I'm Asking You to Go with Me to the Prom

0% Love

NIEL'S POV

It was a great Monday morning. I could hear the birds chirping. The sun shined brightly. I smelled delicious breakfast as soon as I woke up. I got ready for school, wore my uniform, and went down stairs.

"Breakfast is ready," said grandmother. "I cooked it only for you." She smiled.

"Thanks grandmother!" I sat down quickly.

She suddenly frowned. "I'm sorry it's just the two of us right now... It used to be me and your grandfather."

"That's completely fine. I understand grandfather's condition."

"I'm glad that you understand, grandson. After we eat, let's bring this porridge I cooked especially for your grandfather, okay?"

"Of course, grandmother."

 

Thirty minutes later, I had to go to school. "Bye grandmother, I'll be back after school. I have to go."

"Wait! I forgot to tell you something, grandson."

I glanced at my watch. "But grandmother! I don't have time! I might be late for school!"

"But you really need to know-"

"I'm sorry, I need to go!" I ran to the door.

Driver Jang was waiting outside the house for me like always. I usually have small, comfortable talks with him. That old man's not too bad.

I opened the door to the car, and quickly sat down. "Good morning, Mr. Ahn," Driver Jang said.

"Good morning, Driver Jang." I said energetically. "So where are we going?" I joked. Of course I knew where we were going to.

He laughed. "We're going to the moon, Mr. Ahn."

"So that means... An alien is going to sit next to me very soon, right?" I joked again.

"Hahaha," he laughed. "Mr. Ahn, you still fight with Ms. Lee?"

"Well, yeah. A lot, actually." I responded.

"You know, I used to drive for a youngman about your age."

"Really?"

"Yes, and he was in the same situation as you. He had to marry someone at a young age. It's a beautiful story."

It sounded interesting to me. What could this story be like? "Can you tell me the story?" I asked.

"Sure, Mr. Ahn," he said. "There was a young master, slightly older than you. He was indeed a handsome, intelligent, rich young master. He had to marry a beautiful girl about his age, who was the daughter of a big company. They always fought every single day, but as they grew older and spent their days together, they fell in love and they still are. The young master would always tell me that he always loved the beautiful girl from the start, but he was afraid to hurt her and to lose her. Also, the beautiful girl said the same thing about him."

"Hhmm... Really? That's interesting, Driver Jang."

"Yes, I hope it would be the same with you, Mr. Ahn."

I chuckled. "I don't know about that."

Our car finally stopped in front of Yoon Ji's house. "Here comes the beautiful princess," Driver Jang said.

This old man's about fifty-something, yet he likes fairytales, I thought.

Yoon Ji entered the car with a poker face. "What's up with the face?" I asked.

"Why do YOU care?" She said.

I was annoyed. It was so early and she was already acting like this. "What's YOUR problem? You need to take a chill pill."

"Niel, listen," she said. "They said that we're gonna get MARRIED this week. On Saturday, to be exact."

I couldn't believe what she just said. "WHAT?!"

"Didn't your grandmother tell you about this?"

"Well, she was about to, I guess"

We both stayed silent for some reason. There was no way out of this, so just let it be. It's hard to admit it, but I'm beginning to think that Yoon Ji isn't so bad after all. Is it possible? Am I falling for her? But that's impossible. Oh, and I just remembered about the prom. Maybe I should ask her to go with me.

 

YOUR (YOON JI) POV

As I was walking to my classroom this morning, I looked at the bulletin board. Oh, yeah. I forgot about the prom! I can't believe I forgot about it, I thought.

"Ah! The prom! It's on Wednesday." Yu Won suddenly showed up behind me.

"Are you going, Yu Won?" I asked.

"I don't know. We didn't go last year. But this is not the last one for us since we're only in second year."

I kind of wanted to go. I never really attended prom. "We should try."

"If you're going, then I'm going."

"Okay, then, we'll go. Let's have some fun at school since we only have a few months left before the school year ends."

We were walking toward the stairs, until Dongho jumped in front of us and blocked our way. He had a lollipop in his mouth, and was holding another one behind him.

"HEY! You guys are going to the prom?" He asked.

I looked at Yu Won to make her respond. "Uhh, yeah. Why?" She said.

Dongho suddenly knelt in front of Yu Won, and held out a big star shaped lollipop, as if it were flowers. Everyone gasped and looked at us. Yu Won and I stared at him in amazement.

"Dongho! What are you doing? Get up!" Yu Won yelled at him.

He took Yu Won's right hand. "Yu Won, do you want to go to the prom with me?" He asked dramatically.

"Yes, just get up, please! Everyone's staring!"

Dongho finally stood up, still holding the star shaped lollipop in front of Yu Won's face. For some reason, Yu Won touched Dongho's shoulders, as if she was trying to take out the dust on it.

"Don't do that again, okay?" Yu Won asked him.

"I can't promise you that," he said. He took her hand again, and made her hold the star shaped lollipop. "Here, take this." He smiled and left.

"Okay, what just happened?" I looked at Yu Won. "What's happening here? Is there something going on between you two?"

"There's nothing going on between us. He's just weird, but it wouldn't hurt to go to the prom with him as friends, right?"

"Uhh, yeah, sure." I started walking.

"This day's weird, isn't it? Very strange. The next thing I'd expect is Niel or Minwoo to ask you to go to the dance."

"Ha! I WISH Minwoo would ask me out, 'cause I'm not going with that arrogant jerk. It's even better if no one asks me."

The both of us laughed, then Niel appeared behind us.

"I see. You DO like him. Do you want me to tell him to ask you to go to the dance with him? Even if that sounds absolutely wrong."

"I was just kidding about that, Niel. Don't take it seriously."

Niel put on an arrogant face. "Fine. If you were kidding, why don't you go to the prom with the arrogant jerk?" He raised his eyebrow.

Go to prom with the arrogant jerk? What is he talking about? .... Oh... The arrogant jerk... is him! "Why on earth would I wanna go with you to the prom?" I yelled at him.

"Well, okay. If you don't go with me to the prom, I'll assume you like Minwoo, and then tell him. I'll just go to the prom with other girls. In fact, thirty girls already asked me to go to the prom." He smiled evily.

"I don't like your friend, so stop thinking that I do," I sighed. "And NO. There's no way I'm going to the prom with you." I took Yu Won's arm and walked away.

 

Yu Won and I were on our way to our classroom. "Why don't you wanna go to the prom with Niel?" She asked. "He asked you to go with him, so why don't you go? He's gonna be your future husband anyway."

"No thanks. I'd rather go alone."

 

AUTHOR'S NOTE:

Sorry about the very late update. This chapter's a little ehh, but I wish it's okay. The next chapter is definitely going to be a better one. ^^

-azn_nuABO14