Chapter 7: Day at Hongdae

A Place To Call Home

"Hey human! I want another one!" Sehun shouted at the lady. The lady looked at him unbelievably yet still followed and went to the kitchen to get their orders. They're at Hongdae now specifically at a skewered chicken shop at the entrance of the alley. They've been here for an hour already yet they still continued to order and eat. Their table was a mess filled with empty plates and bottles. People in the shop just looked at them brows up as they eat nonstop.

Chanyeol burped loudly not caring at the humans who looked at them as if they had 7 heads each. "Whew! That hit the spot! I never knew earth's food are really delicious" he said and rubbed his tummy.

"Not enough! I want more!" Baekhyun declared as he finished his plate. He looked for the lady in the counter and when he spotted her he called for her, the lady rolled her eyes and went to their table. 

"Another order?" The lady asked lamely.

"Yes! MAKE IT 2! NO 5!" He demanded. The lady shooked her head and sighed. "Sorry no orders from you now, Hurry up and pay your bills now" 

"Hey, is that how you treat customers here on Earth?" Chanyeol looked at her, his eyebrows crinkled together. Kai elbowed him, Suho facepalmed not knowing what to do to s anymore. D.O diverted his eyes somewhere already feeling ashamed at the other members' actions.

"Well excuse me SIR, but you've been here for an hour now, we're going out of stack with our menus with all of your orders and lastly you're disturbing our other customers! Now if you may, hand over your money now!" The lady shouted firmly. Chanyeol rolled his eyes, "Whatever! It's not like you're food here is really delicious" 

"Says a man who finished 10 plates" D.O commented. Chanyeol glared at him and D.O just shrugged.

"Here" Baekhyun handed the lady a few silver gems that was pure silver. The lady's eye twitched as she looked at the gems "What's this?" She asked.

"We're paying! Duh!"

"WITH THAT?!"

"WHAT DO YOU---OW! HEY KAI! WHY DID YOU HIT ME??!" Baekhyun rubbed the back of his head where Kai had hitted him. Kai just rolled his eyes and smiled at the lady making her blush, "I'm sorry for my friends' actions. They just had been released from a mental hospital. It had been so hard for them" Kai faked a sniff. Chanyeol and Baekhyun looked at him like they want to murder him or something. 

Kai handed the lady the money and then bowed.

They're outside now and Kai made a big sigh, "Seriously Baekhyun-hyung? You're going to pay with OUR money? That was just embarrassing!" Kai said as he looked at Baekhyun who doesn't even cares at all. "Hey I forgot, and besides I wasn't able to convert our money into Earth's money back at EXO Planet" he explined.

"Haven't the queen told us to do that?" D.O nagged too. Baekhyun rolled his eyes and pouted.

"Now what are we going to do?" Sehun asked.

"We need to look for clothes" D.O answered.

"Okay, Kai lead the way" Suho commanded, they all looked at Kai. "Hey, I don't know where to look for clothes here. Seriously guys, you can't expect me to know everything about Earth" 

"Well you acted like one, you can't blame us" Baekhyun said leading Kai to roll his eyes this time.

"Let's just ask" D.O suggested then went to a group pf high school girls who chuckled and tried to look cute as D.O approached them. 

"D.O's turning into a heart throb" Suho smiled sheepishly. "We can shop for clothes in that store" D.O said as he went back to them, he pointed at the store that was two blocks away from them". With a nod, they went to the clothes shop.

Inside, they can't help but feel amazed at the clothes displayed. It was very different from their clothes. Chanyeol went to the hats section, He grabbed a baseball cap and examined it. The saleslady thought that Chanyeol was cute despite of his weird clothes and went near him, she smiled sweetly and asked, "Do you want that sir?"

Chanyeol stopped examining the cap and looked at the saleslady, "How do you wear this?" He asked innocently but the saleslady was taken back by his question *Seriously he's cute? But weird! Doesn't he know what a cap is?!* She complained in her mind. She grabbed the cap Chanyeol is holding and wore it. "This is how you wear it sir" She demonstrated.

"In your head?" Chanyeol asked again.

"Yes in you're head" The saleslady lazily replied.

"What for?"

"Well...Uhmm..for fashion...or from protection...against the sun" 

"Protection from the sun? Why? Does the sun hurts you?"

"No, of course no--"

The saleslady was cutted off by Chanyeol's words, "geez, The sun is not even bothering you, why are you protecting yourself from the sun. You humans are weird" He the walked away. The saleslady's mouth opened. Still in awe at Chanyeol's craziness.

Sehun and Suho looked at the clothes hanged. "Look hyung, this might fit Tao" Sehun showed a black leather jacket to Suho. Suho nodded and said "Glad that he's not here. He would surely pester us and make us buy this for him" 

"Yeah...That's Tao's specialty besides martial arts" The two laughed and hanged the leather jacket back to it's place.

D.O alone was examining the accessories displayed outside the store. His eyes was caught by an owl necklace. *It's an owl, does Earth has it too?*

He touched the necklace and then picked it, he examined it in his fingers and was surprised when the saleslady in charge asked him, "Hmm...A necklace for your girlfriend sir?"

"G-girlfriend?" D.O muttered the foreign word. He doesn't know what "girlfriend" is, but he know what "girl" and "friend" is. But he was curious why did the human said it together.*That means girlfriend is a girl which is your friend right?*

 "Yes, girlfriend. Actually sir, that is a  couples' necklace, you can part it into two then you can have one and the other to your girlfriend." She parted the two and moved it closer for D.O to see. "See sir, on the side are the words "Only you" and on the other "For Infinity" engraved. It means that once you give this you're promising that you'll forever be hers. That you will never leave her, and would take care of her forever. That would be really sweet of you sir" the saleslady explained.

D.O not really understanding what the saleslady had said, just nodded.Without much thinking he bought the item and the saleslady quickly dashed off to the counter and when she returned she was holding a beautifully designed small box with the owl necklace inside.

"I'm sure your girlfriend would love it. Come again sir" 

D.O just nodded and went to Suho and Sehun's side.

"You already picked your clothes?" Suho asked. D.O hid the box at his back and shook his head. "Oh well, Sehun and I had pick some. Just pick anything you want and give it to me. I'll pay for it" Suho said.

"Hyung's so rich!" Sehun chuckled. Suho just smiled and so did D.O. Suho loves to treat s. But some like Kris, Tao, Baekhyun and Kai would take advantage of his generous side. But Suho doesn't mind. He thinks that as the leader that was his responsibility, though he still wished that the EXO-M's leader Kris would also do the same.

Baekhyun already picked 3 set of clothes. He's really good at picking clothes that fits him perfectly.You could say he is a fashionista. He was about to grab the checkered design polo when a sight from outside caught his eyes.

There was a man pushing a cart. But Baekhyun's eyes were at  the cart. The cart is full of tomatoes. *That's a tomato right?* Baekhyun is a curious kid. Once he saw something interesting he would examine it. And those tomatoes really is interesting for him and so he wants to follow that man pushing the cart.

"Baekhyun, Suho-hyung said to give your clothes to him. He's going to pay for us" D.O said to Baekhyun once he saw him. He realized that Baekhyun was not paying attention and was about to say it again when Baekhun suddenly gave all the clothes he picked at D.O.

"Give it to Suho-hyung...I'm going somewhere" He hurriedly gave D.O the clothes. D.O who also panicking with all the clothes Baekhyun had given him asked, "Wait where are you going?"

"Somewhere...Don't worry I'll be back" And with that Baekhyun left D.O with the clothes in his arms.

D.O sighed, *Don't get into trouble and come back here safetly you blockhead* 

 

 

 

Baekhyun already had lost sight of the man.

But he still continued to look for him. He was already in the other side when he finally spotted him.The man is transferring the tomatoes in the table where in a fat lady is standing beside. After he finished transferring he hold his cart and walked away. 

Baekhyun walked to the fat lady.

"Excuse me are these tomatoes?" Baekhyun asked.

The fat lady looked at Baekhyun from head to toe. The raised her eyebrows. *Where did this boy came from? His clothes are weird. I hope he's not some crazy boy or else I would really get him beat up* 
 
Baekhyun on the other hand was examining the fat lady's face too.He thinks for a human this lady is really ugly. She has a mole on the side of his right eye and on the side of her upper lip. She has curly hair and her skin tone in her face so white yet her neck is dark. She wears awfully red lipstick which doesn't suit her at all. Baekhyun bit his lip trying to stop himself from laughing.
 
"Yes these are tomatoes, you interested? 1kg is 7455" She said. Her voice croaked. Baekhyun can't stop it and chuckled a little. The fat lady saw this and raised her eyebrow higher.
 
Baekhyun cleared his throat, "Uhmm can I have these all?" 
"All of these are equivalent to 50 kg, meaning 372750 wons" She reminded still glaring at Baekhyun.
"Ah..okay, just pack it and I'll buy it" The fatlady whistled and three big muscled men came forward. The fat lady instructed to pack 50kg of tomatoes and they obeyed immediately. *Weird, I'm sure this guys can knock these lady in just one punch. Why would they just let themselves be commanded by a big fat ugly lady?*
 
Baekhyun looked at the tomatoes as they transfer it in a sack. Honestly, he don't know what to do with all of those, He just finds tomatoes interesting.
 
Once they were finished, the muscled man on the right lifted the sack of tomatoes to the table, The fatlady opened her palm infront of Baekhyun and said, "372750 wons boy" 
 
Baekhyun rolled his eyes. Completely irritated with the fat lady's stare.
 
From his pockets he picked 10 silver gems and handed it to the fat lady.
 
With his beyond human strenght he easily lifted the sack of tomatoes, and carried it like it was nothing. But someone grabbed a hold of his shirt, He looked back to see who it was and it was the fat lady again. Her eyes were big this time and her eyebrows crinkled together and the end were raised up. She's angry. Yes she is.
 
Baekhyun gulped. He felt a little agitated *Man this lady reminded me of my grandma. They're both scary as hell. I always wonder why Lay likes to visit her*
 
"Where do you think you're going lad?" She asked stressing every word.
"Uhmm...Home?" He replied nervously.
 
"Well, you're not going home boy. UNLESS you pay me for those tomatoes" 
 
Baekhyun's nervousness disappeared, he looked at the lady without fear anymore, "Hey! I just paid!" 
 
"With this?!" The fatlady now shouted.
 
Baekhyun realized again that their money and his were different. He wants to punch himself for that.
 
"Geez...Me and my forgetful brain...Don't worry human...That is pure silver, I'm sure it's enough" Baekhyun calmly said.
 
The fat lady looked at the gems, yes it looks real enough. But the fat lady doesn't want to be tricked what if it just look like one but not really real. 
 
"Nice try lad, but you ain't going to trick this lady" She said again now adding a "let me kill you boy" tone.
 
"But---" Baekhyun tried to explain again but the fat lady cutted him off "Don't want to pay? Then suffer the consquences. BOYS!"
 
The fatlady signaled the three muscle men to move forward. They were clenching their large fist, Looking directly at Baekhyun with their large angry eyes.
 
"Look guys...We can talk about this you know" Baekhyun stepped backward, still dragging the sack of tomatoes. When he realized that explaining won't solve anything he thought of best idea ever. ESCAPE.
 
"CATCH HIM!" The fat lady ordered. The three muscle men and hurriedly chased the running Baekhyun with a sack of tomatoes with him.
 

 

***

Hana is in Hongdae too now. *I heard that they're selling cheap clothes in here*  Hana walked with a smile on her face. This is the very first time she'd been here. And it was really beautiful like what she had heard. She can't help but chuckly at the busy people she would pass. 

"A beautiful flower for a beautiful girl" A middle aged man handed her a rose. Hana took it and bowed at the man, "Thank you"

She was about to turn to the other side when somebody bumped him hard. 

She fell at the ground, first. And so did the one who bumped into her.

Tomatoes fell on the ground, "MY TOMATOES!" Baekhyun shouted then rashed to  pick up the tomatoes on the floor not even bothering to help Hana. 

Hana looked at the boy. *How could he not even help me* A man cam near her and helped her to stand up, she quicly thanked him and went back to the boy who were halfway done in gathering the tomatoes. She realized with the weird outfit that he must be one of those six boys who she saw back at the cafe. Hana moved closer to the boy. Baekhyun stood up with a smile on his face, hugging the tomatoes in his arms. *They're safe!!!* 

 

"HEY YOU!" Baekhyun looked at Hana who called him. "Me?" He asked.

"DUH! YES YOU!" Hana was angry now, she shouted as she answered.

"What do you want?"

"WHAT DO I WANT??! GOD! YOU JUST BUMPED ON ME, MY HURTS YOU KNOW! AND YOU DIDN'T EVEN BOTHERED TO HELP ME OR SAY SORRY!" 

"Oh really? Sorry..." And with that Baekhyun put the tomatoes on the sack again and walked pass her dragging the sack of tomatoes

Hana was not just angry, SHE WAS FURIOUS NOW. *That's all? THAT'S ALL??!!*

Hana grabbed the sack away from him and before Baekhyun could take it back Hana pointed a finger at his chest, "YOU HORRIBLE WEIRD JERK! THAT'S ALL YOU HAVE TO SAY??!" 

Baekhun, also angry at her for delaying his escape pushed her finger away from him. "Look human, I don't need to explain myself right now. I'm in a hurry and--PLANTS AND ZOMBIES!" Baekhyun saw that the two muscle men had found him and were at the edge of the alley now. He turned his back to run but he saw the other on the other edge too. He was cornered.

"!" Baekhyun muttered under his breath.

Hana looked at him half curious, half irritated "HEY WILL YOU LISTEN TO---" She was surprise when two men with big muscles went to their direction and the other one on the other side came closer too.

"THE CHASE IS OVER DUDE" The bald one said.

Hana just realized what's happening. The three were after this boy, and she wished that she didn't even bothered to stop this boy just for an apology, now she's caught up with their misunderstanding or whatever.

"Look guys, I'm trying to explain here--" Baekhyun was cut off when the other grabbed him on his collar. Hana gasped, she could run but she thinks that this boy would be horribly beated up if she won't do something.

*DAMN YOU TOMATO BOY AND MY CONSCIENCE* 
 
Hana moved between Baekhyun and the one who grabbed him making the man take off his hold at Baekhyun.
 
"Look, I don't know what's going on here, But you need to stop this now. Look! People are watching you, if someone sees you that you're beating this man then you'll be arrested  for sure"
 
The man smirked and looked at Hana directly, "Look honey, we're known at this place for being troublemakers. No one would dare to complain us to the police" he said with a rusty voice. 
 
Hana gulped, there goes her chance for survival. Now she's definitely in this fight.
 
"And why are you even concerned? You must be friends with this boy are you? You planned with him do you" Hana can feel her legs shaking now. She's scared as hell.
 
"No I'm---" She tried to defend herself but Baekhyun cutted her, "What if she is? What are you going to do?" 
 
Hana glared at Baekhyun, muttering all the curses she knew at him on her mind.
 
"Then she'll suffer too" The three moved closer, Hana stepped backward then closed her eyes when he saw the man's hand up  when suddenly a large BAM made her open her eyes and she saw the man unconscious on the floor, he looked at the person who did it and it was Baekhyun. She was surprised at how he can knock that bulky man down with just one punch.
 

*I'm trying to stop myself from beating you up because of the large audience but hearing from you that they won't care at all just released all the desire I tried to stop from beating you up!* Baekhyun thought

The other two were surprised too but refused to show that they're scared, they moved forward. The other one had a gripped Baekhyun's hands, the other one was about to lay a punch at his stomach but Baekhyun kicked him, enough for him to roll down the ground. Baekhyun bumped the back of his head at the other for him to break free. Biting his lower lip, Baekhyun, punched the man directly at his face. It was a knockout.

Baekhyun yawned, feeling a little disappointed at how fast the fight ended. He moved back to his sack of tomatoes and dragged it coming closer to Hana. Hana was still in shock, and she came back to her senses when she realized that Baekhyun was infront of her. 

"Hey you---OUCH!" Baekhyun yelled as Hana slapped her. He rubbed his cheeks which were red now, "YOU HIT HARD MORE THAN THOSE UGLY BULKY MONKEY DOES!"

"YOU ! WHY DID YOU SAY THAT I'M ONE WITH YOU! I ALMOST GOTTEN MYSELF BEAT UP TOO!" Hana yelled back too.

Baekhyun realized what he did. He paused for a minute and then picked a tomato from the sack, "Here" He handed Hana the tomato.

Hana took it, "What's this for?" 

"Apology"

Hana was taken back. She finds it cute even though she was really pissed back then. 

"Sorry for involving you in this" Baekhyun smiled and leaned, and instincts told her to close her eyes which she did too, but then opened it when she realized that he kissed the tomato and not her.

Hana felt stupid for even thinking that way, it made her blush. When Baekhyun looked at her face he chuckled " You look like a tomato too now!" And with that he left. Leaving Hana smiling like crazy.

 "His weird" She looked at the tomato again, then smiled again, "VERY WEIRD" and continued her jouney at Hongdae again.

 

***

 

"HYUNG!" Sehun greeted Baekhyun as he saw him.

"Hey guys!" He waved, D.O walked closer and smacked him, "IDIOT! WHERE HAVE YOU BEEN?!" 

Baekhyun rubbed the back of his head, "Just a walk with my precious tomatoes"

"Tomatoes?" Kai asked, then leaned to look at the sack he was dragging. "Where did you get that?"

"Somewhere... Though I found one that was awfully beautiful. Too bad I can't bring it with me so I left a tomato for it to have company" Baekhyun said.

"You left a tomato with a tomato?" They all asked

"Hmm..Yeah" Baekhyun answered then recalled the meeting with the human girl.

*I think she's even more interesting than tomatoes* He smiled at the thought.