❆ ❄ ❅ ➺ Panic! At The Dorm Room || ExoOtaku

❆ ❄ ❅ Big Summer Blowout ❅ ❄ ❆ || Review Shop || Closed || Hiring

Title [9/10]
Panic! At The Dorm Room

One word. Comedy. I immediately pictured in my mind that a girl will be transferring in a guy's dorm because of one reason. I would definitely click this if I want some comedy and romance in one sitting.

Foreword/Description [15/20]
I love how your description is nice and very neat. It doesn't give much of the story and it gives a little information as to what's going to happen. This part is really crucial because it could really make a reader read your story and click the next page.

But in my perspective, I saw your plot in my mind and decided not to click it anymore. 

It has an ordinary plot that has been used mercilessly across the AFF site.

BUT, the more I think about your story, I don't even know who's going to end up with who so I shrugged and decided to check it out.

Appearance [5/5]
I absolutely love your poster. It gives off a chummy and funny feel to your story. I love how Baekhyun, Chanyeol, Kai and Kyungsoo were stuck together. It would be so weird if the designer didn't do that. If you know what I mean. It was light and of course, through your poster, you don't know who's shippng who.

Spelling/Grammar [12/15]
I found some typos and misusage of prepositions here and there but your grammar was really good. I don't need to correct much but I would love to suggest to you that you should add more detailing into your writing style. How did the other members react when Jinae suddenly popped up in their lives? Did Sehun made the right choice? 

Also, if Jinaw was the type of person who gets comfortable with other people, what were her opinions between her newly found house mates?

One last thing, use a different word for normal. It's becoming redundant from the way you used it. How about ordinary?

Also, how about exploring some new words? It could really affect your story and it could add more fuel to the fire.

Plot [13/15]

It really was a great plot. Though I find it ordinary, it really was great. You added your own color and added comedy into it. I especially love the part when Chanyeol cross-dressed and everybody laughed at him. You added your own twist and it made your story seem alive. I don't have to say much, because your plot already made me want to read it more. Since I want to have a comedy and drama-ish fic.

I know that there will be drama. *squint eyes* In a dorm with seven men, there will be drama going in. I can feel it.

Though, there were some instances that some of your scenes tend to irk me. 

When Jinae met Sehun, shouldn't be it an awkward moment? They haven't met for a while and they immediately bonded. That's what I see in my view. There should be an awkward moment between the two to show that they haven't seen each other for months.

EXO seemed to be super comfortable to the fact that there is a girl in a man's territory. Shouldn't they have a bro-there-is-a-girl-and-how-should-I-act-around-here meeting?

Those were just my opinions.

Characterization [17/20]

You made each and every character stand out. Kris was the usual protective hyung and Suho was the considerate hyung. Chen was the troll and the secret player and Sehun was the caring brother. KaiSoo and BaekYeol played their parts well and lastly, Tao was the misjudged boy of the group. Though Lay, Xiumin and Luhan haven't appeared yet, I hope that you can continue this distinction between them.

Flow [6/10]

For me, everything was fast paced. Jinae met EXO in just one day and everyone is already comfortable about it. They should be a bit tense since this is their friend's sister they are talking about. Also, if I were Jinae, I shouldn't be talking too much. If you were to meet your brother's friend, how would you react? That should be a question every time if you'll write a story like this.

But, I love the transition of your characters. It was great. Good job!

Overall Enjoyment/Reviewer's Note [4/5]

To be honest, I enjoyed it a lot. It was a new genre for me to see KaiSoo and BaekYeol popped out, out of nowhere. I didn't know how to react when I saw Chen's new personality, in fact, I only saw a little Chen around her in AFF.

You should better hurry up and place Xiumin, Luhan or Lay into the story so that people can read it more. Lol.

Grand Total [81/100]

 


Reviewed by: Chunkee__ ❆ ❄ ❅


Well, I hope you're not too offended. Remember, upvoting is not a must, but very much appreciated, so if you were satisfied with the feedback, please do so no pressure :D
And remember, these are suggestions for your improvement.
I hope you go far and wide with your writing my donut. Good luck :)