Chapter 15

I come for you

Chapter 15

Taeyeon

I’ve only been back to school for a few days and already I hate it. I’ve been stuck in the library 24/7. All I do is research various advances of Lunatic, and how we can expand further. It’s daunting and I am always so tired. But at least I have something to look forward to when I’m done studying; Sehun. The nights are the best because Sehun will stay with me in my room. He’s always a gentleman and we hold each other all night. Ever night he tells me how lucky he is to have me back. My heart races with his touch and words. There’s never a time with Sehun that I feel unsafe. He protects me and makes me feel like I’m his number one. I love everything about him. His smile, his eyes, his scent, and the way I feel in his arms.

I barely see GD, which is a great thing. One day while Sehun and I were walking I saw GD in the corner of my eye. The way his eyes fell on me, scared me half to death. I didn’t know what to say or if I should let Sehun know, but I never mentioned it. Sehun complained all the time how GD changed the plays and won’t let him know. I wanted Sehun to quit the basketball team, but I didn’t want him to give up playing. Sehun’s love for basketball started when he was a kid. I wasn’t going to be the reason why he gave it up.

Jessica talked me out of talking to GD and telling him to back off. GD was a predator. He never gave up and would take me coming to him as a weakness against Sehun. I didn’t want to give GD ammunition to hurt Sehun. We were going to get through this.

It’s Thursday night and Sehun has to run back home to help his dad with something. I take the opportunity to get back to studying the company, and do more research. There are not too many people in the library and it feels nice to have some quiet time.

“Taeyeon.” His dark voice makes my body clench with fear. My skin crawls and my body becomes tense. GD’s near me. I forget what to do and freeze. I hate how scared he makes me feel. His voice alone makes me feel small. I watch him as he comes to the table and sits down across from me. The anger in his eyes emerges and I can feel the tension in the air. I see his fists tighten and I start to get scared, 

“So you are the ing I knew you were.” 

I look around the library to see if anyone can hear us. 

“Taeyeon, you can’t leave me, I hope you know that.”

“Leave me alone, GD. We broke up. We’re done. I’m with Sehun now.”

He abruptly gets up from the chair knocking it down. 

“So you think it’s ing over, Taeyeon!”

I start to cry, “GD, stop and leave me alone please!” 

I don’t know why I can’t find the strength to stop crying and stand up to him. I hate this feeling. I don’t want to feel weak. He flips over the table and all of my papers scatter across the floor. The students around us start to get up and look over at us. I feel so embarrassed, but mostly scared, I am not sure what GD is capable of doing. 

“I am not losing you Taeyeon. Never! You better think about that before doing something you will regret!” 

He comes close to my face and I see the intensity in his eyes. I close my eyes and think about Sehun; my happy place. When I open my eyes again I see Jessica pushing GD out of my face and kicking him in the stomach.

“Leave her the alone, GD!”

He gets up from the floor and gets in Jessica’s face. 

“Stay the out of this Jessica.”

Jessica gets in his face and stares him down. 

“Listen you . She broke up with you, so move the on! You can’t hit her or treat her like anymore. If you don’t leave, I will call the cops.” 

Jessica whips out her phone and looks straight at him. I’m frozen in my chair and can’t move. GD throws his hands in the air and laughs. 

“Leaving... but you es haven’t seen the last of me.”

I get up and try to reorganize the table and my papers. I can’t help but cry. I notice the whispers and pointing start. I try to ignore it but can’t control my emotions. 

“Stop looking at me!” I scream. I get on my hands and knees and sob uncontrollably. I hate how much control he still has over me. I just want him to get the hell out of my life so I can be happy.

“Taeyeon, babe, it’s okay.” 

Jessica takes me in her arms and pats my back. I can’t help but shake. Why can’t he leave me alone? After a few minutes Jessica puts everything back to the way it was before GD attacked my papers and the table. She puts my papers in my backpack and pulls me close to her, 

“Come on lets go.”

All eyes are back on me and I can’t help but think how much I hate myself for allowing GD to make a scene. This is my entire fault and I can’t think otherwise.

We get outside into the dreary night. There are students everywhere and the sidewalks are packed. Students are scrambling to get to their next class so they will not be late. Luckily, for me I am finished with classes and just have to focus on the presentation I am going to have to give in a few weeks. 

“You hungry,” Jessica asks me.

Jessica’s arm is still around me as we walk aimlessly. 

“Not really.”

“Well you look like you’ve lost 10 lbs, so let’s get the unhealthiest thing known to man, what do you say?”

I shrug my shoulders and follow her as we head toward Feshco- a fried chicken and biscuit place that I used to go to when I had my “friend” visiting. Definitely comfort food but something that I can’t eat every day. We arrive at the tiny restaurant and seat ourselves in the booth. The tablecloth is a checkered pattern. There aren’t many tables and booths in the place since students mostly just take the food to go. The wallpaper is peeling from the wall but I think it gives the place more character. It just shows how long they’ve been opened and it doesn’t need a makeover for people to still be attracted to the place.

Jessica comes back to the table with our food and starts eating. All I can do is look at it and move the chicken around, 

“Tae?”

I look up, “Yeah?”

“You okay babe?”

“I don’t know Jess. Why can’t he leave me alone? I don’t want to tell Sehun.”

“Hey! You need to tell him. He is your boyfriend and he deserves to know. Don’t shut anyone out Taeyeon. I am serious!”

I sigh. Why did this have to happen? I’m happy and I am doing great. I can’t have GD constantly around trying to terrorize me. I want my life to be normal. I want to be able to go out with my boyfriend and my friends without the fear of GD being nearby.

Jessica and I finish up our dinner and head back to the apartment. When we get there, Kris’s sitting at the island with his laptop. 

“Hey girls, what is going on?” I feel myself falling apart again. 

“Oh my God, Tae, what’s wrong,”

Kris gets up and runs over to me. I fall into his arms and cry. When are the tears going to stop coming now? When will I be happy for more than a few weeks?

“GD confronted her at the library,” Jessica answers while my back. 

“He is going to do something stupid Kris, you need to tell Sehun.”

I grip Kris’s shoulders and vehemently shake my head. “No please no! I don’t want him to worry!”

Kris holds me tighter. “Baby girl, shhhhh. You need to get some sleep okay? Jess, can you take her to Sehun’s room?”

“Yeah, no problem, come on babe, let’s get you some sleep.”

My trembling body goes to Jessica and we head to Sehun’s room. She puts me to bed and looks at me, 

“I love you Taeyeon and I want you to be safe.”

“I know.” My voice is so weak and I feel tired.

Jessica hugs me and looks at me. “Get some sleep girl. I’ll be here when you wake up.”

I close my eyes and drift into a deep sleep. It seems like hours have went by when I get up. The room is dark and quiet. I look around and I don’t see any lights on. Maybe they went out to eat or something. I walk out of the room and feel eyes on me. I turn around but there’s no one there. The hallways dark and when I flick the light on nothing happens. Panic sets in as I clench my chest. Something doesn’t feel right. I run to the kitchen, but I don’t feel my feet moving. I look down and see the floor. I can’t move my feet. I try to scream but nothing comes out. The sweat drips from my face and my heart is beating uncontrollably. I feel dizzy and out of breath.

“Taeyeon.”

That dark voice consumes me. His shadow overtakes me and I fall to the floor. My head hits the floor and the sting runs through me. I see GD standing above me with blood on his hands. I try to scream again but nothing comes out. 

“I told you you’d never be able to leave me. Now you’re mine!”

“Sehun!” I wake up in a frantic state. 

Sehun comes bursting through the door and runs to me. He takes me in his arms and tells me everything is ok. 

“Sehun, he is in my dreams now!” 

I sob into his shoulder. “Why can’t he leave me alone? Why!”

“Baby it’s okay. Shhhh.” He holds me tight and I calm down a little. This isn’t going to be easy but as long as I have Sehun, I’ll be safe.