It's Sports Day and We're Stuck Together Part II

0% Love

YOUR (YOON JI) POV

Niel and I were stuck in the supply closet room at the school gym. Why did I have to be stuck with him? Why can't it be someone else? If I was stuck with Min Woo, it would've been like a dream. But NO. I was stuck with the most annoying person in the world. Not to mention, lazy.

"YAH! Niel! Help me push the door!" I screamed as I pushed the door. I knew it wasn't going to open, but who knows? It might open magically.

Niel sat on top of the sports mats that were piled up together. "That's not going to work," he sighed. "If only I had my phone with me. It's inside my locker."

I shook my head from disappointment. "Well, why didn't you bring it with you? Didn't you think that we might have an emergency... like this?"

"WELL, I'm SORRY for not KNOWING that we're gonna be STUCK inside a stupid SUPPLY ROOM. And I left it there because I didn't want it to fall off my pocket while playing sports. Why didn't YOU bring your phone?"

I guess he did have a point. Was I being to harsh? I think it's just natural for a person to find someone to blame.

"I purposely left my phone in my locker for the same reason." I said. I was a bit guilty.

"See? We even have the same reason. So don't blame it on me."

"Why are you even here in the first place, Niel? Aren't you supposed to be eating lunch or something?"

"You should be greatful that I'm here. I wanted more cupcakes. Your friend told me that you had more cupcakes and that you went to the gym, so I followed you here to ask for some more. You probably got tricked by that person who gave you the note."

I took out the note again and looked at it. "Hye Ri gave me the note. I don't think she'd trick me. She's a good friend."

Niel sighed. "It's definitely her."

 

HYE RI'S POV

I know it was wrong to trick Yoon Ji. She's been a good friend, but I just really had to do this and get her out of the way. There's no way Niel would like her, so I have a big chance of getting him. I've been planning to confess my love for Niel for a long time, and the time has come. I ordered two first years at school to set a trap for Yoon Ji, and I think it worked out perfectly. Yoon Ji probably liked Min Woo, that's why she fell for my trap. That's just too bad for her.

When I was sure that Yoon Ji wasn't around anymore. I looked for Niel around the field. I couldn't find him anywhere, so I went to his friends, Min Woo and Dongho.

I tapped their shoulders. "Uhhmm... Can I ask you guys a question?"

"Sure! But what's your name again?" Dongho tilted his head.

"I'm..." I said, but Min Woo interrupted me and started talking.

"Dongho, this is Lee Hye Ri," he introduced me to Dongho. "Your name's Lee Hye Ri, right? We're on the same team."

I smiled. "Yeah. I'm glad you remembered."

"So you're name's Hye Ri. What were you gonna ask?" Dongho said nicely.

"Oh, about that... Do you know where Niel is?"

Dongho and Minwoo looked at each other. "Ahh, Niel," Dongho said. "We're actually looking for him, but the field is so big, so he's just probably around here somewhere."

"Why are you looking for Niel?" Min Woo asked.

Dammit. I didn't think he'd ask this. I couldn't think of another reason. "I borrowed his notebook," I said.

Min Woo put on a curious and suspicious face. "Hmmm... But you're not even in our class."

"But that doesn't mean I can't borrow a notebook from him, right? Well, I have to go." I knew I had to leave or Min Woo would ask me more questions.

I continued to look for Niel around the field, but he's nowhere to be found. I even looked inside his classroom, but he wasn't there. He can't possibly be inside the school gym with Yoon Ji, right? That's just impossible.

 

NIEL'S POV

"We've been here for an hour already! There's no way out. I wanna get out already!" Yoon Ji complained.

I've been quiet for minutes, thinking up of a plan to get out, but she was just there complaining. "Will you shut up already?! Stop complaining."

Yoon Ji suddenly banged the door. "Help us! We're stuck here! There's people in here! Help! Whoever who's doing this, just let us out! Please!" She screamed. She kept on banging the door, but nothing happened. Then, she walked slowly to the corner of the supply closet room, sat down on the floor, and cried.

I can honestly say that I'm one those people who kind of freak out when someone's crying. She's a girl and she's my fiancee, so I had no choice but to comfort her.

I sat next to her on the floor. "Stop crying. We're gonna get out of here real soon."

Suddenly, the lights went out. Great, I thought. This is just great.

Yoon Ji continued crying. "I wanna go home. Niel, I'm scared."

There she goes again with the 'I'm scared' thing. The last time she said that was when the lights went out at her house during the storm. The same thing just happened again. The lights went out. We were in a completely dark room. And apparently, I was the one who 'protected' her before. Well, you could say that I was forced to protect her. That Min Hyuk hyung forced me to.

I'm not going to lose anything if I comfort her, right? So I just went for it. "Don't be scared. I'm here. I won't leave you. I will get you home safely very soon." I hugged her. I realized that I said almost the exact same thing from the last time. I didn't have any other comforting words, so I said almost the exact same thing.

I think I didn't get too far with the hugging thing. She was scared and I just really felt sorry for her. It wasn't even a tight hug. It was just a light hug, but it DID last for over thirty seconds. But like it even means anything. It wasn't even awkward or anything like that. I think it was the right way to comfort a person.

My eyes adjusted to the dark room, so I stood up, started banging the door, and screamed for help.

 

MIN WOO'S POV

Niel have been missing for more than an hour. Lunch has been over, and the women's tennis game started already. All the students had to go to the tennis court, which was up the hill of our campus. Dongho and I were getting worried about Niel. We were supposed to watch the tennis game, but we secretly left to look for Niel.

"Min Woo!" Someone yelled my name. It was Yu Won, Yoon Ji's best friend.

"What is it?" I asked.

"Have you seen Yoon Ji?"

"What? Is she missing too? Because Niel is missing also. Wait, what's happening?" I was confused.

"I don't know what's happening, but the last time I saw Niel, he went to look for Yoon Ji at the school gym to ask for some more cupcakes."

"Well, maybe they're over there. Niel's been missing for over an hour. Let's go!" The three of us left the tennis court secretly and headed to the school gym.

We opened the school gym's huge doors, and heard someone screaming, "Help us! There's someone in here!"

"It's Niel! He's in the supply room!" Dongho exclaimed. We all ran to the supply room and opened the door. Niel was there, looking all frustrated and tired. Yoon Ji was sitting in the corner of the room.

"Yoon Ji!" Yu Won yelled out loud and ran to Yoon Ji. "Are you okay? What happened? Come on, let's get you out of here." She hugged her friend tightly.

We all got out of the stuffy supply closet room, and asked what happened to them.

"I don't even know," Niel said. "Someone suddenly locked the door and the turned the lights off. I thought you guys forgot about me!"

"But who did this?" Dongho asked.

"I have no idea! That person is insane! But I'm guessing that it's..." Yoon Ji interrupted Niel. "Can we just get out of here and go home?" She asked.

"I'll take you home quickly," Niel put his arms around Yoon Ji, as if he was going to protect her from something. "Let's get you home," he said.  

When we got outside of the school gym, there were two guys running. "YAH! Stop running!" Dongho yelled and chased them. I chased them too.

We captured both of them and found out that they were first years. "We're sorry! We didn't mean to do this." The guy with the glasses said.

"What do you mean you didn't mean it? Do you know how much trouble you've caused?" I said.

"We're really sorry! We were just ordered to do this."

"Who did?" I asked.

"It's Hye Ri sunbaenim! She said she'd spread bad rumors about me."

The guy with the bowl cut started talking. "Yes! That's true. She told me that she'd spread rumors about me too. She just tricked us all!"

"I knew it was Hye Ri! She even gave a note to Yoon Ji, pretending that it was Min Woo." Niel said.

Me, Dongho, and Yu Won read the note, and we were surprised. Why would Hye Ri do this horrible thing?

 

YOUR (YOON JI) POV

I couldn't believe that Hye Ri was the one who did it. I wasn't feeling well and I wanted to go home, so all of us went inside the school building and went to my locker to get my bag. I realized that I left my lunch bag with cupcakes in it in my classroom, so we had to go there too. I was surprised to see Hye Ri inside the classroom when she's supposed to be watching the tennis game. She was looking outside the window, and she turned around, surprised to see all of us.

"Oh, what happened to you guys?" She looked at Niel, who was behind me. "I was looking for Niel earlier, but I couldn't find him." She said innocently.

I ran to my desk quickly, took my lunch bag full of cupcakes, and hid behind Niel. Min Woo walked closer to Hye Ri and said, "So where's that notebook that you borrowed from Niel? Niel's here now. Better bring it back to him."

"Eh? What notebook?" Niel looked curious. "I never let anyone borrow my notebook," he said.

"Exactly," Min Woo said. "We know what you did, Hye Ri."

"What are you talking about?" Hye Ri glared at Min Woo. "I... I didn't do anything."

"Stop lying, Hye Ri!" Yu Won yelled from behind. "Just admit it."

"But aren't you all wondering why Yoon Ji would even bother to go to the school gym?" Hye Ri said, trying to change the subject. "It's because she likes Min Woo."

"Stop making up things, Hye Ri." I said. "We know you're lying. And just admit that you're the one who trapped us."

"Whatever." Hye Ri walked out of the classroom.

"Don't chase her. Just leave her alone. We'll let her off this time." I said.

 

I was finally inside the car, on the way home with Niel. Sports day wasn't even finished yet, but I wanted to go home already. We explained what happened to us to the teachers and to the principal, and they let me and Niel go home early. Hye Ri is surely going to get in trouble. I trusted her as a friend, but she just ruined our friendship. I don't know why she's doing this, but I think she likes Niel and she's jealous.

"So... I heard you like Min Woo." Niel suddenly brought it up.

I was just looking outside the car window as usual, not paying attention to what he said. "What?"

"You like Min Woo, don't you?"

"Of course not," I laughed. "Why bring it up all of a sudden?"

"Nothing. Forget it."

Okay, I admit it. I was lying. I kind of like Min Woo, but why would I say that to Niel? I bet he's jealous, that's why he's asking. I appreciate his kindness, though. Again, he protected me.

 

AUTHOR'S NOTE:

Well, this is part two. I hope you like it. ^^ I got kind of stuck with the Hye Ri thing in middle. I still don't know what to do with Hye Ri. Hahaha~ I seriously don't know what happened to the format of the previous chapter. There are lots of spaces for some reason, but whatever. Many thanks to the new subscribers and all the subscribers. ^^

-azn_nuABO14

GLOSSARY:

Min Hyuk - Yoon Ji's childhood friend who appeared on chapter 7 (full description of him on chapter 7 glossary). He later became friends with Niel and told him to call him 'hyung'.

Sunbaenim - Means 'senior' in Korean. The two freshmen/first year guys called Hye Ri, sunbaenim, because she's older than them.