Chapter Eight [PART ONE]

To Shatter A Heart Breaker [Completed]
CHAPTER EIGHT Part One

Instead of going back to her own room after she left the game the novelist went straight to Aaron’s room and stood in front of it. The woman hesitated before she finally gathered up her courage and knocked on the door.

Two knocks. No response.

Another two knocks. No response.

The novelist sighed and gave a third try, two more knocks. Yet there was still no response. Resigned, the novelist turned her heels and headed back to her room.

While the businessman who had refused to respond the knockings of the novelist, was standing right in front of the door on the other side, it was his hands that refused to turn the doorknobs. They won’t allow him too. Vexed, the man slid back against the door, and sat on the cold floor.

Seems like it’s impossible for lovers to be friends again after the relationship has broken. At least Aaron Yan know he can’t, because he had loved Hebe Tian too much. He had allowed himself to fall too deep for her back then, and Hebe Tian had drove a knife through his heart way too deep; she had caused him to fall from heaven and cruelly down to hell. Aaron Yan finally realized that it’s impossible for even a bit of friendship to happen between them, they can only go back to becoming lovers, or be strangers. Those were the only options, the only. And Aaron Yan cannot afford to go through the same pain he did a decade ago. He has too much to lose.

-
-
-
-

After the crestfallen novelist went back to her own room, the woman automatically opened a bottle of wine and began to drink the alcohol rapidly without any thoughts. She needed something to be in her system.

While the novelist was busy getting herself drunk, Genie entered the room unannounced as the assistant’s heart broke at the witness of her friend’s condition.

“Stupid woman,” the assistant closed the door quietly, “she didn’t even bother to close the door.” And advanced toward the drunken novelist who’s already at her second bottle of wine.

“Stop drinking already, it’s bad for you,” the assistant stated gently, and seized the bottle of alcohol, even though the novelist is too drunk to resist or comprehend anything. The novelist was in a world of her own.

“Genie,” intoxicated novelist grabbed onto the assistant heavily, and looked at the assistant with painful eyes, “Did you know that I didn’t mean to bully you all those time. But I just can’t help myself, because it was so fun and addicting.”

Genie could only stared at the novelist.

“Please don’t be mad at me, I actually really love you, but it’s just really uncomfortable to not tease you everyday you know,” the novelist gave out a huge hic-up as her words began to tangle, “you-you’rerahllyimpaahtantomeeh. Selandehlaawaahmahbestfwwendbaahtnooneofuutheemundahstaaandme. Onleeeyuundaahsitandmeeh.” That was it. The novelist then collapsed on Genie as she had past out.

Genie quickly transported the past out novelist to the bed, and settled her. The assistant covered the duvet over Hebe as agony filled her while watching the novelist’s distress even in her sleep. Just how much pain are you in? The assistant thought while watching her boss.

“You’re really important to me. Selina and Ella were my best friends, but none of them understand me. Only you understand me.” Those were the tangled words that novelist had confessed to the assistant, and the assistant chuckled with irony that she could actually decipher such complexity.

“It really to be bullied you,” Genie said to herself while fixing the sleeping novelist’s bangs, “but it’s fine. Because I understand you. Sleep tight big sis, and everything will be okay when you wake up tomorrow.”

-
-
-
-
-

The next morning has arrived as sunlight illuminated the large hotel room, and shined the novelist awake. “Ugh.” The novelist groaned at the headache that she is experiencing. She looked around her room lazily and groaned once more when she had located the emptied wine bottles, “ alcohols.” The novelist then walked towards the coffee table where her phone was, and checked the time, it was only 7 a.m. in the morning. She had wakened up extremely early today.

The novelist ruffled her hair as she stood in the middle of her lonesome room thinking, what should she do. Quickly giving herself a sniff she had decided that a shower should be her priority for she stinks of alcohol.

After showering the novelist opened her suitcase and began to pick out her outfit of the day; however due to the aftermath of the alcohols the novelist is still quite cranky even after the refreshing shower; therefore her mood to fashion herself is gone, hence she had nonchalantly grabbed a pair of short jeans and her white silk button down shirt. Just when she was about to close the suitcase, a scarf had caught the novelist’s eyes; she picked up the scarf and brought it to her chest. It was the scarf the Aaron had given her last time. The novelist doesn’t know when she packed the scarf with her, but she brought the scarf up to her nose and sniffed it. “It still smells like him.” For some reason, Hebe Tian decided she still likes it, just like last time.

Hebe sat down with the scarf and began to think over everything that has been happening, everything that she has done ever since she came back to Taiwan. She was positive that when she made the decision to come back Aaron Yan was never on her list of reasons, ten years of separations had saturated away her feelings for the man. She came back to Taiwan to escape from memories and events that she found herself having no more strengths to withstands. The irony, she came back to Taiwan with the same exact reason why she had went to America ten years ago, she was also escaping memories and events at Taiwan. Hebe Tian has been escaping for the past ten years, never had she stopped escaping, not even for a split second. Is it time for her to stop escaping from America, from Taiwan? But how? She is escaping from too many things, and these things are so severe that if she decides to face them she’ll wreck people who are dear to her, and most importantly, end herself. However, there is one thing that Hebe Tian can stop escaping from. She took one more look at the scarf, her heart might be beating for the scarf’s owner once again. Beating for Aaron Yan.

The novelist quickly put on her flip-flops and ran out of the door, not forgetting to bring the scarf with her. She needs to find Aaron Yan.

After finding that Aaron was not in his room, the novelist began to search all over the hotel, and finally found the man when she entered the indoor swimming pool. The woman stopped at a far distance for she needed some time to catch on to her breathing, she had been running her ways around with anxiety. However, standing at her spot and watching the man swim from afar increased her anxiety. She don’t know what she should say, or how to begin. She really don’t want things to get worst than it already is, she wanted to make things better.

Upon seeing Aaron coming out of the swimming pool, the novelist quickly went over without much thought since she is afraid that he’ll leave soon. But she regretted her actions the moment she was standing right in front of the topless man. The man was obviously surprised, and cat has caught her tongue while her mind is all blanked out. This is going to be a disaster!

The two faced each other for about half a minute before the businessman began to walk off, without any words; his expression was stoic. And the novelist quickly grabbed a hold of the man’s wrist. “Wait!”

The businessman stopped his steps, and silence enveloped them again. The businessman glanced down at the woman’s hand that is still grabbing onto his wrist, she’s using her left hand. He took special notice of her ring finger as the thought of a ring had once occupied that finger angered him. He flinched off from the woman’s grasp, “If you’re don’t have anything to say, I’ll be leaving.” His words were sharp and cold just like thin ice driving down her spine.

“I do have something to say.” The woman looked at him, and his cold eyes pained her.

“What. Make it fast.”

I won’t make it fast, the novelist wanted to say, but she did not. “Here,” she handed him the scarf, “I never had the chance to give this back to you.”

“You can keep it, I don’t want it anymore.” He didn’t even bother to glance at it.

“Look Aaron, can we talk over this without you sounding like a complete stranger?”

“We have nothing to talk about, we are strangers.” His last word triggered the woman. After a whole night of thinking, Aaron had decided to be strangers with the woman. It is the best for both of them. No, three actually, there’s also Hazel who is still in dark. And she will continue to be in the dark.

“BUT I DON’T WANT US TO BE STRANGERS!” that was it, she had lost it, she had screamed it out.

Shocked by the outburst, the businessman could only stand still.

“Look Aaron,” the novelist who had also noticed her lost of control took a deep sigh before continuing, “I know it’s my fault on every aspect, I was the one who wasn’t attentive enough during our relationship, and I was also the one who had jump into conclusions while putting the blames on you. I’m sorry.”

“Is that all you have to say?” his voice was unchangingly cold, but dilemma has already began to build within him.

“And…” the woman hesitates, “I can’t tell you why I left so abruptly, but I want to strongly emphasize that I did not leave for another man.”

“And you were married?”

“After I didn’t receive your calls I met someone a few months later, I was at a foreign country alone, and meeting someone who is from the same country and ethnicity background became a huge part of my life in that country. I really hope you can understand.”

“I don’t need to understand, just like you, I’ve also found other partners throughout the years. Therefore all romantic ties between us already ended a long time ago, before we even know it ourselves. And I’m sorry, I insist that we distant each other because I can’t find myself to become friends with you again. We tried, it didn’t work out. The gap between was too big that it has turned into a never fading scar.”

Hebe’s heart dropped while she digested the businessman’s every word attentively, did he just tell her that he doesn’t want to have anything to do with her? No, she won’t allow that. He was hers, and he will become hers once again.

“What if I tell you that my feelings for you might have came back?” The novelist gazed up at the man with strong eyes that were full of anticipation and anxiety. She tensed for his response.

Aaron’s eyes widen at the novelist’s sudden confession, never had he expected such a confession to escape the lips of the prideful woman. However, the businessman had given too much chances in any form of relationships (whether it is romantically or friendships) with the woman. And all results had turned out to be failures with him being hurt all over the place. The woman had played him enough, he doesn’t need to be made a fool of again!

“This game that you’re playing needs to stop, you’ve toyed with me for long enough.” The businessman gave her sharp look before turning his heel, preparing to leave.

SPLASH!

Within a flash, the novelist had pushed the two of them into the pool, straining the man from leaving.

“WHAT THE HEBE!” The novelist only pulled him with strong force and kissed him. The businessman struggled to push the novelist away for what it seems like a couple of minutes when it was only a couple of seconds, and he finally succeed. “Cut it out!”

Hebe only stared at him with unreadable eyes, “Really? You really didn’t feel anything?” her velvet voice was soft and husky; it was driving his adrenaline up. The woman approached him again, this time slowly due to the water, and he began to back away from the advancing woman. He was confused, almost helpless. While backing away from the advancing woman Aaron had taken notice of the woman’s clothing. She was wearing a rather thin white silk shirt, and now they’re in the water, her shirt has became see through. Yes, he is seeing everything underneath. He gulped. This is bad. “You’re not saying anything, let’s give this another try.” And she pounced on him again, like a tiger almost. Almost.

Everything has lost control this time, Aaron Yan had lost control. The dominant had reversed, his hands were gliding under the woman’s thin wet shirt, and he was kissing, no devouring her up against the pool wall, while floating on water. The novelist wrapped her arms around his neck, and legs around his strong waist, hugging him tightly. While their kissing only continue to heat up. Everything was too hot, not even the coldness of the pool water can put out the heat between the two. It was not enough, Aaron Yan found himself needing more, and he became more aggressive while abusing the novelist’s more than willing lips with his own. He had became a wild animal, desires took all control over him. The woman was like a drug, a drug that he knew is bad for him yet he can’t stop himself from taking it no matter how hard he tried to restrain himself from it. And he is now at his point after he had been deprived from the drug for too long, for ten years. The beast in him finally rushed out to take its drug. That drug is Hebe Tian.

His fingers tangled with the novelist’s hair, creating a messy tangle while he continue to devour for more. Suddenly, the novelist’s hair seemed to have gotten tangled with something on his finger and caught the businessman’s attention. Her hair had caught on his ring, his couple ring with Hazel. The businessman quickly stopped what he was doing, while he stared at his ring. What was he doing? He stared at Hebe with fearful eyes, he was afraid of himself.

Hebe who was still caught in the sensation of ecstasy pulled him back to the kiss. But Aaron quickly pushed her off. “No. What are we doing?” He asked, while his fingers touched his ring. How could he have forgotten about Hazel? What had possessed him? The man was too confused, standing there with all kinds of questions running through his mind to noticed the hurtful and insulted expression from the novelist. Hebe quickly swam over to the other side of the pool. She took the black jacket that the businessman had prepared beforehand near the poolside and put it on before leaving for she had noticed that her shirt had became see through after the exposure to water.

The insulted woman was also confused and mad at herself for what had happened back at the pool. That was never part of her plan, her plan was to ‘talk’ to the businessman. Not to make out with him, and then get pushed away like she was plague. Dejected, her pride was officially shattered. Hebe Tian felt shameful of herself. Did she just seduced the resistant Aaron Yan back there? She don’t know, nor does she want to know.

This will forever be a stigma of her life. Where did her cool and control go? When it concerns Aaron Yan, all her quality traits might have just gone down the toilet, but since when? Hebe Tian is desperate for the answer.

-
-
-

Hebe wasn’t the only one that had wakened up early; Ella and Selina were known early birds due to their occupations and hobbies. Ella would wake up early for her morning exercises, and to see Chun off work. While Selina, her schedule is really crazy due to all kinds of photo shoots that she does; therefore the photographer had created a habit of waking up early, or just not sleep at all.

Ella and Selina who went to bed with an overwhelmed mind all regarding their friend, Hebe Tian, decided to get together for an early breakfast while they analyze everything about their novelist friend. On their way to breakfast they had encountered the occupied novelist running around the hotel frantically, as if she is searching for something, or someone. Ella was going to call out to the novelist; however, Selina stopped her when they saw the novelist entered the swimming pool. The two then eavesdropped Aaron and Hebe’s conversation, additionally; they’ve also witnessed the actions as well.

“Aaron is already in a relationship,” Ella whispered to the photographer beside her in shocked, she couldn’t believe what she is witnessing of the businessman and the novelist. Though she secretly admits, it was kind of hot. But that was beside the point.

“And she knows it.” Selina gaped at Ella. While eavesdropping some partial of the conversation, since they were in quite a distance so not everything was captured well, the two eavesdroppers had deciphered the conversation and came to a conclusion. Their best friend is committing home wrecking. And it is their ultimate mission to stop such action.