Chapter 3: Kim Hana

A Place To Call Home


Kim Hana sighed as she bit another slice of tiramisu. "Ms. Hana, how will you be able to learn if you're not paying attention? Please listen Ms. Hana...Someday you'll be running your father's company and it's important that you learn about Business." Her tutor scolded her and gave her a stern stare.

It was 8 in the morning, Saturday. It should be a day of shopping, arcades or a day just hanging with friends for other girls. But for Kim Hana, it's just another boring day, with a boring teacher in the same boring business lessons at her boring old grand mansion. She looked at her tutor with a blank face and then continued eating.

"Ms. Hana, drop that, will you? Concentrate on this!" The teacher spoke in a firm voice.

Hana stopped eating, placed her spoon at the side of her plate, closed her fist and looked at her teacher.

"Good. Now let's continue, Business nowadays are---"

"You're boring" Hana snapped. The teacher's eyes widened at the insult. Never in her life has she experienced such a frank comment and it was said DIRECTLY to her, WITHOUT HESITATIONS AT ALL.

"Wh--what?" she flustered.

Hana stretched her arms, "Are you deaf? I said you're boring" she repeated with a straight face. Inside, the girl was trying to surpress her laughter. Her tutor's expression was epic!

"Ms. Hana, it's not appropriate to say that---" 

"Oh, so it's not appropriate to say the truth?" she cut her off again, "Too bad, I'm trying to be good by being honest. How could that be bad? Anyways, my father made the wrong decision of picking you as my tutor. I mean, I already know what you're teaching me, shouldn't you teach me things that I DON'T KNOW?! And what's with the outfit? Gosh, you're so lame. And your english pronunciations! Are you sure you're a teacher?!" she exclaimed and scoffed in a disgusted tone. 

The tutor was shocked. Tears formed in her eyes and without saying anything she made a dramatic exit.

"Another one GONE~" Hana sang happily and waved sarcastically.

It's always like this. Once her father got her a tutor she would give cold them the cold shoulder so that they won't last. Yes, it's rude of her to do this, but she's sick of it. She was imprisoned in this mansion for as long as she remembered and stuck up with maids, butlers, and tutors. She needs a normal life, like any other girl. Not this. And she thought that once she pisses off all her tutors, her dad might get her a normal education, a school. And a school means homeworks, and friends. That's the life Hana wanted.

Hana finished her tiramisu and then went at their garden. It was humungous! Filled with flowers of different kinds, sizes and colors. It was her only place here in the mansion where she can be herself. Where she can be happy. It was her and her mother's bonding place back then...Back when her mother haven't left.
"Geez! The gardener sure is lame! He should use organic fertilizers! Chemicals only destroys them." she commented as she saw the small roses at the side.

"Talking to yourself again are you?" Hana glanced at where the voice came from and a smile lit up her face. It was Sunny, her best friend. Her and Sunny's family are business partners so Sunny is free to come to their house anytime (well not really). And she is the ONLY FRIEND (not like she has other friends) who can come in her house.



Hana is already happy for having Sunny, she was a good friend, she would share her experiences in her school and when she go to other places. Hana would feel jealous of Sunny for having a family that accepts what she wants in her life and supports her as well. She hopes that one day her dad will do the same, which is so impossible.

"HEY SUNNY!" Hana waved. Sunny went closer, "You're back! How was your trip to China?" Hana excitedly asked.

"Oh it was superb! So many hot Chinese men around!" Sunny drooled at what she said, Hana sighed and gently pushed her forehead. "Sightseeing men again?" she asked.

"Well, it's a hobby that I love!" Sunny chuckled and so did Hana.

"What about you? Any changes?" Sunny asked. 

"As you can see. Nothing much happened. Still the same old tedious life!" Hana replied. The two sat at the bench near them. "Have you asked your dad yet? About the homeschool thing?" Sunny asked again. 

"Not yet, he's always busy in his work that I never got the chance. But today I'll try, I already had gotten off my tutor the only thing left now is to ask him if I could continue my studies in a school and quit this homeschool thingy."

"I hope he'll consider Hana, I can't imagine a life like this. No offense, but it's way too... tight! You can't even go outside for a walk!" Sunny exclaimed. Hana gazed up the sky and shielded her eyes from the bright sun rays.

*I want to be free... I want to fly high like the birds do. I need a life*

"I hope he does"