❆ ❄ ❅ ➺ Ornaments of Prosperity || AnabelleJosephine

❆ ❄ ❅ Big Summer Blowout ❅ ❄ ❆ || Review Shop || Closed || Hiring

Title [7/10]
Ornaments of Prosperity

Yes, I like your title and it sounds fancy on the paper, but just considering the title alone, I found it hard to think of how it could relate to your story. So I tried to have a look at the basic meanings of the word(s) on your title, and I guess that in a way, it does relate because prosperity is tied with wealth, success, profotablity etc., but I guess that as of now, I have my doubts since your whole story isn't finished yet. I just hope that by the end of it, the reader can really indentify with the title as regards to your story.

Well, I hope that what I said isn't too confusing :) But having said that, I like how it looks on paper. It sounds fancy and you used the general rule of having only three words as a title. It's nice, sounds fresh, isn't too cliche, and hard to forget. Well done :D

Foreword/Description [18/20]

Well first off, I like how you're very literate-- using nice, perfect describing words for your main captivating description. Yet one thing that I will point out if I may, is that, not a lot of people can understand big big words. (Yes, double big.) Because it made me confused to an extent that I had to google up some words to make sure that you used it in a proper way. But for the most part, I actually quite liked it. I admire it a lot when people show off the depth of knowledge through writing. Your opening description is very nice, very beautiful and flowy at the same time, it almost sounds as if it were from a novel. Your writing style is something you would see in books-- not generally fanfiction, so I commend you on that.

I also took note of the fact that you didn't use a character chart, which is commendable, yet for me, since I am not so familiar with SNSD, I kinda lost my way between the characters and the shifts and everything. But all in all I think that not using a character chart is commendable-- because it's something that authours here on aff don't normally do. Character charts are normally put there for fun and for introducing your characters, yet most times they never follow their perhaps stated personality. Those who don't use character charts however, have the privilege of revealing their characters to the reader as the story progresses, and I like how you did just that. Good job :)

Aside from those, I see that you have done everything correctly such as your authour's note and your credits being on the bottom so I see nothing wrong with it. All in all, a nice way to introduce a story. ^^

Appearance [4/5]

Okay, I would just like to say how I love love love your poster. It fits the theme pretty well-- white-washed backgrounds give off the feeling of purity and innocence, and your poster made it seem somewhat magical and enchanted too. I find it admirable that you are using your own poster. I love it.

The only thing for me is, that on your poster, you only have the photos of Minah, Taeyeon, Krystal and Jaekyun(am I right? I can't tell between them lol.). And there are no males. So initially, I thought that this would be a Yuri story, only that you forgot to put it in the tags. Yet I saw the name of Kai, Luhan Chanyeol and so forth, and as a new reader, it kinda mislead me just the teensiest, tiniest bit.

Oh but let's not also forget your awesome logo. It looks so profesh. What. A. Stage name. Seriously, AJ Fable Collections? DOPE. It looks absolutely L.E.G.I.T. Honestly, I love it. Good job. My hat goes off to respect you talents. Lol.

Spelling/Grammar [15/15]

As I have mentioned, you use really deep, big words that I find very impressive. And what I also find awesome is that, on every single chapter, you start out with a very captiviting description. Such as on the first, when you wrote about the wind and rain dancing together, that personification just gave the reader a very nice image for their mind's eye to see.

I saw very little-- if any at all-- spelling or grammar mistakes. Here are just the typos I saw. I'm sorry, since you're such a good writer, a single typo kinda sticks out for me. On chapter four, you wrote 'Fountain Angle' and also on chapter 5, you used the word 'hanged'. It might just be because I'm in Aussie, but I don't particularly approve of the word 'hanged.' More like, 'hung'. There we go. And also because I'm from Aussie, please don't mind my different spelling of 'authour', 'colour' and stuff like that. Lol.

But haha besides from those, I enjoyed your writing style a lot. As I mentioned, from chapters 1-5, you have, not once, started with a dialogue or an action by far, and I think it's refreshingly new and nice. But it's great because your descriptions are not the cliche ones that you would normally see on other fanfics, such as, 'The sun's rays were shining on her face...' So great! Good job.

Another thing that I would like to commend you on also is how your titles are always just one word. It's very nice. Most people don't really see it, but titles don't have to be a huge long sentence and all-- they just have to be kept short and elegant.

Plot [12/15]

I can see that there is still a long way to go from here, hence the 3 point deduction. Everything is kinda jumbled up at the moment, because you have four main characters who have just been introduced, and they all have different backgrounds and different personalities, outlooks, hopes, dreams and ambitions. But as noted, they all have-- or will be-- a connection to each other. I can sense that at some point of the story, you're going to relate their individual sotries. But as of now, for me, it seems quite confusing-- especially the first chapter. When it flitted to the next chapter, I had a hard time identifying whether or not the first chapter was a flashback, or part of the progressing plot-- or, it could just be due to my lack of knowlege of SNSD.

But I like how each chapter has a question that leaves the reader to ask, such as, on the second chapter, it made me wonder about that doctor who ended her dad's life, and also the connection of Chanyeol in the story. I also notice that you introduce them all separately-- all as individuals who have their own lives yet to be tangled with each others' sooner or later. I find that very nice.

But okay, the thing is, I can't really speculate as to where your plot is going as of the moment because it has just started. So I can't say for certain if it's a good, decent or bad plot-- I don't know for sure. But I wish you the best!

Characterization [20/20]

You get full marks on this one. It's very easy to speculate and observe each and every one of your characters because they have such distinct given personalities. It's absolutely wonderful to see you put your writing out in such a way. I will be very detailed and specific in this category because I really like how you've done your characters.

I honestly fangirled when Chanyeol popped out of nowhere as I read through, because I would really like to know his share in the plot. And as of now, I can see that he's a side character but it's great that we already know one trait of his: He studies animal science. Which is really cute and admirable if I may say, because not all men choose that, so it gives me a vibe that he's a softie inside.

Okay, I've mentioned about that doctor, but may I just ask, is he the assiest ever or did he just inject him to end his misery? Or was that a cure? or what, this is seriously... ugh. It made me feel.

Alright, on to your main characters. I have a feeling that Krystal is your main main character, and I reckon that she is an extremely three dimensional character. Given her quietness, I don't think she's someone that one would call shy, awkward or the like, but a bit more... introverted and insecure. I sense that she's the type who finds it hard to trust, and she has a hatred to her mother in which hasn't been revealed as to exactly what it is. Yet, her mother seems to try her best to amend to whatever she's done, but that thing five years ago must've affected their relationship a lot. So much so that it severed her like that. And also, the way Krystal talks makes me unsure if she's a pessimist or a realist, because there is a fine line between those two. I also see her trait of pride, since she was raised in her given family background. She's quite a complicated character, who hides a lot of secrets.

And now, Taeyeon. I have a feeling she's your other main main character. I like the fact that she's a scholarship student in a prestigious school, meaning that she had to practically claw her way up there. I reckon that more people can relate to Taeyon because she's going through hardships and trials but she knows that if she does nothing about it, and just simply accepts that she is dirt, then obviously, nothing will happen. She knows that hardships and trials are what make life. Just as how fighting with your siblings and getting a few scratches here and there are a part of childhood. She tries her best in everything that she signs up for and all in all, she's a very lovely young lady.

But seriously dude, Taeyeon with her mum made me feel. Like, you do not even know. It made me feel.

I won't be looking at Jaekyung and Minah as of now, because it has mostly been Krystal and Taeyron throughout the first parts of your story.

Flow [6/10]

The reason why I deducted four points is because of my initial confusion at your first chapter. I have mentioned on another review that stories like yours have a heartbeat plot. Your story started off spiking, yet it gradually calmed down as I read on. Your time shifts were present-- we know if it's the start of the day, end of the day or a few days on from the last event.

I reckon your flow went pretty smoothly, and there's nothing I should pick up on about aside from that one thing that I pointed out. I hope that it will stay like this for your future chapters, and that your writing style will only continue to improve.

Overall Enjoyment/Reviewer's Note [3/5]

Okay, before I say my personal opinions, this is what I got from your story, because truly, it uncovers some valuable life lessons that others might not be able to point out:
Everyone has their own problems. So don't compare yourselves to others, because rich, poor, child or adult have their own problems. They're just not the same case for everyone, and the amount is no different from others-- problems are still problems, and they are big matter of life.

Okay so, the thing is, I enjoyed your story, but it wasn't my type of genre. I enjoyed your writing style a lot and I hope that you won't get unmotivated to finish it, because for some people, their writing style from the first chapter could, possibly, intimidate them, reasoning that their writing from the first chapter was far better than the ones that they are writing now.

But remember, take a break once in a while from all that angst and drama and write something loose, okay? For a change haha.

I also apologize for taking FOREVER to do your review, but I have had to do so many things that I just couldn't find the time to do things I needed to do on aff. But thanks for requesting and I hope you can come by again!!

Grand Total [85/100]

 


Reviewed by: AwesomeDonut ❆ ❄ ❅


Well, I hope you're not too offended. Remember, upvoting is not a must, but very much appreciated, so if you were satisfied with the feedback, please do so no pressure :D
And remember, these are suggestions for your improvement.
I hope you go far and wide with your writing my donut. Good luck :)