Second Impression

Unexpectedly

Your POV:

                Mom didn’t want them to leave so soon so she insisted they should stay for the night. Mrs. Bang loved the idea and told her chauffer to go home and fetch Yongguk’s clothing for school. The man arrived minutes later with his pajamas, uniform and other school materials.

                I really shouldn’t drink a lot of water before I go to bed. You quietly tip toed to the small restroom in your room. Feeling satisfied afterward you crept back to your bed but stopped when you saw lights emitting from the crevice of the door. Someone’s up. You went around the house and found no one but the back door was opened. Oh my god! Is there a robber in this house?! You walked swiftly towards the door. The closer you got the clearer you could hear the rhythm resonating from outside. Yongguk’s back was facing you. He had a giraffe stuffed animal in his arms as he busted out rhythms as if he was a natural born rapper. You leaned on the door causing it to move slightly and it’s squeak caused him to stop.

Yongguk’s POV:

                Her shocking eyes met mine. Have she been here all this time? I got up and squeezed between her and the door to get inside. Her small hand gripped my wrist. I turned around with a questioning look on my face, “What?”

                “You’re really good,” her eyes radiated with interest. I tried hard to keep in my smile but I couldn’t when she showed me such a cute face. She had part of her hair up and her big glasses drooped on her face. She looked so chill but cute at the same time; a girl in plain tees and sweats, that made me smile.

                “Thanks,” I replied. I went to my room and closed the door. That night I couldn’t stop smiling.

Your POV:

                He smiled. You stood there blankly after he left. HE SMILED! His big smile kept flashing back in your head. You let out a big grin also. So he’s a nice guy after all. You still ponder over his rapping ability as you lay in bed.

                You woke up to a screeching voice, “Hyemi, Yongguk! You guys are going to be late for school!” Oh no, I’ll get a detention if I’m late this time. You zoomed out of bed, slipped on your uniform, tied your hair up, and cleaned your glasses then placing them over your eyes. I guess Yongguk is in a rush also. You saw him running for breakfast (toast) and hurriedly put on his shoes. The two of you ran towards the old brick building a few blocks away.

                You glided the door open, accidently too hard and the teacher gave you a harsh look. You bowed and murmured sorry. You were still panting and you realized your tie wasn’t on right. You hurriedly fixed it and turned around to fix Yongguk’s. You didn't want him to have a bad impression from the teacher on his first day. You straighten out his clothe and then you turned around and walked to your seat. Everyone except for the teacher wondered what you were doing by the door, their heads raised eagerly and that’s when he walked into the room. There were gasp and shy smiles from the girls and the boys coolly looked at him.

Yongguk’s POV:

                “Ah, just in time. Class, he is the transferred boy I was talking to you about a minute ago. Why don’t you introduce yourself,” he signaled me to come to the center.

                “Hi. My name’s Bang Yongguk,” I bowed slightly then turned to the teacher. He looked at his seating chart then pointed at an empty seat in the back by the window. With both of my hands in my pants pocket, I walked towards the clean seat. I found myself looking for Hyemi. She was on the opposite side of the room but she was in the last seat also. I’m somewhat disappointed. Wait, what? Why should I be? I pushed the thought to the back of my head.