First Impression

Unexpectedly

 

Italicize words are thoughts


5 years ago: 7th grade

Your POV:

               “Mom I’m home!” you glide your shoes off and walked towards the kitchen. You heard laughter and figured you had guest over. You peaked into the kitchen and saw a lady looking about the same age as your mom and a boy, they were all standing up. He was tall, his black sweats barely touched the floor. His black hair almost touched his eyebrows. He had a nice navy button up shirt inside the puffy blue, gold, and white jacket he wore on the outside. He looks nice.

                “Hyemi, come and greet the guest,” your mom waved her hands.

                You stepped out from behind the wall and did your signature 90 degree bow,” Hi, nice to meet you,” you straighten yourself and saw a wide smile from the lady. You glanced at the boy who gave you a blank stare. Your mom made you stay while she and the other lady, Mrs. Bang, caught up on life. Apparently they were best friends since high school but some money issues caused Mrs. Bang to move. They recently got in contact with each other and your mother decided to invite them over for dinner.

               “Yah, Hyemi had grown so much!” She looked at you with her glowing eyes. You were placed across from the boy, still don’t know his name. The conversation got boring and you naturally zoned out into your own world. You swayed your leg back and forth and extending farther each time. It got the point to where you accidently kicked the boy in his shin. He let out a grunt and you immediately got up and went over to him.

               “Ommo! I’m so sorry!” You wanted to see if his leg was alright but didn’t want to be in an awkward position. Both ladies stopped their conversation and observed the situation.

               “I’m fine,” his deep voice took you by surprise. You were still in a daze from his voice and just then both moms erupted in a laugh.

               “I feel like these two will get along just fine,” your mom trailed off in a giggle.

               You changed into sweats and a t-shirt with your hair tied up high. The boy was helping the women prepared for dinner when you walked into the kitchen. Mom handed you a list of material needed for the dishes they were going to make. “Go to the Go-Mart and fetch me these,” you took the white slip and headed for the door.

               “Wait! Let Yongguk go with you. It’s too dark outside for a girl to be out alone,” Mrs. Bang pushed her son toward the door.

 

Yongguk’s POV:

                The two of us walked in silence even until we got to the small grocery store. She stopped abruptly and turned around, “Can you get the first half? I’ll get the second half,” her cute voice caught me off guard. She ripped the slip in halves and handed me the top portion. I roamed the store and got everything that was on my list and I went looking for her. I found her struggling at the noodle section. She was reaching for the noodle but due to her height, she couldn’t even touch it. I smiled a little as I made my way towards her but stopped suddenly when she decided to jump. I have to admit, this girl has hops! She snatched the bag of noodles before she landed. She got up swiftly and caught me staring at her.

Your POV:

                Oh crap, he saw didn’t he? You smiled it off as if it was nothing. The two of you checked out and headed home. “So, how old are you? You must be older than me right? You’re so tall,” you rambled. What are you doing Hyemi? Why’d you suddenly asked so many questions?!

                “I’m 13,” he replied shortly.  After entering the kitchen that’s when you realized he had carried all of the bags all this time. Dinner was finally made and your dad came home from work. You found out his dad was a businessman and he was currently on a business trip.

                “Hyemi, you guys will be going to the same school from now on. Help him out, okay?” Mom gave me a look and you just nod in response.

                That night you found out there was another side to his quite self.


Sorry there's not much action in this chapter~