Sixth Unexpected Incident

Unexpectedly

Your POV:

            You flicked on the lights revealing a faint peach colored room. The room had a feminine vibe, a tone of pink but still calming. You flopped yourself onto the fluffy bed and doze off. You woke up to the aroma of bacon. Lazily you dragged yourself downstairs and into the kitchen while pulling your hair up.

            “Oh you’re awake? Have a seat. I made eggs and bacon,” she placed a plate of bacon in the center of the table before she looked up at you and smiled.

            “This looks delicious,” you said as you pulled back a chair. You felt comfortable with her around, just her.

Yongguk’s POV:

            “I should wait for Mr. Bang and Yongguk,” Hyemi stopped herself from devouring. This girl, still polite like always. I entered the kitchen, heading to the fridge. Man, we’re out of everything. I went back to the table empty handed. I sat across from her because I was in a teasing mood that morning. She was munching on a bacon strip when I sat down. I think she was surprised because she suddenly choked on it. I handed her my glass of water which she took immediately and gulped it down.

            “Good morning,” I said with a teasing smile. Dammit, my sleepy voice still hasn’t gone way. She stared at me with her innocent eyes but it suddenly turned apologetic. Does she remember now? That she ditched me that night? I reached for my glass of water and took a gulp from it.

            My assumption was right when she said,” about Saturday night—,”

            “Don’t worry about it; I didn’t wait long. A friend of mine saw me and we went for a drink,” I stared at my scrambled eggs.

            “Oh…sorry,” I had to strain my ears to hear the last word. This is so like her, saying sorry to everything, even a lie. Well, that technically wasn’t a lie because I DID see a friend that night.

Your POV:

            His black hair looked so soft, then there’s his long nose and those lips. His long neck guided your eyes down to his broad shoulders. If someone was reading your mind they would think you’re ually frustrated.

            “Can the two of you go grocery shopping?” Mrs. Bang interrupted your thoughts.

Yongguk looked up at you then said in his naturally deep voice,” sure,” before he went back to eating.

            “Oh wait. It’s Sunday, that means you have tutoring for Jieun don’t you?”

            Jieun? Tutor? Yongguk is smart? All of these thoughts poured into your head. You looked at Yongguk to see him already looking at you. You couldn’t read him, all his eyes showed was a blank canvas.

            “Yeah, around 5 pm. She invited us to come over for dinner,” he broke eye contact with you.

            A clap came from Mrs. Bang as her eyes lit up, “That’s great! Your dad would be so happy to hear how close you two has gotten,”

            What is this? This…disappointment. I didn’t expect him to move on so fast. It’s not like he’s going to wait for me forever. People move on Hyemi, you should too, you thought to yourself. You lost your appetite but quickly cleaned your plate and placed it in the sink. You asked for the list of groceries and told Mrs. Bang it was okay for you to go by yourself since Yongguk was still eating. The lady hesitated but gave in after you revealed your classic puppy face.

            “Alright but Yongguk is going there immediately after he finish his meal,” the woman shook her head at her son, “what a slow eater,”

            The chauffer dropped you off at the closest market after he told you to give him a call when you’re done. The spacious market was filled with fresh fruits and vegetable in abundance. You went towards the back for milk and orange juice when you ran into Jieun. She was in her running outfit; black short, black tank top and a thin pink jacket zipped halfway. I barely talk to her in class so it’s okay to ignore her right? Whatever, I’ll grab my milk and OJ and get out of her sight, you thought as you stepped forward. You pulled on the glass door and picked up the cold plastic bottle of milk.

            “Hyemi, right?”

            “Jieun?” you said after putting a hard smile on your face.

            “I didn’t know you live around here?”

            “Haha yeeaahh, I do now,” The condensation from the bottle dampened your hand.

            She pulled opened the door and grabbed a to-go yogurt shake,” you know Yongguk lives around here also. I know you hate him so I’m just giving you a heads up,” she raised one hand and waved a goodbye then walked towards the checkout aisles. Pfft, I live with him. You felt something heavy against your chest. She’s nice, pretty, athletic and rich. Your comparison between you and her rolled endlessly in your mind. What the hell, why am I putting myself down because of this girl? You checked for the next item on the list, dry noodles. Why do they always place noodles at the very top? The struggle for short Asian girls! You stretched your torso and extended your arms the farthest you can go but you were short by few inches. You suddenly felt a presence from behind and heard a grunt as the person reached for the bag of noodles. His body hovers over yours and he was barely leaning against your back.  About time he finished his breakfast. You turned around; ready to scowl at Yongguk but the face you saw was not his. It was Dongwoo.