Chapter 14

I come for you

Chapter 14

Taeyeon

 

It's Christmas morning. I wake up in a jolt and I’m so excited. Christmas has always been a happy holiday for us. Even though my mom isn’t here with us physically, I can feel her around me. I walk over to my desk and pick up Sehun’s gift. I slowly slide my finger across the envelope and unfold the letter:

Merry Christmas Pretty Girl!

I bet you couldn’t wait to open up my gift and letter but thank you for waiting. If you’re reading this then that means you came back to me. You’ve made this the best Christmas yet. I know you’re probably wondering how I know we’re together but you underestimate me. I believe in us. When I first saw you, I knew we’d be back together soon. And if we aren’t well this is pretty embarrassing. I know our lives have changed and it has been years since we last talked. What I want you to know is that I love you soo much pretty girl; I always have. You mean more to me than life itself. I regret leaving you that night and never coming back to you. I hope that you are able to forgive me and realize how I will do whatever I can to keep you in my life. You are an amazing woman and I’m proud of you. I hope that one day you will love me just as much as I love you. I hope you like your gift because it symbolizes my love for you. A piece of me will be with you forever.

I love you eternity pretty girl.

Yours forever,

Sehun

I clench the letter in my hands and hold it to my heart. I can’t believe he just poured his heart and soul into this letter to me. It’s funny how he knew we’d be back together. I am glad that his predictions were right. I put the letter down and then pick up the box. I go back to my bed and sit cross-legged examining the box. I gently peel back the tape and wrapping paper. The box is black and light. I open the box and see the most stunning Bulgari diamond heart silver pendant. I put my hand over my mouth and I am amazed. I put on the necklace and look at myself in the mirror and smile. The necklace is beautiful and I feel so lucky to have a great love like Sehun. I grab my phone and text him:

Me: Merry Christmas boyfriend. I love you and my present.

Sehun: Merry Christmas pretty girl. I love you too and I’m glad you like your gift. Can’t wait to see you and kiss your beautiful lips. I had a dream about you last night.

Me: Oh yeah? What about?

Sehun: Maybe one night I can show you.

I start laughing and think about what he could be talking about. I feel my body getting tight and there is warmth spreading through me. I touch my lips as I think about Sehun and how his lips feel on mine. For a moment I forget where I am and get lost in thoughts of Sehun’s lips all over me. I want to feel his hands on me and the weight of his body on mine. I want our first time to be special. I want to make love with him and for him to be my first and last.

Me: Maybe <3

I put my phone away and remember I have to help Tiffany prepare and make breakfast. I open my bedroom door and walk down to the kitchen. It’s a Christmas tradition in my family where Tiffany and I make breakfast. We always go overboard and make too much. This year we decide to make strawberry and apple pancakes topped with whipped cream, sausage, bacon, cinnamon buns and eggs. It feels great to be at home with my family, 

“How’d you sleep last night?”

“Really well, actually,” I’m whipping the eggs in a bowl, “You?”

“I was up all night wrapping the rest of the presents and watching movie.” 

Tiffany always has problems sleeping so she keeps herself busy with errands and chores to do around the house, 

“But I’m glad that the Oh family’s are coming over today.”

“Oh you mean my boyfriend is coming over?”

Tiffany nearly drops a bowl on the floor. “What?”

“Yep, Sehun and I are official!”

We start jumping and squealing. It’s exciting to tell her the news. Just saying that he is my boyfriend makes me feel like I’m on cloud nine. Sehun’s finally mine and I don’t want to do anything to mess it up. He brightens up my life and keeps me smiling.  

“Oh my God, finally,” Tiffany shouts!

“I know. Best Christmas eve Tiff!”

We get everything ready to serve, “Wow, girls this smells great,” dad says while shoving a cinnamon bun in his mouth.

“Daddy, stop! We can’t eat until the Oh's get here.” I motion for him to sit down, 

“They’ll be here any minute.” 

The doorbell rings and I start running to the door. When I open the door, Sehun and Kris both come barreling in the door, they take me in their arms, 

“Merry Christmas Taebaby!”

“Oh my God, put me down now.” I really do not want them to put me down but I am embarrassed they are acting like this. As they put me down, Sehun looks down at the necklace and I feel my heart dancing, 

“Thank you for my gift.”

“It looks good on you.” His mood is quite cheerful as they make their way into the kitchen.

“Mr. and Mrs. Oh, Merry Christmas!” I go over and give them both a hug.

“Merry Christmas to you as well, I am so glad the three of you are friends again. Sehun cannot stop talking about you since he has been back from school, you know. And thank you for telling me the news, my darling.” I can hear the sarcasm in her voice.

“I’m sorry! Everything happened so fast.”

She brings me in for a hug. “Well It’s about time!”

“Merry Christmas, Taeyeon, where’s your father?” Mr. Oh asks. I point over to the kitchen. He comes toward me and picks me up in his arms. I feel weird giving him a hug but that feeling disappears. He has been like a second dad to me and I’ve known him all my life. 

“Thank you Taeyeon for making both of my boys happy.” He whispers in my ear. 

When he puts me down, he smiles, “Taeyeon you can call me Papa Oh! No more Mr. Oh!” He waves his finger in my face and laughs. 

“Ah, before I go where do you want us to put these gifts?”

I can’t help but laugh, “Alright, sounds like a plan!” 

I look behind him and see dozens of boxes. The Oh fams are very generous and wealthy people and have been our rock since the beginning. Ever since my mom passed away, they would come over to visit my dad and keep him company. It made me feel better about my decision to leave home. 

“Here let me help you.”

Mr. Oh shakes his head, “Nonsense! Boys come out here and bring in the gifts.”

A few moments later we’re all in the kitchen, sitting down and eating.

“Taeyeon, look at you! You are absolutely beautiful my dear.” Mrs. Oh always compliments me and it makes me feel so embarrassed.

“And it only took nearly twenty one years for you and my stubborn son to make yourselves official.” She continues to eat her cinnamon bun as if saying that meant nothing.

“Thank you Mrs. Oh.” I start fidgeting in my seat and my face goes bright red again.

“Taeyeon, I think you should call me Mummy dear.”

“Um, okay. Thanks Mummy.” I smile at her and just shake my head. I peer over at Sehun and see him looking at me. There is that smile again, the smile that lets me know how happy he is. I bring my hand down from the table and bring it to his. Our fingers twist together and an instant rush comes through me.

Kris shoves a cinnamon bun in his mouth and looks at us. “Well Tae, now that you and Sehun are finally together, when’s the wedding?”

Tiffany high fives Kris and the kitchen explodes with laughter. 

“One hundred percent Kris. One. Hundred. Percent!” 

I feel humiliated that they’re already making jokes about us. I am not mad or anything, but I don’t want Sehun to think that this is what I want. I mean of course maybe one day we can get married, but now I’m just getting used to having him as my boyfriend.

“Alright, who wants to open presents?” I get up from the table and head over to the living room. Everyone follows me to the living room for present time as well. My dad takes charge and starts to pass out everyone’s gifts. Since we’re all older we start to open up our gifts. Mr. and Mrs Oh give dad, Tiffany, and I, a one-week vacation to Hawaii. That was their usual gift for us but after Sehun and I stopped being friends, we stopped celebrating Christmas together. We haven’t been to Hawaii in about six years. It’ll be a good vacation to get away before graduation.

We give our present to Mr. and Mrs Oh. My dad knew about the Hawaii trip since Mrs. Oh asked if it would be okay that we all go this year. Since everything is okay with all of us, they both decided it was time to go back down to Hawaii, together. My dad bought them an all day spa package which includes massages, a mud bath, facials, golf, a manicure and pedicure. 

We give Sehun and Kris floor seat tickets to the final game for the NFL match. It’s a win-win situation and everyone is happy, 

“You know this never gets old. I love Christmas,” Kris says. He gets up and hands me a gift, 

“Here you go, Tae. Open it.”

I can’t help but smile. I wonder what he bought me, so I quickly start opening the gift and see a beautiful purple Gucci’s purse, 

“Kris, thank you.” I get up and give him a hug, “I love it, thank you!”

When he lets me go, I look at both Sehun and Kris, “I have something for the both of you as well.” 

I go over behind the couch and grab two boxes, “Here, these are for you.”

The guys went at the boxes and tore them apart. They open the boxes and are speechless. I bought them both a signed David Beckham jersey that cost me a little too much but I know it’s worth it. The guys get up and tackle me to the ground, giving me kisses all over, 

“Oh my God! Get off me!” I wiggle underneath them and laugh. Being with them feels like a dream. Everything is perfect.

“Look at them, doesn’t it feel good to have them all back,” I hear Mrs. Oh say to my dad.

“It’s great to have Taeyeon back.”

The rest of the day goes by fast. Mr. and Mrs. Oh head out while Sehun and Kris stay behind. We watch Christmas movies with my dad and Tiffany and I realize how happy I am. I lean my head on Sehun’s broad shoulder and let out a quiet sigh. His hand rests gently on my knee and my whole body clenches as I start thinking about him on top of me kissing me all over and moving his hands all over my body. Oh my God, I need to stop thinking like this.

“Tae, you never answered my question,” Kris starts to say, 

“I mean I’ve always wanted a sister.” I throw a pillow at him. 

“Shut up!” I think about what it’d be like to be Mrs. Oh Taeyeon, but immediately dismiss the idea out of my head. It has only been a day! I can’t think that way.

Sehun takes my hand as he gets up, 

“Come outside with me.”

I immediately get up and start following him outside. When we walk out the door to the porch, I notice that it’s lightly snowing. I watch the snowflakes fall from the sky. I run out on the grass and start spinning as I tilt my head back and stick my tongue out.

“Tae, what are you doing?”

I start laughing. “I’m alive, Sehun! Come on, spin with me.” I spin faster and faster. 

Sehun grabs me by the waist and lifts me up. We spin together as we laugh hysterically. Finally we fall on the grass and look at one another,

“Hi beautiful.”

“Hi.”

“Thanks for staying with me today and for everything you’ve been doing. I know I don’t say this enough but thank you for coming back to me. I really missed you.”

He leans in closer and kisses my forehead, “You too Tae.”