Chapter Ten [PART TWO]

To Shatter A Heart Breaker [Completed]
Note:

This will be the last post by me, because I've entrusted the rest of the story to a friend who would finish it in my place since I've lost all inspiration for the story.

Despite all, I hope you guys enjoy this chapter, and the further chapters that my friend would introduce to you guys. It was a pleasant time sharing with you guys.

-
-
-
-

Chapter Ten Part Two

It was deep into the night where the hospital has fell into stilled silence in contrary to its hectic daylight ruckus. Unbothered by the room’s darkness, Aaron seated statically in front of the unconscious Hebe Tian, his fixed look was focused enough to burn a hole through the sleeping novelist, if possible. The surgery had ended with a narrow success a couple of hours prior, and the businessman had overstayed his visit; visiting hours has long past. When the two women were rolled out of the operation room Aaron felt his heart halted, and his circulation hitched into a momentarily stop as he waited for a sentence of result from the surgeon. It wasn’t until the words, “It was a narrow success,” came out from the surgeon’s very lips when Aaron finally found himself breathing, and his heart beating again. He didn’t care how successful the surgery was, he just needed to know that the surgery was successful, because that’d guarantee the novelist’s well being. Ironically, although it was Genie whose life was at the edge, Aaron had made himself believed that Hebe Tian’s life was at the edge instead. There was an unsettling feeling in the businessman when Hebe Tian was rolled into the operation room along with Genie, which was when the businessman’s frenzies began. If it weren’t for Chun and Ella’s arrival, the angst might’ve drive Aaron crazy. For once, Aaron Yan might’ve felt fear.

With the jaded moonlight gracing upon the dozed novelist, Hebe Tian seemed to be the most tranquil as if even a slight trace of mortality would taint such a pure being; Aaron was utterly captivated. The moment felt timeless where it’s just he and she, undisturbed by the world, he wouldn’t mind for this to be an eternity. Unfortunately for the businessman, the moment is only a fleet, not timeless, and it won’t continue for an eternity, because it ends now. Hebe Tian is anything but pure.

“Sir, I’m sorry, but you’ve got to leave. You have long overstayed your visit.” He was being informed to leave for the 6th time, and this time a doctor came instead of a nurse.

Aaron gave the novelist a silent gaze before carefully rising himself, and stride inaudibly towards the door where the doctor remained, he didn’t want to awaken the woman.

“I need to stay here until she wakes up, or else she’ll go hysterical.”

“I’m sure we can calm her down.” Reassured the doctor.

“Someone needs to explain everything to her, and she won’t listen to just anyone.” The businessman tried to reason.

“I’m sure you can explain everything to your girlfriend in person tomorrow. The anesthetics won’t ware off until early tomorrow morning.”

At this point, Aaron was irritated, and he did the last thing that he could. He pulled out his phone and began dialing, then pushing the two of them completely out of the room. While the two men stood in the bright vacant hallway, Aaron spoke briefly on the phone before handing it to the pestering doctor.

“Speak to your Dean.” Indeed, Aaron finally used a card that only someone of his caliber could use.

Shocked, the doctor took the phone and spoke respectively to the hospital’s Dean. Aaron Yan got his phone back shortly, and the doctor had retreated, in additional to assuring that no one would bother him about his stay.

Aaron Yan then headed back inside the dim room, and continued to guard his sleeping beauty; a beauty that is not his for he had chosen the other beauty.

-
-
-
-

Calvin brushed off the waiter briefly as he scrutinized the heavily refined atmospheric restaurant, and he exhaled heavily when he finally spotted a head of familiar soft long curls that belongs to none other than Hazel. He quickly made his way to Hazel, and invited himself to sit across from the waiting woman. And he is definitely not that one she was waiting for seeing that there was an obvious glint of disappointment that past her face; he saw it despite her effort and speedy attempt to hide it.

“Hey, what are you doing here?” She smiled at him, her smiles were always the most beautiful that would brighten his day with just half a second of glimpse; but he could easily see through her that her smile is soulless and tired. He felt a painful pound on his heart.

“If I don’t come, you might starve yourself through a cold and lonely night waiting for your prince charming.” He teased.

The petite woman pouted, he had always , and she could never counter back with the same wits.

The pout was genuine, and significantly for him, because only he could initiate such an adorable expression from the woman. Calvin Chen laughed heartedly, “C’mon let’s get you some food. I wouldn’t know how to explain to your boyfriend if you starve into an ugly stick.”

Hazel reddens and picked up a fork, ready to stab it across the table at the bully, but chickened out in the end, as always. Calvin laughed more, before waving the waiter over to place their order.

“Why are you here?” as they wait for their orders to come, Hazel asked her previous question again.

Humor was drained from the man’s face for there was no way for him to escape her question, but it is the lie that he have to answer her question with that he dreads the most. “Aaron got an urgent call from Shanghai last minute. He had to make an urgent visit to Shanghai, and probably won’t be back until one or two days later. He had me to come tell you, since he doesn’t have time to call you.” Calvin felt his heart clenched with every words that escaped from his larynx. He hates lying to her.

“Oh.” Her lips parted childishly to form the shape of the sound she had made, and the smile that he loves came back again, “well, thank god he made you come over. Or else I would’ve cried a few more minutes after.” She was joking, and Calvin smiled.

He doesn’t know why he made up the lie when Aaron had only asked him to convey the message the he couldn’t make it; but he felt it’s the right thing to do, why, he doesn’t know.

-
-
-
-
Thoughts had stoned Selina in front of the monitor while everyone else were busily occupying himself or herself to pack up around the studio, not because the photo shoot was finished, but because Selina couldn’t find the mood in her hold up the camera. She had learned from Ella who called this morning that Hebe and Genie were both in the hospital; Genie and Hebe were sisters. Of course she was shocked to hear that the two were sisters, but that wasn’t what had distracted the photographer from her work. Worries for the sisters were what had occupied all her attention, and dilemma is what annoyed her. Her heart really hammered in worry for Genie’s condition since she had heard from Ella that the situation is not so ideal, and then there’s Hebe. At the thought of Hebe, Selina felt a heavy weight dropping on her; she’d pay millions to find out how the novelist is, and she’d do anything to go and visit the novelist herself, but at the same time she doesn’t have the courage to face the novelist. Furthermore, she is certain that she is the last guest the novelist would like to see.

Exasperated, the photographer exhaled heavily and used her two palms to cover her face. Why did things turned out to be like this? She knew just the answer, all because of her, Selina Ren’s selfish acts.

“What are you thinking?” a chilling breath of husky voice brushed on her ear causing the photographer to jerked away, it was Jiro Wang.

“Ji…Jiro,” being caught off guard the photographer stuttered, “What are you doing here?”

“I was surprised when I found out that you’re too, a photographer. So I decided to make a visit.” Jiro smiled, and Selina Ren would’ve swooned if she doesn’t know the true Jiro Wang.

The female photographer folded her arms together, and eyebrows scrunched, she is definitely not getting friendly. “You’ve made your visit, now goodbye.”

His smile remained unchanging, but only to shine brighter if that is even possible, “So tell me,” in a swift, his long arms had captured her slim waist, and pulled her close, “why photography?”

Selina pushed him off, and masqueraded her uneasiness, all within a flash. “I have no desire to discuss such a meaningless topic with you. For the last time, the exit is that way. Goodbye.”

She endeavored to walk away, but failed miserably when he pulled her back by the wrist.

“Never in my wildest dream did I think I’d become a photographer, but when my most significant other seemed so out of my reach I found myself unable to part from the camera; because it’s the last thing that I could feel connected to him.” Those were the very words she had spoken during an interview a few years back, and it is now being repeated again by the man that she had labeled most significant. Terrorized, the woman stood contemplating the man, craving for the man to stop immediately, but he continued, “I’m within your every reach now.”

If Jiro Wang had said those words to her sooner, years sooner, she would’ve pounced herself on him and ravish him like the world’s best candy, “No, Jiro, I don’t want to reach for you anymore.” But not anymore now. She felt the dehydration in as she pushed off his grasp from her wrist.

Jiro Wang reacquired grasp on the woman, and captured her lips passionately. It takes more than just a no for him to renounce.

“STOP IT!” Selina outburst after she pushed him off once more, and gained the unwanted attention of the studio in the process. Having sensed the awareness, she quickly pulled the man to a less apparent corner.

Selina let out a long exhale after she contemplated the man, “Okay, I think we should settle everything once and for all today.”

“I agree, and it could be easily done. Be with me.”

“No!” Selina exasperated, and surveyed the rest of the studio, before settling into a whisper, “I don’t want to be with you. We’ve been broken so many times that things are impossible between us now. So please let me go.” She looked pleadingly at the man, while her heart bleeds painfully saying those words. Everything that she wanted was to be with him, it was her every day dream; but her conscience wouldn’t allow her to enjoy the paradise, because she knew her paradise with Jiro would be something stolen from Hebe Tian, despite that the two had long divorced. Yes, she is angry with the novelist, but it was also after their dispute did Selina Ren finally realized that the love between her and Jiro has come to end no matter how much they still loved each other. They had shared a great love, and she’d never forget or let go of this love; however, she noticed that this love won’t be able to tied them together, not because it wasn’t strong enough, but because it is too strong for it was achieved through the misery of four people, and an unborn life. This great love is no longer pure, no, it was never pure for it was tainted from the very second that it was developed. Selina knew there would be no true happiness for everyone if she were to accept this tainted love, so she decided to give it up, despite the cries of her own bleeding heart.

“That’s not true! Yes, we were broken many times by obstacles in the past, but all obstacles were gone now. There’s nothing that can break us apart. Selina Ren I love you.” He hugged her close tightly, scared that the woman might disappear.

‘I love you.’ Selina remained immobile in Jiro’s embrace; she never expected the influence these three would have on her, knowing that he loves her is enough, she’s complete. “I know, and I want you to know that what we had shared was a great love, and I’d treasure it forever; but our love have caused others misery, and taken away a life. We were the main culprits for all of that; we don’t deserve to complete this love. It’s time to let go Jiro.”

Jiro gave Selina a long look as the woman broke free from his embrace calmly, “Is this about Hebe? You talked to her.”

“Yes, I did talk to her.”

“Why do you always have to let her get in the way of our relationship? We have already divorced, and she never loved me, she told me herself. Our all time obstacle was gone.” Hebe Tian was their one and only obstacle.

“Yes, I know. She told me everything,” Selina smiled weakly at the desperate man, she reached for his cheeks and cupped it with one hand, for the last time, “It’s not only about her this time, but all of us, everything.”

“No! It is about her! She’s always the reason why we break just when we were about to be together!”

Selina shake her head, “Believe in me, it has nothing to do with Hebe this time. It’s all my decision, and I want you to respect it. Please.”

“Selina, Don’t…” he grabbed her hand at his face, and held it tight. He could sense it, she’s about to leave him.

“Its time to let go, my love.” Her lips brushed his lightly before she walked away, and he didn’t stop her this time. Hurt, his hands clenched firmly into a fist as he watched the woman of his life disappear out of the studio.

-
-
-
-

The sunrise was still fresh as the city was graced by the golden of the horizon, and Hebe Tian squirmed weakly on her bed. The horizon ray is hitting too directly at her, making it hard to stay asleep. After her eye lids completed parted, the novelist remained immobile in her position while trying to register everything. Where’s Genie? Before more questions occurred in her, and put the novelist in frantic once more, she was distracted by the weight on the side of her bed.

A sleeping Aaron Yan.

What is he doing here? Right, he was the one who drove her to the hospital, how could she forget the disastrous stated she had shown in front of him. And then the swimming pool revisited her thoughts again. God, please open up a hole and swallow her whole. Despite all, she couldn’t break her gaze from the businessman’s sleeping form, when was the last time she had seen him sleep like this? A pang hammered on her heart, while she had lost her right to see him sleep like this for many years, another woman was blessed with the right in her absence. Just the thought of it aggravates the novelist.

Suddenly, she realized that he was wearing rather thin layers, did he stayed like this all night, and then a thought struck her. He had stay all night, guarding her all night. An indescribable warmth filled her heart as she tried to sit herself up, and to only succeed after many struggles. For unknown reasons, she felt extremely weak, but that’s none of her concern of the moment. While she tried to reach for the trench coat that was hanging on the sleeping businessman’s chair, her movements had awakened the man. Just what she didn’t want to do.

The novelist quickly withdrew her reaching arm, and attempted to sit naturally like a guilty child as the businessman slowly rise from his sleeping state.

“Hey you’re awake.” He spoke to her gently, and Hebe felt her own heartbeat doubling by the second like a stupid high school girl in love, since when did his morning voice sounds so ?

“Yeah,” it took all her willpower to not crumble into stutters, but she could feel her pulse throbbing in great speed, she’s not ready to be alone with Aaron Yan yet. It’s going to be a disaster!

“How are you feeling? They said you transferred quite a lot of blood, so you might feel fatigued.”

“Yeah, I definitely feel powerless,” against you, she whispered partially. Wait, blood transfer? “How’s Genie?” the novelist gripped on Aaron naturally, with worrisome written all over her pale face.

Aaron’s expression became solemn, he hesitated if the fragile woman in front of him would be able to take what he’s about to tell her, “The surgery ended with success by a very small margin,” he noticed the woman taking a heavy inhale, “her condition is currently stable, but we don’t know when she’ll wake up. It could be in a day, or years.” Genie is in comma, and Hebe Tian became rigid.

Aaron was quickly perturbed when he found the novelist holding her breath, “Hebe, Hebe! Breathe! breathe!” he shook her.

After some good seconds the novelist was grabbing onto the businessman while hyperventilating. And Aaron found himself exhaling in relief. Having established that the novelist’s circulating was normal again, he began to comfort the novelist, “Don’t worry. The doctor said even though she is in comma, her condition seemed to be on the good side rather than bad. Genie is a strong girl, she have a strong will to live, she is fighting a victorious battle right now. Just wait patiently for her wake in triumphant okay?” He locked eyes with the dubious novelist, calming her like a magician.

Hebe nodded weakly, “But I want to see her.” And that was when she noticed her two legs were , she regarded at Aaron for an answer.

“You’ve severely overworked your feet when you ran, it was contaminated. Seems like you have an excuse to stay hospitalized with your sister.” He endeavored to make a joke, and she laughed weakly.

“Never knew I could ran that hellish of a marathon.”

“I never knew you could run.” He teased, it reliefs him that she’s smiling again. He had worried all night on her reaction when she found out about Genie’s condition. One thing that Aaron is certain of is that Genie Zhuo means the world to Hebe Tian.

“It’s a talent that I don’t like to flaunt.” The novelist countered wittily.

Aaron threw his head back and laughed blaringly, there is no way he’d believe her little lie, “Sure whatever you say.” He then changed the topic smoothly into something more humorless, “I never knew you had a sister.”

Her smile faded slowly, “Yeah, I didn’t really tell anyone.” She didn’t tell anyone.

“Does she know?” He meant Genie.

Hebe shake her head, “I highly doubt it. Mom doesn’t want to have anything to do with dad, she only told me after dad died.”

Aaron remained in a pregnant silence before speaking, because he knew family has always been a sensitive subject for the novelist. Her parents had divorced under horrible terms when the novelist was only at the young age of 5. She had always blamed her mother for leaving, because of her mother’s cruel departure, the novelist never had the childhood that she should have. One would think that her father would pamper her greatly, but, instead he was too absorbed in his chemistry experiments to have any time for his young daughter. That was why the novelist was never good in science or math, she loathes it because it had stolen her father from her. This also emphasized the importance of Genie, once more since it seems like Hebe had accepted her sister. Knowing Hebe Tian’s personality, there will only be two outcome when she found out about having a sister. One, stay away like her sister is plague, because of her grudge towards her mother. Or two, accept the sister, because she is the only family left, and only source of ultimate love by blood. Something that the novelist had always lacked. It seems like the novelist had chosen the latter.

“How did you find her?” he finally asked.

The novelist chuckled cynically, “Ironically, she found me.”

“Found you?”

“Yeah, I guess it was mom and dad’s way of saying sorry from up in heaven,” Aaron then realized her parents have both past away, “they sent my troublesome sister to me when I’m at my most devastating state. Just right after I got off my marriage.” She couldn’t tell him about her baby or miscarriage.

Marriage, his teeth gritted slightly, and it was then Hebe realized she had mentioned the awkward spark; but there’s no turning back now, either stop and be awkward, or continue to speak and get awkward later.

“I knew it was her the moment she sat down in front of me despite the slight maturity on her face compared to the pictures that mom sent me. Apparently, she was struggling financially after mom’s death, so I took advantage of that, and hired her as my assistant. I really brought upon a heavy burden on myself.” She tried to joke a little, but it didn’t seem to work when Aaron only grinned dryly.

“I see.” They fell into an edgy silence.

“About the pool…” the two attempted to break the silence simultaneously, and coincidentally with the same words had initiated another silence.

“You go first.” The gentleman had lived up to the phrase “ladies first”.

“Umm…” the novelist feigned a cough to calm herself, not that it had much effect, “about pushing you into the water,” Hebe wanted to kick herself for phrasing it so unsophisticatedly, but that was the best she could come up with, some author she is, “I’m sorry. I didn’t what had gotten to me. I didn’t know you already have someone, I promise that won’t ever happen again.” For that she had also included her love confession out burst.

‘Already have someone,’ she reminded him of Hazel’s existence, it’s a good thing he tried to convince himself.

“Yeah I’m sorry too, ahem…” he meant his unruly hand that had slipped inside her shirt, “that was never meant to happened,” the novelist’s heart cracked a tad, “and I apologize for what I’ve said, it was really rude of me.”

“Yeah.” She didn’t know what else to say, and the two fell back into a thicker layer of uneasiness.

“You must be hungry, I’ll go get you some breakfast.” Aaron who couldn’t stand the suffocating tension finally excused himself abruptly.

“Okay…” the novelist mumbled as she watched businessman disappeared out the door in a flash. He didn’t even wait for her to say anything.

He only apologized for what had said, but he didn’t take back what he had said. So they’re not friends, and are definitely not lovers, then what are they?

-----------------------------------------------------
HAPPY APRIL FOOL!
I was just kidding about the Note in the opening of this chapter, I will continue to finish story, not some imaginary friend I made up haha. I just have to celebrate this wicked day. I bet none of you see this coming. Anyway, I do have to foretell you guys that updates might be slow for the next two weeks (since i made a habit of updating 1 or 2 times a week), because there would be a lot going on for me at school since it's state test season for us, and some of my teachers just so happens to decide on giving us an early final. how great i know -total sarcasm-
Though, things should definitely go back to its original pattern once the two weeks has past. I hope you all have a wonderful April Fools day, and scheme as many people as you guys can lmfao.
-Ebru