Seventh Unexpected Incident

Unexpectedly

Your POV:

            “Dongwoo,” your voice wavered a little, “what are you doing here?”

            He placed the bag of noodle into the cart, “I needed something to drink after my morning run,” he raised a small bottle of milk up.

            “I didn’t know you live in this neighborhood?” the two of you slowly stroll down the aisle, “Wait, you’re rich?”

            “Uh…sure?” he shrugged his shoulders.

            “Why do you guys go to that school when you guys live in this neighborhood?” you mumbled to yourself.

            “You guys? Oh, you saw Jieun just now?” he matched your pace,” wait, what are YOU doing here? Last time I check, you lived closer to school,” He raised an eyebrow.

            “I moved and how’d you know I used to live close to school?” you lifted an eyebrow at him. He laughed in response but never told you how he knew.

            “Did you get everything?”

            Your eyes lit up in surprised as the person from behind walked up to your right. Dongwoo grew silent as he observed the scene. “Yongguk, you live in this neighborhood also? Wow, there are just so many people from our school here,” you stared him down, hoping he got your hint.

            “Oh…it’s you. Sorry I thought it was someone else,” Yongguk stroll passed you and Dongwoo. Phew, that was a close one. Wait. Why do I have to hide the fact that me and Yongguk live together? You continued your way out when Dongwoo’s questioned,” Do you need help with those groceries? Where’s your house?” made your stopped in your tracks which then made him quickly added,” Oh I’m not being stalker-ish. It’s okay if you don’t tell me,” You released a mental sigh and just smiled at him. You waited for him to depart before you called the chauffer.

Yongguk’s POV:

            She struggled with two bags on both hands as she waddled to the kitchen. I heard her soft sigh as I pushed the off button on the remote. I made my way to the kitchen and leaned on the doorway, observing her organizing the groceries. Mom went to work and dad will be back from work tonight. He’s going to make me go over to Jieun’s isn’t he…this arranged date is so uncomfortable for me. Fancy food, fancy clothe, putting on a fake smile; I don’t like it. I want simplicity; simple food, simple tees and jeans. I stared at Hyemi. She had her hair up; her droopy glasses are back, white V-neck tee and light denim jeans. I walked over to where she was placing the noodles in the high cabinets. I closed her in the corner, feeling her back stiffens as I inched even closer. She turned around, pushed her glasses up and stared at me. We had an intense eye staring contest but she ended it with her,” what?” question.

            “What’s wrong with letting people know we live together?” I arched my back to be on her eye level. She took off her glass and placed them on the granite counters without leaving her gaze on me.

            She leaned in closer to my ear and whispered,” they’ll get the wrong idea,” and she started to back away but I gently push the back of her head closer so I could whisper into her ears.

            “You mean this?” I nipped on her ear before letting her go.

Your POV:

            As he backed away your vision of him blurred and all you could only see was the outline of his body. You felt your ear flamed with sensation, just like in that dream. You lifted your arm and pointed at him,” Yah! Bang Yongguk come back here!” You spotted your glasses next to you and placed them on quickly before you started your journey to chase Yongguk down. His laugh filled the empty house and he ran upstairs. Your blood ran fast in your body, you felt a whole new sensation of energy in you and all you want to do was to tackle him down. You stepped two by two up the stairs and successfully trapped him in his room. You locked the door but forgot to turn on the lights.

            His room was different from yours; wood flooring shined darkly because of the sunlight peeking through the windows, the only furniture was his white king size bed accompanied with three or four pillows and you noticed his tiger stuffed animal was sitting at the edge. A small area was attached to his room where there was a table and many round chairs. Music sheets scattered the floor, ear buds and headphones laid lazily by the laptop.

            You revealed a mischievous smile, trying to intimidate him as you slowly steps closer to him. You let out a small chuckle after you glanced at the tiger again. “What are you laughing at?” he noticed your eyes shifted back to him.

            “I can’t believe you still have this,” you changed path and went to pick up the stuffed animal. You smiled at it, it’s so cute still. “I remember when you used to hold onto this and rapped your heart out,” you looked over at him who was making his way towards you.

            “I remember how you used to beg your mom for an exact one because you were jealous of how much more time I spent with it than with you,” his gums revealed itself as he grinned.

            Your smile faded when the two of you stood closely in front of one another. Why was I mad at him? Am I even mad anymore? Was I so jealous of Yuri that I cut our relationship?  “I’m sorry,” you whispered.

            He inched closer,” for what?” his voice melted your insides.

            “I don’t know. I should’ve been supportive of you and Yuri. It wasn’t my business. I—I just miss the relationship we had,” you felt pressure in your chest. “Why was I so god damn mad at you in the first place? I didn’t own you… Ugh. I’m so sorry,” you hung your head, resting your forehead on his chest. All of one year’s feelings escaped you and part of you felt relieved the heavy weight was off. No more acting, no more ing; you said what you had to say. His light chuckle made it unstable to rest your head so you looked up in confusion.

            “I tried to tell you that it was all a misunderstanding. She set me up. She wanted you separated from me,” he gently lifted your chin up,” she was jealous of our relationship,” he leaned in closer.