Are we "Normal" now?

Unexpectedly

Part 2


Yongguk’s POV:

            The glowing screen on my phone read, Incoming Call: Song Jieun, I swung the damped towel over my shoulders then picked up the phone.

            “Hello?”

            “Hey. Your dad called my dad and suggested we should go to the new amusement park that just opened,” the voice behind the phone sounded timid.

             If this would get the old man off my back for a couple of weeks—“I’ll pick you up,”

            “Alright,” I could hear a spark of excitement in her voice. Jieun is a nice girl. I feel sorry that she had to be mixed up in this arranged mess with me.

            Ten minutes later I arrived in front of her house where she stood waiting for me. She wore a light pink dress revealing her long white legs. Her hair was in soft curls and a pink bow was placed for accent. It took 30 minutes from her house to the amusement park but it was not boring at all during the ride. She would start conversations with me and I didn’t mind. We had a lot in common and I felt comfortable around her. I let her hold onto my rested arm while she tried to get me to sing along to the radio. You could say I liked her personality.

            We arrived at the park and the first place she wanted to go was the ring and bottle game. She hooked arms with me and dragged me excitedly. The big stuffed animals came into view but that was not the only thing that caught my eyes. Himchan, Daehyun, Yongjae, and Zelo faced us but they were looking at the two people in front of them, Jongup and Hyemi? His arm is around her… Jieun must’ve spotted them also because she came to a halt and questioned,” Hyemi?”

Your POV:

            You and Jongup turned around. Your eyes traveled from Jieun’s dress to her arms which hugged Yongguk’s arm tightly. Then your gaze stopped upon his eyes. It screamed surprised. Why is he so shocked to see me? “Hey Jieun,” you relaxed in Jongup’s arm and smiled,” I see you’re going on a date,” you smiled widely almost like you’re teasing her. She must’ve felt the friendly atmosphere from you because she then responded to your teasing.

            “I see you’re in the middle of one also,” her eyes glanced at Jongup’s. Immediately his arm peeled from your waist and he gave Yongguk an almost shame-like look. Jongup you can’t just leave me hanging like this, you quickly glanced at him. “Well, I’ll see you guys around. Have fun,” Jieun dragged Yongguk passed the two of you and the group of boys.

            You sighed before taking the pink pig from Jongup,” let’s go hide this somewhere and we’ll come back to get it before we leave. I feel bad if you carry thing around the whole night,” you moved towards the bushes. The pack followed you.

            “That’s a good spot. Right there,” Himchan pointed to an empty spot among the bushes. You commanded them to remember the spot then off you guys went.

            You’re extremely fear heights and roller coasters are your enemy. The pack found that out when they headed towards the Boomerang. Your pace slowed and soon it was glued to the ground. They looked back when they realized you weren’t walking with the group anymore.

            “Come on noona, it’ll be fun,” Zelo jogged to you and took you by the arm.

            “Awe does little Hyemi need a pep talk?” Himchan joked

            “You can hold onto me if you want,” Yongjae winked

            Your heart raced, stomached flopped, fear adrenaline burst through your blood but you were helpless. The guys had you locked between them and literally dragged you in line. After three minutes of waiting you and the group assembled into the carts. There were eight pink carts attached to each other like a snake, each has four seats; two in front and two back. Himchan and Zelo seated in the last cart in the last two seats, and then Daehyun and Yongjae filled the front two seats in that cart. You and Jongup took the cart in front of them, the back seats and a couple occupied the two seats in front. Everyone was locked in with a cushioned black metal contouring the chest and arm. You took your glasses off handing them to Jongup for he has bigger pockets. You tried to calm yourself by doing the breathing exercise but it stopped working when the roaster inched back. You could feel your entire body being dragged backwards, slowly, painfully and you knew you were getting on higher altitude even when your eyes were closed. You felt a warm hand on yours but you don’t dare to peek. The slow, tick tick tick, coming from the roller coaster halt with a lock and you were in the air for what felt like forever. With no warning the lock lets go of the cart and you began to dive. Everyone let out a scream, all in different pitch. You gripped whoever’s hand so hard you felt your knuckles would pop out. You screamed like there was no tomorrow when the roller coaster made a sharp left turn and you felt your body glued to the seat as gravity pulled you down. The roller coaster ran up the trail, locked and unlocked itself and the same thing happened all over again but backwards this time. You squeezed your eyes so hard you felt tears dampening your lashes. The ride was over in seconds.

            “Thank you for riding the Boomerang, have a nice night everyone,” the guy in charged announced.

            The metal bar lifted itself up, you opened your eyes, and with blurry vision you grabbed Jongup’s arms immediately. He helped you stepping off the cart because your legs felt so weak. When the two of you were on stable ground he cupped your face and chuckled. “Did you cry?” he teased while he gently wiped your tears away with his thumbs.