Chapter 10: First day

A Place To Call Home

"Kai! Wake up!" D.O shouted at Kai, who is still sleeping soundly. Kai covered his head with a pillow but D.O snatched it right away. "Wake. Up. Kai" D.O said firmly which made Kai stand up. He stretched for a bit and yawned, "Where are the others?". "Downstairs, eating breakfast" D.O replied as he folded the sheets of the bed and placed it at the edge neatly. "Now get your lazy downstairs too! We can't be late for our first day in school!" he added.

D.O went outside first leaving Kai who still calls for another naptime, *Damn. I'm still sleepy* With no other choice, he followed D.O downstairs.

It's their first day today. Professor Z was the one who managed their papers, supplies and other documents. Considering the hi-tech facilities of EXO Planet it all went out smoothly and now they'll be attending SM Academy. The closest school which can be found in the nearest city in their place. 

Kai saw that they're all already eating and that they're already wearing their uniforms.

"Yow Sleepy head!" Chanyeol greeted him as he snatched away a bacon from Baekhyun's plate.

"Yah! That's my bacon!" Baekhyun protested but Chanyeol pretended not to hear and ate it.

"So are you going to stand there all day? C'mon Kai! We'll be late!" D.O scolded him again. Kai obeyed and sat besides Sehun who is munching a carrot. Without further a do, Kai joined them in eating as well. After their breakfast they assembled at the living room except for Kai who is in the bathroom.

"Geez! Kai's such a slowpoke! I guess we'll be late for our first day huh?" Baekhyun commented. His legs rested on another chair.

"I heard that" Kai said as he entered with a towel in his neck. 

"Yehet! Kai's already here! I can't wait for another action when we arrived at that school" Sehun exclaimed.

"Sehun, it won't be like our school in EXO Planet. Professor Z said that it'll be a place with no fighting and weapon testings. It'll be a place where you will learn numbers, words and so on" Suho explained making the maknae frown, "Turn off! I won't be going!" 

"It's not like you have a choice Sehun, we're going for a mission" Chanyeol added.

"Now we're really going to be late with all these chitchats! C'mon guys, let's go already!" Kai reminded. They all nodded and got their bags, and with that they closed the door and starting walking to school.

 

***

Hana applied lip gloss. She looked at herself in the mirror and smiled, *I look great* 

It's true. Hana really do look beautiful in her uniform. She tied her hair into a ponytail and the curls of her hair bounced as she walk. 

*knock knock knock*

"Coming!" She placed the lip gloss in her bag and then dashed off to the door. She opened it and saw Sunny holding a paper bag and a tray filled with bacon, rice and egg.

"Sunny!" Hana welcomed her and lead her to the dining room where Sunny placed the tray. "You've eaten?" 

"Not yet" Hana replied. 

"Geez! You need to take culinary lessons Hana!" Sunny scolded her but Hana just smiled sheepishly. She likes it when Sunny acts like a mother to her.

Sunny placed the dishes in the table, Hana get some plates and utensils. They ate together after then. 

Because of Hana's situation right now, she can't let herself be known to public as KIM HANA, the daughter of the richest business man in South Korea. Once her identity will be exposed, her dad may find her and would make her go back to her boring life again. That's why Sunny chosed a school which is not that known, SM Academy. 

Hana's sight moved to her wrist watch, "Oops look at the time" She stand up and went to her room to get her bag, "But Hana, isn't it too early?" Sunny asked.

"The earlier the better" She replied scanning herself in the mirror again.

She was about to twist the knob when Sunny stopped her, "Here" Sunny gave her the paper bag she was holding. Hana took it and asked, "What's this?" 

"Snacks" Sunny replied. Hana smiled and hugged Sunny tightly, "Thank you for everything Sunny" 

She pushed away from the hug, "I better go now, BYE!" And with that Hana opened the door leaving Sunny in her unit. *Enjoy your day Hana*

 

She rode the taxi to school. The taxi stopped in front of SM Academy's entrance. Hana examined it first from the windows, it was larger that what she've expected. After her eyes were contented she paid the driver and then went out of the car.

She just stood there. She smiled and her heart was filled with excitement, but she's nervous as well. She entered the school and saw that there were still a few students, *I guess it's really still early* 

She headed to the office. She knocked first then twist the doorknob, "Excuse me?" A man who looked like he's in his sixties was sitting and was reading a some kind of book. He lowered the book to see who it was, "Oh! You must be our new student, Come in" Hana entered and examined the office. It was spacious filled with book shelves at both sides. At edge in the center was the man's table. "Please sit" The man commanded, Hana sat at the chair that was placed on the opposite side of the table. "You must be Kim...Hana?" The man asked as he read a paper.

"Hmm..You're name sounds familliar.." He scratched his head as if he's tryng to recall Hana's name. "Well nevermind" He finally gave up. Hana felt relief.

The man cleared his throat and stretched his hand, "Hello Ms. Hana, I'm Lee Soo Man. The principal of this academy" Hana shaked his hand. The man chuckled, "You must be nervous are you? You're hand is shaking" Hana's ears became red. "Don't be shy Ms. Hana, I assure you that you're stay here will be great.  Our school offers not only quality education but memorable days to spend with your future friends" Soo Man encouraged her. Hana smiled.

Suddenly there was a knock at the door,"Come in" The principal commanded.Hana's eyes were in the door, a handsome man entered.  Hana's jaw fell. He was really handsome. "Yunho?" the principal asked.

The man,whom the principal called Yunho, nodded and said,"Yes sir"

"Oh great timing! By the way Hana, this Sir Yunho, he'll be the adviser for your class"

*OH MY GOD! A HANDSOME MAN IN THE CLASSROOM! HOW WILL I EVER CONCENTRTE NOW?!* Hana tried to compose herself. 

"So you're Kim Hana" Yunho asked. Hana looked at him and could feel her face hot now, "Uhh..uhh...yeah"  

"Well you're a beautiful lady and you look smart too" Yunho complimented making her blush,"Thanks sir" 

"Yunho,why don't you lead Ms. Hana here to the classroom" Soo Man said and Yunho nodded, "Let's go Ms. Hana" He opened the door for her and lead her to the classroom.

When she were in front of the classroom Yunho said, "Wait here" Hana nodded. From the outside she can hear the chit chats of her classmates. Yunho scolded them for a bit. His voice is hot too. Suddenly she heard her name signaling that she should enter the room now, She opened the door and saw that all eyes were concentrated at her. She lowered her head as she walked to the center. "Introduce yourself please" Yunho gently commanded, Hana nodded and faced her classmates, "I'm Kim Hana. Hope we'll get along in the future" 

"You're pretty" One of her classmates said then he was smacked by his seatmate that seemed to be his girlfriend. "Th-thanks" Hana said then smiled earning a "Awwww" from all of her male classmates. The girls rolled their eyes.

"Ms.Hana, you can sit in that vacant seat at the back. Hana's eyes moved to the seat her teacher is pointing. At the back of the classroom are four vacant seats. She nodded and walked to the empty seat beside the window. 

"Show off" Hana heard a girl said as she walked. Hana felt bad, she don't want enemies for her first day,she wants friends. When she reached her seat she placed her bag at the side. 

"Okay, that's one of our new students this year actually there are more but looks like they won't be attending today" Yunho informed the class.

"Well I hope it's not another SHOW OFF" a girl with black hair and sharp eyes said as she looked at Hana. Hana quickly lowered her head. Some girls chuckled while the boys remained silent suddenly all attentions were focused when there was a loud BANG in the door.

Hana looked to where it came from, then three gorgeous boys came inside.All girls squealed,"Sorry we're late" The boy with  brown shiny eyes said. 

Hana examined their faces and her eyes stopped at one boy, *Tomato*