Chapter 10

I come for you

Chapter 10

Taeyeon

I’m not sure what I want to do after meeting with Dr. Boa so I go to my favorite place; the bench under the tree. It feels peaceful sitting here as I think about the last few days. I breathe in the afternoon air and feel all of my stress evaporate from my body. I take out my phone and call Tiffany:

“Hey baby sister!”

“Hi, am I bothering you?” I ask.

“Nope you’re good. What is up? Excited to come home soon?”

Yes! Christmas break. I was happy to be going home and spend time with my family,

 “Of course, but I need some advice.”

“Sure babe, what is up?”

I end up telling Tiffany almost everything that happened between GD and me. I tell her about the fights and his insults. I explain our last encounter and how Sehun came to the rescue. I leave out the parts where he has been hitting me and feeling guilty, but I don’t want to drag her into my mess. There is silence on Tiffany’s end, 

“You still there?”

“What did that little weasel do to you again? I’m going to kill him Tae. You better keep him away from me!"

“Tiffany it’s okay, I promise.” I try and make myself believe that everything is going to be alright. A part of me is scared and I’m trying hard not to think about what GD is capable of doing. 

“I have Sehun, Kris and Jess, please don’t worry.”

“Taeyeon I just want you to be safe and happy.” I know that she is worried about me but I need to let her know everything is ok.

I sigh, “I know Tiff, but everything will be ok, I promise. I have to get going, but we will talk later.”

“I love you Tae,” Tiffany sweetly says.

“I love you too.” We end the call and I just sit on the bench a little while longer. I look up to the sky and close my eyes. I think about my mom and what advice she would give me in this situation. I know she would want me to be with Sehun, but love takes time. All I can do now is hope it will work out in the end for us.

When I get back to my dorm, there are flowers all over. I can’t believe what I’m seeing. There are lilies and roses all over. I pull the envelope that’s taped on my door and open it. A note from GD:

Taeyeon,
I cannot tell you how sorry I am for what happened. Babe, I didn’t mean it and I will do anything and everything to make it up to you. Please forgive me and know that I would do anything just to see you smile. Please come back to me. I can’t live without you and I want you back. If you come back to me, I promise I will make you feel special every day. Give me another chance babe. I love you forever,

GD

I feel nothing when I read his note. It’s bull. GD isn’t sorry, nor does he care. I don’t believe anything he wrote and it doesn’t matter. He can’t buy my forgiveness and I know what he’s trying to do. I take out my keys and open my door. Before I could close the door, I feel someone’s hand on my shoulder. , GD. I turn around and he looks terrible. There are dark black circles under his eyes. His hair is oily and messy. He’s staring at me with his bloodshot eyes. I try and push him away but he fights me back.

“GD, GET OUT!” I yell.

GD lifts his head and looks at me.

“Taeyeon stop please. We need to talk.” I push him away. I need space. He looks at me with a wounded expression. 

“Taeyeon I am so sorry.” My body is shaking. My head is spinning. I feel sweat coming down. I have to be strong. I can do this. I keep thinking about how I’m not the victim and I am a survivor. He doesn’t stop walking towards me. I place my hand on his chest and push him again. This time he stumbles into the hall. The pathetic look in his eyes makes me sick. He grabs my hand and starts to cry. 

“Please forgive me. You know I love you. This isn’t me. I’m just under a lot of stress and had too much to drink the other night. Please tell me you’re still my girl?” He reaches his hand out to me.

“Are you serious GD? You make me sick! We’re done so please leave me alone!” I look him in the eyes and I want him to know I’m serious. I will not back down from him.

I can see the anger spreading across his face but I don’t care. He needs to know that I’m done and there’s nothing he can say or do to get me back. All of a sudden, he comes towards me. He pushes me against the wall and I don’t know what to do. I start screaming for help. 

“No one can save you now Taeyeon.”

Suddenly Sehun grabs GD's shoulders and pushes him down to the floor. “Kwon Jiyong, I told you to leave her the alone.” Sehun says as he gets on top of GD and starts punching him.

Immediately I run over and try to pull Sehun off him. “Sehun stop! It’s not worth it! Please let it go!” I’m crying and wish that this would all stop.

Sehun stops punching GD and gets off of him. He pulls me into his arms and looks back down at GD.

“This is the last time we do this Jiyong understand?” He pulls me closer and I start to feel calmer. GD gets up and wipes the blood from his mouth. He looks at both of us and leaves without saying anything. Sehun looks at me and I fall into his arms and cry. 

“I’m so sorry Sehun.” I sob.

He my back and kisses me on my head. “Pretty girl you have nothing to be sorry about. I told you that I’ll be here for you. No one will hurt you.” His voice is what I need. I feel better. I feel safe with him. The warmth of his touch calms me down.

“Thanks for being there whenever I need you.” I bring his face down to mine and kiss him on his cheek. I see his smile and I start blushing.

He holds me out in front of him, “How about we grab some dinner?”

I wipe the tears from my eyes. Dinner does sound good. I want to be away from my room. I need to feel like me again. “Sure, dinner sounds good.”

Sehun puts his arm around me as we take the elevator down and head out.

We end up at Seafood Reastaurant and He’s sitting in front of me and I can’t help but look into his beautiful eyes. I want him to know how happy he makes me but I don’t want to scare him away. I want him to know how thankful I am that he’s always there when I need him. He’s always saving me.

The restaurant is extremely busy and but we were both craving seafood. We order a pitcher of beer and calamari. It feels good being here with Sehun-just us. 

“Do you remember the time when we were fourteen and we had the freshmen dance?” Sehun says throwing his head back laughing.
I start laughing out loud and know exactly what he is talking about. Sulli had the biggest crush on him and stalked him all night during the dance. Being the most amazing friend, I took it upon myself and walked up to Sulli to break the news to her. 

“Oh... my... God! Please don’t remind me!”

He points at me, “You made her cry, Tae! I just told you to tell her to leave me alone, but you went all crazy on her.”

I cover my face with my hands and shake my head. “I know! I felt so bad. How was I supposed to know that calling her crazy would make her cry?”

We both laugh while walking down memory lane. I’m surprised by everything he remembers and it makes me smile that he still carries those memories of us. We both decide on sharing the captain’s gold platter which has an array of shrimp, clams, scallops, lobster and crabs. When the food comes out we start eating. I pick up some shrimp with my fork and feed it to Sehun. He grabs the food off of my fork and makes the most ridiculous expression as he eats.

“You’re so gross!” I throw a fry at him and he catches it with his mouth.

“Talent right there, Tae.” That y wink he gives me makes me melt.

“You’re so immature,” I laugh.

Sehun takes my head and looks at me, “I’m glad we’re having dinner together.”

I turn my head away not wanting him to see me blush, “Me too.”

We finish up the rest of our dinner and decline on dessert since we are both full. When the check comes, Sehun quickly snatches it and gives his credit card to the waitress. I sit there with my arms crossed and stare at him. 

“What?” He raises his eyebrow at me.

“You didn’t have to pay Sehun!” 

I’m a little annoyed because I didn’t want him feeling like he had to take care of me. Sehun rolls his eyes at me. “Stop being a girl. I wanted to pay and I don’t mind.”

I roll my eyes back at him. “Well, you didn’t have to do that, but thank you.”

After Sehun signs the credit card slip, he takes my hand and we walk out of the restaurant. His fingers wrap with mine as we walk back to campus. I love being with him. Things, so far, are coming along so well and I can tell Sehun’s happy. My feelings for him grow with every second and I want more than just friendship from him. But I don’t want to rush anything. I want him to know how I feel and that I do love him. I can’t tell how our story will play out. All I hope is it’ll give us a happily ever after. I don’t know what I’d do if I lost him again. I see his body tense and the sag of his shoulders. 

“What is wrong?”

He turns his head, “Nothing pretty girl. Why do you ask?”

“I don’t know. You just seem so distant from me. What is playing in your mind?”

He stops walking and I turn to look at him. His dark hair falls to one side of his face. He is so beautiful and I want to wrap my arms around him. I have the instant need to kiss him and feel his lips on mine. Those soft lips stare back at me. I inch closer to him and press my hand on his chest. I hear his breathing get deeper as I slowly look up in his eyes. I can see desire in his eyes as I lift up my hand to his cheek. He doesn’t stop me. I feel his hand on my lower back and his other hand on my cheek. We look at each other and unhurriedly our lips meet in a gentle kiss. He tastes like heaven and I don’t want him to stop kissing me. I part my lips and let his tongue explore my mouth. We play a little dance and the kiss becomes urgent and full of want. For a moment I forget where I am and get lost in his kiss. This feels amazing and I don’t want him to stop. I slowly pull away from him as I hear his breathing. 

“Wow.”

He smiles and kisses me on the forehead. “Pretty girl, would it freak you out if I told you I’ve been waiting for that kiss my whole life?”

I gasp at his honesty. “No,” I start to say, “Because I’ve been waiting for that kiss my whole life too.” I pull him back down to my lips as we kiss again.