapter Eight Part Two

After the novelist exited the swimming pool, Ella and Selina quickly caught the novelist, and dragged the novelist outside. Because it is still early in the morning, there are not much people outside, almost none, instead there were too many employees and residents inside the hotel. So, the outside became their best location to straighten everything out.

“What the, Ella, let go,” The perplexed novelist pushed off Ella’s strong grip, and gave her two friends a weird look. “What is with you two?”

“We need to talk H.” Selina stated simply, the novelist could tell it’s serious.

“Okay,” Hebe went along, “So what do you guys want to talk about? I need to talk to you guys too.” She needs to decipher how and what convinced Ella to make such an absurd comment regarding her departure ten years ago.

“What were you doing in there?” Ella demanded, almost gravely dire.

“What do you mean?” The novelist was confused.

“You and Aaron,” Selina added.

“You guys spied on us.” It was evident that Hebe is upset.

“We didn’t mean to,” Ella was almost guilty, almost.

“Of course you’re not,” the novelist went along with a sarcastic snigger. Hebe is beginning to be dubious of these best friends of hers. First they betrayed her by labeling fallacy rumors on her, and giving her a hard time when she had just came back after ten years of separation. That part she could understand since it was partially her fault for leaving without any notifications, and not contacting them; however, how can they spy on her? SPY ON HER! Just what do they see her as? It doesn’t seem like a best friend to her.

“Hebe, you know he is already in a relationship, why did you still do that?” Selina’s words stupefied the novelist. No she did not know he is already taken.

“Why Hebe, Why did you do that? Aaron has already been hurt enough by you, just let him love properly, without pain okay?” The novelist turned Ella; she stared at Ella as if the married woman is a stranger talking in alien. Is that what she thought of her, a catastrophe to Aaron Yan’s happiness?

“We don’t want you to become a home wrecker. It really breaks my heart.” Selina tried convinced tenderly.

That was it. Rage flared in Hebe’s eyes after Selina finished her words, the novelist glared angrily at the photographer, almost nasty. “You have no right to say that me. Speak for yourself before you start labeling me Selina Ren.” Hebe Tian was furious, and this flame of hers will not be put off so easily after it has been lit. Out of all things, Selina had to push the wrong button, Hebe’s explosive button.

Ella and Selina both staggered at the novelist’s reaction; it was not something they expected, it never was. Ella was purely surprised; however, the photographer became anxious, because something in the novelist’s tone and eyes told her that the novelist knew of something. Something ugly.

“And you Ella,” the novelist quickly snapped her neck at Ella, the graveness never left the novelist’s eyes, “Why did you tell Aaron that I left for another guy? Why did you frame me?”

“W-wwhat?” Ella was confused, almost scared as she stuttered, “Selina told me. Was it not true?” Hebe knew Ella’s question was genuine, and her anger only increased while glaring back at the photographer. Something is going to change between the three after this conversation. It was inevitable, they could just tell.

“No wonder you were so nice to me when I came back, you were the one behind all of this. I knew things was a bit too extreme when I came back, it was all you.” Rawness was carried in the novelist’s tone.

Ella who was confused could only witness the whole situation, the crumbling of their friendship as fear overwhelmed her. This will be catastrophic.

“Yes, I was the one who said it, was it not true?” Selina who had realized that today is the day where the two of them must lay everything out, all the past and secrets. There was no way for her to hide or escape from this. It seems like Hebe already know some of it, if not all. “You even married him.” The photographer’s sharp eyes challenged the novelist.

“Yes, I did married him,” the true war begins now as the novelist began to let out her venoms at the photographer, she is out to give the photographer pain, “And do you know why I married him? Because I knew you wanted him, you loved him. I knew the best way to kill your heart was to claim him, and make it impossible for you to ever touch him again.” Hebe studied every detail of expression shown on the photographer’s face, Selina Ren was in pain; but the novelist is far from done torturing the photographer, far from done. “Do you still remember when he came back for you a 5 years ago? He told you he wanted to be with you right, but then he changed his mind after he went back to America. You must be wondering what happened. While Jiro Wang couldn’t stop his feelings for you, he still loved me, but what really stopped him from being with you was because I was pregnant with his baby. I used that against him, but all that time when I was lawfully his wife, lawfully owning him; never did I loved him once. I knew I was torturing you by claiming him, but I also need to give him his share of pain. I allowed him the happiness and anticipation of becoming a father for 2 months, and then I made him kill his own baby. I planned for him to cause my miscarriage, and oh boy I loved his reaction when I told him the exact something that I just told you. He had the same exact expression as you, he was in great pain as if his heart was being ripped out of his chest. Just like you.”

“HEBE!” Ella shook in horror after listening to the novelist’s cruel confessions; those were words and schemes of a devil. An extremely cruel devil, since when did her best friend become like this.

And the next thing they know was Selina slapped Hebe Tian across the face; Hatred glowed on the photographer’s face of misery while streams of tears flooded down her cheeks, “How can you do this to him, to me? How can you be so cruel to even killing your own unborn child? You monster!”

Selina was going to give Hebe another slap, but the novelist grabbed the photographer’s wrist, and strike across the photographer’s cheeks instead. “You have no ing rights to touch me, or to lecture me on what I do. “

“You never change do you Hebe,” the photographer touched her swollen cheek, glared at the novelist and sniggered nastily, “You want everything, and you get everything, including people’s feelings; but you were never genuine about them. You only want what you can’t have. You’re cruel and brutal when it comes to satisfying yourself, even to the extent of breaking up other people’s relationship.”

“S…” Ella could only murmured in terror upon hearing such descriptions from the photographer. What is happening to their friendship? Why are her two best friends snapping each other’s neck off like they were archenemies. No, they are enemies.

“You’re a heartbreaker, a home wrecker Hebe Tian,” Selina’s statement only ignited more anger from the novelist.

“No, you are the home wrecker Selina Ren,” Selina was dumbstruck by the novelist’s declaration as she staggered back while the novelist advanced confidently with an aura of murderess, “You’re the one who fell for your best friend’s boyfriend, which was my boyfriend, and stole him away from me. Oh, don’t give me that look; I knew more of your nasty and ugly secrets. You got together with him when he was still mine; you even gave your first time to him. Just so you can rope him to you, and while you two were sleeping behind my back you were already planning on how to convince me to break up with him, and convince me to date someone else, to date Aaron Yan. Congratulation, your plan succeeded.” The novelist smiled mockingly at the stunned photographer.

While Selina tried to digest all that Hebe have said, she felt like choking. She hates to admit it, but the novelist was correct with everything that she has said. She did fall for Jiro Wang, Hebe Tian’s boyfriend back in high school, and she did plan to separate the two by convincing her best friend to break up with her perfect boyfriend, and planned for her best friend to date someone else. She had played around with her best friend like a toy. She had stolen her best friend’s boyfriend, and even continued to see him after he became her husband. When she knew that he was her husband. She didn’t want to do all that, but she couldn’t help it. She had fallen too deep in Aphrodite’s trap, yet she doesn’t have the courage to face her own betrayal to her best friend. Guilt has never stopped eating her inside all this time. But how did Hebe Tian find out about all this?

“But, never in your dreams did you think I’ll find out about your nasty acts, and turned the tables around. Karma is a when it turns back and bite you in the honey.” Hebe Tian did not even try to be kind with her words, and continued to shred the photographer’s heart. The novelist only continued to smile viciously.

“H-hhow did you find out-“ before the photographer can finish her stuttering sentence the novelist quickly cuts her off.

“Good question, I’m glad to answer that for you. First, I suggest turning off your cell phone when you’re ing someone else’s boyfriend. And make sure you don’t call the girlfriend by mistake while you’re talking behind her during your ing session. “ Selina Ren staggered more, but Hebe Tian knew the good part is what she is about to say next, “And secondly, he told me everything when he proposed to me. In addition to that, he told me that you were a mistake that should never have happened, and I was his only one. Does it hurt to know that you were once a mistake to him, to Jiro Wang?”

Yes it does hurt. Selina Ren felt like her heart has been ripped out of her, yet she is still living with the pain of missing a heart. And then salt is being poured on her wound, her would where her heart was gone. It was so agonizing that she wanted to die, but it seems like god is rejecting even such a simple wish. Was it really all karma?

“You are the home wrecker.” Selina’s orbs widen at the finger that Hebe Tian pointed at her. Words are stuck at the tip of , and she could only cry more. Hebe Tian gave the traumatized photographer and Ella one last look before she spun her heels and walked away. All three of them knew that once Hebe Tian walked away, she would be away from them forever. Their friendship has officially been shattered. After Hebe Tian walked away, Selina did so too, towards the other direction. The photographer walked away without looking at Ella, she was too ashamed to look the married woman. While, her two friends walked off neither of them considered the feelings of the married woman who has been in the dark all this time until all the ugliness has been just revealed. Ella Chen is hurting too.

-
-
-
-
-
-

While Selina tried to dry her tears by wiping it off, she only found that the tears are flowing down never endingly. The person who she was trying so hard to hide from has finally revealed her biggest guilt and shame; addition to that she had also hurt the person who she loved so much. Because of her selfish mistakes, she had caused her best friend misery, as a result had caused her own best friend to destroy Jiro, her love, for revenge. She was the culprit of this catastrophic chain between the three of them. More tears continued to stream down the photographer’s face while she continuously question herself, why did she commit such stupid act? That was because she did indeed loved Jiro Wang, and still does. But why did she have to frame Hebe Tian, because she was angry at losing Jiro Wang.

It all began on the same day when Hebe had committed hit and run, Selina and Jiro were having one of their secret meetings as usual.

“Do you think we should tell Hebe about us?” Selina asked while she enjoyed her lover’ nuzzling against her neck, she giggled.

“We should,” he nibbled her ear, more giggles.

“But how should I say it? I still can’t get over the guilt,” she turned around and wrapped her arms around his neck, and stared up at him, “I was the one who stole you away from her,” she glided her tender fingers down his muscular face, “I planned for your break ups, I was the who convinced her to break up with you just so we could be together.”

“Yes, but you only did what was right, and you only did it to protect her. My relationship with her was no more when I met up,” he cupped her face gently, and gave her a tender reassuring look, “You had convinced her to break up with me, so she won’t be hurt or embarrassed. And you even found her someone else, someone that is more fitted for her. Of course we don’t have to let her know all that, she doesn’t need to know.” He then captured her luscious lips, and things began to heat up, it didn’t stop until they were fully done with the love making process.

After their love making session, Jiro Wang finally dropped the bomb at Selina Ren.

“Hey, I have something to tell you.”

“Yeah?” she snuggled close to his well-built body, she loved the feeling of his bare chest.

“I’m leaving for America next week.”

She froze.

And he continued, “I’ve been admitted to a college there for 1 year as a transfer student to further my studies on photography.” And that was all he needed to say for the woman to understand that there is nothing that could stop him. The man loves photography, probably even more than he loves her.

“Okay.” And that was the last time the two had saw each other, because Selina couldn’t make herself to see him off at the airport. She would lose control of herself, and break down. She doesn’t want him to see her like that.

After Jiro left the country, Selina couldn’t find herself to be interested into doing anything, all she did was sulk everyday. Nostalgia completely overwhelmed her to the point where she barely reacted when Ella told her that Hebe was suddenly gone. For Selina Ren, love was her everything.

Three months later was when jealousy possessed her. Jiro Wang had emailed her, and told her that he met Hebe in America. But what triggered her the most was his last sentence,

“I might still have feelings for her. I’m sorry.”

Selina Ren was at total lost, crushed, and she allowed the jealousy and wrath in her to commit even more sins against her own best friend.

She went up to Ella Chen and told the woman that Hebe Tian had left to America for another man. That was all it took, and everyone around them soon know of this “act of Hebe Tian.”
Selina Ren regretted her actions right after she had done it, but everything was too late. The words have traveled to far away, and had become the truths.

-
-
-
-

The moment Hebe Tian turned her back against her two friends tears began to streamed down from her eyes like rapid waterfalls; the novelist was hurting with every single word that she had said. For every pint of pain that she had brought upon Selina, she had brought upon herself double the pain, because not everything she said was true. She did not marry Jiro Wang for revenge against Selina’s betrayal; she did loved the man, because he was her comfort and support when she was alone in a foreign country, without the support of her then boyfriend in Taiwan, Aaron Yan. Love indeed sparked again between the two. And she did not plan for Jiro to cause her miscarriage, because she herself was really anticipating for the baby; she wanted the baby. The miscarriage was an accident, but she was angry with Jiro for his betrayals, and she was also in great depression of losing her baby. She needed to see Jiro Wang in pain at that moment just so she could feel a bit better. Sadistic of her yes, but she really need to release her angers back then when it all happened.

And last but not least, she didn’t mean to confront everything to the photographer, especially not in front of Ella, and end up hurting both of them so deeply. It was never her intention to hurt Selina Ren, because she knew the photographer was being eaten alive by guilt, and it was definitely never her intention to destroy their friendship; however, the moment she found out that all the rumors about her came solely from Selina Ren had ignited the wrath in her. Nothing matters to her at that moment except to get even with the photographer, and she had used the best weapon to destroy the photographer mentally.

More tears continued to fall from the novelist’s eyes while the pain also increases simultaneously. It is painful to reminisce back into the memory lane.

It all happened right after her car accident from ten years ago. Hebe Tian became extremely frantic after she had ran off from her hit and run; she needed someone to comfort her, to stable her, and she tried calling Aaron, but he won’t answer her calls. She couldn’t reach Aaron so she tried Ella, but then she realized that Ella was in Paris at that time. Just when she was about to call her other best friend, Selina Ren, she got a call from her instead. More than please, the frantic Hebe quickly answered the call, but what she heard only gave the young Hebe more mental shock.

It was the conversation between Selina and a man whose voice sounded extremely likes her ex-boyfriend, Jiro Wang, it was Jiro Wang. The two of them were talking about their secret relationship, and how guilty Selina was for betraying Hebe; but then they quickly started giggling and flirting. Soon, the of came in and Hebe couldn’t bare it anymore, but to end the call with tears. Everything came upon her way too sudden and fast, just like a tsunami hitting her without warning, and giving her instant death. First it was the hit and run she had committed, and then she found out that her best friend has been playing her like a toy just so she could steal her ex-boyfriend. Even her relationship with Aaron was plotted; the distraught young Hebe began to question everything and everyone around. Hebe Tian felt horribly alone in a world of no humanity, she was disgusted at herself and the people around her. She had locked herself in the house for a couple of days before she decided she can no longer live in Taiwan, the place is suffocating her. She needs to move, to get away from the hit and run, from betrayals of her best friend, and find a new life. She doesn’t know the people in Taiwan anymore. When she left she wanted to end all ties with everyone in Taiwan, with Aaron Yan as the only exception, he was innocent and her feelings for him did not change; however, she was disappointed and felt betrayed again when she never got Aaron’s call.

The young Hebe was at the lowest point of her life where it seems like she had lost her soul and will to live, indeed she did. And that was when she encountered Jiro Wang again, in America where it was just the two of them. When Hebe saw Jiro she was angry with him, and she hated him that every time she saw him she’ll remember that horrible phone conversation, his betrayal, Selina’s betrayal, and the car accident, the fact that she had killed an innocent person. Yet, she couldn’t seem to detach herself from the man, because it was just too painful to be living alone in a foreign country where she had no one, she hated Jiro Wang, but he was her only one in the foreign western country. She began to rely on him, and love reoccurred between the two. He had filled her emptiness and loneliness, and helped her find bliss again. Hebe allowed such happiness to overlook all the pain and betrayals the man brought upon her, because she loved him back then. And she agreed to marry him when he proposed on a lame November day; it was a significant month between the two. November was the month when she had first met him in high school, when he had first asked her out, and then it was the month when he proposed. Seriously, November was her favorite month for a couple of years when she was happily with Jiro Wang.

And then everything changed when Jiro Wang went back to Taiwan for his gallery show. He met with Selina Ren again, déjà vu happened. The two got together, Jiro Wang cheated on Hebe Tian again, and Selina also betrayed Hebe Tian again. It didn’t take long for Hebe to find out about her husband’s adultery, their perfect marriage began to crack. Their marriage got so sour, so cracked that divorce was already in process. But god decided to torture the two a little bit more, Hebe Tian was suddenly pregnant with Jiro Wang’s baby, divorce was out of question; instead their marriage reconciled. Though, that was only the calm before the storm. After two months of calm, a storm attacked them. Hebe began to have huge mood swings due to her pregnancy; the mood swing was so ridiculous that it finally drove Jiro to the edge. They began to fight, and then the unfortunate finally happened. Hebe fell, and she began to bleed, it was a miscarriage that neither of them expected. It was in November, caused by Jiro Wang.

It was evident that Hebe was traumatized by the lost of her baby, but it was also because she had lost her baby, the wrath in Hebe Tian finally raged its way out. She hated Jiro Wang. She hates him for betraying her and hurting her over and over again. He had destroyed her, and caused her to lose her baby. Hatred overwhelmed the traumatized woman, and she began her revenge. She told him the cruelest words and lies that she told Selina Ren. While she was hurting him, she felt true happiness for once. There was a time where Hebe had questioned herself, is there something wrong with her?

After she officially divorced Jiro, Hebe lived a year of loneliness and depression. For the second time in her life she felt lost, betrayed, hurt, and disgusted again. Her life was back in the ugly darkness once gain, and she might still be stuck in such darkness forever if she hadn’t met Genie Zhou, the college freshman who couldn’t find a job. Hebe could still remember that she was spacing out at a local café, her attire was extremely untidy, almost pitiful, and that was when the curious and perhaps kindhearted Genie approached Hebe with concern. The moment Hebe saw Genie, her heart finally began to beat again, and blood began to run in her body again. The lost woman begin to have feelings again. Genie Zhou was Hebe Tian’s sister by blood, the sister that Hebe Tian had only seen through pictures, but never admitted due to her anger towards her mother who had abandoned her and her father. Genie didn’t know of Hebe’s identity (as her sister), and Hebe took advantage of that to find out that their mother had die a few years ago, and the young-college freshman is currently struggling with college tuition fee and living expenses. It was then Hebe lived again; she lived to support her sister. Genie was a gift to Hebe from god, because darkness was temporarily no more. It was temporarily, because she would still think of the pains, and enter the stages of depression every now and then. After going on and off from her depression, Hebe decided she couldn’t stay in America anymore, because just to be in the country alone caused her pain. It was then time for Taiwan.

-
-
-
-

On the other hand, curiosities filled the hotel employees as they watched Aaron Yan stormed back in the hotel with a tremendous irritated expression plastered across. The man had just gone outside a couple of minutes ago, what had caused him to return in such a short period of time, and caused the enraged expression on him.

Rich people are weird, was the employee’s conclusion.

He then gave Calvin Chen a call; their conversation was extremely solemn.