Tenth Unexpected Incident

Unexpectedly

Your POV:

            Vibration strummed your ears. Ugh, school. You wanted to snuggle in your bed for a couple more minutes. What a weird dream. You flung your arm over to where a pillow was supposed to be. WACK~ your sleepy eyes lit up and you stared at Yongguk who clutched his arm from your slap. “Ow,” he groaned softly. His eyes still closed, he wrapped an arm around you locking you in. So last night was real? You felt your face reddened and your body stiffened.

            “Hey, get up we have to go to school,” you whispered into his ears after summoning up enough courage. He stared at you for some moments before revealing an innocent boy smile. “What?” you asked shyly after you sat up.

            “You’re beautiful in the morning,”

            “You’re being corny,” you said, not looking at him.

            “I wasn’t talking about you; I was talking about your hair,” he said with a teasing chuckle. You got up and saw your horrendous reflection.

            “This is why I don’t shower right before bed,” your face contoured in disgust. Let’s just say it resembled a lion’s hair, except it was wavy instead of straight. 

            “Ahjussi, you can stop here,” Yongguk said.

            “Why? We still have two more blocks,” you asked out of curiosity. Was it because he doesn’t want people to know he’s rich?

            “We have to meet up with the boys,”

            You nodded in response. Pretty soon the two of you gathered around in front of the school along with Himchan, Daehyun and Zelo. “Where are Youngjae and Jongup?”

            “Yongjae’s helping Jongup out of bed since he’s sick,” replied Daehyun.

That’s right. He was soaked all night. You really wanted to go check on him but Youngjae’s already there. The five of you stood there waiting for the bell to ring. Dongwoo walked up to you, kind of pulling you away from the group asked,” did something happened? You’re hanging out with them again,”

            You smiled,” yeah, we hung out yesterday and now we’re like family,”

            “Wow,”

            “What?”

            “It’s your smile. I haven’t seen it in a while,” he smiled shyly, “it’s good that you’re happy,”

            “Ha, I know right? I’ll see you later,” you walked back to the group. Daehyun was on the phone.

            “Alright, I’ll tell the teacher,” he ended the call. “Jongup is too weak to be out of bed,” he told the group. “No one’s home and Youngjae can’t miss school (he’s too good of a student) so there’s no one looking after Jongup right now,” Daehyun sighed.

            “Don’t worry. We’ll visit him right after school,” Yongguk assured them.

The bell rung. Time passed, classes came and went. Lunch began. You disappeared; no one knew where you were. “Have you seen Hyemi?” Yongguk asked Dongwoo who shrugged and said he was going to ask the same thing. Both guys went their different ways, curious to what had happened to you.

            Where are you?

     I need to go check on something really fast. Don’t worry about me and just eat~ 

            After that text you jumped the school’s back gate and started to run. 30 minutes. I can make it right? It’ll be a quick check then back. You tilted your head back to stare at the skyscraping condo. Don’t tell me, he’s rich also? You glanced at the slip of paper in your hand, 4th floor room 1004. After a quick trip up the elevator you stood in front of a white door. Within minutes after pressing on the doorbell, Jongup greeted you with a pale face. You could tell he was holding onto the door for support. “I didn’t know it was this bad,” you said. Before he could even say a word, you supported him and the two of you waddled to his couch. His living room had a long, black couch and a flat screen T.V. The automatic blinds blocked out all signs of sunlight, which made the room feel dark and gloomy. You laid him down before heading towards the kitchen which was a couple of feet away. “Have you eaten?” you asked aloud as you swung open the refrigerator. There was a small carton of eggs, carrots, energy drinks, and water. You checked the almost empty freezer then the pantry. Ramen packages piled high with every kind of flavors.

            “I’ll have ramen later. What are you doing here,” you heard his faint voice coming closer.

            “Do you want to have Hyemi’s Ramen Specialty?” you asked when he entered the kitchen. He approved by showing a vague smile. You placed the noodle in a big bowl, sprinkled the base powder, cracked an egg, throw in sliced carrots and microwaved it for 3 minutes. The look on his face when you brought out the noodles was priceless.

            “Haha, it looks bad but trust me, it’s really good,” although you know in all depth of truth, you’re the worst cooker out there.

            “Thanks,” he tried his best to smile. The two of you eat from the bowl and you didn’t know if he was being polite and ate a lot or the ramen was actually good. “I’ll clean this up. Go before you’re late,” You snatched the bowl and chopsticks from him and told him to take his medicine. He pouted for a while before obeying. A sick person wants to wash the dishes, who does that?

            You glanced at the clock, 12:16, you had 10 minutes left. Wanting to say goodbye, you slipped into his room where he laid dead asleep. Ha, that medicine must’ve knocked him out. You quietly closed the door and rushed out the door. You accidently ran into an old lady just outside his door but you had no time to waste so all you did was bow and said, “I’m so sorry,” before running back to school.