Fifth Unexpected Incident

Unexpectedly

Yeobo- honey/husband

Omma- mom


Your POV:

                “Yes, we are but you’re staying,” mom hooked arms with you as the two of you walked to the Go-Mart shop. Your eyebrows furrowed. So they’re going on vacation? Why can’t I go with them? You rained your mom with questions but she just replied with a smile. “Hyemi, be a good girl when we’re not around, okay?”

                “Oh my god! Mom, don’t say it like you’re going to die!”

                “Ahaha, you watched too much drama,” she dropped three boxes of tissues into the small metal cart.

                “Explain, please,” you swung her arm, begging.

                “Your dad got a promotion and he’s requested in the United States. They gave him a nice condo and money for preparation. You’re going to college soon so I’ll be lonely at home so I decided to go with him. We’ll come back in a couple of months after everything is settled.

                You absorbed all the information and looked at your mom,” So does that mean I’m going to live alone in that house?”

                “Oh no; you’ll move in with my best friend,” she giggled secretly at the end. That night you helped them pack and went packing for yourself also. I still have to ask her who her best friend is, you thought before falling into a light sleep.

            That Sunday morning was filled with a busy atmosphere. Mom loudly read out her check list for both hers and dad’s items. Dad ran around the house trying to tidy things up before putting it up for sale. They’re leaving in half an hour and in a couple of hours you’ll be moving to a different place. Everything was moving so fast and you felt like you’re on a stand still. You made many memories in this old house and a sensation of sadness chocked your throat and tears began to form. Your mom hugged you after noticing your red face. “It’s okay honey. I’ll call so much that you’ll be so sick of it that you’ll just ignore my calls,” she let out a short laugh.

            A knock came from the door. Who could be here this early in the morning, its 3 am for goodness sakes? You opened the door to see Mrs. Bang, still in her pajamas, smiling at you. You politely bowed, welcomed her in and asked why she was here. “I’m here to see them off,” she replied. The two ladies shared their goodbyes and finally we left for the airport.  

            After many tears you and Mrs. Bang watched their plane lift off. Mrs. Bang took you home. You bowed, thanked her and walked into the house, not expecting her to follow you. Your suitcase stood in the middle of the empty living room but soon it was in the hands of Mrs. Bang. “Let me help you with that dear,” she pulled the suitcase down the stairs onto her truck.

            “Where are you taking that Mrs. Bang?” you followed her to her truck. The suitcase landed in the back of the truck with a loud thud. Mrs. Bang jumped and apologized for the noise then she said, “Why, my house of course,” she opened the door for you. After putting the pieces together you got in the truck and she drove off.

            When you were in front of her house a thought struck you. I'm going to live with Yongguk now…this is going to be so awkward. .

            “Oh yeah, they’re probably still sleeping since it’s only 5 in the morning,” she placed a finger in front of her lips. You smiled and nodded. This woman is adorable. She unlocked the double doors and led you to the kitchen. Was he always this rich? He’s such a thug at school but underneath he really is a punk rich boy. Tsk. The two of you spotted a vague light coming from the kitchen. The two of you turned into the kitchen to find the refrigerator door opened. “Yeobo?” Mrs. Bang asked the unknown figure as she dimmed up the lights.

            “Omma, we’re out of milk,” a husky voice answered.

            Mrs. Bang shook her head as she placed her handbag onto the granite countertop,” Can you carry Hyemi’s luggage upstairs to the empty guest room?”

            Yongguk closed the door and immediately spotted you standing by his mom. He wore a black wife beater accompanied with black jersey shorts. The dimmed lights shadowed his muscles perfectly, making you mesmerized for a second. Without any questions he carried your suitcase up the wood accented stairs. You closely followed him to a dark navy hallway. A lighter blue rug stretched to the end of the hallway where a white chair sat under a gold chandelier. He stopped at the farthest room then quickly turned around making you jump back a little. He took one step closer and hovered over you. His fists were clenched for a long time while you stared into his eyes. He released his fists and, “tsk,” before he walked off.   

Yongguk’s POV:

                “Mom, why is she here?” I asked her while she prepared breakfast.

                “Her parents went to the States and I volunteered to take her in while they settle down,” she cracked an egg into a glass bowl.

                Great. Now it’s going to be harder to hide things from her… especially Song Jieun. 


  • This is what I failed to describe~

      

  • The beautiful Song Jieun   
  • I'm experiencing pre-cold phase so I'll be a little slow on the updates[next weekend], sorry~