Forth Unexpected Incident

Unexpectedly

Your POV:

                “Yongguk hyung!” Zelo’s voice silenced the fan girls. Everyone now turned to watch the stoic faced Yongguk making his way towards them.

                “Hyemi,” Dongwoo’s voice sliced your train of thoughts. You turned to him with a questioning look. “Are you busy tonight?” You nodded your head. Lies, all lies! Hyemi, why won’t you give this boy a chance? “Oh,” he looked at his tray in disappointment, “I gotta go, see you around,” You said okay with a slight smile to make up for your lie. He smiled back and left.

                Gym started with the coach’s long speech about how your class is going to train for the upcoming Beginning of School Festival. The memories rushed in and made you felt sick in the stomach.

                “First we work on soccer,” the coach said, “Luhan and Kyungri, you two will be team leaders. I want two teams right now, go go go,” he blew his whistle.

                “You can pick first,” Luhan told Kyungri. She smiled and picked Junho. Luhan then picked you. Then Kyungri chose Jieun. You faced the crowd of people waiting to be picked and Yongguk was one of them. The light green uniform still look great on him. “Yongguk,” Luhan smiled brightly as the leader imaged Yongguk joined the team. When the picking finished the teams huddled in a circle to discussed plays. You all finished it off with a team chant.

Yongguk’s POV:

                Hyemi’s hair was down; it got in her face a lot because the wind blew strongly today so I sneaked a chuckle here and there when she’s not looking. I was put on defense with her so we didn’t do much since Luhan and the others had the forward position under control. Halfway through the game the other team pull a big reversal and scored two points. Luhan switched up the position, taking the forwards to defense and vice versa. This time she had her hair tied up, tossed her jacket on the bench, and tighten her shoe laces. I felt the burning sun against my back so I also tossed my jacket. The game resumed.

Your POV:

                It’s been so long since you ran this fast and you loved it. The wind splashed your face and that made you grin. Things got serious when you and Yongguk went head to head with Junho and Kyungri. The guys juked one another but you end up with the ball in your possession. With the ball controlled under your feet you dashed for the goal. The ball bounced off the goalie’s chest after you failed to goal. It flew in the air to what seems like forever but gravity did its work and pulled it down. You rushed for the ball and head butted it. The ball smashed into the net. “Score!” the coach yelled from the side line. WOOHOO! You turned around to celebrate with the first person you saw…Bang Yongguk. He smiled brightly but avoided your eye contact. Your team yelled “Nice job!” from afar and they received a bright smile from you.

               The hour came to an end. Everyone laid on the grass, panting from the long run, and sweating from the August sun. You got up and went to the outdoor vending machine. Cluck, the cold orange soda settled to the bottom. The metal tab hissed as you it dung into the outlined circle of the soda can. You gulped the frizzy liquid down and coughed up some for drinking too fast. He looked great with just a white tee on. His arms have gotten bigger also, just the right size too.  YA! Hyemi, keep yourself under control, you sighed.

                “Meet me at the park tonight. I have something to tell you,”

You turned around, recognizing the voice instantly. “Why,” you added a little sass.

“You need to listen to this one…or you’ll regret it later,” his eyes soften then walked off.

The clock beeped as a new hour begins, 9:00 pm. You constantly glance at the clock then finally said, “Mom I’m going to buy more flashcards. I’ll be back,” you left the house before she could ask any questions. You shoved your hands into the thin pockets as the cool night wind blew.

“Hyemi-ah!” A familiar voice yelled from behind. It was mom.

“Mom what are you doing? I’ll be back soon,” you said worryingly.

“My phone is dead so I couldn’t call you to tell you to buy me some tissue boxes. You know how often I sneeze on plane rides.”

“Are we going somewhere?” you asked eagerly.